ICC World Cup 2023: Pakistan v South Africa | Match 26 | Chennai | 27 October | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Pakistan win is good for the WC else the 4 spots for the SFs will be more or less sealed all the matches will be nothing but dead rubbers.

Damn. I spoke to soon and jinxed it.

Hadn't said anything for half an hour and this partnership developed. Speak and boom, out.

South Africa have never beaten Pakistan in a 21st century World Cup (be it ODI or T20).

Last time South Africa beat Pakistan in a World Cup was in 1999.

Even that 1999 win was because of a Lance Klusenar special. SA would have lost that match otherwise

Tail enders are in. Nawaz is not an all rounder, he's a bowler who can hit one or two boundaries an innings if he's lucky.

Then against india none of them worked
India has a good middle over attack. SA doesn't have. Most teams don't have. So it will work against msot teams. But it takes a hit in the bowling departmentt which is Pakistan's traditional strength

Afridi should bat ahead Nawaz, not because he is better than him, but he looks to score rather than getting into shell.

I agree.

Saud is absolutely class.

Rizwan is already keeping for 50 overs. I admire his heart but he needs to save his legs.
I wouldn't call him a dasher by any means but there's definitely a sense of security when he's at the crease.

Rizwan's approach would not only be more suitable but probably more effective at this stage of the innings.

This is not a KO game - I believe SAF can chase up to 320 here. No Hasan either today, however Nawaz should trouble them.

SAF plays KO games with too much caution - extremely process oriented and they try to work n a perfect game. Whenever it goes a little out of norm, they start to panic. It’s not only when they are chasing, even when batting first. Long back, Hero Cup (94?), WIN already made the final, it was a KO between Ind-SAF …. And SAF got India 4/5 down in no time - then Azhar started to counter attack …. SAF’s discipline was shattered, dropped soft catches, missed run outs …. Finally it ended with Tendulkar defending 3 runs in last over with 4/5 wickets at hand.

I don’t see that today, but for tournament’s sake - PAK need to win today.

Anything under 300 is below par on this surface. There is nothing in it for bowlers. 4 out of 6 wickets came from short ball ineptitude of batsmen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back