India (132/3) beat Bangladesh (127) comfortably by 7 wickets in the 1st T20I to take a 1-0 lead in the 3-match T20I series

Easy to say when you know you have nothing to fall back on.

LOL. Fall back on? Are you serious?

Cricket is not my profession. I don't get any benefit if a team win or lose. I watch it to entertain myself.

Best entertainment for me is when Aussies defeat India in big games. 2023 WC final was a good one.

Takeaways from the game -- Mayank Yadav is special, or, at least has the potential to be great.

Playing SKY and Hardik against Bangladesh is just plain unfair from India.

And, Abhishek + Riyan are IPL bashers. They really will be found out sooner than later.

Takeaways from the game -- Mayank Yadav is special, or, at least has the potential to be great.

And, Abhishek + Riyan are IPL bashers. They really will be found out sooner than later.
Which is your favourite team in IPL?

Biggest takeaway is that we cannot gauge anything by playing the next gen. of losers from BD.

Cricket is not my profession. I don't get any benefit if a team win or lose. I watch it to entertain myself.

Best entertainment for me is when Aussies defeat India in big games. 2023 WC final was a good one.
Yeah, yeah rely on others to do your job. This is what happens when you are a minnow but can’t let go of your enmity.

Anyway, congratulations to TEAM IPL. They are 1-0 up.

May BD be a bit more competitive in the remaining 2 games. Today's game was poor.

Anyways...nice demolition job of a mediocre team.

Hope we stop inviting these trophyless and talentless jobbers in the future. Atleast Afghanistan ran us close in a couple of games last year. We should play them more often and probably give chance to Nepal too.

Biggest takeaway is that we cannot gauge anything by playing the next gen. of losers from BD.
India can only play what the opposition fields against them. If this is what Bangladesh fields, then this is what our players will be judged against.

And I don't think it's in good spirit to mock any team, be it a struggling Bangladesh or anyone else.

Having said that the only reason to watch a random India-Bangladesh T20 game is due to fans like the guy in this thread. His hatred for India while amusing is also so scary. Thanks for the motivation mate. Maybe BCCI/broadcasters need to give you a cut.

Having said that the only reason to watch a random India-Bangladesh T20 game is due to fans like the guy in this thread. His hatred for India while amusing is also so scary. Thanks for the motivation mate. Maybe BCCI/broadcasters need to give you a cut.

I am always looking for supplemantary incomes. If BCCI shares revenue with me, I would be delighted.

Games in India are generally a bit boring.

I enjoy it more when BD play in SENA countries (England or NZ particularly). Atmospheres are better.
doesn’t matter where they play, BD can never be an exciting team to watch. Just their presence in the pitch sucks out any excitement making watching their matches a painful experience. Poor athletic ability, absence of character and charisma, absolute lack of skills, short and malnutritioned players, loads of pride with absolute lack of ability and achievement in any sport makes them look like clowns.

India can only play what the opposition fields against them. If this is what Bangladesh fields, then this is what our players will be judged against.

And I don't think it's in good spirit to mock any team, be it a struggling Bangladesh or anyone else.
The mocking happens only because of the arrogance of certain posters. As they say in Hindi, ‘Rassi jal gayi, par bal nahi gaya’

The best entertainment for you is to watch India lose. Why don't you just admit that, and cut out all this 'cricket fan' stuff?

I don’t get this whole win the toss bowl first on these tracks by India

Bat first and smash your opponent into next month

Dhoni fan, yes. But not really a fan of CSK. I do admire Dhoni's captaincy.

I'm from Delhi, so should be supporting DC, but apart from Pant, I just can't be bothered enough.
I'll say that I'm more of a purist in the sense that Test cricket is my favorite format by far. I don't really care for T20 cricket that much but watching someone like SKY in full flow is a privilege.

Watching Bumrah, Kuldeep or Kohli pull off that heist in Melbourne (or Mohali) -- that's still something special.

