ok edit

my bat decisions are down to these:

ss ton matrix
ss ton limited edition 2011
ss ton pro
ss ton torpedo
ss ton ranger
ss viru 309

please experts tell me which bat will be useful and help me the most.

i need a bat thats light in pickup but a big sweet spot with big edges. im not that strong in the arms so the light pickup part is really important. lol thanks guys

and im going to be ordering from onlinestockist

Last edited:
hey guys i currently have a adidas master blaster elite manufactured by sanspareils greenlands. i love the bat and its ping but the bottom of the bat is chipped and its worn out.

im preferring mostly an ss ton but there are so many versions of this bat. i kno many of you in this forum have these bats and can someone recommend me the best version of the ss ton with the best ping and light pickup (as i dont have strong hands) and and mid sweet spot for all round play. thank you guys

Since you did'nt mention any price range. It will difficult to suggest. But SS LE , SS Matrix and of course the beast SS KP come to my mind.Lot of ppers used SS LE and SS matrix they can tell you more.

Since you did'nt mention any price range. It will difficult to suggest. But SS LE , SS Matrix and of course the beast SS KP come to my mind.Lot of ppers used SS LE and SS matrix they can tell you more.

okay thanks very much! but which one has the most meat in the bat?

Last edited:
ok edit

my bat decisions are down to these:

ss ton matrix
ss ton limited edition 2011
ss ton pro
ss ton torpedo
ss ton ranger
ss viru 309

please experts tell me which bat will be useful and help me the most.

i need a bat thats light in pickup but a big sweet spot with big edges. im not that strong in the arms so the light pickup part is really important. lol thanks guys

and im going to be ordering from onlinestockist

My suggestion.... is SS TON Limited Edition... I own one... you cant expect big edges on them... however you can expect amazing pick up and excellent ping.....

it cracked up lil bit at the bottom due to an idiot playing cross bat... otherwise you cant go wrong with it...

you might wanna consider Torpedo as well it is newer version of Ranger...
they come with big edges.....

once you get the bat post pics mate....:D

okay thanks very much! but which one has the most meat in the bat?

I ordered a SS ton ranger recently it has 38 mm edges. But it has lower sweet spot. I don't know about torpedo(smasher_1980 has it).
SS kp power, Ranger and Torpedo are meaty. you might get around 36 - 38 mm. I know couple of other ppers got around 40 mm for a ranger. But you might wait for sometime for 40mm because it is a bit difficult to get them.

I ordered a SS ton ranger recently it has 38 mm edges. But it has lower sweet spot. I don't know about torpedo(smasher_1980 has it).
SS kp power, Ranger and Torpedo are meaty. you might get around 36 - 38 mm. I know couple of other ppers got around 40 mm for a ranger. But you might wait for sometime for 40mm because it is a bit difficult to get them.

but basically the torpedo and the ranger are the same right? just different stickers?

I have a SS Ranger, it has massive edges and the ping is very good too

But I'd buy a SS KP, if i had the budget for it

i have no experience in ss bats so you should listen to the bat which comes with your requirements.

The ranger looks really weak at the bottom lol I don't want want to crack my toe in my first few games

You could do that with any bat if it wasnt knocked in well and you got one on the toe...bats dont have strong toes as they are not pressed as much...and not really exepcted to ping well...u have the rest of the bat for that...

All these SS bats in ur list (except Pro and VS 309 I guess) are top class bats...depends on ur budget really...if u have the money then go for an LE for KP...or for lesser money u can go for Ranger or Torpedo...All these are really meaty bats with awesome middle...I dont think it makes too much of a difference if the edges are 35-36 or > 40 mm edges.

I have a Torpedo and I absolutely love it...very good pick up.

All these SS bats in ur list (except Pro and VS 309 I guess) are top class bats...depends on ur budget really...if u have the money then go for an LE for KP...or for lesser money u can go for Ranger or Torpedo...All these are really meaty bats with awesome middle...I dont think it makes too much of a difference if the edges are 35-36 or > 40 mm edges.

I have a Torpedo and I absolutely love it...very good pick up.

Thanks ur response answered my question really appreciate it

Can i get SS Ton limited edition in light weight somewhere around 2.7 or 2.8 lbs and edges around 35-38 MM ??? I have searched website i'm didn't find it please reply ???

