India (137/9 & 4/0) win a super over against Sri Lanka (137/8 & 2/2) by 2 wickets to clean sweep the series 3-0

SKY and Rinku, bowling for the first time in T20Is, shared four wickets between them in the last two overs on a surface that offered big turn and bounce even to part-time spinners.

SKY is a shrewd captain!

Haven't watched a single ball from this series but looks like SL are really low on confidence. They don't believe they can win.

SKY and Rinku, bowling for the first time in T20Is, shared four wickets between them in the last two overs on a surface that offered big turn and bounce even to part-time spinners.

SKY is a shrewd captain!
Very very brave. Mighty impressive

They are playing against mighty world champion.

India has already defended 28 runs in 30 balls at th biggest stages

LOL at mighty.

The team that couldn't win a Test series in England, South Africa, and New Zealand? The team that couldn't win an ICC trophy from 2014 till 2023?

How the heck did SL mess this up ? Super over now.. This is some epic collapse from SL

LOL at mighty.

The team that couldn't win a Test series in England, South Africa, and New Zealand? The team that couldn't win an ICC trophy from 2014 till 2023?
Check the ICC trophy ,we are just behind Australia .

Bangladesh is playing cricket more than 25 year but yet to win a Asia cup forget about any ICC trophy.

Oh wait they are yet to win a Nidhas trophy .:kp

LOL at mighty.

Why are bringing other formats in discussion? What is your point?

WHat is the point of ODI serie with these guys? I think it is all for Srilankan cricket board benefit i think. NOthing else. Why else they would want Rohit, Kohli playing this ODI series. THey will not have any interest in this series.

Did not watch the game but just came here to see whether perennial India-hating Razakkar (a fan of Abdul razzak:razzaq) from BD (now a Canadian) trolling our team with an immature celebration (just like his countrymen Mushfiqur) is being humbled yet again.

I was not wrong :ROFLMAO:

Congrats fellow Indian PPers:thumbsup

Superb captaincy by Suryakumar in his debut series.. He's my player of the tournament..

Washington Sundar again prove that he is there to help his team in any situation.. He deserve man of the match award.

Samson and Khalil needs to go back to domestic.

You were celebrating too early like your idol Mushfiqur Rahim . :misbah

He is trying India to get beat since world cup. First Australia in super 8, then England in semi's and lastly Kiwi's in finals. No one listened to his plea unfortunately. Now even SL is not listening...haha. Basically opposition can be anyone as long as they beat India he is happy just bcoz his 2 beloved teams Pak & BD can never beat us. Pffff... :ROFLMAO:

WHat is the point of ODI serie with these guys? I think it is all for Srilankan cricket board benefit i think. NOthing else. Why else they would want Rohit, Kohli playing this ODI series. THey will not have any interest in this series.
100% agree ..Kohli and Rohit needn't play this odi series. Can give chances to more youngsters

Did not watch the game but just came here to see whether perennial India-hating Razakkar (a fan of Abdul razzak:razzaq) from BD (now a Canadian) trolling our team with an immature celebration (just like his countrymen Mushfiqur) is being humbled yet again.

I was not wrong :ROFLMAO:

Congrats fellow Indian PPers:thumbsup
Who are you talking about?

How many games now has India won from losing position in this year?
Far too many. This is why you need depth and multi skill. Imagine not having two part time spinners. India always goes with 5 bowlers who can't bat and 5 batsmen who can't bowl. With new set up India is trying to bring in multi skilled players.. Team with that structure can win more matches from losing position.

This is where the game should have been sealed. Not sure what Surya was thinking. He just has to walk and remove the bails

GTwWdDPbwAITRje

I can't believe this was a real match. I thought things like this happened only in videogames :facepalm:

This is where the game should have been sealed. Not sure what Surya was thinking. He just has to walk and remove the bails

GTwWdDPbwAITRje

People have to be this way, otherwise you would never realise how much of a genius MS Dhoni was.

The game awareness he had , the IQ , phenomenal it was.

