ICC World Cup 2023: Pakistan v South Africa | Match 26 | Chennai | 27 October | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan batted really well against SL and even against Australia when batting second. All games where they batted first, they have been atrocious. Why would you bat first when it's clearly not your best suit. Pakistan's bowling is toothless. They would not be able to defend 350 even. Strange decision to bat first.

Sometimes, the people around you or your close supporters can be detrimental to your success. I believe that his close friends on the team have had a negative impact on him by excessively hyping him in the media and instilling the idea that he is an invincible lone warrior in Pakistan's batting lineup with no weaknesses
If they don't hype Babar, how will they play?

Pakistan missed a trick here by not picking Fakhar. He tormented Shamsi in that 196 knock in SA.
Fakhar is injured with knee injury hence unavailable for selection. He played LPL and Afghanistan series with that injujry instead of getting it treated. How come his injury went under the radar and he was picked for WC is a mystery. Did Babar know this and still selected him? If yes taht reflects how strong liking and disliking is in this team. Same with Naseem he was injured a few months back yet he played every series and got busted on the eve of the WC. Player management is a joke over here.

I wanted us to lift the World Cup in India. This wish was more important to me than any other personal wish I have for myself

Literally prayed so much that we go to India for the World Cup when our sifarshi Chairmans threatened boycott for their false bravado

I cant believe it's coming to an end. Deep depression si feeling hoo rahi hai

Don't think Shafique is an enforcer. He is a proper guy who can anchor. He need someone at the other end go belligerent.

Surely that’s dissent by Shadab questioning the umpire’s first call?

Pakistan intent was okay today. They just don't have the skills or are not used to playing aggressive cricket.

If they keep on playing like this, they will definitely improve.
Problem is execution of that intent
Chacha's territory the last 10, not a great idea to promote him
That promotion also meant both batsmen at the crease had spin weaknesses, strangling the RR

If they don't hype Babar, how will they play?
Thats the thing. Now i came to know why some of these player's parents are in too much friendship with Babar. I have seen shadab and imam parents mingling too much with babar in order to make sure their sons remain in team.

Sometimes, the people around you or your close supporters can be detrimental to your success. I believe that his close friends on the team have had a negative impact on him by excessively hyping him in the media and instilling the idea that he is an invincible lone warrior in Pakistan's batting lineup with no weaknesses
Agreed! Remember how he was having failures after failures in Tests but he kept on working hard and eventually started scoring runs even in SENA.

280-290 is easily possible if you look at how SA has bowled to the last 4-5 wickets. They give plenty of runs.

Consideing Pakistan haven't reached half of that while losing 5 top order batsmen, I'd say that's a highly optimistic view.

Best bowling attacks in this worldcup.
1. New Zealand
2. india
3. Australia
4 . Africa

Pakistan played well tougher Australian attack, African attack' isn't that good.

Lol,
How smoothly and smartly Shadab is included back in the team. First in place of Nawaz and now for Usama and Abrar.

All the criticism faded away by benching him for one match only.

Pakistan team is so mediocre that they can't look past these mediocre players. They have no choice but to select him

Babar needs to learn from Kohli how to take the team till 40th over and then move on to beast mode. These 50s are useful for stats but dont win you matches. This 50 may also help him consolidate his position in ICC rankings but does it help Pakistan is a question he needs to ask himself.

Problem is execution of that intent
Chacha's territory the last 10, not a great idea to promote him
That promotion also meant both batsmen at the crease had spin weaknesses, strangling the RR
Yes! But you can only learn to execute it properly when you're playing with the same intent game after game. It is a good start but I'm afraid it was not the right time.

Comes to crease

Create pressure on rizwan and iftikhar

Waste 3 free hits

Play with 75 strike rate against a team who score 400 for fun

Score a 50 to maintain no. 1 position

Leaves when the team required to up the run rate

Saud is putting his whole energy into ball but still cant score 4 just like fawad alam.

Run rate is good . Pakistan need to build a partnership now .they can score 300 from here

Pakistan should not panic. SA are known to succumb into pressure. Anything over 250 Pakistan will have a real good chance no matter how good SA batting line-up is.

Our bowling is dead garbage, we are never in safe territory
With naseem in do you think it would have made a difference?

Take rabada out of SA they are still good.

Take bumrah out india are still good.

Australia though are not good without hazlewood

Pakistan - 174/5 (33 overs).

I think Pakistan are in a good position to reach 270-280 (can be enough on this pitch).

When Shadab is clearing the boundary so easily, it's scary to think what Klaasen and co will do here.

NGL, this match is actually hella boring. Even the commentators are struggling, there is nothing happening. A few boundaries here and there, but we won't reach 250. Saffers will chase it in like 30 overs. Sorry to ruin the script.

It's also 7AM here, so like, do I go to sleep for an hour or listen to Waqar continuously mess up plurals in the English language?

I wanted us to lift the World Cup in India. This wish was more important to me than any other personal wish I have for myself

Literally prayed so much that we go to India for the World Cup when our sifarshi Chairmans threatened boycott for their false bravado

I cant believe it's coming to an end. Deep depression si feeling hoo rahi hai
Hope leads to despair 👨🏻‍🦯

This is extremely good batting pitch. We will never be comfortable if we made less than 300. It all depends on luck and mood of SAF that how they want to go at our bowling

Another Shoaib Malik is in the making. These fluke batting performances should not save this mediocre bowler's career. :shadab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back