India (281/5) defeat Australia (276) by 5 wickets to win the 1st ODI and gain number one position in ICC's ODI Team Rankings

Despite the stumping india would be foolish to select kl Rahul over ishan or a proper keeper as their WK.

Is short a spinner who can bat? Why so low down the order? Thought he was a TO bat.

Australia have 6 bowling options plus Smith part time.

If Tim David plays for Inglis and starc for abbot
Plus hazelwood play then Australia would be complete.

India need siraj, prasidh, kuldeep axar? Perhaps sundar to be a complete team. Both teams look ominously strong.

Pakistan at full strength and Lanka will be the other 2 contenders.

Has the wicket been doing much for the fast bowlers? Has there been much turn?
Just started tuning in. Curious to see how the pitch holds up

Ashwin was very good post the rain break . Flighting the ball and consistently beating the bat .

His first spell was to fast

Has the wicket been doing much for the fast bowlers? Has there been much turn?
Just started tuning in. Curious to see how the pitch holds up
Slow low bouncy wicket. Pitch is flat. Very hot conditions. Pacers have done well. I dint really see too much help for spin. Occasional turn.

The match has resumed after the rain delay in Mohali. Australia score read at 187/5 in 40 overs with Marcus Stoinis 0(0) and Josh Inglis 14(23) standing unbeaten at the crease. Earlier, Ravichandran Ashwin finally took his first wicket as he removed Marnus Labuschagne for 39. It was his first wicket in the ODI format since 2022. Cameron Green Run out on 31(52)

India bowlers are eye some more wickets, in order to get an upper hand in the game.

Australia looking to score around 300 .this is slow pitch wo anything above 270 is winning score

Shami looks way more dangerous when he bowls 136,-142. Below 136 he doesn't look as good.

Won't mind 280 to chase on this wicket to be honest.

I'd open with Kishan and Gill. Gaikwad is not even in the squad so I don't see the point of giving him any game time.

Marnus Labuschagne plays a reverse sweep but does not get the connection on it, the ball hits the pads of KL Rahul and goes on to hit the stumps.

1695383225208.png
1695383249254.png

Won't mind 280 to chase on this wicket to be honest.

I'd open with Kishan and Gill. Gaikwad is not even in the squad so I don't see the point of giving him any game time.
Kishan is not gonna open as he is getting the role for middle over .but yes agree Rituraj should have not selected

Bowling his last over. He is still bowling at 142 kph. This is why Shami is a warrior. Even in Tests late in the day he would clock 140 plus.

Shami strikes, Matthew Short 2(4) ct Suryakumar Yadav b Mohammad Shami, Australia 254/8 48.2

Bowling his last over. He is still bowling at 142 kph. This is why Shami is a warrior. Even in Tests late in the day he would clock 140 plus.
Very very good bowler. Siraj is the top dog right now. But shami when he bowls 135 - 141 he looks a class bowler. As good as any in the modern era.

Impressed with Indian bowling unit. Probably up there with Australia and England.

Why do Indians think thakur is a good player to have? In tests he has performed well above expectations surprisingly I admit however in odi he has been very poor. Is it cause of his Supposed batting ability? I don't see that either.

Why do Indians think thakur is a good player to have? In tests he has performed well above expectations surprisingly I admit however in odi he has been very poor. Is it cause of his Supposed batting ability? I don't see that either.
His Odi record is also very good unfortunately.

Gill
Rohit
King
Iyer/ Kishan
Rahul
Pandya
Jadeja
Kuldeep
Shami
Siraj
Bumrah
Tail is a bit poor in batting but looks very strong overall as a team. Australia india and Pakistan are favourites. Australia and India are obviously better.

I believe Sri Lanka will make it over England. Sa bowling in spin looks poor.

89 in the last 10, 46 in the last 5 and Australia finish with 276 at the end of 50 overs. David Warner the only batter to go past 50. 5-fer for M. Shami

If you see his record, almost 1.4 wickets per match, avg below 30. So not very bad. Agree usually he looks bad :D

Back