ICC World Cup 2023: Pakistan v South Africa | Match 26 | Chennai | 27 October | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the good and bad parts so far.

Bad: Of five games, this is the third time in this WC that Pakistan was unable to force the tempo and gotten to only around 150ish in the 30 over mark.

The good: unlike the previous two innings mentioned above, this current duo Shadab and Saud are forcing the pace at this stage and if they can hang around for a while, Pakistan looks like it will do well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saud Shakeel being protected from genuine pace.
He is a better all round player , he can play pace and spin better than Ifthikhar and Rizwan...
These two block his way with their seniority clout + friends with Captain which is a big mountain for Saud to pass through

With naseem in do you think it would have made a difference?

Take rabada out of SA they are still good.

Take bumrah out india are still good.

Australia though are not good without hazlewood
I dont think it would have mattered. India scored 350+ in Colombo last month even with Naseem bolwers 9.3 overs. His replacement Hasan hasn't done a bad job either. Its Shaheen and rauf that are not performing to their potential. On second thoughts Rauf is performing to his potential as he was never a ODI bowler.

I think shadab is backed mainly for this. Few runs down the order when there is a collapse. Compromised pick.

I used to ride at 100 kph in the bike along the beach road. Beautiful to ride. Nowadays too much traffic.

I
Hope leads to despair 👨🏻‍🦯
It's not his fault a hoax was built around Babar that duped everyone if you remember Mitchell Marsh said : We are going to play Paksitan in Wc final and everyone rating pakistan 2nd-3rd most favourite including me ,

Even I used to think they will win Asia cup 🤣 Seriously yar I have never been fooled at that large scale level not only me a many , Almost all pakistani aswell ,so it's not his fault But he should have know it after Asia cup that they aren't at that level and hadn't such expectations.

Shadab has to move no 6, much better than many joker batsmen in Pakistan cricket. He has no future being a leg spinner(part time)

Babar again losing his focus and intensity after reaching a small milestone of 50 runs. This is what happens when you're too busy in your comfort zone stat padding inferior bowlers in bilaterals. You don't need to show much application when you're given bad balls on a plate each over. What you should be doing in these matches is use these opportunities to learn how to bat in higher gears in order to achieve quick fire hundreds. He should be aiming to score 100 off 70 to 80 balls consistently against second/third string bowling attacks. You're not going to improve as a batsman if you continue to score run a ball hundreds on easy batting wickets.

Completely agree. He is a good presenter/moderator but useless as an analyst/commentator. Simply fills space with Captain Obvious comments.
There is a parody twitter account which is perfect satire of his actual nonsense posts.
lol....am going t check for the parody account...should be hilarious

We saw that against Srilanka as well. Even Rajitha was thrashing them. Their strength is their batting. if you neutralize them you are in it.
Only Australia have the mentality to challenge India and also Zampa's excellent record against India.

Next match get Haris in place of Imam.
If success rate is going to be once in 5 matches might as well have those runs scored at quicker pace.

Looking at the shot played by Shadab, it's safe to say this pitch is flat. Babar should be kicking himself for not playing a fluent innings on this pitch.

Next match get Haris in place of Imam.
If success rate is going to be once in 5 matches might as well have those runs scored at quicker pace.
ABRAR, HARIS and ZAMAN ARE IN RESERVES, CAN'T BE ADDED TO THE TEAM UNLESS THERE IS ICC APPROVED INJURY. Writing it zillionth times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back