Bangladesh is never going to be good in T20s. They lack power hitters. They don't have msytery spinners like Rashid Khan. Heck Gurbaz > Entire BD T20 history. We should have invited Afghanistan instead of Bangladesh. Bangladesh also has nothing to gain from this series.

Chasing is easier in T20.

Then again, against weak teams, it generally doesn't matter whether you chase or set a total.

Now im understand why you want to drop Abhishek and parag to accommodate Tuktuk Raj
Riyan Parag is someone who'd be called a parchi player in Pakistan. Look up how he got inside RR.

Abhishek Sharma can't bat on a decent pitch if his life depended on it.

Gaikwad is better than both, by miles, and that's not even debatable.

Pitches with higher clay content get better to bat on as the night progresses.

Sometimes the difference is drastic. So captains choose to bowl first as much as possible.

On a mixed or red soil pitch, they might risk batting first.

Riyan Parag is someone who'd be called a parchi player in Pakistan. Look up how he got inside RR.

Abhishek Sharma can't bat on a decent pitch if his life depended on it.

Gaikwad is better than both, by miles, and that's not even debatable.
Opinion of csk fan doesn't matter .they only can run Rituraj PR on social media .

Tuktukraj doesn't deserve to play for india atleast in T20

The best entertainment for you is to watch India lose. Why don't you just admit that, and cut out all this 'cricket fan' stuff?

Not necessarily. I like certain Indian players. For example, I like Bumrah despite his creepy action. I like Rohit; he is a nice gentleman.

My entertainment sources are (not necessarily in this order):

1) BD win.
2) Australia win.
3) Pakistan or Afghanistan win.
4) Defeat of India if Indian fans are being hostile.
5) Canada win.

That's pretty much it.

Opinion of csk fan doesn't matter .they only can run Rituraj PR on social media .

Tuktukraj doesn't deserve to play for india atleast in T20
You can call me whatever you wish, it doesn't change the fact that geriatric Abhishek Sharma couldn't run 10 yards to save himself of a runout today.

2 of his fours were genuine edges and he almost chopped-on to the stumps on the very first ball he faced.

What a disgrace of a batsman.

Bangladesh is never going to be good in T20s. They lack power hitters. They don't have msytery spinners like Rashid Khan. Heck Gurbaz > Entire BD T20 history. We should have invited Afghanistan instead of Bangladesh. Bangladesh also has nothing to gain from this series.

Do you think Afghanistan would've won a game in India?

BTW, this tour is part of the WTC. It is not about invitation. It is about fixture.

You can call me whatever you wish, it doesn't change the fact that geriatric Abhishek Sharma couldn't run 10 yards to save himself of a runout today.

2 of his fours were genuine edges and he almost chopped-on to the stumps on the very first ball he faced.

What a disgrace of a batsman.
This is T20 cricket and intent is matter.

16 runs from 7 ball is better than 38 ball fifty .

Abhishek is not going to dropped just because tuktuk Raj fans want .

Batsmen with no footwork, no technique and a propensity to plant one foot sideways to hit whatever comes their way are heralded as the new coming of Christ.

The new Tik-tok generation will deprive cricket of its true pleasures.

Batsmen with no footwork, no technique and a propensity to plant one foot sideways to hit whatever comes their way are heralded as the new coming of Christ.

Cricket has gone nowhere as a sport with it's true pleasures.

This is T20 cricket and intent is matter.

16 runs from 7 ball is better than 38 ball fifty .

Abhishek is not going to dropped just because tuktuk Raj fans want .

While I don’t rate Ruturaj as a long term option, I would beleive he would have a better chance at lasting against quality attacks on tough pitches than Abhishek at this point of time in their careers. Abhishek has a lot of flaws in his technique.

Cricket has gone nowhere as a sport with it's true pleasures.
T20 is all about intent and fireworks.

Previously despite IPL we lack the intent .

