Hundreds of houses and shops of Christians torched by Muslims in Lahore

oh please bring back the army rule lol these guys are just incompetent.

Disgraceful stuff!!

Am I hearing this right that Rana Sana ullah has been appointed as the head of investigating committee. Shehbaz Sharif is N. Modi of Pakistan. Had his government punished those involved in Gojra incident few years ago we might not be having this issue today.

Yes right lets drag this into a Pak vs India slugfest again.

The reason for all this is as simple as it gets.Yes illiteracy may be the main factor 'promoting' all of this..But its religion in the first place that these actions are based on..

You say promote education and that will wipe out extremism?..Well to be precise,education wipes out ''Religion'' and thus Religious extremism too.Look at how the entire Europe is half atheist now

I cant see Pakistan's folks getting rid of this dogma in the near or distant future...

question: if religion was to be eliminated in the world, does that mean crime against humanity will end?

are the people worrying about crime against humanity (i.e; against individual or a nation) or they are concern that religion causes majority of the war, hunger, and oppression, since WW1?, separation of religion and state will give most the freedom of being openly gay, no one will ever be tried under blasphemy law. But does that mean that the elected government will not be overthrown by dictators supported by the most educated in the world. if you look at all the recent conflicts, the most heinous crimes against human and democracy have been committed by the people who have graduated from the most prestige institutions.

Is religion adding to the crime against humanity or reducing ?

If it will end or not no one knows. But from what I am seeing it will reduce definitely.

zia has ruined pakistan ..he gave too much power and freedom to these religious lunatics ..they took advantage of this and brainwashed millions ..things were getting better in the late 80s to 2000 then 911 happend and these mullahs went back to brainwashing the masses

Agree. This is exactly what happened.

Really sad situation.

These religious fanatics need to be dealt with.

oh please bring back the army rule lol these guys are just incompetent.

What's army rule got to do with this incident though, where were the police ? Asleep ?!

Yes right lets drag this into a Pak vs India slugfest again.

The reason for all this is as simple as it gets.Yes illiteracy may be the main factor 'promoting' all of this..But its religion in the first place that these actions are based on..

You say promote education and that will wipe out extremism?..Well to be precise,education wipes out ''Religion'' and thus Religious extremism too.Look at how the entire Europe is half atheist now

I cant see Pakistan's folks getting rid of this dogma in the near or distant future...

It's chicken and egg situation, higher education and income will automatically reduce religion. Problem is how to get there with all the religious extremism.

This nation is very sick and barbaric. Intolerance runs deep inside the veins of these religious Pakistani Muslims. If they aren't bombing Shias or Ahmadis then they're hurting innocent poor Christians.

Rule of law.

It's easy when your with your bearded brothers to attack, in group, few unarmed Christian (or other religious minorities) families, but the day the police instead of being passive spectators (and active criminals) will show them the stick, they'll wet their pants and never look at the Christians with an evil eye.
These peoples who attack in group or call for e-genocide of Shias/Hindus/... are always 'buzdil'.

It's not a magic formula, really. But like in many countries where the minorities are persecuted, the problem remains the same : the passive (if not helping) govt.

Is religion adding to the crime against humanity or reducing ?

If it will end or not no one knows. But from what I am seeing it will reduce definitely.

sure it has caused conflicts and crimes.

but to say that atheism will end or reduce the atrocities then i have to disagree.
just getting rid of religion will probably reduce 5-10 percent of the worlds crime, but majority of the crime are not based on religion? in country like Pakistan the only reason such crimes continuously have been committed is because people who have commit those crimes goes unpunished.

for example, In 60-90's S. America was a predominately a democratic continent, and most of the democracy were overthrown by dictators which was supported by the rest of the democratic nations in other continent, and millions of the innocent people lost their life. were those death related to any religion conflict? look at Venezuela, people of that country decided to elect Chavez, a democratically elected, then why did UN or any western nations imposed sanctions against Venezuela when they have not committed any crime, they did not kill any hindu, muslim or Jew, or invaded any country.

to say that atheims is the answer is somewhat immature, because oppression of poor and weak will not end, most of the people are oppressed not because of religion, it is because some want to stay on top, and to get on top you have to step on the weak and poor, probably not as an individual but as a nation, you do.

sure it has caused conflicts and crimes.