Remember how he ran out Bangladeshi batter by not throwing but sprinting towards the wickets and take them off by his own hands. He didn’t take a chance.

Superb captaincy by Suryakumar in his debut series.. He's my player of the tournament..

Washington Sundar again prove that he is there to help his team in any situation.. He deserve man of the match award.

Samson and Khalil needs to go back to domestic.
Im right again 😂

People have to be this way, otherwise you would never realise how much of a genius MS Dhoni.

The game awareness he had , the IQ , phenomenal it was.

Remember how he ran out Bangladeshi batter by not throwing but sprinting towards the wickets and take them off by his own hands. He didn’t take a chance.

yes. He is the ultimate percentage cricketer. Be it is batting or bowling or captaining.

India defeated Sri Lanka in the Super Over during the inconsequential third and final T20I in Pallekele on Tuesday, completing a 3-0 series sweep. Kusal Perera (46 off 34 balls) and Kusal Mendis (43 off 41 balls) led Sri Lanka's chase of 138 runs. However, their innings collapsed in the closing stages, ending at 137/8 after 20 overs, pushing the match into a Super Over. For India, Washington Sundar, Ravi Bishnoi, Rinku Singh, and skipper Suryakumar Yadav each took two wickets.

In the Super Over, India needed just three runs to secure the win. Earlier in the match, Sri Lankan bowlers put in a disciplined effort to restrict India to a modest 137/9. Spinners Wanindu Hasaranga and Maheesh Theekshana spearheaded the hosts' bowling attack, sharing five wickets between them. Among the Indian batsmen, only Shubman Gill showed some resilience, scoring 39 runs, with Riyan Parag contributing 26 runs.

Yes of course it is for SLC's benefit and quid pro quo for SL touring India - basically also meets the FTP obligation.

Rohit and Kohli have to play every ODI series from now as they don't have anything else in white ball cricket to do. And they are both on unofficially limited contracts in white ball cricket as both aren't expected in normal course to be around for the SA world cup. They are expected to however be part of the upcoming Champions Trophy which is due in just 8 months - and India have got only 6 odd ODIs or so before that.

Washington is ordinary in IPL & domestic cricket, but turns into a giant when he dons the India jersey.
He has to be a regular in all squads including tests. To average over 60 in test cricket despite playing vs Aus and Eng and scoring runs in ultra pressure situations is mark of no ordinary player.

India has to nurture this incredible talent. Just 24 years.

One match is understandable. But to apply anaconda like squeeze 4 matches in a row during death overs in hallmark of a great team.

India are like what Australia used to be 2 decades back. You can't rule them out till the last ball.

SKY turns the match virtually on its head by bringing in Rinku and himself to bowl, converts a 1.6% winning chance into a 50% chance and yet Indian fans find something to fault him. Lol

Apples and oranges. They are two different disciplines. This is a fundamental fielding error.

Check the ICC trophy ,we are jus Australia .

Bangladesh is playing cricket more than 25 year but yet to win a Asia cup forget about any ICC trophy.

Oh wait they are yet to win a Nidhas trophy .:kp
After India stopped the Bangladeshi juggernaut with the help of 3 umpires in 2015 WC, they just lost the will to be competitive in Cricket. Give them a few decades to recover before sounding so harsh.

Luck factor plays a vital role top. Before T20I World Cup win, India were struggling with luck, they would play superb cricket for most part of the tournament and find themselves getting knocked out due to one bad day. This was the case one tournament after another.

Seems the luck has finally arrived now and they would hope this stays around for a while.

Luck factor plays a vital role top. Before T20I World Cup win, India were struggling with luck, they would play superb cricket for most part of the tournament and find themselves getting knocked out due to one bad day. This was the case one tournament after another.

Seems the luck has finally arrived now and they would hope this stays around for a while.
It is not just luck. It is the team structure change. Once you have a flexibile unit where you have lot of batsmen who can bowl and bowlers who can bat it gives you options. You can handle unexpected situations much better with depth. India despite having gun team never had the structure. Always 5 batsmen who could not bowl a single over. 4 bowlers who could not score more than 10 runs.

Back