I stand with Babar Azam

hoshiarpurexpress

First Class Captain
Runs
I know a lot of Pakistan fans are disappointed with the outcome of Asia cup. But it is just a couple of games they lost, including a really close game against SRL. His two main bowlers go injured unfortunately.

But, I will still back him and Pakistan team to reach the semi-finals. Now is not the time to make wholesale changes and put the boys under pressure. This is the time where they need the love and care, and support of there fans the most.

Do not press the panic button, including rumuours of disunity etc. Just back these boys and tell them that there fans back them unconditionally. Hoping for a great CWC event with closely fought games.

Off course would love India to win all the games, but happy that we are hosting some great white ball teams and looking forward to watching some really good cricket.

PCB is obviously not going to replace him before the WC but he needs to step aside after the WC is over especially in the event of a bad tournament

It's not just about losing the game; it's about how we lost it.

When we played against India, it was a complete disaster. The team that couldn't even score 50 runs in one game managed to chase down 252 runs in 42 overs against us, which is just unacceptable. And it's not just Pakistan; Sri Lanka also had 4 key players injured.

Honestly, there's a thin line between being hopeful and being foolish. I'll still support the Pakistan cricket team in the World Cup because I can't imagine life without it. But I can't expect much from a captain who seems scared and players who crumble under pressure in crucial matches.

PCB is obviously not going to replace him before the WC but he needs to step aside after the WC is over especially in the event of a bad tournament
On the other hand, if boys make it to the SF or *gasp* the final then he'll be in the driver's seat until 2027.

It's frustrating to see the lack of depth in our bench strength. Naseem Shah is being replaced by a bowler who's making his debut, and Rauf was replaced by someone who couldn't even secure a spot in the playing 11 during the Emerging Asia Cup. It's hard to have high expectations from this team.

Maybe they should play against teams like Nepal, Netherlands, and Afghanistan to regain their confidence and form. It's disappointing that after all these years, we still don't have suitable replacements for our players. It's baffling to see some of the selections, like Muhammad Haris with a List A average of just 30.

While we should continue to support the team, we shouldn't turn a blind eye to these issues. It's clear that with this current approach, they might not go very far. They simply don't seem to have what it takes.

You know, if this was any other team but Pakistan I would write them off after this disastrous tournament, but we are talking about mercurial Pakistan here. This team has more volatility than the stock market- on its day it can humble the strongest opponent and on other can be humbled even by Ireland or Zimbabwe! If I was a Pakistani, I would just shrug and move ahead- consistency in victory or even failure has never been the team’s forte.

Pakistan should play the Pakistani way, mercurial unorthodox and passionate .
Babar is methodical and orthodox as a batter sticking to rigorous process . This personality can be a bane coming to captaincy . Captaincy is breaking the process being innovative less methodical and more instinctive or brave .

Dhoni or arjuna despite not being the best batters of their generation were both terrific capatains since they entailed taking risks and being innovative..

Great batters don't need to be great captains ala sachin , virat (albeit great test captain and an average LOI captain) .I see babar in the same mold.

PCB can form trio of Rizwan shaheeh and iftikhar as go to think tank for babar during the match. This will work.

Pakistan reaching semis and if they bat first and put 280 plus, they have better odds against any one except India with the match always 50:50

I understand everyone wants to show this “I’m a great supporter” thing.

But when someone is clearly and evidently inept at his job, surely being a “great supporter” is wanting the best for the team long term.

If all supporters just “supported our captain” we’ll be stuck with this ineptitude for years to come

When will Pakistan announce their WC squad or is out already?

I will only stand with Babar Azam if he publicly accepts that he made some errors.

I know we have no choice but to back up him for WC.

One thing PCB should do is to appoint a strong vice captain in Imad Wasim.

Babar needs to learn. He cant do dumb things and then be stubborn about it. This is not his team. This is the nation’s team and he is here to serve us.

I know a lot of Pakistan fans are disappointed with the outcome of Asia cup. But it is just a couple of games they lost, including a really close game against SRL. His two main bowlers go injured unfortunately.

