India [332 & 106/2] beat Australia [300 & 137] by 8 wickets in the fourth Test, win series 2-1

Rahane has been mostly defensive vs Lyon so I don't understand why Smith has a deep long on and a deep midwicket.

Lyon gets another. Havent had a chance to watch as my SkyGo is playing up but it seems India can't play the spin yet again. Still some 60 or so runs shy. This pitch will only get worse so if Australia do manage a lead, they need to extend it but I'm not sure if they can.

so we lost the series to aussies at home..2-1, well played aussies..
bad form of ashwin kohli didnt help either.....

Even if india score 300 here they would be in driving seat , dont think australia would be able to score anything above 150 here in their second innings.

Will have to applaud Australia for their efforts in this entire series. England was the previous team that toured us and look at how they performed compared to what the Aussies have done so in this series. Prior to the series, most of the fans were predicting India whitewashing them.

lol pathetic batting.

Nair will fail.

Rahane will blow in Asia.

Ashwin useful only for 30 that too at times.

We are fully dependent on Vijay, Rahul, Pujara and Kohli to score runs.

Nair turned into Rohit in just 1 series. He is loose against swing and poor against quality spin bowling, definitely 1 opening for that Shreyas guy who is making some waves or someone else too...

Nair turned into Rohit in just 1 series. He is loose against swing and poor against quality spin bowling, definitely 1 opening for that Shreyas guy who is making some waves or someone else too...

I just hope they don't bring back Rohit just because Nair failed.

They need to try Shreyas next. Who are the other MO batsmen in line after Shreyas.

Also, we might need to start looking at a replacement for Vijay at some point too.

Nair looks too casual and he didnt even look disappointed after dropping the catch yesterday.

Difficult to predict who will win from here. If India get a 50 plus lead they will have the advantage. Anything less and the Australians will believe they can win the game.

I just hope they don't bring back Rohit just because Nair failed.

They need to try Shreyas next. Who are the other MO batsmen in line after Shreyas.

Also, we might need to start looking at a replacement for Vijay at some point too.

I think there is one shreyas gopal who is an all rounder, dont know if he is hardik pandya type at International level...but he could be tried I think. The worst thing to happen is that 300 karun hit in Eng series, which covered the batting weaknesses India had.
Rahane, don't know what is in his mind he looks like a zombie against any spinner. And Kohli and Ashwin failing this series affected India real bad, long season may be but no excuses for other non-performing players...

Saha and Jadeja can defend against the pace bowlers and smash the spinners and score some quick runs..hopefully

Australia will be gutted if they don't pull it off from here ..

Australia's day in and out.. their bowlers gave absolutely nothing away

Unless India can get 50 runs lead (very unlikely at this point), Australia will take this

Australia's day in and out.. their bowlers gave absolutely nothing away

Unless India can get 50 runs lead (very unlikely at this point), Australia will take this

Its Australia game from here on as India will have to bat last. Can Saha/Jadeja play a blinder? Let's hope and pray

Tomorrow's morning session will matter the most.

Right now, you can't exactly say who is ahead.

Sure, Aus are ahead cos they don't have to bat last but that advantage can quickly change if the deficit is wiped out.

But new ball is a weapon for them.

Riveting first session coming up tomorrow.

India going with only 5 batsmen will hurt us.

That too Nair sucks and Rahane simply cannot play spinners. That means India went with 3batsmen.

One of Yadav or BK should have been dropped for Iyer. India's major problem in this series have been poor batting and we weakened it further by selecting only 5 batsmen.

Ashwin/Jaddu/Kuldeep are enough to get 20 Aus wickets. So playing BK makes no sense.

If aus can pull off a win then this series should be historic for them,they almost did the impossible considering how horrible this conditions are for visiting teams especially for non asians

More over steve smith name should be enclosed on golden cages

Pathetic day for India, only a miracle can get us through the new ball, Saha and Jaddu can not play miracle innings every other day

Tomorrow's morning session will matter the most.

Right now, you can't exactly say who is ahead.

Sure, Aus are ahead cos they don't have to bat last but that advantage can quickly change if the deficit is wiped out.

But new ball is a weapon for them.

Riveting first session coming up tomorrow.

Aus as of now has one hand on the series, it takes only 1 ball to dismiss saha here, jaddu,Bk,Kuldeep all are good bats but may not last at all

Aus as of now has one hand on the series, it takes only 1 ball to dismiss saha here, jaddu,Bk,Kuldeep all are good bats but may not last at all

Lyon got some to turn a lot.

