India (205/5) comprehensively defeat Australia (181/7) by 24 runs to book their spot in the Semi-Finals of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

As per Cricinfo, Aussies would be out if they lose by at least 31 runs and Afghans win (even by 1 run).

For BD to leapfrog both Afghanistan and Australia, Aussies have to lose by 31 runs and Afghans have to lose by 31 runs.

Source: https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...-bangladesh-to-qualify-for-semi-final-1440427.

Australia has to lose by 55 runs . but I get it now. BD doesnt have to overcome a deficit of 2.5. They have to overcome a deficit of 1.5 because Australia would already be -1

Bumrah and Hazlewood are so good with their line and length.
RCB should sign them both and drop Kohli next season if they want to win IPL

Everyone expected Bumrah but as I said, Arshdeep to get the troll wickets.

Kuldeep will be the game maker or breaker though.

Pant bit absent minded. Should have fielded the ball and run out Marsh after he couldn't reach it to complete the catch.

Sardar ji is Speed se bouncer pe boundary hi padegi .

Bowl to your strength when bowl is Swinging.

He dropped a catch now

Roaring over from Aussies. Don't think he needs to bowl slow balls just yet. Ball is still swinging

You completely missed my post, your reply doesn’t make any sense to what I posted.

Read the entire conversation and then try again, not sure what to make of your post.

Nope I understood your point: India got to a final of a world cup they should have won, they didn't and Indian fans are still up in arms about it (as well they should be), Indian fans feel they hold their team to higher standards, which I agree with considering that the Indian team should have won that World cup, all the odds where in their favour and to lose (and in the fashion that India did) would be quite embarrassing.

You made a point about Pakistani fans not holding their team to the same standard, which is also fair and made an example of Pak fans/pundits feeling that the achieving the 2022 final was enough as a justification for this statement. My response was that the reason Pakistani fans didn't hold their team to the same standard is because a) getting to the final of the 2022 was Pakistan punching above their weight and b) the manner in which Pakistan got to the final was purely luck based, Pakistan didn't deserve to be in that final, they got schooled by Zimbabwe in the same tourney, even in this tourney...Pak got schooled by USA.

Indian fans have every right to hold their team to higher standards, India has been in more positions where they should have won and didn't (2023 final, 2019 semis).....but the attitude and weak mindedness remains the same regardless of where you go with fans in the subcontinent.

When there is minimal swing on offer & if conditions don't offer seam or bounce - guys like arsh are pop guns canon fodder ..

Whining is part of desi culture, especially in cricket which we get emotional about.

However, Indian fans want their team to be dominant like Aussies or Windies team of past, that’s the standard we want our cricket to be at with all the resources invested.

Fans will continue to criticise sub par players like Jadhavs, Dube’s, Binnys etc and criticise washed out oldies who hold the team back like Yuvi, Dhoni, Jadeja etc even though some of these players won India world cups and were most successful players in Indian history.
That is Indian fan's problem then. India haven't got what it takes to dominate the way Australia and West Indies did. Money and resources don't guarantee success.

You are being unfair to BCCI and Indian players if you are holding them to such standards.

Marsh himself dropped one. India returned the favor by dropping him twice

Man the build of these Aussies. Looking at the replay of that six by Marsh, these guys could be stars in 3 or 4 sports probably but choose to be the bane of desi's existence in our favourite sport. not fair!

There's the Head we know!! On the middle stump line at length coming into his body. That's the line

That's the line to Head. Into his body on a good length. No room on the off side

Back