But, I will still back him and Pakistan team to reach the semi-finals. Now is not the time to make wholesale changes and put the boys under pressure. This is the time where they need the love and care, and support of there fans the most.

Do not press the panic button, including rumuours of disunity etc. Just back these boys and tell them that there fans back them unconditionally. Hoping for a great CWC event with closely fought games.

Off course would love India to win all the games, but happy that we are hosting some great white ball teams and looking forward to watching some really good cricket.

You being an India supporter, people will assume you do not mean the best for Pakistan :)

How would you convince them otherwise?

I have been supporting Babar since he took on the captaincy, and I defended all of his decisions until now. However, in this Asia Cup, he seemed lost and lacking in strategy. My final conclusion is that we have wasted three good years training Babar for captaincy. He doesn't seem built to perform under pressure. Perhaps one out of ten times, he can deliver a good performance, like he did against New Zealand in the 2019 World Cup. Other than that, he hasn't shown any consistent good performances in decisive tournament matches.

Under his captaincy, it appears unlikely that we can win any big matches. He appears miserable when his plans go awry, and his overly defensive approach has become predictable to top teams. Even if we manage to take 4-5 wickets early in the game, the big teams are likely to score heavily due to Babar's robotic and defensive strategies in using bowlers and field placements.

Even if we manage to win four out of nine matches, it would be considered a good achievement. After the World Cup, he should be relieved of the captaincy, and someone like Shaheen or Rizwan, who have performed well in the PSL, should be made captain

With emotions, everyone stands with Babar because we want Pakistan to do well.

So, all flaws aside need to support the squad on their World Cup journey.

Big Bobby has to channelise this criticism and failures into aggression in his batting and captaincy.

Go smash of double vs Bharat in World Cup

You being an India supporter, people will assume you do not mean the best for Pakistan :)

How would you convince them otherwise?
well just with some logical points.

Babar has built this team for past 3-4 years now. Now with World Cup just 3 week away, you cannot make wholesale changes.
Also, look at how the games were lost. One match against India, bowling was great and one match it was bad, which can happen.
The game against Sri Lanka, the most potent bowler Naseem, who has really good record against SRL is injured and still the game went till last over and that also, there was a lucky boundary by Asalanka else Pakistan would have won.

Win or lose, All you need is stability for a period of time for team to turn around things. I am playing club cricket right now every sunday and last year we lost 30 games out of 35, but the same group of 15 guys turned up every Sunday for whole season to have fun together, as well as enjoy the game and bond. This year, we now know each other strengths, what positions different players are good at and what phases the bowlers are decent at. This year we have won 25+ games and reached the finals.

Same for Team Pakistan, they know what were the mistakes made and now is not the time to press the panic button. It will not help. You cannot make wholesale changes based on just 2 games.

I hope Pakistan would have an awful campaign in the WC a campaign where they only win against minnows like NED, BAN & AFG so we can finally get rid of this stupid as captain. He had 2-3 years to develop bench strength but this moron preferred to play full strength team vs C/D teams. Only an awful campaign can help Pakistan in longer-term. Sooner we get rid of him is better & I'm not talking about just captaincy it would be much better if we discard him in T20I's as well.

If I was babar, the first thing I'd do is net practise against spin amd develop a mindset that I need to be a better batter. No more of that deliberately slowing down to achieve Mile stone nonsense.

The 2nd thing I'd do is actually rotate my players and rotate bowlers, not do the same bowling formula non sense over and over.

Lastly considering babar is clueless on field setting, just let the bowlers decide in their field placements. I don't see how a bowlers, even an inexperienced one would be worse at fielding then babar is.

Another thing, Babar just needs to suck it up now. He needs to bat no 3 in All formats. No more hogging that t20 slot.

I stand by Babar as batsman and captain for now...but the latter needs a lot of work in terms of on field tactics and field settings.

And people falling out in dressing rooms happen in many teams on many occasions it is now Babar's job to unite them, draw a line under it all and move on.

