"I am bowling at around 145 kph consistently" : Mohammad Talha

An average bowler,nothing special about him.

Him along with Cheema,Asad Ali,Bhatti and a couple of others are in the same boat.Nothing special and outright average at best.

Last edited:
^ I think Bhatti actually has decent pace. Talha is neither quick nor does he have much skill with the ball.

^ I think Bhatti actually has decent pace. Talha is neither quick nor does he have much skill with the ball.

Bhatti is such a terrible bowler that it is embarrassing.Talha on the other hand is also an average bowler at best who has been hyped up like there is no tomorrow.

He isn't as quick, but generated good bounce at decent speed from what I have seen. I rate him more than Bhatti or Cheema.

Talha would be ok in English conditions. On asian tracks he's just meat and drink for test batsmen.

This pitch is a graveyard for bowlers. Simply put. No need to fuel so much criticism for the bowlers, even Rehman scored a 50

Even you would produce a couple of 'jaffas' after so many overs.

Really disappointed with him..all the talks about his speed and he merely bowls 135 kph. Nothing really to talk about.

'but he deserved a game after picking 3 wickets in his last Test' :inti

Nothing special. Below decent bowler and we really have no use for him. We need to give sadaf and ehsan and a chance now. Cant utilize him anymore.

Unfair to judge a fast bowler on these kind of batting friendly pitches.. Deserves a fair run.

see i wont call a bowler ordinary on these pitches for no reason because these are totally flat and against a home team with batsmen of the quality of sanga mahela Matthews , its tough. but talha is ordinary because of the sheer lack of control that he has shown. totally wayward and either wide stuff.
and along with this he is trundling in at 129-130 kph . poor stuff. i expected him to be a tear away.

Talha has to work on improving his accuracy. I am not sure if he is bowling to a line he wants to. With his pace, accuracy is paramount.

Not sure if its the weather that is killing him but his pace is really down, no movement no nothing.

Bowling on such a pan cake would demoralise any bowler. I don't blame him for being conservative in his approach. It isn't worth the energy in a drawn test

Hes played one test in PAK on the flattest of wickets.

One test in Sharjah which we all know is probs one of the flattest in world cricket yet bowled well.

And now hes bowling on the worst deadest pitch of all time.

Next game he is bowling at the SSC.

It is really really sad for Talha as he has had tough tough conditions to bowl in.

Let him bowl in bowler friendly conditions before judging him.

Fair enough. But if you watch him for a bit, you can clearly see he cannot maintain accuracy. At his pace, on a dead pitch, he should be just maintain a good off stump line and length. But unfortunately his line is all over the place.

He will be garbage on a green top as well because he's a trash bowler.

I think he is quite nippy, but on this awful wicket, smarter to conserve energy as he will be bowling long spells.

Not sure if he is a test bowler, maybe for odis.

Funny seeing some bitterness about every pakistani player now india are getting whooped. lool

Ehsan was a little raw and rahat needs more time too. Wahab is erratic and irfan doesn't offer long term promise due to injuries. Might as well throw these rookies into the international arena and try them out one at a time. It takes about 10 tests to get into the groove.

this is why in a 2 seam attack you need a guy like Ehsan

you know what you get from him

Line and Length at a decent pace with some swing at the start

Talha should be given some slack here, this is a dead pitch

One test in Sharjah which we all know is probs one of the flattest in world cricket yet bowled well.

It is really really sad for Talha as he has had tough tough conditions to bowl in.

Exactly what I was thinking !

Talha has lacked accuracy, lacked pace and has often been harmless in this test but every now and again he got one past a well set Sangakkara. And despite of all the criticism he's had, his career stats are still better than Rahat "Forever unlucky" Ali without playing any game against Zimbabwe.

I'd give him more chances to impress !

What audacity lol claims to bowl at 145k than trundles in at 130k.

Agree 100%. I rate Talha. Bowls jaffas every now and then and beat one of the world best batsmen on several occassions. Should be persisted with.

Mohammad Talha back in action after a while for Faisalabad in the QEA Trophy. Has took a couple of wickets so far in this match.

Mohammad Talha back in action after a while for Faisalabad in the QEA Trophy. Has took a couple of wickets so far in this match.

he is too oldnow.injuries and not giving him chance on time has ruined his career...time to move on,,he can get a psl contract maximum..

he is too oldnow.injuries and not giving him chance on time has ruined his career...time to move on,,he can get a psl contract maximum..

His speed was over rated, he slowed down and trundled in the 128-133 km/hr region in his second and third spell onwards. First spell speed means nothing.

At one time this lad was one of the fastest bowlers in Pakistan.

Injury and a loss of form and confidence really hindered his progress.

too old? He isn't even 30. He was good in that Asia Cup match against India but then after that match he was not impressive at all.

Biggest cons ever pulled in Pakistan cricket.....

1) Forever 16
2) 7ft 1in
3) I can consistently bowl 145 kph

Am I missing any others ??

too old? He isn't even 30. He was good in that Asia Cup match against India but then after that match he was not impressive at all.
officially he may be 25 but no way he is less than 30..thats sure,,

officially he is 28 which seems believable. Not every single Asian cricketer lies about their age.

i dont think so...... [MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION] will explain it...he didnt look to be 25 when he was with the team,..

Superb all-round performance by Talha for FATA

68 and 54 runs and 6 wickets in total

Superb all-round performance by Talha for FATA

68 and 54 runs and 6 wickets in total

I guess Pak management was too impatient with him and its unfortunate we haven't seen him in PSL as well. He is one of the fastest around. Taking Rohit's wicket by hurrying him up is a rarity and he achieved that.

Back