India [332 & 106/2] beat Australia [300 & 137] by 8 wickets in the fourth Test, win series 2-1

Cummins is phenomenal. Beautiful bowling, batsmen lucky to survive thus far.

I think Jaddu is doing a good job surviving...good increase in temperment from his early days !

Terrible no DRS, atleast it should be allowed to go up and check for out.

Sometimes not having a shot for the bouncer is actually great.

You can duck with conviction which is what Saha is doing.

Lyon is bowling a bit too short here. Easy for batsmen to adjust to spin and bounce and also precludes the possibility of lbw.

Last edited:
Did Erasmus signal inside edge?And after that too Aussies went for the review :/

btw...aussies havent got a single review right since the brainfade...coincidence?

and what was erasmus doing?

Jaddu has over taken Ash in bowling rankings and looks like will overtake him in allrounder ranking as well now.

I havent seen a more development of career than Sir had...from the initial days to now...what a growth !

Pat cummins is back !

Jadeja has redeemed as an alrounder! He is the man (alrounder) India was looking for (not any others!) Watch out now for next 3-4 years! (Always knew he had potential! Was sick of him actually so far!)

India needed more from Jadeja. Should have been looking at a 50 run lead minimum.

But, I suppose thats what you get from Jaddu.

Jadeja played a nothing shot. Cummins and Australia have taken two key wickets by well timed use of verbals.

Domino effect.. Looked like we could get a substantial lead, and then they all fall down..

Australia are back on top now. Thanks for the 5 wide by the way.

Saha was as guilty as Pujara was - not scoring enough on a lively pitch ...India will have to be content with 25-30 lead in the place of 50-75 lead. Aus have to be restricted to under 225 at the most....it is still an open match..

This has been such a fantastic series. Test Cricket at it's best.

Domino effect.. Looked like we could get a substantial lead, and then they all fall down..

Australia are back on top now. Thanks for the 5 wide by the way.

Aus are NOT on top now. You could say they are slightly ahead at best.

Do you want our win chances to be 90% to consider Aus to not be on top?

Saha was as guilty as Pujara was - not scoring enough on a lively pitch ...India will have to be content with 25-30 lead in the place of 50-75 lead. Aus have to be restricted to under 225 at the most....it is still an open match..

That gutsy knock allowed us to be in the game.

A few cracking shots and out would have seen us concede a 60-70 run lead, match and series.

Sir has regained his batting form!!!

Love his celebration

Actually, for the past many series, Jadeja has been hitting the ball better than anyone in Indian team (for me it started in England, when he took on Broad and Anderson). He just comes to the crease and keeps smashing those valuable 40s and 50s.

Wow such small aims Indian batsmen have ,from 6 to 9 down in a jiffy.

The momentum is with the Aussies, and the fact that we are batting last with just 5 batsmen puts them in the driver's seat. Thats just my opinion. You dont have to agree with it.

I have some hopes on the Yadav's btw... I feel somehow these two can get us to 350... :shezzy

That gutsy knock allowed us to be in the game.

A few cracking shots and out would have seen us concede a 60-70 run lead, match and series.

On this pitch just like it was in Bangalore it was important to take advantage of loose balls, one may say there weren't many and I am totally disappointed in the fact that having judged the pace of the wicket both Pujara and Saha should've taken advantage of, not to speak of Rahul brainfade. Also, Okeefe is given too much respect in this series - as for Lyon, off spinners always troubled India. So I am not discounting his effort, but he has not taken advantage of his stay at the wicket. By the way, early days though, Kuldeep looks like an 8 or 9, definitely not 11.

The momentum is with the Aussies, and the fact that we are batting last with just 5 batsmen puts them in the driver's seat. Thats just my opinion. You dont have to agree with it.

I have some hopes on the Yadav's btw... I feel somehow these two can get us to 350... :shezzy

Not that I am dismissing your opinion bhai.

Anyways, you do have a point.

But they ain't on top yet imho cos they would be under terrible pressure not to collapse too. If we crawl our way to 50 run lead, they would be having real sweats.

