India v Australia, 2nd Test 17/10/08 Mohali

Random Aussie

Senior Test Player
Runs
90 minutes to go.

Siddle to debut for Australia in place of Clark.

Some doubts on Kumble but I think he will play.

Please keep me informed of Lee's, Johnson's, Bollinger's speeds today incase the Aussie's bowl first. I sincerely hope Lee cranks it up to 155 km/hr today.

India have won the toss and will bat first. Kumble ain't playing, so Dhoni is the captain for this match.

India is batting, that's a good sign, won't have to witness Katich first up!

India have cheated to win the toss and will bat.

Amit Mishra in for Kumble, what is with this Indian crew? Thought Chawla might get a run considering he pwned us the warm up game.

nah , mishra has been more impressive lately os this was expected ....though i think chawla is a better test bowler !

Random Aussie said:
India have cheated to win the toss and will bat.

Amit Mishra in for Kumble, what is with this Indian crew? Thought Chawla might get a run considering he pwned us the warm up game.
We felt Amit Mishra would do it for Australia. :11:

Dhoni needs to prove his worth in tests both as player & captain

hmmn .. india opted for another leggie instead of a third pacer.

pitch report anyone ?

Dhoni said the pitch looks dry & will assist spin more than B'lore ..I guess by the 3rd or 4th day !

Gambhir still plays backfoot to full length stuff. Its only a matter of time i Guess before he fails.

Siddle's first ball in test cricket bang into Gambhir's Head

Great first over from Lee.....not

Siddle endears himself to Australians by clocking Gambhir in the head first ball. :D

Keep me informed on the speeds. Will greatly appreciate it.

jusarrived said:
Thanks to T20 rr of 5 will bcom a norm in near future .
Naa. the pitch is offering assistance. Australians are taking chances. Both Gambhir and sehwag are best rbw in India.

looks a very good batting pitch right now .. good carry though to the batsman .. little lateral movement .. india should get a very big score.

Good start by Siddle, seemingly no nerves. Better start by India though, could be 500 at lunch. Looks good for batting.

Lee is ramping up on pace. 147 last one. Siddle was 142 max. Lee starts getting dangerous once he crosses 150

bones20 said:
Lee is ramping up on pace. 147 last one. Siddle was 142 max. Lee starts getting dangerous once he crosses 150

Good to hear. He has to put in some serious effort in India. This is the only way he will be more threatening.

I fail to see how this Siddle guy is any better than Bracken .. huge mistake leaving him out.

Australians have a specific plan for sehwag. Either short in his ribs or give him to flash through gully

bones20 said:
Australians have a specific plan for sehwag. Either short in his ribs or give him to flash through gully

no wonder his SR is down to 100 :p

If India do well in the first session, Australian will be in the field for a LONG LONG time :))

kashif77 said:
I fail to see how this Siddle guy is any better than Bracken .. huge mistake leaving him out.

Bracken? No chance. No good with the red ball. Will never play Test cricket for Australia again.

Australian plan is similar to that of SA. Sooner or later, something will have to give.

i liked what i saw of Siddle , no doubt a better test bowler than Bracken ...!

bones20 said:
this guy is a good bowler. Better the clark IMO

Yeah he looks the goods eh?

Lee leaking runs everywhere.

Would take Katich till lunch to score 35 runs :batman:

The way this pitch is playing, i suspect another draw is pretty much on the cards.

I think Ponting listened to the Indians about negative tactics :D good job ponting. this will up your PR :))

bones20 said:
Australians will love batting on this wicket.

if we score 450+ here , the pressure will be on them so it wont be easy..n don't forget they will be batting last on this pitch ....!

Funny thing is as soon as India lose a wicket their run rate will drop to zero and undo all this work.

jusarrived said:
if we score 450+ here , the pressure will be on them so it wont be easy..n don't forget they will be batting last on this pitch ....!
we will have a hard time getting them out in the first innings though. its a beauty of a wicket.

Random Aussie said:
Funny thing is as soon as India lose a wicket their run rate will drop to zero and undo all this work.
you are wrong. it will go negative if sehwag gets out. Dravid is a virus which soon spread to the batsman at the other end .

Mitchell Jhonson just bowled at 92.5 mph which was thrashed for 4 by Sehwag.

Well Savak, Lee has been bowling 90 +mph, so has MJ.

Siddle is bowling up to 87mph.

And we are getting smashed all over the field. Your argument not looking so good right now.

Random Aussie said:
Well Savak, Lee has been bowling 90 +mph, so has MJ.

Siddle is bowling up to 87mph.

And we are getting smashed all over the field. Your argument not looking so good right now.
They pitching up. wonder why they are not sticking to their usual plan of line and length and tire the batsman. Indian batsman cant be given the confidence of playing on the front foot.

surpsing thing is that inspite of pitching up, no swing for them. they need to change the mint.

Siddle up to 87.8mph - I didn't know he was that quick.

Will be 90mph bowler as well then, he is only 23. :D

We are going real well when our most economical and accurate bowler so far is the "shock selection" making his debut after all of 12 first class games. :pissed:

Aus should just put the field back and wait for India to declare. No one is getting out on this wicket for the first 2-3 days.

Back