India [332 & 106/2] beat Australia [300 & 137] by 8 wickets in the fourth Test, win series 2-1

Wonder if Rahul was told ,u better get decent low scores and not single digits.6 consecutive 50s

End of a fabulous home season for us. Couldn't have asked for more. Played on all kinds of pitches - turning tracks, flat tracks, tracks with bounce , even a seaming pitch and did equally well.

Now begins the next big challenge to improve on our away performances. SA will be the first big test of character away from home.

Thank you BCCI for taking test cricket to newer centers and smaller towns.

This was a great test match series, one of the best in the last few years. No limited over series has the drama and the context of a competitive test match series. I was cheering for the underdog, but India played an excellent game and deservedly won the series.

An India vs Pakistan series in India would be epic. It hurts me that it cannot happen.

[MENTION=142737]Drreddymd[/MENTION] and [MENTION=138295]EliteCynical[/MENTION] - I know you quoted me on the other thread which is closed now.

Without going into a detailed answer for every point raised, I think you and Elitecynical may be a bit unaware of what's really happening.

Read this news piece that came BEFORE this series started: http://www.espncricinfo.com/ranji-trophy-2016-17/content/story/1073655.html

Also reg the Manjrekar interview, the answer to your question lies in the very interview itself. His problem has not been with Ash at the start of the season but Ash of now. Now take this news article, connect the dots and you will get your answer.

As for him not being able to work out the batsmen, here's Lyon's own words: http://www.cricket.com.au/news/nath...dia-spin-bowlers-third-test-ranchi/2017-03-14

Cricket is about 2 things: Plan and execution. The latter is dependent on your body regardless of how well you plan. You guys basically asking him to walk off something that either requires a LONG rest or a surgery.

I will end it here.

Did anybody catch that dig at Wade during the presentation? :91:

This was a good pitch imo,almost had everything, Aussies blew it in the 3rd innings.

[MENTION=142737]Drreddymd[/MENTION] and [MENTION=138295]EliteCynical[/MENTION] - I know you quoted me on the other thread which is closed now.

Without going into a detailed answer for every point raised, I think you and Elitecynical may be a bit unaware of what's really happening.

Read this news piece that came BEFORE this series started: http://www.espncricinfo.com/ranji-trophy-2016-17/content/story/1073655.html

Also reg the Manjrekar interview, the answer to your question lies in the very interview itself. His problem has not been with Ash at the start of the season but Ash of now. Now take this news article, connect the dots and you will get your answer.

As for him not being able to work out the batsmen, here's Lyon's own words: http://www.cricket.com.au/news/nath...dia-spin-bowlers-third-test-ranchi/2017-03-14

Cricket is about 2 things: Plan and execution. The latter is dependent on your body regardless of how well you plan. You guys basically asking him to walk off something that either requires a LONG rest or a surgery.

I will end it here.

Sif i am in no way asking for his dropping but he looks disinterested, lackadaisical in the field. If he is injured then he should take rest from ipl and recover fully. Bcci can compensate for his loss of earnings

Rahane:It was easy to score because there was bounce.

He really needs to improve his scores in Indian slow ones.

Sif i am in no way asking for his dropping but he looks disinterested, lackadaisical in the field. If he is injured then he should take rest from ipl and recover fully. Bcci can compensate for his loss of earnings

And finally Ashwin talks about his injury once the series ended:

"Yesterday was really special. The game in balance, and Umesh blasting them away," says R Ashwin. "I have been battling injuries this series, thanks to the physio and the support staff to get me up. Jaddu and I have been hand in glove all season. When we bowl in tandem, it has been great. Credit needs to be given to Jaddu, he gives me the cushion to try different things."

He has to pull out of IPL. If he plays in IPL, let's curse him brother. He deserves the criticism.

But what he did for the nation in this state is not small.

By the end of the series, he could hardly bend and yet he delivered the knockout spells without which we can't say if we would have won the series.

And finally Ashwin talks about his injury once the series ended:

He has to pull out of IPL. If he plays in IPL, let's curse him brother. He deserves the criticism.

