ICC World Cup 2023: New Zealand (288/6) deliver a 149-run thrashing to Afghanistan (139) in Match 16

If i remember right this analysis was done by Bishop before. And also Damien fleming too i think. The release point of Naveen and Bumrah are farther than any other bowlers. Bumrah has higher speed. 135 k from Bumrah will appear quicker than 135k from Cummins or Shaheen.
wonder why naveen is a fair bit slower than bumrah. i feel like his technique is poor.

Should had bowled azmatullah some more overs when the guys were not attacking

Slow but steady partnership which is set perfect platform for great finish .

They are always very calculative. Since the days of opening with Deepak patel and sending Greatbatch to open. They set the trend of being strategical. Stephen Fleming improved the side strategically. Kane williamson has perfected it. Others are doing the same job. It is like how Border's legacy passing on to guys like Taylor, Waugh, ponting, Clarke.. all good. Endless suplly of good captains.

Even without Williamson this nz looking very strong and balanced. And they play spin better than most Asian teams

Simon Doull and Watson are impressed with the pitch. Yes this is not a 300 pitch. Good old days of 270 pitch. They ain't chasing against Boult under lights also Henry.

One thing is sure. Pakistan wo n't get this pitch. They alternate between matches. Oh lord Mujeeb lazy guy dropped a sitter

how can u play leagues all around and drop sitter like these.

Simon Doull and Watson are impressed with the pitch. Yes this is not a 300 pitch. Good old days of 270 pitch. They ain't chasing against Boult under lights also Henry.
Makes their decision bowl even more baffling. Hope afg learn their mistake from this. I see a big afg collapse coming up..

Lol shocking catching I hope they will drop as many catches against pakistan too

Mujeeb and the captain drop sitters off Rashid's bowling
Ian Smith "Afghanistan are making Australia look good in the field." hahah

1697629515269.png

Noor was a hit last IPL. Poor guy would play for any other SENA country. He is sitting out. They have such a talented group of spinners

Hashmatullah is a better captain than Babar
Straight away changed field after 2 6ixes
Babar would never think to do that

260-270 I recon Afghanistan should chase it
No offense but there is no way Afg is chasing 270 here. Even chasing 240 will be a big stretch for them. They messed it up at the toss and it's biting them now

Santner has 10 bankable overs. Then there is Boult with new ball and old ball these days. Henry with new ball. Some 20 plus overs bankable.

If Afghanistan is smart they should target their 4th and 5th bowler. But not sure they will be that tactical.

Mujeeb and the captain drop sitters off Rashid's bowling
Ian Smith "Afghanistan are making Australia look good in the field." hahah

View attachment 137826
dont worry aus will give nz a hiding as per usual. whipping boys of aus.
we all seem to have one or several bogey teams.

for SA it can be anyone in a pressure game or nedtherlands. we have their number too.

for nz its us and aus

for india its nz
for aus its india

for england its pakistan and aus to an extent. they did beat aus in a ko last time.

A captains knock from Latham, who came in when NZ were reeling. Now he's set themselves up for a commanding total

1697630630621.png

dont worry aus will give nz a hiding as per usual. whipping boys of aus.
we all seem to have one or several bogey teams.

for SA it can be anyone in a pressure game or nedtherlands. we have their number too.

for nz its us and aus

for india its nz
for aus its india

for england its pakistan and aus to an extent. they did beat aus in a ko last time.

India takes their foot of the gas whenever they played NZ. Especially Kohli is overly friendly with long term buddy Kane. He showed aggression only towards Aussies. Rohit has won 4 out of 5 games against nZ as captain.

Done and dusted. NZ was clever in taking it deep instead of targeting 300. Now they can even get there.

I don't think Afghans care about this aspect at all. They run alright. But catching especially that Mujeeb dude anywhere i see he drops catches

Ain't no way Afghanistan are winning this match great fightback by nz there semis position secured for sure

Poor from Azmat. What is that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Win the toss and Lose the match world cup. Most of them are like that misjudging the pitch. Even experienced sides

what places are hotter? vizag i am told is hot
Many Many . Chennai rarely touches 40deg C , but humidity is a problem for new folks . Places like Delhi , Ahmedabad regularly touch 45 deg

Today it is 30 deg C with some breeze , so it is not too bad

Really poor fielding by Afghanistan

They could have had them below 220

No Williamson no problem for nz. Nz will give proper phainty to Afghanistan today expect them to lose by 100 or more runs

Back