ICC World Cup 2023: Pakistan v South Africa | Match 26 | Chennai | 27 October | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s really so unfortunate that Shadab wasted his career exactly the same way Afridi did. He is a decent bat, good hitter & an excellent fielder, started career with lots of bowling potential as well. Had he developed his leg spin, would have been the mvp of this team and a sure shot to lead pct at least 5/6 icc events.

Sadly, he went to hatch all the golden eggs quickly and ruined his core strength that could have kept him a valuable asset for 15+ years.

Don’t mind though - history will tell that when I was suggesting that he shouldn’t play so many T20 leagues before developing his leg spin, particularly in Australia, UK or SAF …. I was reminded quite unpolishedly that playing BBL is a status - taluntless minnow all-rounders don’t get chance there.

Looking at the shot played by Shadab, it's safe to say this pitch is flat. Babar should be kicking himself for not playing a fluent innings on this pitch.
Babar is under extreme pressure and in self doubt. He needs to resign from captaincy and take some break before they tour to Australia, he will come good.

Why young Pakistani cricketers that get a chance like Usama Mir cant show what they are made of at biggest stage? Many young cricketers would die for opportunities like this. Ours just dnt turn up

There is no way South Africa can chase 300 , they are just a mentally weak side. all you need is two early wickets and they will collapse all the way down

Wonderful recovery from pakistan. These 2 need play responsibly next 5 overs and then go on full on attacking mode to reach 325. Anything over 250 is a fighting total but if its over 300 I dont see SA chasing this. Unless they bowl horribly.

Middle order is play well when there in no pressure

When imam babar and rizwan playout till 40th over pressure on this middle order

Only if Shadab could improve his leggies. Think he wanted to to become 2nd steve smith.

I dont think it would have mattered. India scored 350+ in Colombo last month even with Naseem bolwers 9.3 overs. His replacement Hasan hasn't done a bad job either. Its Shaheen and rauf that are not performing to their potential. On second thoughts Rauf is performing to his potential as he was never a ODI bowler.
That's right.

We are batting good now though. Touchwood.

Chepauk pitch has never looked as good for batting as it has been in the last 2 matches. Yes, there is spin, but batting is not that difficult now. Good job to the curators for producing even contest between bat and ball.

Pakistan still has potential even if it isn’t world beating.

Fakhar
Abdullah
Babar
Rizwan (c)
Saud
Agha
Imad (vc)
Shadab
Shaheen
Naseem
Rauf

We need to overhaul fitness expectations, minimise league appearances and get these guys working hard and resting appropriately between matches.

And this can be a decent side.

Lol.
Iftikhar is the best we've got.
Only SA can defeat SA if pak can score around 250 and fluke a couple of early wickets
no , it was a myth .... Ifthikhar is one of those quota players who can do well in intl cricket but keeps getting selected...
Misbah brought him for a test match in England in 2016 , the way he got out i still rmb.
Thats when Mickey decided straightaway he is not good enough to hold the bat in intl and then he has to wait till end of 2019 for Mickey to leave and Misbah brought him again...
He is an avg 30 player who will not score those 50s and 100s regularly batting in the middle order...

Where was this vs india saud ??

I know indiN attack is potent but if we applied ourselves better, we could have posted 240 atleast. We would still lose but atleast could have made ir respectable.

Good counter-attacking play here. Pleasing to see some fight, honestly exceeded my expectations. Keep going.

no , it was a myth .... Ifthikhar is one of those quota players who can do well in intl cricket but keeps getting selected...
Misbah brought him for a test match in England in 2016 , the way he got out i still rmb.
Thats when Mickey decided straightaway he is not good enough to hold the bat in intl and then he has to wait till end of 2019 for Mickey to leave and Misbah brought him again...
He is an avg 30 player who will not score those 50s and 100s regularly batting in the middle order...
I said Iftikhar is our best spinner not the batsman 😃

showed some jazba today which was sorely lacking in the previous 3 games
IA bowling will gain confidence will back them up

South Africa have never beaten Pakistan in a 21st century World Cup (be it ODI or T20).

Last time South Africa beat Pakistan in a World Cup was in 1999.

I remember watching that game. Klusener went crazy at the end .

1999 WC was one of the best world cups I have seen, apart from the tame final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back