How long is your fast?

Azzurri

T20I Debutant
Runs
What are the timmings of sehri and aftari in your particular areas ..name the length of fast + timings + your area..

Area:Milan,Italy
Sehri Time ends at :03:35 Am
AFtari Time :09 : 05 Pm

Re: Sehri And Aftari Timmings!!!

Muscat, Oman
Sehri: 4:10
Iftaar: 19:00 (7PM)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Sehri And Aftari Timmings!!!

UK- Sehri after 3am, Iftar 9:22pm

Germany

Sehri 4:05

Aftar 21:26

Allah ka shukar hay guzar rahay hain.

Sehri
3:00 am

Iftar 22:00 pm

long fasts in Ireland

doesn't help that the sun is out until 11 either, unpleasant fasting in the sun for the entire day

It is around 4:00 AM to around 8:30 PM in NY. It is 16.5 hours long and it will keep shortening as Ramadan goes.

India , sehri at 4.20 am & iftar at 7.23 pm . 15 hours .

Ive found it relatively easy this year, based in the UK.

The ridiculously different lengths is totally unfair IMO and there should be a proper and genuine ruling on this.

such as?
there is no bigger ruling than the ruling of Allah, and this is how it is.

Don't be so defensive. I am not questioning His rule. I am just objectively pondering.

Why should a muslim in Sweden (20 hours), fast for more than twice the time than a muslim in Argentina? (9 hours).

He is not going to get double the reward. God is just and I don't think He is going to give you less reward than someone who getting double the reward just because he is living in a certain country which allows him much easier fasts.

IMO this whole thing is equivalent to someone having to pray 10 times a day because of his geographical location.

Don't be so defensive. I am not questioning His rule. I am just objectively pondering.

Why should a muslim in Sweden (20 hours), fast for more than twice the time than a muslim in Argentina? (9 hours).

He is not going to get double the reward. God is just and I don't think He is going to give you less reward than someone who getting double the reward just because he is living in a certain country which allows him much easier fasts.

IMO this whole thing is equivalent to someone having to pray 10 times a day because of his geographical location.

I personally think it all matters on the particular season in the country at the time of Ramadan. Obviously in summer days are longer than in winter. And some countries are located as such that they face the sun for a longer time than other countries, the earth after all does not rotate on a straight axis, its tilted. Just the way it is.

I personally think it all matters on the particular season in the country at the time of Ramadan. Obviously in summer days are longer than in winter. And some countries are located as such that they face the sun for a longer time than other countries, the earth after all does not rotate on a straight axis, its tilted. Just the way it is.

Lol I know why they have to fast long. That is grade 5 geography :kapil

My point is it is not fair.

You can call it geographical discrimination.

I explained just in case you didn't know :yk
It maybe not fair but it is how it is, can't change it.

I explained just in case you didn't know :yk
It maybe not fair but it is how it is, can't change it.

I was just pulling your leg :yk

God is not unfair, but this is unfair. Maybe there is something we don't know.

The ridiculously different lengths is totally unfair IMO and there should be a proper and genuine ruling on this.

Bro you living under a rock or something? Their are fatawas for countries like Norway for example to use the next closest country they see fit.

Every country will at some point have short and lengthy fasts.

Fasting is not an easy thing to do, it is a test of endurance so that we experience what the poor people go through, i.e. not meant to be a free ride.

Australians are lucky now and for the next few years

Malaysians and Indonesians fast the same duration no matter what time of year it is :)

Bro you living under a rock or something? Their are fatawas for countries like Norway for example to use the next closest country they see fit.

Every country will at some point have short and lengthy fasts.

Fasting is not an easy thing to do, it is a test of endurance so that we experience what the poor people go through, i.e. not meant to be a free ride.

I'm not living under a rock, don't get personal here. I know this seems to be a sensitive issue for brainwashed people.
The next closest country doesn't bridge this huge gap between different countries. It is just awful and unfair.

I know it's about endurance but it doesn't have to be 10x harder just because of your geographical location.

I'm not living under a rock, don't get personal here. I know this seems to be a sensitive issue for brainwashed people.
The next closest country doesn't bridge this huge gap between different countries. It is just awful and unfair.

I know it's about endurance but it doesn't have to be 10x harder just because of your geographical location.

as you said MG, some things are beyond human control and knowledge, only God knows the reasoning for this.

as you said MG, some things are beyond human control and knowledge, only God knows the reasoning for this.

But the ego of some people won't let them accept this instead they'd come up with super lame excuses.

Newcastle, UK
Sehri: 2:56am
Iftar: 9:29pm
Duration: 18hrs 33mins

Gonna be a lot easier when it gets to February (in about 15 years)

Yes, yes he is. As long as that man fasts sincerely without complaining Allah (SWT) shall give him more rewards for fasting that long.