Definitely not the time to change captain since WC is in two weeks time. In fact it's time to support him and PCB shouldn't even give him some warning or ultimatum for WC. Because that wouldn't change anything overnight.

The problem with PCB must be is whom to appoint captain after Babar, if at all they are thinking about it?
Babar, Rizwan and Afridi are the only regular members. Most of remaining players are either passengers/parchis or still playing to fix their spot in the team.

Afridi? I don't think teams should name fast bowlers as captain because they get injured frequently. Imagine Naseem was captain since last two years and now he is out of WC.
Then you have Rizwan who will eat both reviews in first over of the match. Lol.

Honestly Babar is still the best option Pak has for captaincy.

Misbah-ul-Haq on Babar Azam

"The captain alone wasn't responsible for the 228-eun defeat against India. This is a collective team failure. This happens in cricket. Obviously, we just have to look back. We have to review our performance and strategize what we are going to do in the World Cup. This is not the right attribute to target one person; obviously, your other ten players are also playing, you also have management, and this was the same team that was winning consecutively. Of course, there are mistakes that should be amended,"

Misbah-ul-Haq on Babar Azam

"The captain alone wasn't responsible for the 228-eun defeat against India. This is a collective team failure. This happens in cricket. Obviously, we just have to look back. We have to review our performance and strategize what we are going to do in the World Cup. This is not the right attribute to target one person; obviously, your other ten players are also playing, you also have management, and this was the same team that was winning consecutively. Of course, there are mistakes that should be amended,"
So much insight by Misbah - literally rinse and repeat after every loss

The whole Pakistan is standing behind the captain of the National team but when there is a room for improvement in something or if people think that there is a better option available than someone, people are free to make a suggestion.

I'm not standing behind him as a captain. As a batsmen yes, I stand behind him. My issue is he let ego get to his head on that no 1 rank.

He should realise that he's a talented player and needs to iron out issues against spin rather then viewing himself as a superstar who bullies 2nd string teams but vanishes whenever pakistan actually need him

It's too late in the day to change the captain just before a World Cup.

Let's see how Babar does as skipper at the World Cup and then decide his fate.

A poor World Cup, then he has to be replaced as captain.

I will stand with Babar as a captain when he will act like a bold leader.

The decisions which he made during the Asia Cup have raised concerns about his captaincy as we are approaching to the World Cup.

I would suggest him to leave the captaincy and keep focus only on his batting.

Before pointing the finger at others Babar should have remembered his own performance in the Asia Cup. Unless he wins the WC or at least reaches the semi's he should be relieved of his captaincy duties prior to the Aussie tour. If the captain takes credit for victories then he must take criticism for defeats too.

A bit disappointed with his captaincy and he has not been able to kick into this batting as he would like to.
But Still Pakistanis should back him as a top batsmen and make full use of his potential.

Hopefully he regains form. Even if this WC is done and dusted, look for the future and comeback with better plans.
He has to leave captaincy that is for sure now. Hopefully he is still treated with respect even after the shocking WC so far.

Arrogance led to his downfall. Babar himself is on shaky ground now. The myth of being the world's number one and the best batsman is shattered. His form is declining.

Arrogance led to his downfall. Babar himself is on shaky ground now. The myth of being the world's number one and the best batsman is shattered. His form is declining.
Babar is arrogant?

I don't stand with Babar Azam. He had it coming. He was given carte blanche authority over selection and he alone bears the responsibility. The no 1 ranking was the worst thing to happen to Pakistan cricket as it only caused more delusion and complacency.

I stand with babar azam, after all I made a bobble head doll of him that says "Still no 1?"

Babar is arrogant?

I think complacent is the word the other poster was looking for. Babar isn't arrogant personality-wise (many would say he's too far down the other end of the spectrum) but his stat-padding in bilateral series and subsequent no. 1 ranking made him complacent that he did not need to work on his game anymore.

Babar is arrogant?
Their different types of arrogance. You don't need to be arrogant personality wise to have arrogant actions.

Misbah personality wise is a Chad. But mindset wise he has beyond stubborn views in modern dat white ball cricket and just doesn't listen to anyone.

