India (167/6) defeat Zimbabwe (125) by 42 runs in 5th T20I, clinch 5-match T20I series 4-1

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
India secured a 3-1 victory in the five-match T20I series against Zimbabwe on Saturday in Harare. With the series already decided, Sikandar Raza’s team will aim to salvage their pride in the final game and finish on a positive note.

India showcased their dominance in the fourth T20I, excelling in both batting and bowling to outclass Zimbabwe. Shubman's squad will seek to replicate this performance in the final match, even though the outcome of the series is already determined.

Squads:

India
Squad: Yashasvi Jaiswal, Shubman Gill(c), Abhishek Sharma, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Sanju Samson(w), Rinku Singh, Shivam Dube, Washington Sundar, Ravi Bishnoi, Tushar Deshpande, Khaleel Ahmed, Avesh Khan, Mukesh Kumar, Riyan Parag, Dhruv Jurel

Zimbabwe Squad: Wessly Madhevere, Tadiwanashe Marumani, Brian Bennett, Dion Myers, Sikandar Raza(c), Johnathan Campbell, Faraz Akram, Clive Madande(w), Richard Ngarava, Blessing Muzarabani, Tendai Chatara, Luke Jongwe, Wellington Masakadza, Brandon Mavuta, Innocent Kaia, Antum Naqvi

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

I like India to bat first and either of jaiswal or abhishek to score a quick fire century.it will put the Statpadders like Gill gaikwad to the shame and Gill will be forced down .

Samson has come to bat. Good chance for him, lot of overs to bat.

Who is gonna be next big superstar from India.
I don't see anyone standing out like Virat Kohli.
These guys are not him.
Jaiswal doesn't have it in him and shubhman gill is not him. I don't see anyone.

Who is gonna be next big superstar from India.
I don't see anyone standing out like Virat Kohli.
These guys are not him.
Jaiswal doesn't have it in him and shubhman gill is not him. I don't see anyone.
They're all going to better than Kohli in T20I's. You can keep praying though :rabada2

All these new Indian batsman have no aura of charisma. I don't see anyone emulating Virat in near future.
Virat Kohli is a brand.

They're all going to better than Kohli in T20I's. You can keep praying though :rabada2
Lol no man. I m not talking about their performance I m talking about star quality that charisma that aura which even rohit sharma has in him even though a little bit.

These guys don't have it.

Lol no man. I m not talking about their performance I m talking about star quality that charisma that aura which even rohit sharma has in him even though a little bit.

These guys don't have it.

Stae quality, good looks and charisma are Pakistani standards to judge players

Parag should up the ante now to project himself as a solid dependable middle-order all rounder

Parag need to understand that this run a Ball innings doesn't fix his place in the team.

Total statpadding by Sanju and Parag.

This bishnoi guy is quite hateable.
He comes across as obnoxious loser.

Most wickets in India vs Zimbabwe series:

8- Washington Sundar
6 - Mukesh Kumar
6 - Avesh Khan
6 - Ravi Bishnoi
6 - Blessing Muzarabani
6 - Sikandar Raza

This series done more harm then good.

Trundler Mukesh Kumar gets most of wickets and cement the place for all the formats . :dw

After the 1st game (which was quite competitive), other games have been quite one-sided.

Was expecting a 3-2 result.

After the 1st game (which was quite competitive), other games have been quite one-sided.

Indian team was too over confident in the first game and half asleep. They got a reality check and turned up and the gap is huge. Zimbabwe is not competitive enough. The stats from this series should be of little meaning unless conversion is done against bigger teams.

Zimbabwe couldn't win 2 games even against BD . This Indian team is a couple of notches above so it's hard for them.

Very dull series 🤦🏻‍♀️ i had zero interest to watch Avesh, Mukesh and Khaleel 🤦🏻‍♀️

Only good thing about the series was the debuts of youngsters and performance of spin twins.

It was lovely to watch joyful Zimbabwe crowd, but selection of our pacers for the tour was very disappointing .

'When We Came, Not Everyone Had...': Gill Explains What Helped India Bounce Back From 13-Run Loss in Series Opener​

Shubman Gill’s Team India on Sunday defeated Zimbabwe by 42 runs in the fifth and final T20I in Harare, clinching the series 4-1. The tourists suffered an unexpected 13-run loss in the opening game of the five-match series. However, they quickly put the disappointment on the back burner and deflated the hosts with four victories on the trot.

On Sunday, Sanju Samson’s well-crafted fifty and Mukesh Kumar’s disciplined spell helped India wind up their Zimbabwe tour with a comprehensive win. Samson’s half-century led India to a healthy 167 for six along with Shivam Dube’s flashy 26 off 12 balls. Later, the India bowlers led by Mukesh (4/22), Shivam Dube (2/25) and Washington Sundar (1/7) helped the visitors bundle out Zimbabwe for 125 in 18.3 overs.