Can i get SS Ton limited edition in light weight somewhere around 2.7 or 2.8 lbs and edges around 35-38 MM ??? I have searched website i'm didn't find it please reply ???

Email onlinestockist and let him know ur specs. I don't think the website has listing as edges and weight.

Hello i'm new here......Thank you for your reply Paulkatich mate....I will send a E-mail to online stockist.com and Which bat is the best in GM series and my budget is around 12,000 Indian rupees please anyone help ?......I'm so much confused between SS.GM,Puma brands.

You are comparing Asian bats with English bat makers. The pressing on English bat are better than Asian bats hence they might last longer. But Asian bats on the other hand are economical. I have used both Asian and English bats. If I have big budget then I would go with English bat but If I have a tight budget I will go for Asian. Its better to get a good grade Asian bat than a lower grade English bat.

I don't want complicate things but I think this is important.In selecting a cricket bat you need to ask your self what kind of player are you (front foot,back foot or versatile). Low sweet spot are good for front foot players(more of driver of the cricket ball). their is also classic sweet spot which suited for versatile players and higher to back foot players.

You are comparing Asian bats with English bat makers. The pressing on English bat are better than Asian bats hence they might last longer. But Asian bats on the other hand are economical. I have used both Asian and English bats. If I have big budget then I would go with English bat but If I have a tight budget I will go for Asian. Its better to get a good grade Asian bat than a lower grade English bat.

I don't want complicate things but I think this is important.In selecting a cricket bat you need to ask your self what kind of player are you (front foot,back foot or versatile). Low sweet spot are good for front foot players(more of driver of the cricket ball). their is also classic sweet spot which suited for versatile players and higher to back foot players.

But i need 9 to 11 grains is that possible if i buy a 2.8 lbs Grade 1 english willow bat but please make sure that the pickup should be light for attacking strokes.......And I play excellent cover drives & pull and Hook shorts....From your opinion where should be the sweetspot of the bat exactly and how many will be the side edges ???.....PLEASE HELP ME TO CHOOSE A BAT

But i need 9 to 11 grains is that possible if i buy a 2.8 lbs Grade 1 english willow bat but please make sure that the pickup should be light for attacking strokes.......And I play excellent cover drives & pull and Hook shorts....From your opinion where should be the sweetspot of the bat exactly and how many will be the side edges ???.....PLEASE HELP ME TO CHOOSE A BAT

you can but probably you have to wait for a while if want to get exact specs. It should be in normal position. I would say 35mm to 38 mm should be enough. If you have a bigger edge you will get more momentum when the ball impacts it. But it might effect the pick a bit. Probably SS LE is a better fit for you. You can also look at ton ranger I don't know sweet spot on that(check it if it has what suits your profile).

for more information see below website on sweet spot (from the best cricket bat maker):

http://www.laverwood.co.nz/batsizing.php

click sweet spot tab

But If you are going for an Asian bat this important knock the cricket bat well. I noticed Asian bats require more knocking than English willow because of the pressing. Knocking is also form of pressing eventual you are compressing the fibers in bat in both the processes. DO careful knocking around the edges.

But If you are going for an Asian bat this important knock the cricket bat well. I noticed Asian bats require more knocking than English willow because of the pressing. Knocking is also form of pressing eventual you are compressing the fibers in bat in both the processes. DO careful knocking around the edges.

Thank you so much for your suggestion bro....will go the near shop in Hyderabad in India and i will check which bat that is SS LE or SS ranger or CA plus 15000 suits my style and also the pick up around 2.7-2.8 lbs... and how it feels in my hand & pickup too!!!!

Thank you so much for your suggestion bro....will go the near shop in Hyderabad in India and i will check which bat that is SS LE or SS ranger or CA plus 15000 suits my style and also the pick up around 2.7-2.8 lbs... and how it feels in my hand & pickup too!!!!

Please post pics after you get a cricket bat.

Do you get CA plus 15000 in Hyderabad, India.... ???? how much is it there ???

alrite.... its pretty hard to find CA bats in India... might also end up finding fake ones...

