ICC World Cup 2023: India (261/3) remain unbeaten as they defeat Bangladesh (256/8) by 7 wickets

Babar might reach 35 by the time he retires given how much he plays 2nd string.

I'll have the problem of telling my future kids why babar is not the greatest pakistani batsmen of all time 😂😂, because statistically on paper he will be lol
Babar is a very unusual case for sure. He has runs but not memorable innings that you remember or that people talk about. Part of it is the Misbah era which patronized tuk tuk and was OK with "respectable" defeats. But Babar still has age on his side. And we are not yet done with this WC.

India's report card in this World Cup :-

Batting:

Key performers - Rohit, Kohli , Rahul

Bowling:

Key performers - Bumrah, Jadeja, Kuldeep, Siraj

These 7 are doing great( Siraj can be slightly better). Gill after recovery got his fifty, Pandya was doing fine too but has suffered an injury now, Iyer needs more performances and #8 is a problem as Shardul is weakest link.

Babar might reach 35 by the time he retires given how much he plays 2nd string.

I'll have the problem of telling my future kids why babar is not the greatest pakistani batsmen of all time 😂😂, because statistically on paper he will be lol

He's already looking past it. He won't make 2027 WC InshaAllah better players will be in by then.

Shardul, Shreyas and Siraj are a big worry. Papering over cracks, reaching KO and bottling. I have seen this movie before many times.
Shreyas Siraj are OK. Just a bad game. But Shardul - he's so average.. Shami is no comparison a way better bowler and dare I say a better batsman as well than Shardul..

Shardul, Shreyas and Siraj are a big worry. Papering over cracks, reaching KO and bottling. I have seen this movie before many times.
Shardul is an easy target for batsmen on these pitches. I think it's better to play with Ashwin regardless of the pitch conditions.
Shreyas is a walking wicket if the pitch is not flat.

Miandad 92 was no different lol

i did not talk about tendulkar world cup. I talked about the way he retired. Weird how he confused things, or were you trying to be defensive?

Tendulkar went after that 100 record and kept giving poor performance in every game until i think it was against West Indies he scored the 100 and finally retired. Alot of fans were relieved.

Thus i wonder if Kohli wants to retire in this world cup and not become a burden how Tendulkar had become one.
I assumed we are talking about World Cups. Nobody cares what he did in bilaterals after that.

He was making the Indian team on merit in 2011 not on past reputation like Miandad was .Not sure Kohli can do that in 2027 . The physical decline is already noticeable

This is kind like 2019 WC . Top 3 scoring all runs in league games and come the sf we are 20/3.. Hope one of these league games we are 20/3 batting first or chasing 270+ to see how the middle and lower order performs .. But I think NZ is in for a hammering next game. A minor payback for 2019 sf LOL ! :)

Except that this happened in the very first match of 2023 to us and we survived it.

Uhh I don't think he cares or is jealous lol. I really don't think he gives a kahoot 😂😂.

He wanted his own milestones, I don't think he thought he'd be at the top forever.
Oh, he cares, he definitely cares. His contemporaries like Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman,Sehwag etc. didn't care much about these milestones, but he always cared. As great of a batsman as he was, he was also always very conscious about making & breaking records.
at some point all milestones get broken. Only milestone I never see getting broken are Murli's 8 wickets in one game record, De Villiers 100 of 31 record, Murli's wickets record, Joel garners 18 economy record, Glenn Mcgrath 4/8 record, Malemga 4 wicket hattrick record and Bradman's 99 Average record.

Otherwise given the new ball rule nowadays and how easy it is to score 100's compared to the old era, pretty sure the 100/100 record will be broken. Heck maybe kohli might break it lol. All kohli has to do, is do what babar does, Bully 2nd string teams for the next 4 years 😂😂, its just kohli isn't milestone obsessed and missed like 18 odi's in the span from 2019-2023
There are many records I see remaining unbroken forever :
★ Bradman's average
★ Sachin's total odi runs
★ His total odi matches
★ Murali's total odi wickets
★ His total test wickets
★ His test 5efrs
★ Ponting's total odi wins either as skipper or player
★ His total test wins as player
★Laker's 19 wicket haul
★ Rohit's total international sixes
★ Garner's odi economy
The rest of the records are breakable. Jimmy may break Sachin's test match record, Root may break his total test runs, AB's fastest century will also be broken in this batting friendly era, Rashid Khan may break Vaas's best odi figure against some hopeless minnow.

