India (262 & 118/4) defeat Australia (263 & 113) by 6 wickets - Take a 2-0 lead in the series

Definitely need couple of high quality players in the lineup. Gill is not ready at the moment.And the keeper is a mental midget.

This test should be over either ways by tea time.

I bet management will call KL unfortunate and select him again.

Please God, punish the dishonest and reward the deserving!

Definitely need couple of high quality players in the lineup. Gill is not ready at the moment.And the keeper is a mental midget.

I supported Bharat over Ishan and former did good job behind the stumps but we need batting from our WK because our No 2, 3 and 4 are a write off. Ishan may hit a fast fifty every now and then.

Have always said this.

It's Kohli and Kohli alone who is to be blamed for our batting woes.

Very very selfish from him.

Agreed . We lost odi t20 wc etc due to lack of proper batters .

Even now , we haven’t given sarfaraaz khan a break . He is in monster form and between him., Ayer and gill we have an amazing batting lineup . Add sky , sampson and sundar . We really don’t need Kohli pujara and rahul . Only rohit has been batting well and he too got such a delayed start to his career .

Last 5 years was a time of lost batting talent . Glad ganguly got Kohli out of captaincy .

Agreed . We lost odi t20 wc etc due to lack of proper batters .

Even now , we haven’t given sarfaraaz khan a break . He is in monster form and between him., Ayer and gill we have an amazing batting lineup . Add sky , sampson and sundar . We really don’t need Kohli pujara and rahul . Only rohit has been batting well and he too got such a delayed start to his career .

Last 5 years was a time of lost batting talent . Glad ganguly got Kohli out of captaincy .
Need Kohli totally out of Indian cricket system to save us from his bad influence.

Mark Waugh is spot on. Pujara is concentrating on everything in the stadium but the red ball. Guys innings last 20 min and of those 15 min is wasted on the sight screen.

What an effortless shot from Rohit, again for a six.

That was harakiri.

Why did Rohit sacrifice his wicket for Pujara?

Really poor and selfish from Pujara. He could have stopped running before crossing Rohit.

It was Rohit's call but Pujara could have sacrificed himself. Mental midgets galore

These Pujaras, Kohlis and Rahuls are so selfish, only playing for themselves, setting Indian cricket back.

India losing wickets faster than OZ did. in fact, throwing away wickets. lost our best batsman

It was Rohit's call but Pujara could have sacrificed himself. Mental midgets galore

No self awareness in chepu. It was rohit'ss mistake but he could have sacrificed himself. Hitman would have done this Chase himself.

Manjrekar jinxing India, saying only miracle can win this test for Australia.

They will chase it down eventually, but the passengers will continue to put team backwards (it will affect in our overseas tests! Weak batting lineup will continue to lose matches/series overseas!)

What a collapse from Australia.

Great bowling, poor batting? / Has the pitch crumbled to pieces? etc

They will chase it down eventually, but the passengers will continue to put team backwards (it will affect in our overseas tests! Weak batting lineup will continue to lose matches/series overseas!)

I have no hope for this WTC cycle. Selectors have missed the timeframe to introduce new batters at home.

still hanging on to own rubbish comprehension after making a clownish mistake of putting current rohit on the same lines of others who are failing :facepalm:

Appeal for stumping and get entire review without wasting a DRS. I think this practice is unfair and should be stopped.

They came out with the plan of sweeping everything. Ashwin was simply magical. Jadeja bowled poorly though. On a day when Ashwin was very good, Jaddu picked 7fer.

still hanging on to own rubbish comprehension after making a clownish mistake of putting current rohit on the same lines of others who are failing :facepalm:

Rohit is handsdown the most inform batsman in Indian line up. It is almost there is a gulf between Rohit and the other top order. Too bad he missed like 10 tests due to injuries

Indian fans will never admit Indian pitches crumble etc.. it will always be opposition can’t bat or Steve smith & Labushange are tailenders !!

Cummins is being very defensive in setting his fields.

Umpires prerogative to send it upstairs. Both teams can try to exploit this.

Can only check stumping for which the appeal is for. Why check for catch by default when fielding team not appealing for it?

No its holding much better than Gabba in dec 22 and namo stadium last yr vs england. Its a spicy wicket with few balls staying dangeorusly low and needs skills to make hay

Amazing the negativity on this thread for Kohli's batting.
I am all for constructive criticism for his close in fielding, read in the slips and close in at short leg or silly point, he averages a drop per game.
The same crowd that is going gung ho here never comments on his brilliance in the field away from close in fielding, he's picked up some absolute stunners and given us some terrific runouts.
This whole team is his legacy, i agree he may not be scoring 100's but its not that he is a total misfiring dud either.
His forty odd in first innings was done in difficult circumstances against a bowler of lyon's class.
You dont score 25000 runs just because you have 'links' with higher ups, give some respect where due.

I am all for constructive criticism for his close in fielding, read in the slips and close in at short leg or silly point, he averages a drop per game.
The same crowd that is going gung ho here never comments on his brilliance in the field away from close in fielding, he's picked up some absolute stunners and given us some terrific runouts.
This whole team is his legacy, i agree he may not be scoring 100's but its not that he is a total misfiring dud either.
His forty odd in first innings was done in difficult circumstances against a bowler of lyon's class.
You dont score 25000 runs just because you have 'links' with higher ups, give some respect where due.

He doesn't own the legacy of anything. I don't owe him anything.

On the contrary you are showing over positivity for an innings of 40 when infact in the last 20 tests he averages in the 20s. Fans have been patient for over 3 years.

They came out with the plan of sweeping everything. Ashwin was simply magical. Jadeja bowled poorly though. On a day when Ashwin was very good, Jaddu picked 7fer.

Jadeja is such a great player.

Appeal for stumping and get entire review without wasting a DRS. I think this practice is unfair and should be stopped.

I’ve noticed this, it is like a bonus review.

Amazing that Kohli survived in international cricket after being a dud against spin.

Will there be a twist in this game? Can Australia still make a match out of it?

No he was beaten atleast 4 times on the outside edge by Murphy last 2 overs. And i have watched enough of his career.

Thats the trick to playing off-spin on these pitches, you play for the spin and its fine if you get beaten on the outside edge if you don't follow the ball. Read Marnus's interview to Bharat Sundaresan before the series.
Also, Kohli had a control percentage of 93% in the first innings (highest of all batters).

Thats the trick to playing off-spin on these pitches, you play for the spin and its fine if you get beaten on the outside edge. Read Marnus's interview to Bharat Sundaresan before the series.
Also, Kohli had a control percentage of 93% in the first innings (highest of all batters).

Yeah, lets form our opinion based on one innings.

Sick of this Pujara guy. If the target was 150 or above, this innings would have had a detrimental effect.

It's Indian bowlers which are the difference between 2 teams, both with bat and ball.

If anything, our batting is far more pedestrian than Australia's even though we are playing at home.

Sick of this Pujara guy. If the target was 150 or above, this innings would have had a detrimental effect.
Indeed. Such a third grade batsman. Damn you 2nd division county cricket.

He doesn't own the legacy of anything. I don't owe him anything.

He's priotised and put test cricket on a pedestal when it potentially could be waining in the mid 2010's. He has given the mindset of fitness much more than any others in indian cricket.
Besides, i doubt if you represented indian cricket as a player in the era that he has played, do yourself a favour and take your pills on time

Are you watching the same match ? Apart from this one brain fade, he was quite solid.

very true but rehne de bhai - its amazing the negativity!,,, and there are times with such players that their worth and value is much more than sheer numbers. I thot in both innings here he looked awesome till he got out.

Back