It's the same with babar, just doesn't listen to people like hafeez who suggested he should take abrar and Babar was like no I back sheddy as my best bowler.

Babar is arrogant?
Yes, as Captain, he held back many players from getting selected, and he even labeled some domestic performers as not good enough to be in the squad. There was clear arrogance in the way he behaved. During Ramiz's tenure, he went on to say in press conferences, "Mujhe koi farq nahi parta." Anyone who dared to question the friendship culture he was promoting was bullied by his paid PR. He thought he had become Imran Khan, but the reality is he was just a good accumulator who couldn't win matches on his own.

Babar azam as a captain is very much like sachin Tendulkar as a captain.
Best player in the team but with a very weak dysfunctional set up.

I do not stand with Babar Azam. I think he’s a perfect example of the adage “power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.”

mediocrity and favoritism might work in Pakistan but not at the world stage.

Babar should himself step down as captain for betterment of himself and Pakistani cricket. He will get same attention from fans and critics when he once again start scoring runs.

he doesn't look like an arrogant fella.. he is just not at the level of best batsmen of our time. He is still a pretty good batsman and probably the best Pakistan has produced in the last couple of decades.

Just watched Babar Azam's presser after the defeat to Afghanistan and man o' man, that was sad. He was left fending for himself with no support from the mgmt or coach. Really feel sorry for him. No Captain deserves to be thrown to the wolves like that. You love him or hate him but as a team you stand together, one for all, all for one, through the triumphs and through the darkest hours.

You can question his ability to lead but remember this is a team game and he can only pull rest of them so far and for so long. The narrative being circulated is as if he alone is responsible for everything that is wrong with Pak cricket. He is being scapegoated for the incompetence of every other player including the coach. He may not have the best strike rate or be the the quickest to get to his 50 but he has been scoring consistently and has provided the foundation for rest of the team to build on and consolidate which they have failed to capitalize on.

How can you hold the captain responsible for poor fielding, dropped catches and pedestrian bowling. Healthy criticism is fine but insulting, demeaning and shaming him shouldn't have happened publically. Even if rest of the team disagreed with his captaincy and had concerns, those should have been addressed privately, not on the field for everyone to see.

A very sorry state of Pak cricket. Have watched squash and field hockey wither and it seems cricket is now on the same trajectory. Not a fan of Babar but I hope this doesn't break him and Pakistan also looses a good batsman along with the captain.

Sarfaraz Ahmed speaking at end of the QeAT final:

"We need to support the Pakistan team. Yes, they have not played good cricket but they can bounce back. They don't need to lose hope and give 100 per cent of the effort without worrying about the result"

“People who are outside must support the team and whatever things one has to say, say it after the tournament ends"

Sarfaraz Ahmed speaking at end of the QeAT final:

"We need to support the Pakistan team. Yes, they have not played good cricket but they can bounce back. They don't need to lose hope and give 100 per cent of the effort without worrying about the result"

“People who are outside must support the team and whatever things one has to say, say it after the tournament ends"
The way Zaka meet him is like he already has made up his mind to sack Babar even if he wins 4 out 4 matches.

You know the saying united we stand, divided we fall?

Babar and friends 11 in a nutshell

I'm with Babar he should remain as skipper. For progression of teams continuity is a must Pakistan cricket has been a victim of chop and change, an honest review is required and from the look of it, is evident lack of quality players is more to blame than captaincy also there is a formula for limited over cricket which all successful teams follow.
☆ means ok, × means waste of space

1.Aggressive Opener Imam ×
2.Moderate Opener Shafiq ☆
3.Rocksolid No.3 Babar ☆
4.Complete Batsman ( pace & Spin) Saud x
5.Proper Batsman & WK Rizwan ×
6.Genuine Allrounder/Seam All-rounder Ifti x
7. Spin All-rounder Nawaz x
8. First change Bowler Rauf x
9.Proper Spinner Usama x
10. Right arm Bowler Hassan x
11. Left arm Bowler SSA ☆

Now if we follow this rule then only 3 players out of 11 somewhat fits the criteria, so how come a team will be successful when you have 8 passengers out of 11.

