ICL | Chennai versus Lahore | Panchkula | 11/03/2008 (with highlights)

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Indian Cricket League | Chennai versus Lahore | Panchkula | 11/03/2008

Chennai Superstars squad

SG Law, MG Bevan, RP Arnold, HK Badani, V Devendran, J Hariesh, IJ Harvey, R Jesuraj, DT Kumaran, T Kumaran, AC Parore, SV Saravanan, R Sathish, Shabbir Ahmed, J Syed Mohammed, G Vignesh

Lahore Badshahs squad

Inzamam-ul-Haq, Arshad Khan, Azhar Mahmood, Hasan Raza, Humayun Farhat, Imran Farhat, Imran Nazir, Mohammad Sami, Mushtaq Ahmed, Naved-ul-Hasan, Naved Latif, Riaz Afridi, Saqlain Mushtaq, Shahid Nazir, Taufeeq Umar

Come on the Lahoris, play like Badshah's. Match starts in about 75 minutes time.

I'd back this LB team to do well against the next official Pakistan side selected in any form of the game.

BTW has Abdul Razzaq dropped out from the ICL?

Seems like Inzi has lost a little bit of weight and Rana's tummy is just growing and growing. Anyways, very excited to see my heroes, Saqi is there too. Lahore has a very strong side

Even Dean jones said it to Inzi that he looks more fitter.

Last edited:
Muhammad said:
I'd back this LB team to do well against the next official Pakistan side selected in any form of the game.

Not sure, may be he is just unfit.

Muhammad said:

They left Shabbir Ahmed and Abdur Razzaq in their old ICL teams. If Lahore Badshah's had an opening bowling combo of Shabbir and Rana with Razzaq as first change they may end up winning the tourney. Doubt the organisers would want that!

I'm really excited about watching Saqi bowl

lol@the Lahore Badshahs kit. It looks just like an International Pakistani kit!

Azhar is looking really trim, he's lost all that extra weight he had lost time we saw him

Azhar hits the pad again but it was going down leg, only 1 run (wide ball down leg side) conceded in the first over

Rana shares the new ball, he looks like he's aged a lot since we last saw him.

Riaz Afridi doing some good fielding despite looking like the terminator, great diving stop by Imran Farhat.

bollywood.tv are supposed to be showing it but I dont know if its free or if they charge for it

this sounds like a veteran's trourney :) Azhar Mahmood and Rana bowling , Bevan and Harvey batting....

Riaz's bowling action is very suspicious. what do you say guys?

my bad, seems okay in slow motion.

Last edited:
any more streaming links???

nihar one got banned from my laptop! no idea why

Caved12 said:
Riaz's bowling action is very suspicious. what do you say guys?

my bad, seems okay in slow motion.

It used to be but it looks fine now, they've been showing it from every angle and his arm is always straight. He uses a lot of wrist so it looks weird but watch his elbow and u'll see it stays straight.

Last edited:
SameerM said:
any more streaming links???

nihar one got banned from my laptop! no idea why

Remember Sameer, ICL's official website was showing all the matches of their last tournament, there was a link there if you could find it. I browsed the website,but could not find it.

Caved12 said:
Remember Sameer, ICL's official website was showing all the matches of their last tournament, there was a link there if you could find it. I browsed the website,but could not find it.

bollywood.tv is the ICL's official stream the commentators keep advertising it!

cheers.. mine just stops after 41 seconds of 'watch ur stars on icl' crap

Mercenary said:
It used to be but it looks fine now, they've been showing it from every angle and his arm is always straight. He uses a lot of wrist so it looks weird but watch his elbow and u'll see it stays straight.

Very true, noticed that in the slow motion later. seems okay. He is applying additional power from the upper angle and yes the wrist as well, probably that's what created the doubt in my mind.
On a separate note, it is hard to achieve the right line n length with this particular bowling action.

They just showed an advert where some guy walks into a bar and every girl in there is checking him out, I thought it would be a deodorant advert but it wasnt. It was an ad for Lightenex for men!! I'm still laughing over that one!

M Sami badly beats Bevan and then gets hit for 4...sums up his career oh wait...next ball is an outside edge to 3rd man.

Mercenary said:
They just showed an advert where some guy walks into a bar and every girl in there is checking him out, I thought it would be a deodorant advert but it wasnt. It was an ad for Lightenex for men!! I'm still laughing over that one!

welcome to india..we've such a f u c k e d up perpective on some things.. :p

Saqi is definitely a better bowler than any of the current spinners Pakistan has.

saqi still bowling well. he looks better than any of the current pakistani spin bowlers. I dont understand why he has been ignored by PCB in the last 4 to 5 yrs.

Saqi has that technique of pausing right at the time when he delivers the ball. He is good at that. He could have been very useful atleast in one dayers.

The Lahore Badshahs are actually looking like stronger than the Pakistani national team.

phoenix-suns said:
saqi still bowling well. he looks better than any of the current pakistani spin bowlers. I dont understand why he has been ignored by PCB in the last 4 to 5 yrs.

He had no knees to stand on up until about a year ago, before that he was in close contact with Woolmer who said on his Q&A site that Saqi himself had said he wasnt fit enough to make a comeback at that time but that Saqi was in Woolmers plans.

Looks like since Woolmers death, Saqi has dropped off the radar

he is the only spin bowler i have seen who is confortable bowling in the slog overs and still getting wickets without giving away too many runs.

gave up on the bolly streamin.. it just stops for 5 minutes then carrys on for 2 seconds then pauses for another 5!!! useless

Saqi not trying too much just using his experience to control the runs. Anything less than 135 should not even be close to enough

Imran Farhat seems to have become even fatter than before.

Saqlain is still reading the batsmen as well as he was in the past.

I am looking forward to seeing Inzi bat today otherwise I can't remember the las time I actually waited or wanted to see a cricket match :(

Woolmer was one person who really cared for Pakistan cricket and did keep in touch with the Pakistani players...but Pakistanis we are and thankless we shall be!

where are the speedometers for sami? Can you guys see it on your screens?

I can't stand the effin ads!...its been a while since i went to India..it shows :)

squarecut said:
The Lahore Badshahs are actually looking like stronger than the Pakistani national team.

:) not sure but they are fielding better than current pakistani team. as they have added this new team lahore badshaws, now this ICL looks much better than how it was last time. I hardly watched any of those matches when they played last time.. now ground looks much better. now india vs pak kinda matches. i like it.

wat a noob batting/bowling line-up for chennai...Lahore is going to win this easy...

Megadeth said:
Badani attempting some real ugly hoicks..thank god he went into ICL!!!>>>

Yup. But he did well in 50/50 ICL. But those attacks were weak i suppose. All these bowlers have played at the highest level.

Back