ICC World Cup 2023: Pakistan v Afghanistan | Match 22 | Chennai | 23 October | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have criticised some of our decision making in this WC but always believe you should give credit where its due.

Great call promoting Shadab ahead of Ifti allowing Ifti to face more pace at the end. These are precious runs and won't be easy to chase on this slow track.

ab
Useless is a bit harsh, but he's a pace basher, against spin he waits for the bowler to make a mistake, he ain't a natural.

Chacha is the only player I like in Pakistan atm cause he isn't spineless and is the only one who actually plays according to modern standards.

Our entire top order is spineless, I'm hoping said comes good, cause atm I'm losing hope.

Abdullah, Imam, Babar, Rizzu

^^ 1990 wra spineless bats. I wish fakhar was in form l
abdullah isnt a slow player, as an opener he plays very good cricket.

Don't want to be negative in the face of a positive performance but I can't help but feel that this is our level.

That said, we did negotiate some tricky spin first up.

Afghanistan scored 280 something against England and even won that game. Not good on the part of Pak fans to keep saying 270 is enough. Never underestimate your opposition.

Have criticised some of our decision making in this WC but always believe you should give credit where its due.

Great call promoting Shadab ahead of Ifti allowing Ifti to face more pace at the end. These are precious runs and won't be easy to chase on this slow track.
Yeah I was skeptical of the Shadab promotion as well but ended up being the right move

Afg pacers are useless. They should have used 2 more overs of Mujeeb. Pak on course for 280. No way Afg is gonna even get close..

Yeah, but he needs to turn up against the big teams and not minnow bash only.
bro, there are other players aswell. WHy arnt they performing?

Tired of this argument that just because the player you hate performs, you invoke the minnow point.

The afg spinners are better than any big team, and yet ifti scored.

bro, there are other players aswell. WHy arnt they performing?

Tired of this argument that just because the player you hate performs, you invoke the minnow point.

The afg spinners are better than any big team, and yet ifti scored.
We would have scored against india if we got to last 40 overs.

ab

abdullah isnt a slow player, as an opener he plays very good cricket.
We'll see, he hasn't had much games under his belt.

But as an opener, so far he's another accumulator. A superior accumulator to imam, but he isn't the type to attack the opposition. Another comfort zone player.

In our squad only chacha and fakhar are the ones who aren't in the comfort zone, they try to innovate, attack and play selflessly.

Saud I'm not sure, but saud also seems to play for the team and not milestones however he's more of a busy at the crease type of player, not an attacker, but he's also modern.

The top 4 is 1990 era spinless. Their all nokia's in a world full of Samsung.

A bit “hyper intention” in that small window when PAK lost 3 wickets within like 35-40 runs cost PAK at least 20 here…. Otherwise, at 100/1 after 20 with two set batsmen in, playing a very monotonous, old school, 80s model of cricket should have tripled that score.

I swear he was your guy not too long ago? I think I remember you defending his inclusion in the side when people were calling for him to be dropped, citing age?
Any time any Pakistan player players good, he turns against them, he’s a full time hater 😂

Best, now chacha gets the last over to play, plz smack atleast 3 sixes

Whats the point of playing 4 spinners, only to allow the oppsition to scroe 275+ by having your two pacers bowling the last 7 overs. Poor captaincy, should had bowled Rehmat Shah a few and compelte mujeebs 10

Have to say shadab also played really well he came at an important time hopefully he can take confidence out of this

Whats the point of playing 4 spinners, only to allow the oppsition to scroe 275+ by having your two pacers bowling the last 7 overs. Poor captaincy, should had bowled Rehmat Shah a few and compelte mujeebs 10
Yeah what did they bring pace on so late, I truly do not understand. The spin was hard to hit big shots off of

Ifti and fakhar are the only batsmen who play according to modern standards. And maybe saud( Unsure as of yet)

We need tayyab tahir and saim ayub badly lol

Chacha done more in 26 balls than Captain in his innings.... given impetus and momentum to PCT.

Well played Ifti chacha (though i might be old enough to be your chacha :ROFLMAO: )

really..... how much did they score in previous matches?
140is - that’s chasing. Most PAK fans here are British based, their understanding of cricket in Asia is very English as well - like the Poms putting Afghans into bat on a Delhi burnt road, under scorching sun, with 5 pacer attack, then tried to slog their way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back