Pakistan team needs an opening Batsman which score runs at 100/100+ SR average atleast between 35 &40, A proper Batsman who can accelerate in middle overs, a genuine all rounder, a quality spinner and a pair of wicket taking fast bowlers.

From the players sitting out Saim, Naseem and Abrar are reasonable, hopefully Rizwan and Saud will improve so that will be 8 out of 11 who fits the criteria. But the quest for 3 players still linger on!

so much negativity on social media as we have already out of the tournament.

Let the tournament finish than we can analyse their performances but not during the tournament.

To be honest, I feel for him too.

Needs some support and luck.

To be honest, I feel for him too.

Needs some support and luck.

Don’t feel bad, if there was another WC immediately after this one then Babar would’ve still went with the same 15.

It’s Babar’s cricket club, for now.

I felt he captained well today.

Feel sorry for him as luck was not in his favor more often than not today

But blaming him for today’s loss doesn't make sense

His 50 was good today as it set the platform and was an unlucky dismissal too. People complaining about S/R, on one hand wickets are falling while Pak’s lower order failed miserably in the tournament. And its not Babar’s game to play attacking naturally.

Please blame the openers for their miserable starts through out the tournament. In few games, they played the best time for batting and could’nt even get run-a-ball.

Desperately need a wicket, have no slip.

Yet you want to stand with Babar Azam
Its tricky when your bowlers are not bowling to the field.

He set a slip for Rauf and the next ball, he bowled a straighter one instead of 5th stump line offering single. What can he do in this situation?

Wasim Jr was surprisingly very well today. He brought a slip for Miller later but tough chance that one

Rauf is only suitable to threaten tailenders with his pace but not top/middle order batsmen. His wickets of Jansen and Ngidi doesnt forgive his pathetic bowling upfront. Created no chances. Whats the use of pace without bowling proper line and length?

I don't get why people are saying I feel for babar because he's crying, or it isn't his fault or he's trying his best.

Just because someone starts crying, we can't all just bend over backwards for someone. And say leave him alone, he's a softie?

It doesn't matter how hard you try, Babar failed to prepare and plan. And Allah knows how to appropriately punish those who act on a high horse.

Babar threatened to walk out and abandon the team because he didn't listen to the pcb, he did not listen to his senior peers like hafeez who requested abrar and imad one who is a proper spinner and the other who's an allrounder to be drafted In.

He kept backing his boys and today karma struck him on the face cause history repeated himself.

God is doing his work, so we should let him. If anything this is good and positive for Babar. It'll teach him to become a head strong individual and will improve his batting skills down the line.

Sarfraz was booted out, do you see him crying on nadir ali's podcast? He came back with a test 100, and made a comeback, he didnt cry or whine once?

So stop feeling bad for Babar, true fans will stand by him once he becomes Babar the batsmen, and not Babar the selfish dosti yaari captain.

Back to the dark ages.

Sarfraz likely to be made test captain when he doesn't even warrant a place in the eleven.

I had literal tears today, right time to stop watching cricket I guess.

It's not surprising that a pathetic country like ours will lose the best player to come out of our cricketing history - Babar Azam by taking the captaincy away from him and playing with his mental health.

Back to the dark ages.

Sarfraz likely to be made test captain when he doesn't even warrant a place in the eleven.

It's not surprising that a pathetic country like ours will lose the best player to come out of our cricketing history - Babar Azam by taking the captaincy away from him and playing with his mental health.
Good players might not be good captains. Pakistan will come back strong. Fans need to stick now more than ever. But yah can demand more from team.

Back to the dark ages.

Pathetic comment, really. You have no idea about cricket. 🤣 Comments like these is why Pakistan is a failed country and keeps on loosing.

Pathetic comment, really. You have no idea about cricket. 🤣 Comments like these is why Pakistan is a failed country and keeps on loosing.
I know more about cricket than anyone else I know.

From experience, i can tell that people like you would be crying to have Babar back as captain.