We lost the 2016 WT20 semifinals because Technique Rahane scored 40 runs in 35 balls .

That is pretty much how Travis head bats across the formats. He doesn't have a solid footwork either. If India had gone conservatively we could not have won the 2nd test. THey scored 50 runs in 3 overs faster than what we did here.

While I don’t rate Ruturaj as a long term option, I would beleive he would have a better chance at lasting against quality attacks on tough pitches than Abhishek at this point of time in their careers. Abhishek has a lot of flaws in his technique.
Oh bhai we are talking about T20 cricket .

If someone is scoring above 200+ strike rate then he is doing great. Its doens't matter how he is going to score .

Clinical India dispatches Bangladesh to take series lead​

India barely broke a sweat in a thumping seven-wicket win over Bangladesh in the first T20I here on Sunday. The home team stayed on top right through the outing, first pinning Bangladesh down to 127 before knocking it off with ease.

It was a memorable night for Varun Chakaravarthy, who made his comeback to the national side after three years. The finger spinner came to the party with three wickets, justifying his inclusion in the eleven ahead of leg-spinner Ravi Bishnoi.

The packed house at the Shrimant Madhavrao Scindia Cricket Stadium, hosting its first international match, was treated to fireworks in the chase. Sanju Samson (29, 19b, 6x4), Suryakumar Yadav (29, 14b, 2x4, 3x6) and Hardik Pandya (39 n.o., 5x4, 2x6) wreaked havoc to power India to the target in just 11.5 overs. Hardik got the loudest cheers, finishing the match in style with a huge six over midwicket.

Hardik was entertainment personified, executing a no-look ramp shot to Taskin Ahmed while staring straight back at the bowler.

Debutant Nitish Kumar Reddy enjoyed the show from the other end, finishing unbeaten on 16.

On a slow wicket, Bangladesh took a cautious approach and paid the price. The visitor was content to nudge it around, allowing the Indian bowlers to pile on the pressure.

The anchor was dropped as early as the first over when Litton Das skied Arshdeep Singh without purpose. In his next over, a consistent Arshdeep got Parvez Hossain Emon to edge it back onto the stumps.

Varun entered the attack in the fifth over and was unlucky to see Nitish drop a catch in the deep.

It turned out to be a minor blip, as Varun returned to prise out Towhid Hridoy with a length ball. The Tamil Nadu cricketer then turned to his bag of tricks, slanting one between bat and pad to end Jaker Ali’s stay. For good measure, Varun added a third victim in Rishad Hossain to complete his haul.

All eyes turned to Mayank Yadav, who was making his international debut. Mayank, who lit up IPL 2024 with his searing pace, started with a maiden. He hit the right lengths through his four overs, but could not crank up the pace. Mayank did not breach the 150 kmph mark - markedly slower than his IPL thunderbolts.

It seemed like the Bangladesh batters faced Mayank on reputation. The pacer took full advantage to record neat figures of one for 21.

Nitish was not as successful with the ball. His medium pace and variations proved to be easy pickings, prompting the skipper to keep him down to two overs.

Washington Sundar accounted for captain Najmul Hossain Shanto, who jabbed a good length delivery back to the bowler. Arshdeep and Hardik expertly handled the death overs.

The clinical Indians were simply too good on all counts.

Yeah, Test cricket hasn't.

But IPL played on flat roads with scores of 240+, mainly targeting suffers of ADHD, isn't cricket at all.
So all the top cricketers who appear in the IPL play Kabaddi because a certain Bunda Bindaas from Dilli believes so?

That is pretty much how Travis head bats across the formats. He doesn't have a solid footwork either. If India had gone conservatively we could not have won the 2nd test. THey scored 50 runs in 3 overs faster than what we did here.
Travis Head bats like that in T20s -- not Test cricket.

Did you watch Jaiswal in the test against Bangladesh? Every shot played by him was a proper cricketing shot. Every single one.