but to say that atheism will end or reduce the atrocities then i have to disagree.
just getting rid of religion will probably reduce 5-10 percent of the worlds crime, but majority of the crime are not based on religion? in country like Pakistan the only reason such crimes continuously have been committed is because people who have commit those crimes goes unpunished.

for example, In 60-90's S. America was a predominately a democratic continent, and most of the democracy were overthrown by dictators which was supported by the rest of the democratic nations in other continent, and millions of the innocent people lost their life. were those death related to any religion conflict? look at Venezuela, people of that country decided to elect Chavez, a democratically elected, then why did UN or any western nations imposed sanctions against Venezuela when they have not committed any crime, they did not kill any hindu, muslim or Jew, or invaded any country.

to say that atheims is the answer is somewhat immature, because oppression of poor and weak will not end, most of the people are oppressed not because of religion, it is because some want to stay on top, and to get on top you have to step on the weak and poor, probably not as an individual but as a nation, you do.
I never said atheism will end crime against humanity.

If I take your words that religion reduces 10% then that is still better.

Why would you follow which increases 10% crimes?

Compare Sweden, Norway, France, Denmark, Netherlands etc to Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Uganda...

Islam at it's lowest point today really..A Muslim should be ashamed to see all these scenes. What these poor people had to do what that low lifer?

Jo deen bari shaan say nikla tha watan say
pardes mein aaj woh ghareebul ghurba hai

Truly ashamed at what Pakistan has become.

If Pakistani authorities don't want to tackle this problem then the international community must act.

Sanctions against Pakistan are becoming more and more justifiable !

Last edited:
Compare Sweden, Norway, France, Denmark, Netherlands etc to Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Uganda...

Norway?? france??
Why dont you bring greece and russia into it too

A few homes were torched, no one was killed due to the evacuation, i dont see what the problem is

Homes are routinely bombed into oblivion in the nwfp

I believe that now Pakistani public can't be cured...
We need an invasion to fix this problem...

Danda seems to be the only way we will learn to respect minorities...

Norway?? france??

A few homes were torched, no one was killed due to the evacuation, i dont see what the problem is

well i do not understand how this is not a problem for any Pakistani, you can not simply torch anyone home.

let the non muslim, EDL or any racist group torch your home, wouldn't you have a problem?

I believe that now Pakistani public can't be cured...
We need an invasion to fix this problem...

Danda seems to be the only way we will learn to respect minorities...

or for people to start following the law, international or national law

well i do not understand how this is not a problem for any Pakistani, you can not simply torch anyone home.

let the non muslim, EDL or any racist group torch your home, wouldn't you have a problem?

the edl did torch numerous take aways in rochdale after the unrest there

You didnt see white apologists on here did you

or for people to start following the law, international or national law

Police/state/law can't control if 5%+ of nation become radical...
and I believe we have crossed that 5% long long time ago...

now we need a merciless cleanup...nothing short of this would not help...

Police, Politicians, Judges, Army officer, lawyers, journalists, Media, molvies and general public ...all need danda...

Police/state/law can't control if 5%+ of nation become radical...
and I believe we have crossed that 5% long long time ago...

now we need a merciless cleanup...nothing short of this would not help...

Police, Politicians, Judges, Army officer, lawyers, journalists, Media, molvies and general public ...all need danda...

If there is a blasphemy law, people should accept it and if they dont agree with it, channel it through the right avenues, you dont take the law in to your own hands
Not that this was a blasphemy case, it was basically gangland violence after a confrontation in a barber shop

Similarly if international law says you respect the sovierignty and borders of other countries or don't go to war over bogus evidence, again you accept it

If there is a blasphemy law, people should accept it and if they dont agree with it, channel it through the right avenues, you dont take the law in to your own hands
Not that this was a blasphemy case, it was basically gangland violence after a confrontation in a barber shop

Similarly if international law says you respect the sovierignty and borders of other countries or don't go to war over bogus evidence, again you accept it

People of Pakistan understand Danda...and they will NEVER break law when they know that ...they will have to face danda..

People of Pakistan understand Danda...and they will NEVER break law when they know that ...they will have to face danda..

Rarely agree with you, but spot on. :malik

The day the bearded hooligans will get a piece of wood where it hurts, they'll stop bullying vulnerable minorities.

That's why I don't see the problem in Zia ul Haq, extremism, ... but simply in the non application of the rule of law.

