Ind vs S.A. | 2nd ODI | Gwalior | 24/02/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billie Jean

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
M.S. Dhoni has won the toss and India will bat first.

India team -
SR Tendulkar, V Sehwag, V Kohli, MS Dhoni*†, SK Raina, YK Pathan, KD Karthik, RA Jadeja, P Kumar, A Nehra, S Sreesanth

South Africa team -
HM Amla, HH Gibbs, JH Kallis*, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, AN Petersen, MV Boucher†, RE van der Merwe, WD Parnell, DW Steyn, CK Langeveldt

Weather in Gwalior - There was some rain a day ago in Gwalior but not today. It's a relatively cool day too and the fans are out in force.

Sohaib-789 said:
Toss, 2.00 pm: Kallis has called heads, it's a tail. Dhoni says India will bat and hope the dew won't be too heavy in the evening while his spinners are bowling.

India are unchanged from the team that edged home in Jaipur. Sehwag's fit and Sreesanth, who took a beating in the first game, keeps his spot. South Africa have made three changes in their bid to level the series - Hashim Amla, JP Duminy and Roelof van der Merwe are in. Loots Bosman, Albie Morkel and Johan Botha are out.

"Toss trivia: This is only the fourth toss India have won in last sixteen matches. And to add to that, this toss win has come after six consecutive losses," says Naresh, explaining the reason behind Dhoni's big grin after the toss.

You just lifted from Cricinfo, guess its better to qoute them rather lift.

It's better for PP

Indieview said:
You just lifted from Cricinfo, guess its better to qoute them rather lift.

It's better for PP
Thanks for pre-empting my post here.

Guys - please include links and sources for any copy+paste jobs - unattributed copies will be deleted.

Duminy split his fingers in the third over and Langeveldt got a bad hit on the face in the previous over. SA without their two main men on the field

Very Ill luck to the proteas

Duminy and Langervelt in hospital right now.

One has a cut above the eye, the other has a split webbing.

Sachin Tendulkar - 46* (32)

Dinesh Karthick - 19* (17)

Last edited:
this is awesome display from indian batters...
amazing they have changed themselves in last few years from a defensive unit to an ultra aggressive one. Even if a wicket falls the run rate doesnt drop.

Or is the indian pitches getting more and more flatter?

^^ Funny how their batting performance and rate of scoring remain the same whereever they play.

Sachin looks like in a super form today. He must be looking at scoring 200 today :)

One of the other reasons for india's dominance is also other teams quality has come down heavily.

for instance this RSA attack here is clueless...

saqlain said:
Sachin looks like in a super form today. He must be looking at scoring 200 today :)
Trying to jinx him........... Dont worry........He 's old now

A very flat pitch, SA should fancy themselves chasing anything around 300 against this Indian attack.

abdul2009 said:
van der Merwe to Tendulkar, 1 run, 150.3 kph

cricindia sucks as usual
Message from Cricinfo - Ignore the speeds next to the ball for the moment, we're sorting the issue. van der Merwe is certainly not bowling at 150kmh!!

Sachin has endured long period without any injury.
Very surprising this... not sure how?

Pitches in India are usually flat. Everyone know this especially the teams who are visiting India. They prepare themselves for these kind of wickets.

abdul2009 said:
Sachin has endured long period without any injury.
Very surprising this... not sure how?

Being a little midget helps I guess

90MPH said:
A very flat pitch, SA should fancy themselves chasing anything around 300 against this Indian attack.
the curator says it's a 300 pitch. that means with our current bowling attack, dew factor etc we need at least 350 to stay on!!

SRT seems to be in sublime touch
Sachin Tendulkar 68 off 52 -- India 111/1 (16.3 ov)

350+ may be too much for SA but anything under 330 they should chased down easy if the pitch stays like it is now.

Tendulkar really has been something today , playing a Shewag like innings effortlessly !

