India lost the final of ICC World Cup 2023, but I am still proud of this Indian team

It does.

Think about it. If you have 1.4 billion people who are mostly interested in cricket only, as cricket is the top sport in the nation, it means you have intense competition for professional teams and from all the pro cricketers in the nation, you cannot produce 11 who can win major tournaments against the likes of australia, population of 26 million, where cricket is not even the only sports and the interest in the game is divided between other sports. Besides, they dont have the same amount of money that India has. I think the population and overall interest a sports has in the nation has a huge huge imapct on the success of the nation. Look at US, and its dominance of basketball and baseball over the years.

its simple probability really.

India may be populous but it ain't a rich country, per capital spent on sports would be miniscule compared to the countries proficient in sports. Well who am I telling, i doubt you would understand such things but lemme give it a last shot. If population size and it's interest level could determine wold champions then since 1975 every final should have been between India and Pakistan.

India may be populous but it ain't a rich country, per capital spent on sports would be miniscule compared to the countries proficient in sports. Well who am I telling, i doubt you would understand such things but lemme give it a last shot. If population size and it's interest level could determine wold champions then since 1975 every final should have been between India and Pakistan.
Thats my point: you are just proving it. We have a huge population in the subcontinent but our professionalism and lack of efficiency is what is holding us from reaching the heights we should reach.

But more to the point, anything before the 90s should not count because the sport was not commercialized and did not involve the money that it does now prior to the 90s. In fact I would even say 2000 because thats when the Indians started exploiting their position in world cricket and became a financial power house.

But Pakistan does not have the same amount of money India has. You need proper structure in place for your huge sports crazy population to truly take advantage of and pakistan and bangladesh dont have it. India does. so I think its more a failure for the Indians to actually make a dent in the sports.

Nothing to feel disheartened for.

Australia played better cricket in finals and won the tournament. We were the second best team nevertheless and way ahead of South Africa, New Zealand, Pakistan, England and rest.

It does.

Think about it. If you have 1.4 billion people who are mostly interested in cricket only, as cricket is the top sport in the nation, it means you have intense competition for professional teams and from all the pro cricketers in the nation, you cannot produce 11 who can win major tournaments against the likes of australia, population of 26 million, where cricket is not even the only sports and the interest in the game is divided between other sports. Besides, they dont have the same amount of money that India has. I think the population and overall interest a sports has in the nation has a huge huge imapct on the success of the nation. Look at US, and its dominance of basketball and baseball over the years.

its simple probability really.
I see you seem to understand probability. Then can you say which has more probability for a captain during a coin toss: Losing 10 times in a row, winning 10 times in a row, or losing 5 and winning 5 ( in any order) ?

Player are already there after Rohit and Virat . Jaiswal ,Rituraj Gill,pant ( will comeback soon ) will be batting pillars for India team for next decade .
Yes, the Pipeline looks great & I am pretty sure all these young guns will settle dowm within next couple of years. But even as an outsider I can assure you Rohit & Kohli will never be replaced properly. It's impossible to recover easily after losing arguably the two most impactful & prolific loi run scorers at the same time. The void will be massive & Ind will feel the absence of these two for a long long period. The last time Ind had two similar same generation prolific odi run makers were Sachin & Sourav. The different was both didn't retire at the same time. Sachin was given the long rope whereas Sourav was gradually phased away. Also by the time both had retired their replacements were more than ready (Gambhir, Kohli). Who are the guys BCCI have prepared to gracefully replace Kohli /Rohit? Is it Gill, isn't he already replacing Dhawan? Iyer, Kishan? But they seem to filling the void of Dhoni, Yuvraj, Raina. Jaiswal is way too young & raw to lace such massive boots. With Rohit, Kohli, Shami & Jadeja potentially out of picture within next few years Ind will find it tougher than normal to establish a settled unit.

Nothing to feel disheartened for.

Australia played better cricket in finals and won the tournament. We were the second best team nevertheless and way ahead of South Africa, New Zealand, Pakistan, England and rest.
Who was your match ka mujrim? :inti

People on here talk like Pakistan compile the rankings, the ICC do its black and white, but it’s not the individual players fault if you don’t rate them in the first place
Pakistan don't compile the rankings but they can control the amount of trash-talking they do.

For months, Pakistani fans peddled the narrative that King Babar is the best ODI batsman in the world, Pakistan is the number 1 ODI team in the world (a sentiment echoed by Pakistani players themselves) and Pakistani fast bowlers are best this and that and India cannot play Shaheen ('they cannot play him').

It all blew into pieces at the World Cup. The reality is the following:

1. There are 2-3 better ODI batsmen than Babar in every major team
2. Pakistan is, at best, 5th or 6th best ODI team in the world
3. Pakistani pace attack, with our without Naseem Shah, is one of the worst in the world

Sure you want to make such statements now? Nobody thought we could replace the Tendulkar's, Sehwag's and the Dhoni's.

On the other hand PAK are still searching for their W &W replacement since 2003.

India is not Australia that they can push for trophies at every tournament. They had their chances in last decade now I'd imagine they'll struggle to make finals without Rohit, Kohli and Shami.

India is not Australia that they can push for trophies at every tournament. They had their chances in last decade now I'd imagine they'll struggle to make finals without Rohit, Kohli and Shami.

India has managed to consistently churn out players though and we won a Test series in Australia without Kohli, Shami or Rohit playing any major part.

To say that we won't produce players is a very poor understanding of the state of Indian cricket. We will produce players of a high quality going forward.

I would worry about the non Big 3 nations much more to be honest.