Rarely agree with you, but spot on. :malik

The day the bearded hooligans will get a piece of wood where it hurts, they'll stop bullying vulnerable minorities.

That's why I don't see the problem in Zia ul Haq, extremism, ... but simply in the non application of the rule of law.

have you seen the pictures of the torching, i didn't see one beard on show, that's enough for some people to make takfir alone

All the involved arrested...All the houses to be rebuild and financial aid to be given to each affected person..let's see if the ones who are arrested are handed over the punishments as well?

I never said atheism will end crime against humanity.

If I take your words that religion reduces 10% then that is still better.

Why would you follow which increases 10% crimes?

i would definitely not, anything that help to reduce crime, but here something that annoy me the most, a claim by many atheist that education would solve most of the crime against humanity, but as i have said before most of the heinous crimes committed since WW1 was and continue to be are committed by many people who have graduated from the most prestige institution in the world. maybe not within their own country, but they are committing such atrocities in far away nations, almost every dictator is highly educated, to be a head of a military, he has to be.

Most of the atheist totally ignore this notion, and blame all of the world problems on religion, when religious conflict are not that significant.

Just for an example here on PP, some of the usual atheist flock to any thread that is related to religious crime in any nation and post 1 to 2 line petty comments but are unable to understand the ground reality or give real solution, it is as annoying as some religious freak believing and posting a comment about a miracle, such as Jesus pic on a toasted bread.

They are quick to deny any conspiracy whenever any conflict involves a nation that is extremely religious, but failed to understand that majority of the time these religious freak have and are being backed up as long as it favor the same people who have been educated in prestige institution. People in S. America probably are more educated and less religious, and even they have suffered and suffering from overthrown of elected government/dictators and sanctions.

so education alone is not a solution, atheist need to come up with a better solution and to see the bigger picture, they need to understand world politics, which is conveniently ignored , and i do not understand why.

Incidentally, many of those involved in the vandalism and destruction can be identified via TV footage. Regardless of religion or sectarian deviation, this should be a simple matter of applying the law and prosecuting them for wilful destruction of property. The CM of Punjab Shabaz Sharif, who is admittedly a joke figure, has promised action in this regard.

Personally speaking, I can only see things improving if the PTI win Punjab. The thought of the Sharif clan winning the region is depressing to say the least.

the edl did torch numerous take aways in rochdale after the unrest there

You didnt see white apologists on here did you

just because i did not see a white apologist, does not give me a right to drop to the same level as racist person, does it?

i have read many comment on PP from white and non-white condemning the racism from EDL, but i guess everyone here is really good at ignoring such condemnation from both side. most are too busy to belittle each other :)

i was thinking how long before "conspiracy theory" smarties jump on this thread! :dav

Whats the conspiracy angle

1. There were no beards on show

2. If you though the word takfir alluded to some kind of conspiracy, let me define it for you it is when muslims call others kaafir due to some action they see as being outside the bounds of islam , for example keeping a beard or not a beard

So yes, your long awaited conspiracy angle about how this was sponsored by government sponsored goons in a bid to increase tax on matches and lighters whill have to await another dry dream night

just because i did not see a white apologist, does not give me a right to drop to the same level as racist person, does it?

i have read many comment on PP from white and non-white condemning the racism from EDL, but i guess everyone here is really good at ignoring such condemnation from both side. most are too busy to belittle each other :)

You asked me whether i would be happy if edl was to burn my house if i blasphemised in england for example if i burnt a poppy in the middle of the street etc
I told you edl had caused untold unrest in rochdale, targetting innocent taxi drivers and take aways.

Where was the condemnation for their actions

Last edited:
You asked me whether i would be happy if edl was to burn my house if i blasphemised in england for example if i burnt a poppy in the middle of the street etc
I told you edl had caused untold unrest in rochdale, targetting innocent taxi drivers and take aways.

Where was the condemnation for their actions

start a thread, and i am sure you will see condemnation. or just visit any old thread related to such incident.

how can anyone justify burning of a house? do you live in a cave?

The EDL has been stoking tensions across most of the UK with provocative marches through Asian areas but it's been largely unreported in the mainstream press. But in England, the opposition to the EDL is very organised, and where the EDL go there is usually an equally militant anti-fascist force to meet them.

What's army rule got to do with this incident though, where were the police ? Asleep ?!

