ICC World Cup 2023: Pakistan v South Africa | Match 26 | Chennai | 27 October | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limping to 220... the best thing about this is that some sort of change will need to happen when we go home.

This SA team could only be challenged by 350+ score. We will be lucky to pass 200 today

There is spike, but ball seems to be away from glove. They should have checked another angle.

Where else will such a slight spike come from. Ball was close to both bat and glove. If they would have had top spidey cam angle it would have ben clearer but perhaps that camera wasnt there.

Cant take away a review after a clear spike

I'm surprised no body on commentary is picking up on this massive goof up by 3rd umpire. Decisions like these impact the match.
Commies have been trolling Pak right from the game 1, even against SL where they were playing so well.

What test playerd lol. Our bowlers cant bowl 20 overs a day without having heart issues.
They are t20 players read the whole post.By test players i meant imam and saud although imam is a crap test player also

I'm surprised no body on commentary is picking up on this massive goof up by 3rd umpire. Decisions like these impact the match.

There was a noise. That is why they even went up. Either it was going to be leg or glove. Babar didn't exactly look "disappointed". He just walked away without any shock expression. He knew he feathered it

Where else will such a slight spike come from. Ball was close to both bat and glove. If they would have had top spidey cam angle it would have ben clearer but perhaps that camera wasnt there.

Cant take away a review after a clear spike
But if you have seen the first picture, it clearly indicates the ball was well away from thumb.

It’s been a genuinely confused innings.

The stupidity surrounding strike rates has caused them all to be unsure of how to play.

Pakistans toxic fanbase who know nothing about cricket have contributed to this.

If this was quinton instead of Babar we'd be jumping for joy lol
I'm not a hypocrite. Just stating the obvious here. There will be a screenshot of the "spike" as I'm sure someone will open up a thread on it. You can see it there and elsewhere too that the glove was not close to ball.

This isn't meant to be for us this year. An average XI cultivated and ultimately they have been exposed at the big stage.

Babar is completely exposed in this WC. He just cant play in pressure. Out of pressure offcourse he can hit tons after tons. He is just a good player like yousuf, inzi etc but not a worldclass batter like kohli, rohit

When team is under the woods, the captain comes and shows his intent.

Brilliant 50 of 65 with an amazing strike rate of 76.92

That is exactly how teams play as cornered tigers.

The captain is a PCB and Pakistani media and social media hype job. The world's best players have put him in his true place this WC ie the useless impactless game awareness lacking cowardly kitten that he is.

Babar should be dropped from the ODI and T20 team and be told very clearly he can only come back if he can prove he can bat at a minimum strike rate of 150 in T20s and 130 in ODIs

I'm not a hypocrite. Just stating the obvious here. There will be a screenshot of the "spike" as I'm sure someone will open up a thread on it. You can see it there and elsewhere too that the glove was not close to ball.
Okay

But if you have seen the first picture, it clearly indicates the ball was well away from thumb.
I saw it two three times, it was very close to the thumb, maybe stump camera would have cleared it if it had a unobstructed view

But once the spike is there, then the ball has to be very clearly away from the gloves.

They are t20 players read the whole post.By test players i meant imam and saud although imam is a crap test player also
Agreed. Imam is mentally tough but skill wise he is very mediocre. You need to excel at both.

Saud yes in tests he would be ok. Our bowlers are not test worthy tbh except shaheen and naseem. Even then those 2 struggle to bowl with intensity for a whole test series.

The issue is that Pakistan just messed up the battin line-up with briging in Iftikhar before Saud. Needed ifitihar in the latter parts of the innings where SA have been poor according to the commies

Something not right here

You can tell with Babar’s facial expressions when he knows he’s nicked one.

He was convinced he didn’t
To be fair, the ball did move when it went to the keepers glovem so it was an edge on bat or glove, or it was an edge on his leg. Either way it would be out

It’s been a genuinely confused innings.

The stupidity surrounding strike rates has caused them all to be unsure of how to play.

Pakistans toxic fanbase who know nothing about cricket have contributed to this.
Yes,

The toxic fan base also stopped Babar and Rizwan opening in T20 for the past 3 years?

Seems like jansen issues are with leftie. Too bad imam is not that good to counter him. Hoping saud does something special.

Now, Pakistan has no choice but to play tuk tuk for a few overs and bundled out for below 250 on this decent batting pitch.

Sending Iftikhar up was a bad choice he is the finisher, can’t rotate strike, play spin well. Don’t change batting line order. Saud looks much more comfortable against spin.

I gotta say this is a poor spell by Shamsi. Not sure why he was not punished by Pakistan. Lot of balls were half way down the pitch

Someone needs to take shamsi to the cleaners, bowling very poor deliveries and getting way too much respect

Babar is completely exposed in this WC. He just cant play in pressure. Out of pressure offcourse he can hit tons after tons. He is just a good player like yousuf, inzi etc but not a worldclass batter like kohli, rohit
I think the captaincy has changed him as a player. I remember when he first came. He used to work on his weaknesses and improve his game. But ever since he has become captain, he has become stubborn and egoistic. I expect him to improve once he has left captaincy.

Pakistan - 151/5 (30 overs).

280 can be a good score considering this is Chennai and South Africa's chasing history.

Ifthikhar Official name has been replaced from Chacha to useless
And he has built his own brand called iftimania just by hitting useless sixes here and there and throwing lame bhai bhai jokes. These players are big trolls and good for nothing.

The captain is a PCB and Pakistani media and social media hype job. The world's best players have put him in his true place this WC ie the useless impactless game awareness lacking cowardly kitten that he is.

Babar should be dropped from the ODI and T20 team and be told very clearly he can only come back if he can prove he can bat at a minimum strike rate of 150 in T20s and 130 in ODIs
If this is the criteria, then whole Pakistan need to stop playing ODI and T20 cricket. Give me one name in Pakistan who plays or has played with SR of 150 in t20's and 130 in ODIs (Minimum 10 Matches played)

Score prediction 255. Well, just get to that at least

Asad Shafiq 2.0

Another limited player who shouldn't be in ODIs. Our obsession with strokeless wonders continues.

Pakistan intent was okay today. They just don't have the skills or are not used to playing aggressive cricket.

If they keep on playing like this, they will definitely improve.

I think the captaincy has changed him as a player. I remember when he first came. He used to work on his weaknesses and improve his game. But ever since he has become captain, he has become stubborn and egoistic. I expect him to improve once he has left captaincy.
Sometimes, the people around you or your close supporters can be detrimental to your success. I believe that his close friends on the team have had a negative impact on him by excessively hyping him in the media and instilling the idea that he is an invincible lone warrior in Pakistan's batting lineup with no weaknesses

280-290 is easily possible if you look at how SA has bowled to the last 4-5 wickets. They give plenty of runs.

Pakistan intent was okay today. They just don't have the skills or are not used to playing aggressive cricket.

If they keep on playing like this, they will definitely improve.
There is no real one day tempo is there with the batting. Singles/twos. I don't think these guys are fit enough to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back