90MPH said:
350+ may be too much for SA but anything under 330 they should chased down easy if the pitch stays like it is now.

what SA can chase down ,we have already seen in the first ODI

90MPH said:

i would trust pakistan to chase it down more than RSA.
they are the worst chokers in chasing.

abdul2009 said:
i would trust pakistan to chase it down more than RSA.
they are the worst chokers in chasing.

they can chase down only against Indian because of ability to raise their game drastically against India...

abdul2009 said:
indian in pakistani clothing.

thats what you are I guess :13:

I think he he has a realistic chance of doing it today. I dont care if it is Ponting, Sachin, KP and Sehwag they all have a chance in my opinion. I want someone to score 200 in my lifetime.

saqlain said:
I think he he has a realistic chance of doing it today. I dont care if it is Ponting, Sachin, KP and Sehwag they all have a chance in my opinion. I want someone to score 200 in my lifetime.

they way cricket is being played now a days, I think that day is not too far....in fact few players got the chance in the past 3-4 years, they couldn't cross it unfortunately...

onlycricket said:
they way cricket is being played now a days, I think that day is not too far....in fact few players got the chance in the past 3-4 years, they couldn't cross it unfortunately...

Not everyone should be making 200 runs. I think players like Sachin, Sehwag, Watson, Gayle, Afridi (if tried as an opener) and Poning all have a realistic chance of breaking 200. Only on their day. I think today is Sachin's chance.

saqlain said:
Not everyone should be making 200 runs. I think players like Sachin, Sehwag, Watson, Gayle, Afridi (if tried as an opener) and Poning all have a realistic chance of breaking 200. Only on their day. I think today is Sachin's chance.

I think, at this age, it might be difficult for Sachin and Ponting to break it....

Afridi doesn't have temprament..and mostly he playes in skies...

May be Sehwag...but age will catch his reflexes in next 2 years....

May be Watson...

onlycricket said:
I think, at this age, it might be difficult for Sachin and Ponting to break it....

Afridi doesn't have temprament..and mostly he playes in skies...

May be Sehwag...but age will catch his reflexes in next 2 years....

May be Watson...

We will find out today :)

In order to score big runs you need luck on your side. He is a lucky guy so far in this match.

Romali_rotti said:
Slowing to get the record ? He had the record for the last 10 odd years DUFUS!!!!!!!!!
I don't wish to speak for anyone else, but I presume he was referring to the record of the highest score in an ODI innings - which has been the subject of frequent other posts today too. Not to some other obscure or not-so-obscure record that you imagine he may have been referring to. The record of the highest score in one ODI innings is not one that Sachin has had for the last ten years.

Anyway, whatever the circumstance, personal abuse is uncalled for.

Is the stumping decision from 3rd umpire genuine or he has altered the decision for sachin to get the ton?
The quality of umpiring this series has been miserable.

They way , this guy is playing in past 3 years reminds me the Sachin of 90s.....93 centuries....he hit so many centuries in past 3 years....realistic chance of completing 100 centuries....he deserves it...

abdul2009...this is what cricinfo is saying...
Duminy to Tendulkar, no run, 85.9 kph, appeal for stumping,. pushed it wide of the off stump, Tendulkar tries to seize on the chance, attempts a drive through the covers, misses and Boucher takes off the bails, he had his foot in the air for just a slight moment but got it down just in time before the bails were taken off, the third umpire says NOT Out and the crowd cheers

ShehryarK said:
I don't wish to speak for anyone else, but I presume he was referring to the record of the highest score in an ODI innings - which has been the subject of frequent other posts today too. Not to some other obscure or not-so-obscure record that you imagine he may have been referring to. The record of the highest score in one ODI innings is not one that Sachin has had for the last ten years.

Anyway, whatever the circumstance, personal abuse is uncalled for.

Ok fine then, I thought King Adbullah was talking about the most ODI tons..

Last edited:
Amen!!!!!!! He is got the ton, all hail the greatest batsmen over the last 30 odd years :D...

Billie Jean.... i meant the amount of runs and tons that he scores that's not normal ;)

^^ I knew, was just pulling your leg. As I say thing, Karthik is out after scoring a brilliant 70 odd runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back