That's technique -- and he can easily score faster than Abhishek Sharma in T20s as well.

Oh bhai we are talking about T20 cricket .

If someone is scoring above 200+ strike rate then he is doing great. Its doens't matter how he is going to score .
Rishad Hossain scored 11 off 5 balls. I'm sure you admired his intent. A flat world of good that did to Bangladesh's cause though.

Travis Head bats like that in T20s -- not Test cricket.

Did you watch Jaiswal in the test against Bangladesh? Every shot played by him was a proper cricketing shot. Every single one.

That's technique -- and he can easily score faster than Abhishek Sharma in T20s as well.

ABhishek has trained himself to be a six hitter. Hit like 40 sixes in SMAT. Parag hit 39 sixes. He is not some slogger. He and Gill spent time with Yuvraj sing in honing the six hitting technique. I know Abhishek from the under-19 days. He used to be more like younger Jadeja. Hardly any power in his shots. He would slowly build innings. Even in the one season with SRH he was not a big six hitter. This is something he has worked on. If only "blind slogging" gives you high number of sixes in SMAT and IPL you would see more of them.

Yeah, Test cricket hasn't.

But IPL played on flat roads with scores of 240+, mainly targeting sufferers of ADHD, isn't cricket at all.
Ohh looks who are talking a CSK fan .

Dhobi used chennai as spin paradise to reach in playoff all the time.

As i already said CSK fans are worst things to happen for indian cricket .

They only care about CSK players rather than india.

Yeah, you got a problem with my opinion? Go cry a river for all I care.
You got riled up so easily. Typical misery purist who grew up worshiping a loser team and now bitter about current generation players producing better results and also getting paid more.

Dhobi used chennai as spin paradise to reach im playoff all the time.

I care more about exposing how much dunderhead, low-IQ, illiterate fans of flatbed cricket seem to know about the game in general.

Dhobi used chennai as spin paradise to reach im playoff all the time.

He is from Delhi. DC is a punching bag in the IPL so he Copes up by criticizing high scores in the IPL.

You got riled up so easily. Typical misery purist who grew up worshiping a loser team and now bitter about current generation players producing better results and also getting paid more.
At least try to make some sense while replying. It's probably within your limits. You can try...

Puttar go and cry on social media and use hashtag Rituraaj for team india .
Wow, what a comeback. I'm floored. Tik-tokers are asking me to go and post on social media.

While I go and scream on social media, in your imagination, of course, you try to gather a few brain cells in the meantime.

Deal?

Wow, what a comeback. I'm floored. Tik-tokers are asking me to go and post on social media.

While I go and scream on social media, in your imagination, of course, you try to gather a few brain cells in the meantime.

Deal?
He has not just riled you up but also exposed your lack of understanding of modern cricket. And you are left with no other option but to make personal attacks. Paani pi lo bhai, we are only discussing cricket and we all want betterment of our team.

ABhishek has trained himself to be a six hitter. Hit like 40 sixes in SMAT. Parag hit 39 sixes. He is not some slogger. He and Gill spent time with Yuvraj sing in honing the six hitting technique. I know Abhishek from the under-19 days. He used to be more like younger Jadeja. Hardly any power in his shots. He would slowly build innings. Even in the one season with SRH he was not a big six hitter. This is something he has worked on. If only "blind slogging" gives you high number of sixes in SMAT and IPL you would see more of them.
You might know him personally. And I'm not suggesting you are wrong in your assessment.

I'm judging him with my own experience of having watched cricket for a very, very long time.

He is slow in the field. For a guy who's 24-25, that's unforgivable. His left-arm spin is useless.

And apart from flat decks, I haven't seen him score runs and I doubt I ever will.

He's good against spin and medium pace, I will give him that.

Deal?
When i see your post first instantly i understand that you're a Tuktuk raj fan.

No real indian fan can say that , they want to drop abhisek from T20.

