India (205/5) comprehensively defeat Australia (181/7) by 24 runs to book their spot in the Semi-Finals of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

I've been screaming this for last 4 years, in T20s India's chances go up the less number of balls Kohli plays.
And India had KL Rahulnand his ceremonial first over maiden.

This a winning total for Ind, Rohit masterclass. Aus will try agression and bow out the total is too big.

It's over, Bumrah will get rid of these boys

Bumrah will have an average game. Arshdeep to get troll wickets.

Kuldeep to make the game or break it. He'll either go for plenty or wreck the AUS middle order.

This is a 170-180 pitch, Rohit's brilliance made it look like a 220-240 pitch.

Australia need Head or Warner to play an identical knock and it is not happening vs Indian bowling.
20 above par India I think.
But if Aus good get a good start they'll do much much better than India in death overs.
Could be an interesting game if Aus get off to a flier

Indians have high standards for their team. We criticise everything unless it’s perfect since we expect our team to be the best for various reasons.

Pakistani fans won’t understand that since they have to settle with mediocrity.
I don't know about other Pakistani fans, but I'm comfortable in my judgement that Indian fans are mentally weak whiners. At least the ones posting in this thread.

I don't get why theirs hate for dube. He's been great this cup in the MO. Sure he isn't revolutionary but he has performed in every game?
He hasn't been bad, but you have to wonder if the likes of Rinku or Samson would have done better than him. Probably yes.

I would be surprised if India fail to win this. I don't care how bad the pitch is. Unless its one of those roided up, video-game IPL pitches, you should be able to defend 200+

And India have one of the best attack in the tournament just because of Bumrah and Kuldeep.

Head has to fire big time like he did in the ODI WC final.
Head chased 241 in 50 overs. Now they have to chase 206 in 20 overs. Labu played a tuk tuk knock without impacting them. Then lights came on. PItch became a belter.

So that first line describes Pakistani fans to a T. No difference between Pakistani and Indian fans then :ROFLMAO:

Nah, Pakistani fans were happy after being in finals last World Cup, even this year their experts on various TV shows say their team reached semis and finals in previous editions like it’s some sort of achievement.

Indian fans still haven’t gotten over the final loss to Australia in 2023 WC and consider it as a failure in some ways.

If Jadeja can hit a six here , Australia can canter this chase.

Only 46 runs off last 35 balls. Poor finish. 225 looked possible when SKY got out.

He hasn't been bad, but you have to wonder if the likes of Rinku or Samson would have done better than him. Probably yes.
Dube was backed because he can offer a few overs here and there. If he doesn't bowl it makes no sense playing him ahead of others.

It's time for rohit and dravid to accept that playing dube is a mistake put jaiswal in his position in semis .Atleast jaiswal can have a go and score better than that fraud.
We are stuck with this combination, only way is Kohli to be dropped for Jaiswal and i highly doubt that will back.

Only 46 runs off last 35 balls. Poor finish. 225 looked possible when SKY got out.
Combination of two things. Good bowling. Also new to the crease batsmen couldn't get going right of the bat. IN addition to that ball got older.

Australia cant improve their NRR by a lot. even if they chase it in 18 overs, by my calculation it will only rise to 0.5 now

Afghanistan will have to absolutely thrash Bangladesh though to progress ahead if australia win

below 150 would be the best , they could start packing after this game itself :D

If Aussies get bowled out for less than 150, Afghans only have to win (NRR will not be a factor anymore) to go through.

Bangladesh can also sneak in if they can beat Afghans by around 35 runs.

206 is still a very good total. As long as Bumrah is there it will be very hard for Australia to canter to anything. But yeah, it is a chasable target on this pitch

B4 match started - I would be jumping on this score....
Considering the start we got....225 was on the cards....
Hope we bowl diamond crazy accurately & field like absolute cut snakes ...
We have to boss from the outset & in 1st PP ...
This pitch is flat - no swing on offer

Arshi ,- will be halwa on ice - just like stoinis....
Hope we keep our focus....

I don't know about other Pakistani fans, but I'm comfortable in my judgement that Indian fans are mentally weak whiners. At least the ones posting in this thread.

Whining is part of desi culture, especially in cricket which we get emotional about.

However, Indian fans want their team to be dominant like Aussies or Windies team of past, that’s the standard we want our cricket to be at with all the resources invested.

Fans will continue to criticise sub par players like Jadhavs, Dube’s, Binnys etc and criticise washed out oldies who hold the team back like Yuvi, Dhoni, Jadeja etc even though some of these players won India world cups and were most successful players in Indian history.

Did anyone catch Surya's interview? It was funny. When a foreign reporter asked him what his plan was when he got out in the middle, Surya got confused. She had to repeat the question a few times before Surya answered that after he got out, the team finished well, or something along those lines. I don't blame him though. Us desis tend to take every word too literally :D

Here is the thing. Will Australia go after win in all situations or try to make sure their run rate is above Afghanistan? Ofcourse at the start they will go after win.

Agree with the sentiment that us Indians are weak hearted.

Only Pakistani bravehearts can support a team to beat their arch rival so soon after getting schooled by 18th ranked USA.

Hats off to you guys and your resilience. We have much to learn from y'all.

Cricinfo with it's complicated algorithms makes India 82% favourite. I would be more conservative - say 60 to 65%.