I know you'll find many faults in Pervez Musharraf's era but I gotta be honest..that was the one of the best era in Pakistan's history..It was more peaceful and Musharraf never bowed down to extremists...

I know you'll find many faults in Pervez Musharraf's era but I gotta be honest..that was the one of the best era in Pakistan's history..It was more peaceful and Musharraf never bowed down to extremists...

According to who? He was considered the chief perpetrator of the Kargil operation by the Indians, he was in power during the assassination of Benazir Bhutto and the attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team when they were on Pakistani soil. How does that translate into one of the best eras in Pakistan's history?

According to who? He was considered the chief perpetrator of the Kargil operation by the Indians, he was in power during the assassination of Benazir Bhutto and the attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team when they were on Pakistani soil. How does that translate into one of the best eras in Pakistan's history?
Musharraf was not in the power when SL attacks happened.

He resigned from his post in August 2008 and attacks on SL happened in March 2009.

Musharraf was not in the power when SL attacks happened.

He resigned from his post in August 2008 and attacks on SL happened in March 2009.

So who was in power when those attacks on the SL team happened?

according to general public..and independent sources..Only 607 civilians were killed in terrorists attacks till 2006..
http://www.satp.org/satporgtp/countries/pakistan/database/casualties.htm
..and Karachi was the hub of economic activities, absolutely peaceful unlike today.

from 2007 onwards the situation changed..when these corrupt people/lawyers/media started a war against him and the general public bought into their fantasies and America also supported those corrupt politician find their way back to Pak through NRO's and other deals..I think we deserve this..thanks to Media and lawyers movement and America's NRO for giving us this Jamhooriat..:nasir

Norway?? france??

No argument.Some Pakistanis don't see any problem with that.

Wait. They were Christian homes. Scums.

Ridiculous stuff! Beyond what one can imagine:(......

All the involved arrested...All the houses to be rebuild and financial aid to be given to each affected person..let's see if the ones who are arrested are handed over the punishments as well?
Good job. The media should atleast appreciate the effort and follow it up to make it an example.

I guess the swift action is due to good media coverage too.

i would definitely not, anything that help to reduce crime, but here something that annoy me the most, a claim by many atheist that education would solve most of the crime against humanity, but as i have said before most of the heinous crimes committed since WW1 was and continue to be are committed by many people who have graduated from the most prestige institution in the world. maybe not within their own country, but they are committing such atrocities in far away nations, almost every dictator is highly educated, to be a head of a military, he has to be.

Most of the atheist totally ignore this notion, and blame all of the world problems on religion, when religious conflict are not that significant.

Just for an example here on PP, some of the usual atheist flock to any thread that is related to religious crime in any nation and post 1 to 2 line petty comments but are unable to understand the ground reality or give real solution, it is as annoying as some religious freak believing and posting a comment about a miracle, such as Jesus pic on a toasted bread.

They are quick to deny any conspiracy whenever any conflict involves a nation that is extremely religious, but failed to understand that majority of the time these religious freak have and are being backed up as long as it favor the same people who have been educated in prestige institution. People in S. America probably are more educated and less religious, and even they have suffered and suffering from overthrown of elected government/dictators and sanctions.

so education alone is not a solution, atheist need to come up with a better solution and to see the bigger picture, they need to understand world politics, which is conveniently ignored , and i do not understand why.
Dost, what you mentioned are all valid point.

But your argument is X is not the only reason so why tackle X ?

My argument is X is one of the reason and hence tackle X to reduce the contribution from X ?

Every thing which is creating or adding to the problem, we should try to avoid. Not that if there are other reasons then we should let X to add more to it.

Hope you get my point of argument now.

It was Zardari, wasnt it? Unless my memory fails me but I'm fairly certain it was our beloved President :zardari
I am not sure but hasn't these issues already started during Mush's time ?

I mean the exact incident might have happened during Zardari but the unrest process was triggered by Mushy.

Zardari just didn't have it in him to reverse it or handle it.

Yes, thats why we have only had 2 major riots since the last 30 years while these incidents on the Pakistani minorities are happening every week. And we all know how your Pakistani courts work, those people will be out on the street in a week. 100s of Shias were killed in bomb blasts. How many were arrested? How many were sentenced to death? Put in jail? I dont need to point these things but hey, you brought India into this

well said & the poster you responded to must bring India into every discussion ... that is how insecure he is !

