How much would you pay for a bat?

Cover Drive

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Since prices are significantly increasing next year I thought it would be good to ask fellow PPers what would be the highest they are willing to pay for a bat

If I had a regular income I wouldn't mind paying up to about $500

As I only have a part time position at the moment I'd pay about $250 max, which would get me a G1 from Pakistan.

Despite batting in the top 3 and scoring some decent runs this year, I still wouldn't spend more than $150 on a bat. I just don't think I'm quite good enough to draw the full benefit of a SUPER G1++++ type of bat.

I've been happy with my GM and Kook and neither of them was more than $100 so why spend more than I need to?

Plus, any money I save goes straight into my "watch fund"!

£200 tops, but it would have to be an exceptionally good bat for me to pay that much.

if i like bat price does not matter. can pay 300£ for english bat.

I have used bats for 2500-15000 rupees

Despite batting in the top 3 and scoring some decent runs this year, I still wouldn't spend more than $150 on a bat. I just don't think I'm quite good enough to draw the full benefit of a SUPER G1++++ type of bat.

I've been happy with my GM and Kook and neither of them was more than $100 so why spend more than I need to?

Plus, any money I save goes straight into my "watch fund"!

Looking to buy a Rolex?

Lately I saw a guy buying few Gray Nicolls Oblivion Strike which are similar to GMs you bought and he also did what you did and his bat looked as good as Grade 1s really

Looking to buy a Rolex?

Lately I saw a guy buying few Gray Nicolls Oblivion Strike which are similar to GMs you bought and he also did what you did and his bat looked as good as Grade 1s really

Gray nicolls oblivion strike-force for 55$

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DWQ_nHx4ufU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Looking to buy a Rolex?

Yea, you can get a cracker of a bat at any price range if you're willing to test out a bunch of them and find a good one; not to mention that polycoating and bleaching sometimes just hides some good willow.

As for the watch, not quite a Rolex but this one instead:

hublot-ice-bang.jpg

Thanks X, I don't have anything against Rolex but they're just too bland for my taste. Didn't know we had other watch enthusiasts around here.

Hublot looks great Shirazi bhai! Nice pick as kali bhai said.

I kinda agree that Rolex is a bit blad, then why I said Rolex? Was just because it is always the first name that springs to your mind when you think of expensive name.

For me Tag Heuer does it, pricey but my favourite. Don't own any but InshAllah am going towards it slowly and slowly.

Hublot looks great Shirazi bhai! Nice pick as kali bhai said.

I kinda agree that Rolex is a bit blad, then why I said Rolex? Was just because it is always the first name that springs to your mind when you think of expensive name.

For me Tag Heuer does it, pricey but my favourite. Don't own any but InshAllah am going towards it slowly and slowly.

Pricey? CD, your bat collection is easily worth more than a Tag!

Buy watches instead of bats, they'll last forever!

Here's something to look forward to CD:
jftime@11.jpg

Last edited:
Pricey? CD, your bat collection is easily worth more than a Tag!

Buy watches instead of bats, they'll last forever!

Here's something to look forward to CD:
jftime@11.jpg

I know comparing to all of the bats I have they are not too pricey but comparing with a single bat they are.

I agree, focus is slightly getting off the tangent really I am starting to save for something else than bats lol.

Carrera is also on a list but Tag is the one which is topping at the moment. That watch will break the ice, gone are days of Swatch which I used to wear when I first got into watches but since past three years haven't worn any but now that shouq is some what coming back again.

But I am no where as knowledgeable about watches as much I am of bats, heck I don't even know list of luxury watch brands really except likes of Tag Heuer, Rolex, Hublot and Carrera

Last edited:
I know comparing to all of the bats I have they are not too pricey but comparing with a single bat they are.

I agree, focus is slightly getting off the tangent really I am starting to save for something else than bats lol.

Carrera is also on a list but Tag is the one which is topping at the moment. That watch will break the ice, gone are days of Swatch which I used to wear when I first got into watches but since past three years haven't worn any but now that shouq is some what coming back again.

But I am no where as knowledgeable about watches as much I am of bats, heck I don't even know list of luxury watch brands really except likes of Tag Heuer, Rolex, Hublot and Carrera

Haha, Carrera is a model made by Tag. :)

That's ok, we all start out knowing very little. I do warn you though, I thought cricket was my first love but watches are insanely addictive!

In fact, I just put up this poster a few days ago:

IMG-20110921-00230.jpg

That's ok, we all start out knowing very little. I do warn you though, I thought cricket was my first love but watches are insanely addictive!

In fact, I just put up this poster a few days ago:

IMG-20110921-00230.jpg

Nahh I am not poster sort of guy :))

That watch looks class as well I must say.

i like this thread. frederique constant is the way to go...

http://www.frederique-constant.com/flashintro/index.php

Junior win for me really. Rest a bit ''old'' for me yet, have junior taste at the moment much like Shirazi has said.

I've got to say, I'm quite impressed by the amount of watch knowledge around here.

As for Fredrique Constant, don't you think they're a little "mature" CA? (Not that it's a bad thing, I'm just a bit young for it I think)

ha - i think your right, but it's because i am mature. :raja

i dont wear it everyday though. on the more affordable side of things - i like oris alot as well.

ha - i think your right, but it's because i am mature. :raja

i dont wear it everyday though. on the more affordable side of things - i like oris alot as well.

Oris is great value for the money, as are Tissot and Raymond Weil.

On the less affordable side of things, here's the crown jewel of my collection:

IMG_5837.jpg

Shirazi- How much is the Hublot, looks way better than Rolex imo. Tbh I don't like Omega that much either, but Hublot... wow.

Enthusiasm is what counts for far more than what's in your watchbox. Is it the price of luxury watches that's holding you back?

True but you gotta start somewhere right? Anyhow, price is a factor...I really like Franck Mueller nowadays....

Shirazi- How much is the Hublot, looks way better than Rolex imo. Tbh I don't like Omega that much either, but Hublot... wow.

Hublot is a bit overpriced to be honest, they start at around 10-12K and only go upwards from there.

True but you gotta start somewhere right? Anyhow, price is a factor...I really like Franck Mueller nowadays....

Check your PMs, Frank Mueller just got a little closer. ;)

I think the thread should be moved and re-named to how much would you pay for a watch!

Back