We should win it but we're up against one of the greatest teams in all of sports.

Did anyone catch Surya's interview? It was funny. When a foreign reporter asked him what his plan was when he got out in the middle, Surya got confused. She had to repeat the question a few times before Surya answered that after he got out, the team finished well, or something along those lines.
He misinterpreted what was the plan after he "got out". She said "got off". He didn't hear well.

Sigh, So many of these boys are gonna troll me if India wins today, Revenge for 2023 wc is coming back to me 😭

We are stuck with this combination, only way is Kohli to be dropped for Jaiswal and i highly doubt that will back.
Why can't jaiswal get in if dube is not bowling at all .any how with pandya,we have 6 bowling options

If Aussies get bowled out for less than 150, Afghans only have to win (NRR will not be a factor anymore) to go through.

If Australia gets bowled out for 150, their NRR will be -1 or close to it. Aghanistan can sneak in even if they lose to Bangladesh provided its not a huge defeat.

Bangladesh's going forward is highly unlikely.

Afghans dont have to win just keep the defeat margin below 35 because it will be 3 way tie and will back to NRR. and Afghan having the best NRR.

Did anyone catch Surya's interview? It was funny. When a foreign reporter asked him what his plan was when he got out in the middle, Surya got confused. She had to repeat the question a few times before Surya answered that after he got out, the team finished well, or something along those lines. I don't blame him though. Us desis tend to take every word too literally :D
In almost every interview, the players asked the interviewer to repeat.its difficult to hear. Surya is educated and can speak good English unlike many other players

Only Pakistani bravehearts can support a team to beat their arch rival so soon after getting schooled by 18th ranked USA.

If I were a Pakistani I would have wanted to believe that the match was fixed instead of the fact that they actually lost to techies and cabbies.

Aussies are likely to lose here. How much will they lose by? That's the question.
Wait for them to come to bat first.. we will know how the pitch really is. Jaddu smacked a six off Cummins , it’s definitely a flat pitch

If Australia gets bowled out for 150, their NRR will be -1 or close to it. Aghanistan can sneak in even if they lose to Bangladesh provided its not a huge defeat.

Bangladesh's going forward is highly unlikely.

As per Cricinfo, Aussies would be out if they lose by at least 31 runs and Afghans win (even by 1 run).

For BD to leapfrog both Afghanistan and Australia, Aussies have to lose by 31 runs and Afghans have to lose by 31 runs.

Source: https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...-bangladesh-to-qualify-for-semi-final-1440427.

Sigh, So many of these boys are gonna troll me if India wins today, Revenge for 2023 wc is coming back to me 😭

Indian fans will never troll Aussies beyond a point. First, we may not even win this tourney after this. Secondly, we know that OZ are well capable of knocking us out in all of the next 3 ICC tournaments.

We reserve that primarily for our Asian brothers.

Nah, Pakistani fans were happy after being in finals last World Cup, even this year their experts on various TV shows say their team reached semis and finals in previous editions like it’s some sort of achievement.

Indian fans still haven’t gotten over the final loss to Australia in 2023 WC and consider it as a failure in some ways.

Thats called living in the past, not sure thats the healthiest of mindsets to have...but hey, a final loss in a 50 over world cup would hurt, especially against the Australian team that everyone loves to hate. The 10 match winning streak beforehand and playing at home must have also made it hurt even more, I can kind of see why for Indian fans that loss particularly hurt.

For the Pakistani fans, the previous t20 final against England: Pakistan scratched their behind, where mediocre throughout, yet somehow got to the final and where actually competitive for most of it, only to be beaten by the better team in both that match and the tourney...I'd like to think that didn't hurt as much.

Indians need to make the ball soft, throw the ball on the ground every throw. Hopefully spinners can get some purchase from the pitch after 10 overs with that and make batting bit difficult to time

Seeing Head's face with that ridiculous moustache actually causes me physical pain. Reawakens a lot of trauma.
He is their own Pant. May not be consistent. May not have great averages. But he will have a lot of great stories to tell his kids about his career

Indian fans will never troll Aussies beyond a point. First, we may not even win this tourney after this. Secondly, we know that OZ are well capable of knocking us out in all of the next 3 ICC tournaments.

We reserve that primarily for our Asian brothers.
Well, yall are good peeps, that's all I can say cause I'd troll lol

Thats called living in the past, not sure thats the healthiest of mindsets to have...but hey, a final loss in a 50 over world cup would hurt, especially against the Australian team that everyone loves to hate. The 10 match winning streak beforehand and playing at home must have also made it hurt even more, I can kind of see why for Indian fans that loss particularly hurt.

For the Pakistani fans, the previous t20 final against England: Pakistan scratched their behind, where mediocre throughout, yet somehow got to the final and where actually competitive for most of it, only to be beaten by the better team in both that match and the tourney...I'd like to think that didn't hurt as much.

You completely missed my post, your reply doesn’t make any sense to what I posted.

Read the entire conversation and then try again, not sure what to make of your post.

Nah man, Indian fans come in all variety. I am a 90s fan , have seen the joy of just winning one match. It is the newer fans that are faint hearted.

I think I'm turning off the TV, Congratulations to my Indian brothers for making it to Semi's. Hope you win now that I am out

Back