Speaking at the post-match presentation after the victory, Gill said the hunger to bounce back and adaptive skills helped India pull itself up following the shocking loss in the series opener to win the remaining four matches.

“I think, the hunger that we showed after losing the first match was fantastic to watch. When we came here, not everyone had a lot of hits in the nets. We weren’t really used to the conditions. The way we adapted (was great),” said Gill.

‘Player of the Series’ Washington Sundar said the pace and bounce of the pitch here took the Indian batters by surprise initially, which cost them the first match, adding that the series win had given the side a lot of confidence going into the upcoming white-ball series against Sri Lanka.

“Good to finish with a win. I felt after the first game that the conditions were very similar to South Africa, with extra speed and extra bounce. Lots of takeaways, lots of learnings, a lot of confidence going into the Sri Lanka series,” said Sundar.

India will play a six-match away series against the Islanders from July 27, which includes three T20Is and an equal number of ODIs.

I just saw the Zimbabwean crowd has always been very lively. They don’t come in huge numbers, but they always seem to be enjoying the game to the fullest. Absolutely love their attitude.

Very dull series 🤦🏻‍♀️ i had zero interest to watch Avesh, Mukesh and Khaleel 🤦🏻‍♀️

Only good thing about the series was the debuts of youngsters and performance of spin twins.

It was lovely to watch joyful Zimbabwe crowd, but selection of our pacers for the tour was very disappointing .
Who would you have liked to watch? (pacer) Umran Malik? Mayank Yadav? Harshit?

Are there any more. India seem to have a surplus of batsmen, but I dont find reliable pacers :unsure:

Who would you have liked to watch? (pacer) Umran Malik? Mayank Yadav? Harshit?

Are there any more. India seem to have a surplus of batsmen, but I dont find reliable pacers :unsure:
Exactly, Mayank, Harshit and Mohsin 👍🏻
Despande and Mukesh aren't international class.
India will suffer heavily after retirements of Shami and Bumrah.

If Abhishek Sharma doesn't fire with bat, he doesn't add anything to the team.

If Abhishek Sharma doesn't fire with bat, he doesn't add anything to the team.
You can say that about most batters though including Surya, Jaiswal etc. He may or may not succeed at this level but the thing I like about Abhishek is that he not some flash in the pan, one season IPL wonder. He's been solid all through age group cricket - top scorer at Under 16 level and key part of the Under 19 teams. His first class average is a little concerning but it's early days yet. Plus over 100+ T20s, he's been able to maintain an average of 30 and a strike rate of 150+.

Every indication point towards giving him an extended run over the next 1 year beside Jaiswal and pushing Gill down to 3.

You can say that about most batters though including Surya, Jaiswal etc. He may or may not succeed at this level but the thing I like about Abhishek is that he not some flash in the pan, one season IPL wonder. He's been solid all through age group cricket - top scorer at Under 16 level and key part of the Under 19 teams. His first class average is a little concerning but it's early days yet. Plus over 100+ T20s, he's been able to maintain an average of 30 and a strike rate of 150+.

Every indication point towards giving him an extended run over the next 1 year beside Jaiswal and pushing Gill down to 3.
Just because the likes of Sky and Jaiswal doesn't add anything else besides their batting, doesn't mean Abhishek will be weighed by same scale too.

We have been plagued by this problem of single dimensional cricketers ever since the likes of Tendulkar, Yuvraj etc called it a day.

We must strive for players who can add some value to the team apart from their forte.

Just because the likes of Sky and Jaiswal doesn't add anything else besides their batting, doesn't mean Abhishek will be weighed by same scale too.

We have been plagued by this problem of single dimensional cricketers ever since the likes of Tendulkar, Yuvraj etc called it a day.

We must strive for players who can add some value to the team apart from their forte.
I think the issue is that with the increasing willingness of batters to take the big risks against the perceived weak links in bowling attacks, it's becoming increasingly difficult to field part-timers. I consider Hardik Pandya a pretty decent bowler but even he gives away 8+ on a consistent basis at both league and international T20 level. The likes of Tendulkar and Yuvraj would get hammered today. Almost no country fields such batters who can turn their arm over.

What we have to do instead is have 2 maybe 3 superstar bowlers who have no batting responsibility. 2 more who can give you 10-15 and 2 others who can give you 15-25 all at a quick strike rate.

For India
0-10 expected - Bumrah and Kuldeep
10-15 expected - Axar and ? (Can Arshdeep step up)
15-25 expected - Hardik and Dube? Sundar?

Anything else from the likes of Abhishek, Jaiswal should be only pull in case of an emergency

Our essential need is a quick who can tonk a quick 10-15.

Back