If you want a lot of meat, good ping, I would suggest a CA 12000 Plus TRD. They are extremely light, however, any bat with a lot of meat and light pickup, the bat has been air dried. Any air dried bat, due to process is left weak, and will at best give you around 400-450 runs. There are other factors to consider, if you use poor quality balls in your league, this will also affect performance. I would have suggested 15000 plus, but from looking at the pics, I think this bat will be more along the lines of a 10000 plus, less concave and a little less meatier. I get mine on 17th May, will put pics up. If you contact CA they will freight you a bat out.

^I contacted CA & asked them whether they can send their products to BD directly....

& they said No......:(

How do I buy from them directly..?

When you say BD, do you mean Bangladesh ? I'm off to play, I am speaking to Tariq from CA later this afternoon, I will ask him. Let's see if we can get you a bat ! No promises but will try. It may come to UK, and then we can ship from here. I don't make profit, so I will tell you price from them, carriage from Pakistan will be free, as my cousin is coming, he will bring, carriage from here you can arrange if you wish. Let me find out first.

^Yes,Bangladesh.....

Not looking to buy right now but definitely will try after 3,4 months.............

@harrym...I'm interested in buying CA 12000 plus trd as you suggested me sir.....What will be the total amount/cost in Indian rupees shipping to my home in Hyderabad in India and the weight should be around 2.7 lbs.....Please reply soon ....

Last edited:
cricket bat

No probs, offer is there if required.

@harrym...I'm interested in buying CA 12000 plus trd as you suggested sir....What will be the total amount/cost in Indian rupees to send to my home in Hyderabad in India ???In which form shall i make the payment ??? reply soon

To my knowledge, the CA 12000 TRD is around 22000 PKR. Im not sure on this, but I will ask. It won't be more. The rupee rate to pound is roughly 145:1 which would work out to about £150 pounds. Here in UK this bat is still around £250-£280. So if you work out £150 approx in Indian rupees ( sorry don't know rate ) you will have price. You can arrange shipping if you like if not I can get quote from DHL/FedEx. I will not charge profit, all I ask for is dua for me (matters not if you're Muslim Hindu, Sikh, Christian prayer is prayer) and when you hit the biggest six of your life, you will at least remember me. Getting the money to me, I guess Western Union or Xpress Money. Please allow me to check if I can get one to UK first. When Bat is in hand, see the pics I send, if you like take it, if not someone else will. I will ring tomorrow, and let you know.

Also, I wouldn't take what is written on side of bat, as weight from CA. 2.7lb bat almost always translates to 2.8lbs. They are super balanced however. Actual 2.7lbs is too light in my opinion, I like to give the ball a good thump through the covers, and most of the shots I play are along the deck.
I've just gone to 2.8lbs, so in reality 2.9lbs. I hope pickup is super light.

To my knowledge, the CA 12000 TRD is around 22000 PKR. Im not sure on this, but I will ask. It won't be more. The rupee rate to pound is roughly 145:1 which would work out to about £150 pounds. Here in UK this bat is still around £250-£280. So if you work out £150 approx in Indian rupees ( sorry don't know rate ) you will have price. You can arrange shipping if you like if not I can get quote from DHL/FedEx. I will not charge profit, all I ask for is dua for me (matters not if you're Muslim Hindu, Sikh, Christian prayer is prayer) and when you hit the biggest six of your life, you will at least remember me. Getting the money to me, I guess Western Union or Xpress Money. Please allow me to check if I can get one to UK first. When Bat is in hand, see the pics I send, if you like take it, if not someone else will. I will ring tomorrow, and let you know.

Alright i'm ready for buying the CA TRD 12000 plus ..... £150 it means Rs.12,930 in Indian rupees . How much for shipping to Hyderabad in India ??? And this bat price is within my Budget ..... post some pics soon can't wait please ....Thanks for the suggestion sir...!!!!!

Alright i'm ready for buying the CA TRD 12000 plus ..... £150 it means Rs.12,930 in Indian rupees . How much for shipping to Hyderabad in India ??? And this bat price is within my Budget ..... post some pics soon can't wait please ....Thanks for the suggestion sir...!!!!!

You might as well go for CA plus 15000....

You might as well go for CA plus 15000....

