India [332 & 106/2] beat Australia [300 & 137] by 8 wickets in the fourth Test, win series 2-1

Ashwin all over Wade.

Had to bowl a touch fuller.

When he did, edged and 4.

Stunning bowling.

Cmon. Ash and Jaddu do it for India.

What sought of total at the very least you guys reckon would give AUS a chance on this wicket?

What sought of total at the very least you guys reckon would give AUS a chance on this wicket?

Even 100 will make it a hard work, but may get it after losing 5 to 6 wickets with some heartbreaks!
150 is going to be extremely tough (because of the batting line up & the form of players!) Chasing 200+ will be a miracle for this Indian team against this Australian team on this pitch. 250+ should be 100% Australia's match!

Can't deceive umpires these days by keeping bat behind pad and then claim to have offered a shot.

Would have been out in any case.

Last edited:
Having said that, India are doing well here... Need to keep it below 100 (target) to be on total safer side!

Maxwell gone, so that's that. The tail won't add more than 20/30 between so India chasing around 100 max.

120 - Chaseable.

150 - Can swing either ways but India ahead.

180 - Can swing either ways but Aus ahead

200 - Aus win.

Why are these games in India during the weekdays :mv cricinfo and PP are me friend but can't watch it online. Fantastic series, credit to both teams for making it entertaining

Why are these games in India during the weekdays :mv cricinfo and PP are me friend but can't watch it online. Fantastic series, credit to both teams for making it entertaining

I was wondering the same.

Probably cos IPL starts in 10 days maybe.

The Australian late order will try to score runs now, because there is no other way now for them. So Ashwin & Jadeja should get smarter now and just bowl it tight and not leak runs!

Maxwell gone, so that's that. The tail won't add more than 20/30 between so India chasing around 100 max.

Booooo! AUS deserve a ton of credit for the way they have played, never expected this much fight from them in India, would have thought ENG were capable of such a performance

Booooo! AUS deserve a ton of credit for the way they have played, never expected this much fight from them in India, would have thought ENG were capable of such a performance

Aus shot themselves in the foot with that dropped catch from Renshaw last night. Had that been taken, it would have been Aus with a 30 run lead and this series would be in their hands.

Renshaw dropped the match and series.

Aus shot themselves in the foot with that dropped catch from Renshaw last night. Had that been taken, it would have been Aus with a 30 run lead and this series would be in their hands.

Yeah.

Which is exactly why I don't blame Saha for slow batting.

The 3 most incredible series post 2000.

2001 - India vs Aus in India

2005 - Eng vs Aus in Eng

2017 - India vs Aus in India

What's the common denominator?

Aus.

They fight hard.

I was wondering the same.

Probably cos IPL starts in 10 days maybe.

Lol..It started on Saturday.

No mattet how you schedule it 3 days of play is going to be on week days.

But yeah it can be scheduled in such a way that last 2 days falls on Sat.Sun. Buy you never know.. You get result in 3-4 days these days in India.

Lol..It started on Saturday.

No mattet how you schedule it 3 days of play is going to be on week days.

But yeah it can be scheduled in such a way that last 2 days falls on Sat.Sun. Buy you never know.. You get result in 3-4 days these days in India.

But you always plan to make sure Day 3 and Day 4 are on weekends.

Not Day 1 and 2.

It's amazing how 30 runs is what will separate the teams when it's all said and done, but AUS should take a bow regardless; they are the spirit champions for their showing. India are actually doing well thanks to Rahane's shrewd captaincy, the team is better of without the motorway king :yk2

Something has to give.

Would give away a single though, and have Ashwin at Wade and Jadeja at Cummins, or bring Kuldeep on at Cummins.

Love test cricket, that fight for every run, even though it may only come every couple overs makes the game so fascinating.

The 3 most incredible series post 2000.

2001 - India vs Aus in India

2005 - Eng vs Aus in Eng

2017 - India vs Aus in India

What's the common denominator?

Aus.

They fight hard.

2005 Ashes is the greatest I've ever witnessed outside Pakistan's tour of India in 04/05:faf, cricket in England reached the popularity of football if not surpassed it for the series duration; every ground was a sell out and the atmosphere incredibly surreal, the cricket lived up to the hype and there were so many amazing wrestlemania like moments like Flintoff consoling the defeated Bret Lee, iconic stuff :mv

2005 is the greatest I've ever witnessed outside Pakistan's tour of India in 04/05, cricket in England reached the popularity of football if not surpassed it for the series duration; every ground was a sell out and the atmosphere incredibly surreal, the cricket lived up to the hype and there were so many amazing wrestlemania like moments like Flintoff consoling the defeated Bret Lee, iconic stuff :mv

2005 was something else.

