India (132/3) beat Bangladesh (127) comfortably by 7 wickets in the 1st T20I to take a 1-0 lead in the 3-match T20I series

BD - 74/5 (11.3 overs).

Need to reach 150-160 to give bowlers something to defend.

Looks like Surya is experimenting the bowling. Everything will bowl except Surya himself, Samson and Rinku.

He has better stats than Gill. He is bit slow starter, but once set he play with ease 👍🏻
We dont want any slow starter for T20.

Btw his stats were meaningless .

When he scored 100 he scored first 30 runs around 110 strike rate but heavily Score against Maxwell and hardiee.

Lol maxwel bowled 20th over of the innings .

Gill is way better than Tuktuk raj

Lesson for India - when you play against minnows, always look to bat first. Atleast that will be entertaining for fans and crowd.

Bowling first is a poor move by captain Soorya.

Soorya Koomar Yadav is a poor captain who is bowling a tear away pacer after a spinner
Why, while our playing days it was a common tactic to bowl an our fastest bowler right after couple of overs of spin bowlers. It is also commonly taught in coaching and strategic classes? It is mostly because batters would be used to slower bowlers and brining in a fast bowler, especially who is fastest in the attack hurries the batsman. Has the strategy changed recently?

don’t cafe for useless T20s, Mayank will be a handful in SENA in tests. Need to use him carefully for important tests and world tournaments like Bumrah. He needs to be in the scheme of things in the main X1. Shami is getting old, Umesh is done, Akashdeep don’t see him as an all condition bowler.
Need Mayank in the main mix.

I think I have said this before but Mehidy Hasan Miraz is at present best cricketer from BD. Looks like a very humble and intelligent guy too. He should be Bangladesh captain in all formats

Gaikwad is not India material.

Gill too has to earn a place in t20is. He is still little too slow and lethargic in this format.
Gill has to prove his credentials as a fast scorer in t20 against good attacks.he has started in Sri Lanka series but he has to prove it against the strong teams.Abhishek can bowl too and has much higher ceiling. Abhishek too have to show his pedigree against the strong attacks and show his consistency.

I heard he refused to sing the Bangladeshi national anthem because it was written by Tagore. Good player though.

BD should change the anthem. A country's anthem should be written by someone who is from that country. Tagore was not a Bangladeshi.

Varun's bowling average went from 66 to 32. ROFL.

He should send BD team a gift.

Okay then I take my words back. He should not be allowed to captain in any format in that case.

He has captaincy experience. Captained BD to a U-19 World Cup semi-final. Was also a player of the series in that tournament.

He should be the captain if Shanto gets axed.

Yaar what a boring matches. I wanted a High scoring match .

But what to expect from Bangladesh.

Should have batted first .

Varun is a complete liability in field due to his bad knee issues. He should improve his bowling like narine and make it up for his fielding.

Did I say anything wrong?
Varun C is a league type cricketer. Low fitness standards, can’t bat, average fielder. Personally not a fan of such players. They are good to earn a living for franchise level standards. Don’t want such players in internationals. Bashing Bangladesh is not an achievement for me

BD should adopt faarsi or Arabic as their language.. After all not created or evolved by Bangladeshis

I think Bangladesh should have 3 official languages - Bengali, English, and Arabic.

Also, BD should replace the anthem written by Indian Santa Claus (Rabindra Scooby Dooby Doo Tagore). New anthem should be from someone born in Bangladesh.

Varun C is a league type cricketer. Low fitness standards, can’t bat, average fielder. Personally not a fan of such players. They are good to earn a living for franchise level standards. Don’t want such players in internationals. Bashing Bangladesh is not an achievement for me
I didn't say it's an achievement. I only appreciated his comeback after an expensive first over where a catch was dropped.

Clearly based on your post, I can see that being a sentiment in Bangladesh. I distinctly heard that news online. While you can’t trust everything online, proof is in the pudding why that maybe the case. You are a good enough sample. Having said that doesn’t change my opinion of him as a player. I think he is a good cricketer.

Would you be okay if Indian anthem was written by a non-Indian?

It makes no sense.

A country's anthem should always be from someone who is from that country.

I think Bangladesh should have 3 official languages - Bengali, English, and Arabic.

Also, BD should replace the anthem written by Indian Santa Claus (Rabindra Scooby Dooby Doo Tagore). New anthem should be from someone born in Bangladesh.

Agree. Bangladesh should also merge back with Pakistan and be named East Pakistan as it's a country liberated by the Indian armed forces. That's a nice way to teach the Indians a lesson.

Would you be okay if Indian anthem was written by a non-Indian?

It makes no sense.

A country's anthem should always be from someone who is from that country.
I won't mind if my anthem is written by someone who is born on the same land before the country itself.
I would be very happy if my national anthem was written by someone like Kalidasa👍🏻

Arshdeep is bowling at 135.has he bowled 135 plus earlier ? If he can push himself towards 140,it's a good addition for us.

For someone who's 24-25, Abhishek Sharma walks and runs like he's 35!

And what a poor technique against pace. Overhyped IPL trash is only good against spinners and medium pacers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back