An unknown ticket collector in 2004 later won us world cup in 2011and ended our 28 years drought...so we will rise but i never expect so soon .it may take another 2 or 3 world cups...but i bet none of the subcontinent teams will never win like australia and gain supremacy over the world cup history

India has managed to consistently churn out players though and we won a Test series in Australia without Kohli, Shami or Rohit playing any major part.

To say that we won't produce players is a very poor understanding of the state of Indian cricket. We will produce players of a high quality going forward.

I would worry about the non Big 3 nations much more to be honest.

Of course you'll produce players but Rohit, Kohli, Bumrah. These guys are once in a lifetime players.

India absolutely demolished every team including Australia in the group stages all the way up to the Semis.

One bad does not take away anything from the greatness and quality of cricketers that India got in their squad. But sport is such that no one remembers how the tournament went. They only remember the champions. It was Australia that outplayed India when it mattered the most.

I am still proud of this Indian team and their excellence in this WC edition. (y)

Extremely proud of the team's performance.

And ignoring the noise coming from the Western border is the thing to do. The rivals will try to belittle since their own team is in the dumps.

India played like champions but sadly it wasn't meant to be.

I'm really disappointed with the outcome. Missed all the parties and treats. Was looking forward to my Indian friends opening up their wallets

One thing to be really proud of is the barber who put fake hair on Jay Shah's original head. Silk.

An unknown ticket collector in 2004 later won us world cup in 2011and ended our 28 years drought...so we will rise but i never expect so soon .it may take another 2 or 3 world cups...but i bet none of the subcontinent teams will never win like australia and gain supremacy over the world cup history

He only got the job as a ticket collector because he was playing Ranji Trophy. This is like saying Ajantha Mendis was a soldier who won Lanka Asia Cup, he played for Army team, he was not a soldier. Mahi played state junior cricket early as 1999. He is also 1 year older than his listed age.

India played like champions but sadly it wasn't meant to be.

I'm really disappointed with the outcome. Missed all the parties and treats. Was looking forward to my Indian friends opening up their wallets
They did not play like Champions. Champions always prevail during the most required time. We have lost so many finals, T20 finals and WTC finals lol.

There is never one match ka mujrim. This team failed all together, they went clueless when opposition attacked and surrendered far too early. They didn't had a backup plan.
Ok but why were most fans blaming only Dhoni in the last world cup? :inti

He only got the job as a ticket collector because he was playing Ranji Trophy. This is like saying Ajantha Mendis was a soldier who won Lanka Asia Cup, he played for Army team, he was not a soldier. Mahi played state junior cricket early as 1999. He is also 1 year older than his listed age.
how u know he is 1 year older than shown as real age

I’m proud of the process than the team, It shows we take losing very seriously.

1.5 billion people behind you, backed by trillions dollar economy, backed by a $100 billion cricket industry, backed by Bollywood, backed by your local pitches, the best ever Indian bowling attack and still failed to win the WC at home.

Country of India and Indian Cricket Team ko Chullooo main paani daal ke Sharam se doob ke mar jaana chahiye
Hanji what is the current situation .

@Major how is the Josh?

Hanji what is the current situation .

@Major how is the Josh?
India is a good team, but they should have won 2023 world cup just saying.

I'm an aussie fan but I was suprised at how one sided it was.

You guys curated everything + Are the richest board and have the largest talent pool?

Yes Australia technically gets more money then India due to Population size, so factoring that in their money is in excess where India is breaking even,

But it's not just icc money, it's also IPL which boasts the profits to stupidity.

With so much stuff going on, India should have been classic Australia levels by now, but they still are not their yet.

Their the best team but they don't give the vibes of being unbeatable outside their curated video game pitch home den.

India is a good team, but they should have won 2023 world cup just saying.

I'm an aussie fan but I was suprised at how one sided it was.

You guys curated everything + Are the richest board and have the largest talent pool?

Yes Australia technically gets more money then India due to Population size, so factoring that in their money is in excess where India is breaking even,

But it's not just icc money, it's also IPL which boasts the profits to stupidity.

With so much stuff going on, India should have been classic Australia levels by now, but they still are not their yet.

Their the best team but they don't give the vibes of being unbeatable outside their curated video game pitch home den.
Australia play Better cricket on that say so they rightly deserved but india also Play outstanding cricket that why I said " Im proud of indian cricket team".

Indian cricket system is so strong that they will always be one of the best teams going forward.

Now we end they ICC trophy drought so plenty of trophy yet to comes becouse of strong system .

Same cant said about Pakistan

Australia play Better cricket on that say so they rightly deserved but india also Play outstanding cricket that why I said " Im proud of indian cricket team".

Indian cricket system is so strong that they will always be one of the best teams going forward.

Now we end they ICC trophy drought so plenty of trophy yet to comes becouse of strong system .

Same cant said about Pakistan
Pakistani fans like me like to meme our own team.

I enjoy Australian cricket and have been supporting them alot so it hurts to see them lose.

I only watch Pakistan cricket for the lolz cause it's funny.

I'm can't wait for November though. I swear if Australia loses a single game to pakistan even if they send a c team ill cry. Australia pei koi mazzaq nahi hai.

So

Haha this is cricket thread not sure how you bring Olympic suddenly.

Koi ni dard samaj sakte h :ROFLMAO:
it could be any thread, you asked about the josh and sorry to burst your bubble the josh of the country is still high after that olympic gold.

i dont think you would understand though..... hai jo nahi

it could be any thread, you asked about the josh and sorry to burst your bubble the josh of the country is still high after that olympic gold.

i dont think you would understand though..... hai jo nahi

Take it easy , I know being a Pakistan cricket fan's it taught time right now as they are losing left, right.

Enjoy the meltdown. All is well :misbah

Back