Kohli was there though. I meant Rohit Gill and Kohli dismissed. We havent seen that yet.. And actually the NZ game should be a perfect trial run for that LOL ! See if we have learnt from that 2019 sf..:)

We will lose to NZ.
It’s as assured as Pakistan getting a phainty from us in world cups.

He's already looking past it. He won't make 2027 WC InshaAllah better players will be in by then.
That's not true.

Babar isn't a bad batsmen per say, and I don't mind him as a no 3 either. Problem isn't babar, problem is the babar, Imam, rizwan trio.

If we only have babar, and everyone else we're upto modern standards we'd appreciate him as much as root or Smith during his golden days.

He's taken too much media hype and has taken too much responsibility to not play his natural game.

When he use to get overshadowed by others like fakhar or hafeez and had their bashing support he use to be a better player scoring 3 100's and scoring well and contributing properly.

He's a class player who's skills are unmatched in pace compared to pakistani players. But captaincy and this media hype shouldn't have ever been a thing. He should have just been our no 3 with a team of solid youngsters who attack built around him.

He's fine, the rest aren't.

Babar is a very unusual case for sure. He has runs but not memorable innings that you remember or that people talk about. Part of it is the Misbah era which patronized tuk tuk and was OK with "respectable" defeats. But Babar still has age on his side. And we are not yet done with this WC.
Babar is a good batsmen, have never acted the guy for batting. But as mickey said he was born to bat in 3 on all formats and he shpuld have stayed thay way.

Media hype and captaincy ruined everything, just have him be a no 3 for Pakistan and give him a team of strikers so they play freely while he gets on with his play style.

End the kohli and no 1 pressure.

We will lose to NZ.

Better lose to NZ in the round robin than the KOs. I get super nervous when India goes into the KOs with its lower middle order not fully tested.

34 year old sharma
Old kohli who looks much older than actual age
Iyer who can't play short ball or quality spin

Pandya who is fragile and weak. Will get injured every other game.

Not that scary to be honest. Right approach and proper attacks can tear into them.
Yup. We all saw that attack last week Saturday. Very scary.

It was all too predictable. Their achilles heel is their batting even with Shakib. He can carry only so much. Others have to gets starts, and convert the starts.

I assumed we are talking about World Cups. Nobody cares what he did in bilaterals after that.

He was making the Indian team on merit in 2011 not on past reputation like Miandad was .Not sure Kohli can do that in 2027 . The physical decline is already noticeable

All i said was tendulkar prolonged his career for a record where he kept under performing and had to try hard to get his record, and something hopefully kohli wont do as he is in form and can play few more years.

But as always you will see every post as if its an insult towards india

Last edited by a moderator:
All i said was tendulkar prolonged his career for a record where he kept under performing and had to try hard to get his record, and something hopefully kohli wont do as he is in form and can play few more years.

But as always you will see every post as if its an insult towards india
And all I'm saying is the right analogy is Kohli playing 2027 World Cup could end up being like Miandad politicking his way into PAK side and making even a serial choker /match loser like Misbah look competent .

Not sure why you are getting so testy to be honest.

34 year old sharma
Old kohli who looks much older than actual age
Iyer who can't play short ball or quality spin

Pandya who is fragile and weak. Will get injured every other game.

Not that scary to be honest. Right approach and proper attacks can tear into them.
Kohli older than his age? Dude, Kohli came through the New Delhi school cricket route and was talked about highly since his teens- no way in the world he could have fudged his birthday and gotten away with it.

Worst outcome from this match for India is Pandya's freak injury.
This.. Not sure how they fix this against NZ if Pandya is not available. Cant have Thakur bowling 10 overs for 100 lol ! Sky in for Pandya and Shami in for Thakur balances it out

India's report card in this World Cup :-

Batting:

Key performers - Rohit, Kohli , Rahul

Bowling:

Key performers - Bumrah, Jadeja, Kuldeep, Siraj

These 7 are doing great( Siraj can be slightly better). Gill after recovery got his fifty, Pandya was doing fine too but has suffered an injury now, Iyer needs more performances and #8 is a problem as Shardul is weakest link.
I don't know what the team and captain are seeing in Thakur.

My criteria for all an alrounder is - He should either be good enough to enter the top 6 as a batsman OR he should be good enough to enter the bottom 5 as a bowler. Shardul doesn't make them both.

He isn't even as good as Ashwin on any surface as a batsman or a bowler.