Pakistanis and Indians arguing over who treats minorities better is like arguing over who is a faster bowler; Bhuvneshwar or Praveen Kumar. Even if you win the argument it's nothing to be proud of.

Pakistanis and Indians arguing over who treats minorities better is like arguing over who is a faster bowler; Bhuvneshwar or Praveen Kumar. Even if you win the argument it's nothing to be proud of.

read the posts above gabbar .... some insecure pakistani's brought it up .

Today Christians were throwing stones on cars and beating motorbikers on the streets. This incident was occured in different parts of Karachi. No police or law enforcement agency was present.

It was a counter reaction in the wake of the aforementioned incident

Today Christians were throwing stones on cars and beating motorbikers on the streets. This incident was occured in different parts of Karachi. No police or law enforcement agency was present.

It was a counter reaction in the wake of the aforementioned incident

Source?

I saw live coverage of the incident on ARY news channel. I saw a mob of approx 100 people destroying cars and stopping motor bikers. The headline was like the reaction of angry people in the wake of lahore's incident. You can check out youtube there might be a clip or something.

Minorities are officially second-class citizens in Pakistan with unequal rights and protection under law.

Looking back: Not a single person convicted for Gojra riots

LAHORE: Of the 1,000 accused in the 2009 horrific Gojra riots, where eight Christians were burnt alive and 60 houses torched, not even one has been convicted thus far, The Express Tribune has learned.

On July 31 2009, Christian Colony in Gojra, Toba Tek Singh, was set ablaze by a Muslim mob. During the subsequent inquiry, a total of 185 witnesses submitted written statements, while five went abroad.

The police had registered two cases. In the first case, 70 people were nominated by the complainant, of which 68 were granted bail-before-arrest by the court. The remaining two – Atif alias Neeru and Ghulam Abbas – were detained. Atif and Abbas were on surety bonds worth Rs100,000 each.
One case was registered in August 2009 at the Gojra police station by Almas Hameed Masih, a resident of the Christian Colony. Seventy people were nominated in the FIR while 800 were unidentified. Almas Masih’s father, wife, sister, brother, sister-in-law and two children were burnt alive in their house where Almas had locked them for protection and he himself was firing to defend himself from the rooftop of the house. Almas was injured while his relatives were burnt alive when the mob set his house on fire.

All the accused were released on bail after the petitioners and witnesses were pressured to withdraw their statements and file affidavits in favour of the accused. As a result, the complainants stated that the accused were named by mistake and had no role in the incident.

On condition of anonymity, a Christian resident of Gojra told The Express Tribune that the relatives of a Muslim who was arrested had pressured them to withdraw their stances.

Despite this, the case is still pending before a special anti-terrorism court in Faisalabad, which in 2012 had deferred the hearing for non-appearance of the complainants before the court to record their statements.

In the second FIR, 21 accused were nominated and hundreds were unidentified.

As both complainants were not in Pakistan, the court stated that it would take up the matter upon their return to the country. The court issued this order by accepting two applications that were moved before it, from both the accused and prosecutors, suggesting the issuance of a stay order on the case.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/518585/looking-back-not-a-single-person-convicted-for-gojra-riots/

Akram Gill, a local bishop in the Lahore Christian community, said the incident had more to do with personal enmity between two men — one Christian and one Muslim — than blasphemy. He said the men got into a brawl after drinking late one night, and in the morning the Muslim man made up the blasphemy story as payback.

What is the punishment for making false blasphemy charges? Surely that should be a serious offence in it's own right. If you are going to have blasphemy laws then surely they shouldn't be abused so blatantly without serious repercussion?

What is the punishment for making false blasphemy charges? Surely that should be a serious offence in it's own right. If you are going to have blasphemy laws then surely they shouldn't be abused so blatantly without serious repercussion?

Even in the blasphemy case of 13 year old girl Rimsa Masih , a local Maulvi was found out as the culprit who burned religious texts and blamed it on the girl. That Maulvi was later released by the police after tall promises of justice.

Now if the conspirator of such a high profile case was released with ease then what are the odds of culprit being prosecuted in this case?

Even in the blasphemy case of 13 year old girl Rimsa Masih , a local Maulvi was found out as the culprit who burned religious texts and blamed it on the girl. That Maulvi was later released by the police after tall promises of justice.