@Allan bro....CA 15000 plus is expensive it is above my budget ....Armughan the owner of (BATS&MORE) said it would cost me $350 to ship to India.......So that's why i'm planning to buy CA TRD 12000 plus which is @Harrym said 150 british pounds(12,930 rupees) and it is under my budget.

hmmm your call buddy... you might wanna check harry for CA15000 as well...you might get better deal...

My CA 15000 Plus CG 333 has set me back £186. It has been custom made, it is being brought over on 17th May by my cousin. I have also asked for CA 12000 TRD. I will confirm price tomorrow, Pak are four hrs ahead, so when I get up, I should have answer. The other 15000 plus are coming end of May, but have actually all been sold. I have the ones I will use for myself, practice and net bats. These are plain 15000 plus not Chris Gayle edition. If I don't like feel, or weight of one, and someone likes it on here I'm happy to give at cost. Aditya, I have feeling the TRD will come in under £150. I will let you know, let get my hands on it first.

My CA 15000 Plus CG 333 has set me back £186. It has been custom made, it is being brought over on 17th May by my cousin. I have also asked for CA 12000 TRD. I will confirm price tomorrow, Pak are four hrs ahead, so when I get up, I should have answer. The other 15000 plus are coming end of May, but have actually all been sold. I have the ones I will use for myself, practice and net bats. These are plain 15000 plus not Chris Gayle edition. If I don't like feel, or weight of one, and someone likes it on here I'm happy to give at cost. Aditya, I have feeling the TRD will come in under £150. I will let you know, let get my hands on it first.

@Harrym sir...Thanks for your concern...Are u sure it is 186 british pounds for CA 15000 plus normal bat ? What will be the total cost of the bat including the shipping price CA 12000 plus trd to India ? ...Please do enquiry about it.

@Harrym.... Sir,But according to Cricmall.com .....CA plus TRD 12000 shows 215 pounds.....But yours price is 150 pounds...I'm confused what is all about please help ???

@aditya. The CA Plus 15000 normal edition is £155 approx. This is why I feel that the TRD will come in under £150. Cricmall are a business, I'm not. It will cost me nothing for the bat to come from Pakistan as my cousin is returning on 17th May. Carriage to India, is something I had asked you to enquire about from DHL/FedEx. The weight of bat is approx 1.5 kgs. I'm not in it to make profit. It won't consume time from me to send you a bat, You are going to pay for the bat. I gain nothing, lose nothing. You wanted a light pick up, meaty bat. TRD fits bill. If you want CA 15000 normal then order that. The 15000 plus is not as meaty as TRD. I can't play with a over meaty bat, hence why stuck to my CA 10000, went to Kookaburra Kahuna 1000 ( gobar bat, proper ****), and now have gone with CA 15000 CG 333. The bat I'm getting is custom made, and has been specially made to my specs. The could have put any stickers I wanted. It has come fom within CA factory. Anybody who has gone out to Sialkot, including me, they will not let you through their gates. CA make equipment for many other brands, including GM (clothing), Slazenger, (clothing, bats, yes bats !!!). They are ultra secretive, I dare say to stop them getting harrassed by human rights activists for child labour. I had to pull many strings to get that bat. The bat you will get will be from CA. It will be a stock bat. It will not be fake.
It will cost you approx 22000 pak rupees, and shipping cost, which you have to find out. I hope this clarifies. Btw how old are you Aditya. ?

Also bear in mind, £186 for a cricket bat in Pakistan is a phenomenal amount of money. In Sialkot, people of lower castes still sit at the feet of the Landowners. In Pakistan, these people can't afford bats such as these. Now put that in contrast to companies selling these bats for as much £300 on their websites. Why ? How many TRD's or 15000 are companies such as Cricmall going to sell ? 2 maybe three all season. Much of the online stockists do not carry the higher end bats, but have them drop shipped. The images on the net are by and largely the same.

Last edited:
@aditya.
It will cost you approx 22000 pak rupees, and shipping cost, which you have to find out. The cost of the bat is approx £150. This is dependant on Ex Rate. If rate increases you will pay less, if decreases you pay more. The bat will arrive here on 17th May. If and when it does, I will post pics, give first refusal to Aditya.