Zyada wait nahi karna, t20 WC in just 8 months away. Dekh lena tab

Good players might not be good captains. Pakistan will come back strong. Fans need to stick now more than ever. But yah can demand more from team.
A captain should

1) be a guarantee in the eleven
2) command respect as a player and professional

Babar fulfills both these points

I know more about cricket than anyone else I know.

From experience, i can tell that people like you would be crying to have Babar back as captain.

Zyada wait nahi karna, t20 WC in just 8 months away. Dekh lena tab
I’m not the one supporting Babar. You’re the one crying about Babar the worst captain ever.

Back to the dark ages.

Brother I am sorry you feel this way. But you need to understand my previous posts towards you, were not out of anger or trolling, I needed you to wake up to reality.

Firstly sarfraz won't be made captain for long, he's a placeholder for a new captain to be groomed for 2027. Secondly sarfi as a captain is far superior to babar and you'll see it soon enough, like you saw the whole hope dilemma you had going on.

Secondly, please don't disrespect our cricketing history by saying babar azam is the best in all of history, that wouldn't even be the case if he was stat padding on the ps5.

Lastly, we lost because of babar's selection policies. We had 4 years to groom players and try fresh blood and we didn't. It takes years to build a class team something NZ and India knew how to do. England is struggling because their playing with old horses not realising that these champion players in 2019 are done and dusted because root hasn't played in 4 years, Butler and Stokes are a gone case.

We had fresh blood to groom in tayyab, Saim, Haris, saud etc instead we sent saud and Abdullah undercooked, Fakhar when he's overcooked and burnt, Nawaz who already chocked against India and is nothing, sheddy who's a burnt potato, Imam who is a literal potato, rizwan who's a fraud, shaheen who's not fully fit, Rauf who's at the end of his rope as well and is clearly a t20 bowler, hasan Ali who's pretty much the unwanted baggage you wanna leave at the airport.

Like what did you think was gonna happen? How did the team give you hope? Trust me the way forward is fresh blood, not old blood. Ct 2017 was won because it was filled with psl superstars. Hafeez blossoming at 4, fakhar being prime, babar being the no 3 find, amir having a killer psl season and come back and so on and so forth.

This team is filled with a rotten corpses like England. Trust me you'll be fine, compose yourself my dude and relax. Trust in my comments if you can't trust in your beliefs. 👍🏻👍🏻. Sab theik ho jai ga eventually.

A captain should

1) be a guarantee in the eleven
2) command respect as a player and professional

Babar fulfills both these points
Ahh. You need be tactical and have long term strategy. You need have an eye for talent. You need to bring best out of your resources.

Players can have both the points you mentioned but to win matches you need go beyond that.

Failed as a batsman

Failed as a captain

Failed with all the power and backing that probably no other captain has had in Pakistan cricket history.

Take away the captaincy, get a court order that stops him from leading PCT in the future.

Demote him down to number 4.

Rashid Latif said that the chairman hasnt been returning his calls for the past 2 days.

Add another 2 days to that I guess
And how did the news get to Rashid Latif? Zaka Ashraf and his fellows have made PCB more stinky.

And how did the news get to Rashid Latif? Zaka Ashraf and his fellows have made PCB more stinky.

Which institution has ever been made successful and profitable? The longer his reign the worse PCT will become, mark my words.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to the dark ages.

He is not the best player to come out of ur cricketing history, wont make top 5 right now.
My god Pak fans r giving Shehzad and U akmal vibes again

Back to the dark ages.

I thought IK, Wasim, Javed etc played for Pakistan.

Babar was forced to bowl Nawaz by the KPK gang. Ifti, Rizwan, Shaheen pushed Rizwan to bowl Nawaz. Babar has def lost respect from the team. When Babar through the ball to Waseem and he was cramping Babar told him to hold on and Waseem charged at him, yelling at him. Shocked to see someone like Waseem having a go at the captain. Mickey also mentioned team is not gelling. Clear signs of grouping - seems KPK vs Punjabis.

Back