Also, SMAT isn't an international level tournament. I won't go by the standards of SMAT to judge the potential of any player.

You might know him personally. And I'm not suggesting you are wrong in your assessment.

I'm judging him with my own experience of having watched cricket for a very, very long time.

He is slow in the field. For a guy who's 24-25, that's unforgivable. His left-arm spin is useless.

And apart from flat decks, I haven't seen him score runs and I doubt I ever will.

He's good against spin and medium pace, I will give him that.
It requires certain amount of selflessness and discipline to bat like that. He could easily tuk tuk to his way to 40s and 50s. We had this so called talent "KL Rahul" who could play 360 degree shots. Has even 100s in T20. Come the crunch game. Absolutely no intent. Selfish prodding and getting out pathetically under pressure. If you compare Abhishek with Pant in T20, Pant is 10 times more a hack and not good at it as well. But Pant is very good in Tests. So don't judge Abhishek's true potential by his approach. He racked over 500 runs in the SMAT. Highest run getter. How do you think Punjab won the SMAT? THey loaded the side with six hitters. Prabhsimran singh, Naman dhir, Anmolpreet singh.

You should milk that for next 15 years because most Aussies don’t even remember that anymore but best entertainment for any neutral is Dinesh Karthik flattening the BD bros in last ball or Mushi early celebration.

Ask the Lankans they are off the same view.

Definitely not BD’s format, they lost it in a worser way than second test.

Abdur Razzaq and Afridi were called destructive batsmen, what’s wrong with the no footwork bullies?

BD are such an awful C grade T20 side.

You can literally pick a random selection of 11 players from any IPL season and they will smash the BD side 9 out of 10 times. Once they may win and they will annoy you for months and year for that but winning 1 out of 10 games means nothing and that too vs a substandard Indian side.

BD are such an awful C grade T20 side.

You can literally pick a random selection of 11 players from any IPL season and they will smash the BD side 9 out of 10 times. Once they may win and they will annoy you for months and year for that but winning 1 out of 10 games means nothing and that too vs a substandard Indian side.
Afghanistan has significantly surged ahead of them in this format. DIsposed of Australia and NZ something Bangladesh cannot even dream in ICC event. But for the drop catch they would have massacred Australia as well in the WC2023.

Today Abhinav said something about strike rates of BD batsmen. Highest by a batsman is Hridoy 131? That is poor.

It requires certain amount of selflessness and discipline to bat like that. He could easily tuk tuk to his way to 40s and 50s. We had this so called talent "KL Rahul" who could play 360 degree shots. Has even 100s in T20. Come the crunch game. Absolutely no intent. Selfish prodding and getting out pathetically under pressure. If you compare Abhishek with Pant in T20, Pant is 10 times more a hack and not good at it as well. But Pant is very good in Tests. So don't judge Abhishek's true potential by his approach. He racked over 500 runs in the SMAT. Highest run getter. How do you think Punjab won the SMAT? THey loaded the side with six hitters. Prabhsimran singh, Naman dhir, Anmolpreet singh.
Again, SMAT isn't my criteria for judging a player's worth.

And the joke that IPL has become, with 240+ scores on tracks that have nothing in them for the bowlers, isn't good enough to judge the future potential of a player either.

If someone does well in Ranji Trophy, in low scoring games (Musheer Khan's recent hundred comes to mind), that is more impressive as a feat, in my eyes.

I don't care about KL Rahul, and I think he should not be a part of the T20 squad. Pant too is questionable in the T20 format, that also is true.

But unless a future T20 tournament is held on the flattest of decks, I would never even consider players like Abhishek Sharma who are but glorified hacks, at the moment.

BCB should stop continuing to play the remaining matches and leave immediately to avoid humiliation.

Given a chance our corporate team would perform better than these Tigers Prawns.

And the joke that IPL has become, with 240+ scores on tracks that have nothing in them for the bowlers, isn't good enough to judge the future potential of a player either.