Last edited:
@HaRRYM Sir....My age is 20 years old and sorry but i have no experience of buying online that's why please tell me the total amount of the CA 12000 TRD plus in Indian rupees including shipping to my home in Hyderabad ??? I will pay money into your account by Western union money transfer & tell me your account number ?? ...Is it alright ?? Please i'm confused about the shipping process of DHL/Fedx so please do me a favour and please anyone please tell me the total amount including Shipping charges from Pakistan to India ??...!!!!!

£150 for a CA 12000 TRD plus means RS.12,976 Indian rupees approx. And it is under my budget.....Please anyone help me on this forum to know the Total amount including the shipping charges from Pakistan to India ?? ......As @Harrym sir said the weight of the bat is 1.50 kgs(2 lb 8 oz) .....please help me in this regard anyone on this forum ???

£150 for a CA 12000 TRD plus means RS.12,976 Indian rupees approx. And it is under my budget.....Please anyone help me on this forum to know the Total amount including the shipping charges from Pakistan to India ?? ......As @Harrym sir said the weight of the bat is 1.50 kgs(2 lb 8 oz) .....please help me in this regard anyone on this forum ???

First of all, RELAX. Zaida jaldbaazi achi nahin hoti. I'm in the UK. The bat will be shipped from here. The reason for this is my cousin will bring the bat from Pakistan, along with my CA 15000 plus. The bat will come on 17th May. I will assess the bat, pick up, feel and weight distribution. I will then post pics, you look at it. If you like it, I will get a quote from UK to Hyderabad, India. I will then contact you and tell you price complete with shipping. If you are happy, we can discuss the cheapest option of getting money to me safe and secure. I will then send out the bat. You hopefully will knock it in, and hit a century, and thank me !!! Btw 1.5 kegs is almost over 3lbs. I think 2.8lbs translates to around 1.27 kgs. I will need to find what the minimum carriage weight is. 17th May is next week Thursday.

First of all, RELAX. Zaida jaldbaazi achi nahin hoti. I'm in the UK. The bat will be shipped from here. The reason for this is my cousin will bring the bat from Pakistan, along with my CA 15000 plus. The bat will come on 17th May. I will assess the bat, pick up, feel and weight distribution. I will then post pics, you look at it. If you like it, I will get a quote from UK to Hyderabad, India. I will then contact you and tell you price complete with shipping. If you are happy, we can discuss the cheapest option of getting money to me safe and secure. I will then send out the bat. You hopefully will knock it in, and hit a century, and thank me !!! Btw 1.5 kegs is almost over 3lbs. I think 2.8lbs translates to around 1.27 kgs. I will need to find what the minimum carriage weight is. 17th May is next week Thursday.

@Harrym sir....No worries take time ......i 'm just recovered from an Hamstring injury.... From last 2 weeks i didn't play cricket and so i'm joining the practice sessions from June 1st That's why i'm in a hurry to buy a new bat & knocking in the bat will take some time and start the cricketing season with scoring lots of runs....So please on 18th May tell me the whole process of price & please post pics of the CA TRD 12000 plus bat.

@ Aditya

I know the panic. Hope you feel better soon. I will guide step by step as best I can.

@harrym sir....it's May 18th Have you got both the bats please upload the pics of CA TRD 12000 plus ?

@adityathakur.... Go for Ca15000 man... I find it more meaty than TRD.... I've got mine... and will post pics once I get home...

@harrym sir....it's May 18th Have you got both the bats please upload the pics of CA TRD 12000 plus ?

The CA 15000 plus is here, sorry Aditya TRD has not arrived. Out of the 15 bats, I got 6. This usual for Pakistan, tell you something, send you something else. I have been promised for next week, lets wait.

Anyhow here are the pics of my 15000 LE. 15 Straight grains, this bat is phenomenal, and to be honest, there is now difference between the profile of this and TRD, only I find the handle to be a little longer than usual short handle bat. It picks up like a dream. I bounced a ball, and this thing pings like a cannon. Knocking in starts tomorrow, debut 26th May 2012, East Lancs V Lowerhouse, Lancashire League. 15 Straight Grains, I have never seen such a fine piece of willow, must admit that.

