Ind v SA (1st ODI); Aus v WI (1st T20s) | 20 Feb 2010 | [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
last 12 balls just showed the importance of fielding. Nayyar stopping that four to two

Absolutely ridiculous.

How long is this taking?

Its been given a 3.

3 to draw.

4 to win.

Anything less is a loss for SA.

Previous delivery was a 4. SA got conned.

The Indian umpires saved the day for India

Wide not give - which any neutral umpire would have given
4 not given - I guess the guy did not want his house burned down

difference in the game

Wide!!

If they loose how badly will SA be wishing the appealed when nehra ws run out but tehy never appealed

Lethal said:
3 to draw.

4 to win.

Anything less is a loss for SA.

Previous delivery was a 4. SA got conned.
But Parnell's on strike. I think they would have taken that!

How much did BCCI pay the umpires today? Must be minimum 1 year's salary.

asifp said:
You mean Indian + Umpire
& Nehras luck.

Cant belive the stump wasnt dislodged by a 136kph ball.

Modi upto his usual antics

invincible said:
But Parnell's on strike. I think they would have taken that!

True.

But wasn't Nehra's last ball a wide.

Boundary would've been vital when it showed Tendulkar touching the rope.

It came down to 1 run.

asifp said:
South Africa chokers

This was nowhere near a choke.

Tailenders almost did the job for SA, but unfortunately came up against 14 men.

So India's 11 players plus three umpires, and tey still "win" by one run! Not too strong I would say.

Indian and Australian umpires have always been patriotic low lifes. Today's "effort" was special nevertheless. The beghairats should be ashamed of themselves.

Not much chance of that though. :(

Last edited:
So the score in this series reads Umpires 1 - 0 South Africa

South Africa played well and will be hoping they can beat the Umpires in the next match to level the series

asifp said:
The Indian umpires saved the day for India

Wide not give - which any neutral umpire would have given
4 not given - I guess the guy did not want his house burned down

difference in the game

You obviously didn't watch the match, Did you? There were two easy decisions went against the Indians at the start of second innings.. Pathetic that you guys can't appreciate a great game of cricket..

The umpiring patriotism issue would have to be solved now. This game has become a farce already. Had India been on the receiving end of an 'effort' like today, the umpires would have been forced to retire.

srg said:
You obviously didn't watch the match, Did you? There were two easy decisions went against the Indians at the start of second innings.. Pathetic that you guys can't appreciate a great game of cricket..
haha,are u for real!what about Nehra run-out !

What I don't understand is why no neutral umpires in ODIs?

At least one of the umpires should be neutral.

phew that was close .. kudos to SA for pulling off the impossible .. almost

Why am i surprised to see Pakistanis getting in line to slam Indian umpiring, even though the decisions that went in our favor were CLEARLY marginal ones, while the ones that went against us were glaring blunders. :))

Congrats to the Indian team though (all 14 of them) ;-)

Unlucky SA, great fightback from Parnell and Steyn.

RexRex said:
phew that was close .. kudos to SA for pulling off the impossible .. almost
Your guys (umpires) were too strong for the Proteas.

rhapsodite said:
Why am i surprised to see Pakistanis getting in line to slam Indian umpiring, even though the decisions that went in our favor were CLEARLY marginal ones, while the ones that went against us were glaring blunders. :))

you mean that was not a boundary? that was not marginal, it was evident that its a four.

Couldnt belive the umpiring or the luck of the Indians.

This was unreal when i saw it live i was left shell shocked:

Langeveldt to Nehra, FOUR, 91.0 mph, whoah, this is unbelievable, a yorker on off, 136kmh, Nehra misses, the ball kisses offstump and races away for four, the bails don't fall, that is bizarre, Langeveldt can't believe it

And this was just...welll....just South Africa:

Steyn to Nehra, no run, 86.7 mph, some comical running here, Nehra pushes the ball to mid-on, Nehra and Praveen both set out, Nehra decides he can't make it so he holds up his hand asking Praveen to go back, Nehra also scampers back, there's a direct hit at the keeper's end, there was no appeal for a run-out but replays show Nehra's bat was only on the line and not across it

One positive coming out of today's game (for India) is that they have found their winning 14 today.

rhapsodite said:

What was so marginal about giving the boundary when Tendulkar was touching the rope. Clear cut boundary.

I appreciate a good game and that it was but don't you thing there was clear bias towards the end.

Gibbs was out off the first ball he faced off Nehra. It was a feather nick, but the umpire didn't give that out.

WithLoveFromCanada said:
you mean that was not a boundary? that was not marginal, it was evident that its a four.

Robin Jackan, the South African commentator, said he wasnt sure. Lance Klusener, the neo sports panel expert, another South African, also said he wasnt sure.

After a 1000 replays, it was obvious that it was quite inconclusive. How in the world do you expect the umpire to over-turn the decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back