We will lose to NZ.
Dharamshala is a seaming pitch? Not sure why we always seem to be meeting NZ in these seaming comditions

That’s actually not true any more - pacers blew SAF in SAF twice. But yes, without any wrist spinners, finger spinners are more effective on sluggish wickets. Batting is fragile, but never boring - some of the most eye catching stroke makers are there. Main problem is failure to score big or convert starts, otherwise Tamim (both), Liton, Shanto, Shakib, in past Soumya are worth watching when in full flow.
Why is it that Bangladesh never seem to produce any wrist spinners? It's difficult to have a white ball spin attack without one good kind these days with the rule changes. I honestly can't remember a single one since 1999 who played for you.

Dharamshala is a seaming pitch? Not sure why we always seem to be meeting NZ in these seaming comditions
Dharamsala has some more bounce on the surface as compare to other indian pitches,initially ball will swing a bit.

Why is it that Bangladesh never seem to produce any wrist spinners? It's difficult to have a white ball spin attack without one good kind these days with the rule changes. I honestly can't remember a single one since 1999 who played for you.
Their slow low pitches assist their left arm spinners more. It allows them to produce more and more finger spinners. But on surfaces where they need real skill, guile it just doesn't work.

My criteria for all an alrounder is - He should either be good enough to enter the top 6 as a batsman OR he should be good enough to enter the bottom 5 as a bowler. Shardul doesn't make them both.

He isn't even as good as Ashwin on any surface as a batsman or a bowler.

Yes, Ashwin should come in place of Thakur. If next match Hardik is unfit then SKY comes in at 6 and we can even have Shami instead of Thakur at 8.

He isn't even as good as Ashwin on any surface as a batsman or a bow

Rohit
Gill
King
Iyer
Rahul
Sky/ kishan
Jadeja
Kuldeep
Bumrah
Siraj
Shami / Ash ( depending on condition)
Conditions or not, you can't have just two seamers in the team.

India should do away with all these frauds. Iyer, sky pandya etc. Bring guys like jaiswal, pant when he returns, sundar etc. Play that tyagi guy from ipl.
If Pandya is playing for Pakistan, he will be the first player on the team sheet. In India, he's third.

They have four ex captains, yet they chose this jobber! I wonder whose genius brain is making such decisions ; Shakib, Papon or Haturu?
Must be combination of both captain and coach. As that’s how it seems to be working with BD cricket atm. Coach says captain decides who bats where, team manager says both captain and coach decide batting order. One thing for sure, since Haturu has comeback to bd cricket it’s gone bad to worse in batting department.

Commiserations to @MMHS @Nil Dhumrojal @Executioner @Mas-LFC and others.

Hope BD wins at least 3 more matches Hopefully Shakib recovers in time and is back to full match fitness for your next encounter.

Joy Bangla :shakib
Hope they get smashed next three, and lose to Netherlands so Haturu and selectors get sacked. Shakib steps down and new direction and approach with Liton as captain takes place into the future.

Hope they get smashed next three, and lose to Netherlands so Haturu and selectors get sacked. Shakib steps down and new direction and approach with Liton as captain takes place into the future.
Is this reaction because of India defeat ? Bit tough to beat India in India especially without Shakib . But harsh imo

This is harsh IMO. Ind was the fave here by a mile. And Bang put up a good total. They just were beaten by a better team. But yes I think Bang with the player pool they have should be competing with the better teams

And yes I do believe they should move on from Shakib. He is a tremendous player , I will say the best Bang player ever but for the team to move on they should get in youngsters who have no fear of failure and just be aggressive. ODIs are dead anyway , so focus on a good core T20 team

Must be combination of both captain and coach. As that’s how it seems to be working with BD cricket atm. Coach says captain decides who bats where, team manager says both captain and coach decide batting order. One thing for sure, since Haturu has comeback to bd cricket it’s gone bad to worse in batting department.
Haturu is a miserable old man who was a pathetic cricketer in his days & now tries to compensate by simply bullying the weaklings. The reason he keeps coming back to BD is because he knows very well no other country/board will tolerate his nonsense, not even his own. What shocks me is that a man like Papon, who is undoubtedly one of the most influencial men of his country allows Haturu to literally run a dictatorship. If Whatmore & Greenidge were the epitome of positive overseas influence on BD cricket then quite certainly Siddons & Haturu are the opposite, they have had toxic influence. They cultivated the "divide & rule" culture. They are also responsible for some of these massive inflated egos.

Better lose to NZ in the round robin than the KOs. I get super nervous when India goes into the KOs with its lower middle order not fully tested.
Hope we coast this and try some things oit and don't reveal too many plans before a potential KO match.

Is this reaction because of India defeat ? Bit tough to beat India in India especially without Shakib . But harsh imo
Nope.