On this pitch just like it was in Bangalore it was important to take advantage of loose balls, one may say there weren't many and I am totally disappointed in the fact that having judged the pace of the wicket both Pujara and Saha should've taken advantage of, not to speak of Rahul brainfade. Also, Okeefe is given too much respect in this series - as for Lyon, off spinners always troubled India. So I am not discounting his effort, but he has not taken advantage of his stay at the wicket. By the way, early days though, Kuldeep looks like an 8 or 9, definitely not 11.

You have to look at the situation. We were 1 or 2 wickets away from conceding a lead and losing the match/series. Jaddu batted fast not bcos of any strategy but bcos thats the only way he can score runs.

Saha on the other hand can play the waiting game well.

Its all fine and dandy to say bat positively. Ashwin has been positive the whole series but what has he achieved with the bat? Not saying positive batting isn't necessary but situation and skills need to be taken into account.

If a batsman is not skillful/confident to do it, gritting it out is a good strategy too. Sometimes skillful batsmen need to curb their instincts and grit it out waiting for the bad ball.

Last edited:
This match, at the most ,will be over by tomorrow , 4th day - I will be most surprised if it does get into the 5th day.

You have to look at the situation. We were 1 or 2 wickets away from conceding a lead and losing the match/series. Jaddu batted fast not bcos of any strategy but bcos thats the only way he can score runs.

Saha on the other hand can play the waiting game well.

Its all fine and dandy to say bat positively. Ashwin has been positive the whole series but what has he achieved with the bat? Not saying positive batting isn't necessary but situation and skills need to be taken into account.

If a batsman is not skillful/confident to do it, gritting it out is a good strategy too. Sometimes skillful batsmen need to curb their instincts and grit it out waiting for the bad ball.

I have my outlook, just like you have yours.
And I may say Saha was lucky to be there in the first place, if I were to be harsh but I dont say that and I still am angry with him at that adelaide shot which cost us the match but I dont. And I do appreciate his blunting the attack. And the bonus from this match and series, Saha batting, Rahul 50+ brainfade, Kuldeep bowling - whatever might be the outcome of the match

Need to open with Yadav and Ashwin. 3 spinners should be effectively utilized (Jadeja should stick to containing, that's enough and he will even get wickets in the process). If at all Bhuvaneshwar gets to bowl he should be asked to bowl at full pace & accurate for at least 2-3 years in the spell.

I reckon we should start with 3 spinners.

Kuldeep and Ash for lefty openers.

Jaddu first change up.

Yadav second change up.

Bhuvi can be given an over or two at the start at best but I would go with all out attack upfront with spinners. If the new ball ain't creating chances, then rethink my strategy.

That is the way Ashwin and Pujara bat. The bigger problem from my point of view is Rahul and Rahane not getting big scores. They are set, they play attacking cricket.

I'd expect India to be chasing 220 ish.

That is the way Ashwin and Pujara bat. The bigger problem from my point of view is Rahul and Rahane not getting big scores. They are set, they play attacking cricket.

I'd expect India to be chasing 220 ish.

220 and we would lose the match 95%.

Australia has the upper hand right not.Any target above 200 would be out of India's reach.

Karun Nair my Malayalee Moonaa, hope you never play another test match for India again. Your pathetic fielding and your tailender contributions of 10 odd runs per inning is no longer needed..............

Karun Nair my Malayalee Moonaa, hope you never play another test match for India again. Your pathetic fielding and your tailender contributions of 10 odd runs per inning is no longer needed..............

Dont be so harsh on the lad. Remember the horrid start to his career Rahul had and look at him now. Nair is a higly rated slip fielder in domestics and Dravid had very good things to say about his batting. Cut him some slack.

Too early to pass a judgement imo . Hes actually brilliant in the slips and his batting is a lot better than what we have seen in past few innings .

The good thing about Renshaw is that unlike Warner, he plays inside the line of the ball so he misses the edge on the deliveries he is not sure about. Secondly, he plays with soft hands, so even when he gets an edge, it will die down before reaching the slips or keeper.

Back