Ok, enough of blocking. There is no chance for a draw so better play your shots.

I don't think there is any point in defense. Australia can't defend for 2 days. Need to score some quick runs, Possibly bat until first session of Day 4.

India should not worry about the wicket, keep drying the runs. Aussies will commit the mistake.

Pitch is not that bad.

If you block enough, bowlers will lose rhythm and you will gain confidence.

If runs are hard to score, block and wait is a decent strategy to see whats what.

2005 Ashes is the greatest I've ever witnessed outside Pakistan's tour of India in 04/05:faf, cricket in England reached the popularity of football if not surpassed it for the series duration; every ground was a sell out and the atmosphere incredibly surreal, the cricket lived up to the hype and there were so many amazing wrestlemania like moments like Flintoff consoling the defeated Bret Lee, iconic stuff :mv

That was because it was on free to air tv.

The reason for not bring Kuldeep on is because of leaking runs! But now its the ideal time to bring him on before the lead catches even more (120+)

Pitch is not that bad.

If you block enough, bowlers will lose rhythm and you will gain confidence.

If runs are hard to score, block and wait is a decent strategy to see whats what.

On the contrary i think this is not the pitch to block. You need to try and score as many runs as possible while you are out there rather than blocking it because any ball can have your name on it. Its quite a tricky pitch at this moment.

On the contrary i think this is not the pitch to block. You need to try and score as many runs as possible while you are out there rather than blocking it because any ball can have your name on it. Its quite a tricky pitch at this moment.

Ideally yes but what if you are getting out when playing shots.

So Aus are trying to block and see if there is any opening.

That was because it was on free to air tv.

That played a role but were it not for the quality of cricket being played and the star power in the line ups it wouldn't have reached those heights, plus the same free to air fans had been a part of all the past ashes disappointments and really blew up when their team began to compete with an atg side. A shame it's not on channel 4 anymore, sky is such a damn rip off but no denying how good their coverage is

Come on AUS get to 100 dammit make it interesting! psychological edge and all :yk

Rahane can continue be in the Test Team for his slip catching and finishing up of home test-season, overseas approaching :))

And that's why Pat's gone

Whenever Aus pull themselves back into the game ever so slightly, India strike.

89-7 effectively, and I can't see Aus getting the 50/60 more they need to make it competitive.

Wade needs to do something at somepoint. Can't block at at a SR of 12 for another 2 days.

Looks like this series is going to be over rated big time.

It's been good but nowhere near as good are some making it out to be.

Australia destroyed India in the first Test and the third was played on a horrible wicket.

Aus-SA in SA with an on fire Johnson was far better to watch.

Jadeja the most accurate bowler of the decade in the era of modern batsmen!

Looks like this series is going to be over rated big time.

It's been good but nowhere near as good are some making it out to be.

Australia destroyed India in the first Test and the third was played on a horrible wicket.

Aus-SA in SA with an on fire Johnson was far better to watch.

First there were complains of India in the series, and now the series itself is blamed!

Umesh v2 somehow gives the confidence that India could atleast draw the next sa & aus series, we need ATG ishant to turn up, shami is right handed zahir these days.

Last edited:
First there were complains of India in the series, and now the series itself is blamed!
Just calling out BS.

As a neutral, aside from patches here and there, the series hasn't been that special. Sure the Aussies surprised everyone with their fight, still don't think it was so good that you'd put it above others. Results have been quite one sided.

Last edited:
Not sure the pitch is very bad. Poor batting effort from Aus really. End of term kind of performance.

Saha to Hazlewood, no run, full, on off, defended back to him
Saha to Wade, 1 run, short of a length, on off, drops this into the leg side for a single. One ball for Hazlewood to defend
Saha to Wade, 2 runs, sweeps this hard, gets a couple square of deep midwicket
Saha to Wade, SIX, down the wicket again, makes room this time, and lofts this over cover for a six. Wade playing to the plan. Defend till nine-down and then hit
Saha to Wade, no run, down the wicket, pushes it to cover
Saha to Wade, no run, slog-sweeps one to deep midwicket. Turns down the single

India bowling well and the pitch is difficult to bat on.

Its not that difficult. Yes some balls misbehaving, but no extravagant turn. Bounce is still decent. And its not slowed down. India bowling well, but Australia playing into India's hands by blocking themselves into submission.

100 - psychological advantage! (I think Australia will definitely pick at least 4 to 5 Indian wickets)

What rubbish from Ashwin. He shouldn't be anywhere near the team with this fitness.

Back