No reaction. Just the whole batting situation since many series before CWC, in Asia cup, in NZ home series, now in Cwc. Haturu needs to be sacked asap after cwc so do selectors for selecting 5 pacers when they will play 3 pacers at max any one time, no back up opener or middle order batsman in squad.

And yes I do believe they should move on from Shakib. He is a tremendous player , I will say the best Bang player ever but for the team to move on they should get in youngsters who have no fear of failure and just be aggressive. ODIs are dead anyway , so focus on a good core T20 team
I disagree ODI being dead it’s still my fav format, and it’s still rocking well. It gives better balance than T20s. Shakib is 35/36 has plenty more left in the tank, BD don’t have better replacement. Dhoni played till late, Misbah played till mid 40s? Tendulkar, Sanga, etc. However Shakib did say recently he will retire after next champions trophy.

Shakib, Mushy maybe even Mahmudullah being around few more years guiding new captain could be good for BD cricket.

I disagree ODI being dead it’s still my fav format, and it’s still rocking well. It gives better balance than T20s. Shakib is 35/36 has plenty more left in the tank, BD don’t have better replacement. Dhoni played till late, Misbah played till mid 40s? Tendulkar, Sanga, etc. However Shakib did say recently he will retire after next champions trophy.

Shakib, Mushy maybe even Mahmudullah being around few more years guiding new captain could be good for BD cricket.
It's just the future. Interest in ODIs is dying in Ind and Ind drives the game FWIW. Only the WC Odi has cache. The updated odi list that's released for teams from 2023 to 2027 shows that. They only play 10-14 odis per yr. Way more T20s plus ipl lpl bbbl bpl. That's why I also think except ind aus eng - countries should stop playing tests as it's just not feasible financially.

Also dhoni misbah tendulkar miandad played beyond their sell by date. They were not dropped earlier due to their stature.. Ganguly changed it for india when he dropped seniors like Robin singh, ajay jadeja even though they were playing well and got in yuvraj singh , kaif and turned it around.. have seen bpl occasionally and for sure there is some good young talent there. Just needs to be nurtured properly

And all I'm saying is the right analogy is Kohli playing 2027 World Cup could end up being like Miandad politicking his way into PAK side and making even a serial choker /match loser like Misbah look competent .

Not sure why you are getting so testy to be honest.
What does miandad or misbah have to do with this?

You folks get soo defensive easily. You are ready to take insult about each and every thing.

Anyways, lets hope kohli doesnt become a joke like tendu by the end of his career. I still laugh about how tendu became so desperate for that 100 and lived up to his name of playing for records rather than team

What does miandad or misbah have to do with this?

You folks get soo defensive easily. You are ready to take insult about each and every thing.

Anyways, lets hope kohli doesnt become a joke like tendu by the end of his career. I still laugh about how tendu became so desperate for that 100 and lived up to his name of playing for records rather than team
Still scored 86 in the semis at Mohali and gave us enough to defend. Nobody cares that he played on for 1 more year. Especially when his last 50 was also scored in a 338 chase which the much vaunted dodgy action attack of :moha :ajmal2 :wahab :gul could not defend.

Still scored 86 in the semis at Mohali and gave us enough to defend. Nobody cares that he played on for 1 more year. Especially when his last 50 was also scored in a 338 chase which the much vaunted dodgy action attack of :moha :ajmal2 :wahab :gul could not defend.
But desperately played for a 100 for an year just for a record.

I remember a gery funny video was made here about it

But desperately played for a 100 for an year just for a record.

I remember a gery funny video was made here about it
Lol I don't get why you are bleating about it so much. He played for 1 year and he's the GOAT ODI opener for us.

Misbah played for 6 years chasing 1 century which he could never achieve and he was a mediocre minnow level white ball batsman to begin with.

India looking really determined and hungry to win the WC this time. Their preparations are spot on.

Also dhoni misbah tendulkar miandad played beyond their sell by date. They were not dropped earlier due to their stature.. Ganguly changed it for india when he dropped seniors like Robin singh, ajay jadeja even though they were playing well and got in yuvraj singh , kaif and turned it around.. have seen bpl occasionally and for sure there is some good young talent there. Just needs to be nurtured properly
the point is the players you mentioned played past their sell by date played so long despite their country having great quality choices of players to choose from where as in BD case there’s no replacement for Shakib, yet. Shakib is still performing and is key to future icc events. BD has not got good depth to choose from. Many have been tried and tested, some players are just not meant for highest level of the game, many dominate domestic but fail in international level. Until BD has decent pitches, produces better depth then they can replace players earlier and keep moving on better.

Liton would be another shakib,may be worse as captain. Miraz would be the best.

Back