Now if the conspirator of such a high profile case was released with ease then what are the odds of culprit being prosecuted in this case?

maluvi jadoon was completely innocent

the witnesses were threatened by the police along with media and kafir lobby to turn against the maulvi.

i simply won't believe it a maulvi and a pakhtun maulvi at that would burn the quran just to implicate a little girl. why would he burn the quran to expose a christian girl, by burning the quran he has automatically booked a seat in hell for himself

maluvi jadoon was completely innocent

the witnesses were threatened by the police along with media and kafir lobby to turn against the maulvi.

i simply won't believe it a maulvi and a pakhtun maulvi at that would burn the quran just to implicate a little girl. why would he burn the quran to expose a christian girl, by burning the quran he has automatically booked a seat in hell for himself

wow . kafir lobby :moyo

also it wasn't the maluvi who caught the girl, but a mob who was gonna kill rimsha and her mother

maulvi khalid jadoon came on the scene and saved the mother and daughter and handed them over to the police along with the burnt text.

Eventually, education is the easiest and long term solution for any country's progress. Education leads to better health awareness, makes people saner, tolerable, futuristic and progressive. At the end, it leads to better govn't ... when public is smarter, it demands better leader. They are less likely to get manipulated.

It's very hard to educate people without very little funds to start with, but eventually, that's the best option for long term, not an instant solution of course. Instant solution would be the strict grip by law and order. < -- the real Law and Order, not religious Law and order.

Last edited:
India's constitution does not say dalits and christians cannot be President, PM, etc., as it does in Pak for the non-muslims. :afridi

As if a constitution makes any difference in a place like India. Beat it troll, Pakistan needs to put it's own house in order, we don't need advice from a country which burns down residential areas because of a 21yr old girls comment on Facebook.

I don't why peoples are still talking of 'education'. The mob mentality hasn't to do with education, the most 'educated' nation of Europe showed its fireworks during the WWII, what we need is a govt. which protects its minorities that's all, and for the internal security it's the police's job.
We shouldn't blame all on 'education', that's just too easy, but the provincial govt. :sharif

Eventually, education is the easiest and long term solution for any country's progress. Education leads to better health awareness, makes people saner, tolerable, futuristic and progressive. At the end, it leads to better govn't ... when public is smarter, it demands better leader. They are less likely to get manipulated.

It's very hard to educate people without very little funds to start with, but eventually, that's the best option for long term, not an instant solution of course. Instant solution would be the strict grip by law and order. < -- the real Law and Order, not religious Law and order.

The top terrorists are some of the most highly educated individuals, you can make the case for less religion. :yk

Joseph Colony backlash: Enraged protesters smash Metro Bus office

518645-karachichristiansprotestonline-1362908210-697-640x480.jpg

People protesting against the mob attack on a Christian colony in Lahore broke into a Metro Bus office at Ferozpur Road and damaged property, reported Express News on Sunday.
A large contingent of police present at Ferozpur Road had to resort to shelling tear gas at the protesters to disperse them and stop further damage.
An over 3,000-strong mob on March 9 set ablaze more than 150 houses of Christians in the Joseph Colony over alleged blasphemous remarks against Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by Sawan Masih, a 28-year-old Christian sanitation worker.
Protests were also held in several other cities including Karachi, Muzzaffargarh, Dera Ghazi Khan, Vehari and Sukkur.
In Gujranwala, demonstrators blocked the Pindi Bypass Chowk, while rallies were taken out in Faisalabad and Sukkur.
The Multan Minorities Alliance also staged a sit-in at Nawan Shehr Chowk.

Looks like protests going on all over Pakistan. Property being trashed as usual though.

As if a constitution makes any difference in a place like India. Beat it troll, Pakistan needs to put it's own house in order, we don't need advice from a country which burns down residential areas because of a 21yr old girls comment on Facebook.

well said Rishwat,you really do not need any advise from any one - you are just about as perfect as a nation can be :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

which residential area got burnt btw ...or is this just another fantasy of yours ?

Eh I'd be wary of the pro-status quo media.

However, the anger should be directed towards the main culprit, there should be no reason for such vandalism.

Still though this reeks of state sponsored false flag seeing how the attack on Islam is in full flow aided by spineless traitors. :facepalm:

I don't why peoples are still talking of 'education'. The mob mentality hasn't to do with education, the most 'educated' nation of Europe showed its fireworks during the WWII, what we need is a govt. which protects its minorities that's all, and for the internal security it's the police's job.
We shouldn't blame all on 'education', that's just too easy, but the provincial govt. :sharif

He's now denying the PML-N is in cahoots with the LeJ. I'll post the story in a separate thread, make of it what you will.