More pics see this thread :

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?p=4836552&posted=1#post4836552

Attachments

• IMG_0965.jpg
    IMG_0965.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 882
  • IMG_0962.jpg
    IMG_0962.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 644
  • IMG_0959.jpg
    IMG_0959.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 919
  • IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 910
  • IMG_0970.jpg
    IMG_0970.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 638
@allan2377 & Harrym.......Okay as all are suggesting to me CA 15000 limited edition plus From where can i buy online or Any good retailer who ships to India please suggest me one Original Retailer from pakistan ???? How much would cost me for shipping to India ???

@ aditya... I got mine from Armie from batsandmore... shoot him an email or check with Harry may be he can organize one....

@ Aditya. Can you please give me a timeframe, for when you need it. Im going to Pakistan myself, mid June. I will be there for 7 days tops. Im going for Cricket equipment reasons only. I have paid for 15 bats, and received 6. Not Good !!!

@allan2377 & Harrym.......Okay as all are suggesting to me CA 15000 limited edition plus From where can i buy online or Any good retailer who ships to India please suggest me one Original Retailer from pakistan ???? How much would cost me for shipping to India ???

Aditya, I had to pull a lot of strings to get the bat I got. I cant promise this to be honest. I can try.

@allan2377 bro.....Armie told me that it would cost me $340 to send to India for CA plus 15000 limited edition....So @allan2377 Are u also from India ? How much had cost you to buy from Armie (Bats&more) ??? or Are they Genuine retailers based in pakistan ???

The only place to get a CA bat in Pakistan is CA themselves. Trust nobody else, no matter what they tell you. There is an old saying in Sialkot, if you shake the hand of a Sialkoti, check you still have your fingers, when you get your hand back. Speak to CA, see where you get with that.

@allan2377 bro.....Armie told me that it would cost me $340 to send to India for CA plus 15000 limited edition....So @allan2377 Are u also from India ? How much had cost you to buy from Armie (Bats&more) ??? or Are they Genuine retailers based in pakistan ???

Hey Aditya,
It did cost me $430 NZD, I live in New Zealand... Armie is genuine guy... lot of fellow Ppers have bought from him... you can also get it direct from CA, but you will be paying them first before you get to see what you get.... they might be less.. I prefer to see what I get first before I shell out $$$.....
you can also check with Basharat Bhai from Sialkotshop.com... even lotta people have bought from him another genuine guy....

You live in India... for you avoid this hassle get a SS Limited Edition or SS KP Pollard Limited Edition... you cant go wrong with them... best thing is you can pick it up and feel before you buy.... I have a SS ton Limited Edition... trust that bat just goes like a gun...... hope I've helped you the best I can...

The only place to get a CA bat in Pakistan is CA themselves. Trust nobody else, no matter what they tell you. There is an old saying in Sialkot, if you shake the hand of a Sialkoti, check you still have your fingers, when you get your hand back. Speak to CA, see where you get with that.
Brother why you are blaming to all sialkoties due to some wrong people such peoples are every where in the world not only in Sialkot.
CA is also from Sialkot.
If so much bad sialkoties not possible to become second City of Pakistan which is earning big foreign Exchange by export .

@allan2377 ...... Will go to the Sachdev sports shop today and decide.But which is the better bat for attacking big strokes SS limited edition or SS Torpedo & Would i get a lightweight 2.7 or 2.8 lbs is it possible ???

@allan2377 ...... Will go to the Sachdev sports shop today and decide.But which is the better bat for attacking big strokes SS limited edition or SS Torpedo & Would i get a lightweight 2.7 or 2.8 lbs is it possible ???

Get Limited Edition mate... you will get decent edge size like 35mm + and you will get 2.7lbs - 2.8lbs.... look for 9+ grains... it will serve u well...
SS torpedo... no personal experience... however the profile is huge....

Go for the Torpedo!! :)

Brother why you are blaming to all sialkoties due to some wrong people such peoples are every where in the world not only in Sialkot.
CA is also from Sialkot.
If so much bad sialkoties not possible to become second City of Pakistan which is earning big foreign Exchange by export .

That saying is much older than me, but if it has caused you offence, I unreservedly apologise to you.

I can't substantiate your comment on foreign exchange, hence no comment.

CA is from Sialkot, but I know them a little better than you perhaps, I have been dealing with for past 17+ years.

Hi can someone tell me what they think of an SS ton gold edition bat with 10 grains? Grade 1 English willow

Back