But what he did for the nation in this state is not small.

By the end of the series, he could hardly bend and yet he delivered the knockout spells without which we can't say if we would have won the series.

I know sif he has been phenomenal for team india and i am not downplaying any of his achievements.

If i sounded too harsh on him then i can clearly say on u r response i will give him the benefit of doubt

India got the test mace back along with 1 million dollars as a reward for it

I know sif he has been phenomenal for team india and i am not downplaying any of his achievements.

If i sounded too harsh on him then i can clearly say on u r response i will give him the benefit of doubt

No I am not saying you downplayed his achievements. You didn't.

You have concerns about his game on flatties and his current performance.

I am explaining about current performance. As far as flatties are concerned, this season must have been eye opening for him. He has some deficiencies that he has to sort out.

End of a fabulous home season for us. Couldn't have asked for more. Played on all kinds of pitches - turning tracks, flat tracks, tracks with bounce , even a seaming pitch and did equally well.

Now begins the next big challenge to improve on our away performances. SA will be the first big test of character away from home.

Thank you BCCI for taking test cricket to newer centers and smaller towns.

India showed the heart of a champion coming back from being 0-1 down, and first innings lead conceded in the second Test. Even this Test, at points it seemed that Australia would run away with it (like 150-1 after the first session) but India always fought back like a champion.

Lol Aussies are awful

and shows he awful we are considering we lost 3-0 to them and their side is horrible

Good win for India

2-1 to India. We are no longer undisputed no.1 after this series imo. Australia have pushed us very hard here. Hopefully once Kohli/Ash sort their niggles out and get plenty of rest, we wil be prepared for our overseas cycle.

This one has to be one of the best win, on a wicket that's best Aussies can find to their likings in Asia. Besides, the match was won through two factors that had been Aussies own strength - fast, hostile new ball bowling & resilient late order batting. I think, this match was won on 3rd morning - a lead of 32 for Aussies was quite possible & the context would have been totally different.

OZ are also looking quite strong and settled apart from a couple of positions.

Renshaw
Warner
Smith
Handscomb

Wade
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon/Bird
Cummins

Jackson Bird is underrated. In fact they can play four quicks if necessary and their top 4 are settled as well. Wade too has contributed OK with the bat. Looks like a world class team in the making. A lot of PPers who think India have been exposed couldn't be more wrong. Australia simply have found a strong lineup after the debacles against SL and SA at home.

Well done India , Aussie's gave a tough fight despite being the visiting team and that deserves credit.

Kuldeep, Umesh , Jadeja and Rahul announced themselves quite well. Good on these guys !

Ashwin deserves a well deserved rest and rehabilitation . With Jadeja / Mishra / Kuldeep and Jayant - Indian spin bowling would be quite well placed

Saw the highlights of the 2nd innings , never thought I'd say this for Indian Pace bowling but they were fire ! Damn Yadav and Kumar lit it up

OZ are also looking quite strong and settled apart from a couple of positions.

Renshaw
Warner
Smith
Handscomb

Wade
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon/Bird
Cummins

Jackson Bird is underrated. In fact they can play four quicks if necessary and their top 4 are settled as well. Wade too has contributed OK with the bat. Looks like a world class team in the making. A lot of PPers who think India have been exposed couldn't be more wrong. Australia simply have found a strong lineup after the debacles against SL and SA at home.
Exactly, when u are playing non stop cricket u are bound to get fatigue, so it was an off colour performance, coming to Australia, mark stoinis can certainly strengthen them, even shaun marsh showed a lot of application,so it is a solid lineup

This one has to be one of the best win, on a wicket that's best Aussies can find to their likings in Asia. Besides, the match was won through two factors that had been Aussies own strength - fast, hostile new ball bowling & resilient late order batting. I think, this match was won on 3rd morning - a lead of 32 for Aussies was quite possible & the context would have been totally different.

Jadeja played the defining role here, absolute clutch player for us in home tests!

Back