If someone does well in Ranji Trophy, in low scoring games (Musheer Khan's recent hundred comes to mind), that is more impressive as a feat, in my eyes.

I don't care about KL Rahul, and I think he should not be a part of the T20 squad. Pant too is questionable in the T20 format, that also is true.

But unless a future T20 tournament is held on the flattest of decks, I would never even consider players like Abhishek Sharma who are but glorified hacks, at the moment.
It was Duleep Trophy not Ranji Trophy. Now don't get angry again just because I corrected you.

Technique Tuktuk Raj didn't even score against Mumbai trundlers in Irani trophy .lol

Glorified hacks are the requirements for this format. He is not playing ODIs/Tests. By the way he played under-19 world cup as a bowling all rounder where he was batting at 6. Then he was converte dinto an opener by SRH. IN the first edition he played conventionally. He is still one of the best batsman i have seen against Rashid Khan. 30 balls 63 runs against Rashid khan by Abhishek. He has both games. But he is playing a designated role. A role that was played by Murali vijay who was a mega tuk tuker until CSK converted him into a beastly hitter. Same way CSK converted Rahane into a six hitter. If Abhishek is a hack, travis head is also a hack who does pretty mcuh the same thing that Abhishek does.

CSK mafia trying very hard for Rituraj selection . They are crying all over social media .

I really loving this meltdown.

Indian cricket doens't need any selfish player anymore .

finally we are playing T20 cricket the way it should played but some mafia doens't want to succeed it.

CSK mafia trying very hard for Rituraj selection . They are crying all over social media .

I really loving this meltdown.

Indian cricket doens't need any selfish player anymore .

finally we are playing T20 cricket the way it should played but some mafia doens't want to succeed it.
May be they are missing the first over maidens from Kela lol

Yeah, Duleep Trophy. I realized it before I could edit my response.
On a serious note, I agree with you that this year's IPL was heavily biased towards batting. But you must understand that T20I matches are typically played on flat wickets. While it's fine if you don't rate Abhishek Sharma, you should acknowledge that cricket constantly evolves over time. Viv Richards had a strike rate of 90 in ODIs and he was the most destructive batter in the 1970s and 1980s. In today's era, a strike rate of 90 is considered low.

Glorified hacks are the requirements for this format. He is not playing ODIs/Tests. By the way he played under-19 world cup as a bowling all rounder where he was batting at 6. Then he was converte dinto an opener by SRH. IN the first edition he played conventionally. He is still one of the best batsman i have seen against Rashid Khan. 30 balls 63 runs against Rashid khan by Abhishek. He has both games. But he is playing a designated role. A role that was played by Murali vijay who was a mega tuk tuker until CSK converted him into a beastly hitter. Same way CSK converted Rahane into a six hitter. If Abhishek is a hack, travis head is also a hack who does pretty mcuh the same thing that Abhishek does.
I watched the entire U19 tournament where Gill and Shaw proved their class and the Indian team was a class apart, including the bowlers Mavi and Nagarkoti. Hardly anybody noticed Abhishek Sharma then.

I disagree about the glorified hacks part. Jaiswal isn't a glorified hack. Gill isn't one either. Neither is Ruturaj Gaikwad or Sanju Samson.

Also, Rahane, when he was hitting sixes for CSK was still playing proper cricketing shots. He wasn't surviving on mistimed edges or miscues hit for six.

And you are right, I don't like Travis Head in T20s either. It was entirely his good fortune in the ODI WC final that he survived so many close calls.

But having said that, Abhishek Sharma is still not a patch on Travis Head who still knows how to play Test cricket. And can survive on much tougher pitches than the ones that are dished out in IPL.

Also, how many good seasons in the IPL has Abhishek Sharma had? Just one! So why is he being hyped so much?

Riyan Parag has had miserable seasons before and somehow made runs in ONE season and finds himself in the Indian squad. What a joke, honestly!

Back