How will Newcastle United fare in the Premier League?

How will Newcastle United fare in the Premiership?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Geordie Ahmed

Hall of Famer
Runs
So Newcastle United have won The Championship and they are back in the big time - last time round they were shocking and deserved to go down.

How do you think they will do?

Last edited by a moderator:
many times a team that has just been promoted has a really good season, hopefully that will be the case with Newcastle...comfortable mid-table position IMO.

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
many times a team that has just been promoted has a really good season, hopefully that will be the case with Newcastle...comfortable mid-table position IMO.

BUT the season after they fall (Reading, Hull etc) - hopefully we can survive

I would settle for lower table (surviva of course) mediocrity for the next few seasons - we need some stability and to get our finances in tip top condition

Geordie Ahmed said:
BUT the season after they fall (Reading, Hull etc) - hopefully we can survive

I would settle for lower table (surviva of course) mediocrity for the next few seasons - we need some stability and to get our finances in tip top condition

indeed, then you will have to be alert in the transfer market...Inshallah they will manage now, always liked them and their fans...must be the Black and White effect ;-)

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
indeed, then you will have to be alert in the transfer market...Inshallah they will manage now, always liked them and their fans...must be the Black and White effect ;-)

Indeed - partly the reason I support (I use that term loosely) Juve in Serie A

Last edited:
they will survive. Thats what they need to concentrate on. As long as they don't have any off field problems and spend a bit of cash they should be fine

This seriously, can't be the poll of the week. :p There surely is more to discuss in the football world!

Anyways, they should be fine. They retained large parts of their team and I imagine they will strengthen themselves after WC.

Amir said:
This seriously, can't be the poll of the week. :p There surely is more to discuss in the football world!

Anyways, they should be fine. They retained large parts of their team and I imagine they will strengthen themselves after WC.

There is plenty to discuss in the footballing world BUT nothing more important than Newcastle United :)

Since you mention it, what poll would you like? Start the thread and I will add a poll for you ;-)

sannah12 said:
If stoke city can survive then why not newcastle.

Stoke City play an effective brand of footballing, its ugly BUT it does the trick - we dont have the personnel to play that way

If we played this season I reckon we would have survived as the bottom half of the Premiership is full of poor teams - I expect a few of those to improve and become decent sides

Still it should be a fun season

Probably just survive at the moment. Donno how they are doing financially but will need to get some good players in.

I think Newcastle will Finish Mid-table. Ideally they need to get off to a good start at beggining of the season.

Come on Magpies, just finish off The Clarets today. Today I am Newcastle fan as well! :)

Well done NUFC!

Thank you lads, Newcastle and Eddie Howe, for beating Burnley and helping Leeds to stay up.

:)

Back