ICC Champions Trophy, 8th Match, Group A: England v Sri Lanka | Sri Lanka Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
This chase will really destroy Eng mindset because with this world class bowling they were not able to defend almost a 300 total...

Pakistan ... learn from these teams that's how to bat . Makes a mockery of our so called batsman.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hard luck on England, just didnt get enough runs, that was 320+ wicket against that bowling line up!!!

A clinical run chase by Lanka. Well-played Sangakkara 134* (135 balls) and Kulasekara 58*(38)

This is how you pace your innings in a big run chase. keeping wickets in hand and knocking the ball around before late surge esp. by Kulasekara was the key

To be honest Pak simply don't have batsmen of the quality of Sanga or the same batting depth in our side

can't go into a competition (and expect to win) with just two batsmen (Misbah, Jamshed). The rest of Pak batting sucks

Forget 293, if the current Pak batting was asked to chase 200+ 5 times against any of the test playing nations, I reckon they would fail 80% of the time (i.e. win only once). Such pathetic is our batting

A batting masterclass from SL there.

Interesting tactics too, using Kula Shaker in the powerplay. England should be more flexible with their batting order, but with Flower in charge it will never happen.

ICC Champions Trophy, 8th Match, Group A: England v Sri Lanka | Sri Lanka Innin

A batting masterclass from SL there.

Interesting tactics too, using Kula Shaker in the powerplay. England should be more flexible with their batting order, but with Flower in charge it will never happen.

Because its a gamble. Kulasakera will more often than not fail to play such knocks whereas a top 3 of Cook, Bell and Trott pretty much guarantees a solid start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back