Yes, yes he is. As long as that man fasts sincerely without complaining Allah (SWT) shall give him more rewards for fasting that long.

A person fasting in Sweden gets more reward than a person fasting in Argentina? why?

A person fasting in Sweden gets more reward than a person fasting in Argentina? why?

You get the same reward for fasting, as long as it is sincere. But when a certains persons fast is longer than the rest and he completes it without complaints and does it with upmost sincerity then Allah (SWT) gives him rewards for that.

You get the same reward for fasting, as long as it is sincere. But when a certains persons fast is longer than the rest and he completes it without complaints and does it with upmost sincerity then Allah (SWT) gives him rewards for that.

So a person living in a country where the fast isn't much long, what is his fault?

Why is he deprived of the extra reward?

So a person living in a country where the fast isn't much long, what is his fault?

Why is he deprived of the extra reward?

Look,

What I said is what I thought happens, It doesn't necessarily mean it does. But whatever happnes in the end is fair as Allah (SWT) makes the decision.

When the calendar goes around, won't that person't fast be a lot shorter than everybody else's?

Anyways, I think this is a pretty good short video to watch on the topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ykHF6PHloA

Newcastle, UK
Sehri: 2:56am
Iftar: 9:29pm
Duration: 18hrs 33mins

Gonna be a lot easier when it gets to February (in about 15 years)

Since last year here it went up about 40 mins (20 on each side ) . So you telling me for the next 15 years we have fasts for 18+ hours ?

Your concern is 'length differences'. On average over the life time all these 'differences' even out. Argentina will have long days of fasting in a decade or so. At that time sweden will have 8-9 hours of fasting day. I would say on average every muslim will have same amount of fasting over his/her life time.

As for how much rewards one gets is unknown to any of us. Allah is just so trust Him fair reward.

P.S.1 Next people living in hot climate around equator should complain why fasting is difficult for them as compared to people living closer to north/south pole.

P.S.2 I for one satisfied that in my life I have experienced shortest, longest, and moderate length fasting days all with various degrees of toughness due to heat, cold, dryness etc while living in Pakistan and Europe.

Since last year here it went up about 40 mins (20 on each side ) . So you telling me for the next 15 years we have fasts for 18+ hours ?

Well they will reduce gradually, once the ramadan doesn't have the longest day of the year they will start reducing plus weather won't be that warm, these next 3-4 yrs be tough and then it would ease out either due to weather or shorter days.

Your concern is 'length differences'. On average over the life time all these 'differences' even out. Argentina will have long days of fasting in a decade or so. At that time sweden will have 8-9 hours of fasting day. I would say on average every muslim will have same amount of fasting over his/her life time.

As for how much rewards one gets is unknown to any of us. Allah is just so trust Him fair reward.

P.S.1 Next people living in hot climate around equator should complain why fasting is difficult for them as compared to people living closer to north/south pole.

P.S.2 I for one satisfied that in my life I have experienced shortest, longest, and moderate length fasting days all with various degrees of toughness due to heat, cold, dryness etc while living in Pakistan and Europe.

Just sums it up really.
Here in Middle East we have about 13 hours fasting, but the climate is oven hot.
In Sweden as Mamoon said fasts are longest, but the climate must be much more pleasant/colder.
So it evens out.

Well they will reduce gradually, once the ramadan doesn't have the longest day of the year they will start reducing plus weather won't be that warm, these next 3-4 yrs be tough and then it would ease out either due to weather or shorter days.
Thanks for the info . So for the next few years the fasting hours will be longer but they are all ready 18 hours . This means by next year they will be 19 . Can you fast 23 hours ?

Glasgow, Scotland
Sehri - 2: 45
Iftaari - 10:05

Well and truely beaten. Oh and dont forget Isha and Taraavi in bettween that time =)

I think we win! Taraweeh from 11.15 to 1.00 too :))

LONG days. I've missed a lot of taraweeh this year because I need to get up early bells for work.

For the next 3-4 years they will be similar to now and then they will gradually get shorter. I read just mentioning it will take about 15 years to get to the end of Jan-Feb

I think we win! Taraweeh from 11.15 to 1.00 too :))

LONG days. I've missed a lot of taraweeh this year because I need to get up early bells for work.

That's tough man, Isha starts at 10:45, Taraweeh at 11 and it finishes around 12:15

In NEW YORK, we fast for 16.5 hours long, and this is longest we can get here. after 2 years it will be less and less.

That's tough man, Isha starts at 10:45, Taraweeh at 11 and it finishes around 12:15

wow..you guys are really tough this year. I hope ALLAH give you guys alots of reward for that! ameen.

our Isha in new york starts at 10.15 and we done by 11.45.

Back