The top terrorists are some of the most highly educated individuals, you can make the case for less religion. :yk

So, I don't know which argument is correct.

Some people are saying 'failure to understand proper teaching of religion in few individual is leading to terrorism.' and some are saying 'failure to have sanity despite proper education in few individuals is leading to terrorism'.

Neither education nor religions are leading to terrorism then what is?

I think giving examples of WW is poor argument and poor excuse to show failure in implementing education the first choice to fix nation's mindset. When I talk about education, education for general public.

And even if you say WW was created by educated countries, well, all those countries are sitting safely comfortably at the moment. Even after massive destruction of Japan, they are leading country and safer country to live. There is a clear difference between educated state's Growth and not so educated state's growth in India. There must be a reason for that. Economy doesn't progress without educated public as a whole. Working force needs educated public. All Corporate countries have educated public. I don't think proper Govn't can be built by uneducated public.

Pakistan's Govn't has moved to Status-Quo position, no-one wants to take responsibility and get a grip on general public. Like I said, instant solution would be following strict Law and Order, but long term solution is still the education. An education that teaches, all humans have very similar DNA.

Just the other day a PPer said this to me

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showpost.php?p=5620033&postcount=30

It's time to change the definition of justice. Since, killing criminals will be considered a genocide. Great. We are in trouble big time. That proves my prediction about Karachi based on learned people's prediction that Karachi will suffer big time. May Allaah (SWT) have mercy on Karachi, Ameen!

^ I am born-Karachi, just in case if you haven't noticed. Unlike you, i am not a blind supporter of any thug. My stance remains the same on TTP, any criminal organizations that posses direct threat to Pakistan even if that means MQM too.

^ I also mentioned my support for MQM for a certain condition needed to be met. Change the leader, and appoint the right leader to lead MQM will be extremely beneficial to Karachi and Pakistan. There are some who continue to prefer Altaf despite of his agenda's exposed. Change the leader or abolish the criminal organization before it's too late. Pakistan armies are dealing with TTP in punjab and other terrorists in Punjab. Alhamdulillah!, the situation is back to normal in Punjab, but the situation is doubly worsening in Karachi. Pakistan armies are needed. Time to end the criminals once and for all. As Allaah is my witness, i want the best for Pakistan, Karachi and the Ummaah of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

Alhumdulillah , indeed .

Failed country, failed people, failed state, failed Two-Nation Theory.

It sickens me, the current state of affairs in Pakistan. Ayaz Amir says it good,

'Islam is not a problem in Iran. It is not a problem in the UAE, the fleshpots of Dubai existing happily within the bosom of a strict Islamic society. Why have we made it into a problem in Pakistan? We who could have been a beacon for others, the cross-roads of east and west, starting point of a new golden road to Samarkand, why did we allow ourselves to become almost the leading example of a promising experiment gone hopelessly wrong? We should have been a laboratory of Islamic modernity. What evil star turned us into a laboratory of CIA-directed and Saudi-financed jihad?'

I dont agree with the last line but he's got the crux right

A good portion of that is plain rubbish. Much of the so called 'prosperity' in the listed Arab nations is due to Uncle Sam's backing. The lack of it in Pakistan is due to our nation being strategically located full of natural resources which would make Pakistan a powerhouse. Easy to see why the enemy is plotting heavily against Pakistan while our Arab brethren in Syria, Yemen, Afghanistan, Iraq etc. as well as Kashmiris continue to be butchered as the Royal Kings and Princes fatten up their bank balances and sit idly in midst of the massacre.

What I will agree with though is that Pakistan definitely has massive untapped potential which can allow it to lead Muslim Ummah.

On Tribune , they posted this slideshow of people burning the houses

http://tribune.com.pk/multimedia/slideshows/518262/

This one picture raised so many questions in my head

518262-IMG_-1362828908-982-640x480.JPG

Lets say I am a religious person , offended by a Christian for making derogatory remarks and I decide to burn down the colony he lives in . A photographer takes my picture while I am at it , I would probably look angry , right ?

Not this guy ! He is happy , in the mood to celebrate like he just won a cricket match vs India . :kohli

Last edited:
Back