O Keefe got a few to turn. O Keefe.

We have 3 spinners to attack.

Even in test 2, all it needed was 2 balls to take out Pujara and Rahul and Aus could have completed a 10 wicket victory. But that didn't happen.

So...anything can happen.

Bhuvi, Kuldeep both are good enough to score atleast 10-15 runs and stitch up partnerships. Bhuvi has a good defence.

Aus ahead for now no doubt but a couple of decent 20-30 run partnership can change the game.

If the track takes consistent turn, 3 full time spinners could be a nightmare. This is a test of character for our team again.

Yes we could very well lose this series but all is not lost yet.

They need to get the tail out for no more than 20-30 runs and then score at least 200 with the bat. India will find it tought to chase a score around 250 in the fourth innings. Australia would want 300 to feel safe.

Both Saha and Jadeja are capable of scoring runs. So Australians are not out of the woods ..... yet !!! Lyon got the wickets but the fast bowlers set them up ..... and what do you think they told Renshaw ??? Legs too wide open in 1st slip to react quickly.

Indians have been extremely negative with their batting so far. Their was no intent to score runs.

There's still Bhuvi and Kuldeep to come and both of those guys can bat a bit in the longest format of the game. I think India will get a lead of 20-30 runs but I don't think that will be enough. From a platform of 100/1 and 150/2 they should have done much better.

India v Australia | 4th Test

If India are to win this, it's the lower-order that's batting right now and the tail to come that'll have to play a major part. If India bundle out even with 20-run lead, it's Australia`s game for me. However, a long partnership here or a handy contribution here from anyone and Australia will run out of gas.

There's still Bhuvi and Kuldeep to come and both of those guys can bat a bit in the longest format of the game. I think India will get a lead of 20-30 runs but I don't think that will be enough. From a platform of 100/1 and 150/2 they should have done much better.

Problem is tail starts from Rahane.

The only real batsmen are Vijay, Rahul and Pujara. The rest are passengers. Hence we will always be 100/1 or 150/2 only to be 250/7.

The two late wickets really set India back and may end up losing me 50 bucks :facepalm:

This game is even. For India to win they need to play till lunch and keep Australia from batting. Who knows what will happen.

Say what you may, but you have to hand it to the Indians for this Dharmasala Cricket Ground ..... yessss !!!!! An absolutely fabulous place to play and watch Cricket !!!! Where can you see players, in short sleeved shirts, with snow capped Himalayan Range in the back drop ????? Every touring Team must insist on playing at least One match at Dharmasala ..... yessss !!!!! Unfortunately, not too many locals have showed up for the Test Match, which at present, is poised quite evenly ..... I think. What does it take to reduce the price of admission to attract fans ??? So may the Best Team wins.

There is no interest in Test Cricket. I hope it dies a dignified death. Old man's cricket has no place in the modern economy.

There is no interest in Test Cricket. I hope it dies a dignified death. Old man's cricket has no place in the modern economy.

Just because you are not interested doesn't mean there is no interest.

Looks like you are a Hard Core T/20 fan. What you don't even realize that T/20 matches are designed for the Players and the Owners ..... they give you a falls sense of belonging to a local Team, whose players don't care who they are playing for as long as their pockets are stuffed. Both the Players and the owners are laughing their rear end off ..... all the way to the Bank !!!!!

I just follow cricket, T20, ODI and TEST are cricket.

Little bit test but mostly T20. Got burned out by Tests. Day 5 in the stands is a nightmare. It got really boring and I am talking about some exciting teams playing.

Nair has been quite dissappointing , tbh he's playing against one of the strongest teams as well. Does deserve another series but Rahane needs to step up.

Little bit test but mostly T20. Got burned out by Tests. Day 5 in the stands is a nightmare. It got really boring and I am talking about some exciting teams playing.

It is boring. Test cricket seems interesting when you compile stats from cricinfo. In real life it's as boring as it gets.

It is boring. Test cricket seems interesting when you compile stats from cricinfo. In real life it's as boring as it gets.

I completely agree.I dont know how many people have spend 5 days in the stands. It is boring. Very boring.

India v Australia | 4th Test | Dharamsala | Mar 25-29, 2017 | Day 3

Australia 300
India 248/6 (91.0 ov)

Smh.... Though fights are equal from both side (means equally weak), I am not finding this whole series interesting enough. Or is it just me?

Smh.... Though fights are equal from both side (means equally weak), I am not finding this whole series interesting enough. Or is it just me?

Just you buddy....

this has been the best test series since ages....very even

Back