India v Pakistan | 3rd ODI | Kanpur| 11/11/07 [Pak Inngs]

butt wisely takes a single to keep the tailender .. woops i mean other "opener" off strike.

So 24 off first 2, and then none off the third. Excellent control!

smoothcriminal said:
I'm just puzzled as to why they thought of Afridi opening in the first place?
pretty sure it's because Afridi told them he wanted to.

I think afridi wants to vent some anger and that may be good for pakistan ...

$1 on butt century

smoothcriminal said:
I'm just puzzled as to why they thought of Afridi opening in the first place?

Which part of 45 ball 100 do you not understand?

Afridi loves all the attention he gets with the special fields and everything!

Once again.

Afridi does the exact same thing again. The EXACT way I imagined him getting out. He can't keep his cool.

i knew it.. it was on the cards.. he was out to take out his anger but play a match

And Afridi gone without too much damage. This is bad. We really needed him down the order.

stupid decision to open with Afridi.

kablooee87 said:
pretty sure it's because Afridi told them he wanted to.

that's a friggen poor reason ...

that should be captains and coaches decision ...

and there goes afridi .. well done malik !

Hash said:
Completely agreed, if anything it should ahve been done last match. But the last match should have shown how useful he is down the order. Now if it was Akmal in Afridi's situation last ODI we would have gotten pwned, and that may just happen.

having afridi open was such a horrid decision, it made playing Rehman look like a stroke a genius ...

the same couple of boundries could have decided the game in the last few overs ...

Don't expect younis to do anything for next 3 games ..... Law of Averages works great with this guy.

I am relying on Butt/Yousaf/Misbah/Malik

malik's "brilliance" is killing us - wow .. i can't believe i'm saying this .. but inzi was a much better captain than this.

kablooee87 said:
Once again Pakistan will depend heavily on Younis/Yousuf.
Should they play to consolidate anothe poor start - or just slog out and look good and give me some 4s/6s to upload (wont last long - but will look good?)

I can BET that Afridi opened simply because he himself asked to do it. And he asked to do it because he wanted to be the hero again. Now we have to chase with one less asset in the late overs.

Wonderful pull from Salman for 4! He needs to play a big one today.

shaa!!! my link went down :(...any1 know any media player links (not requiring tvu or sop)..watching this on campus computers so cant download anything...

iZeeshan said:
Completely agreed, if anything it should ahve been done last match. But the last match should have shown how useful he is down the order. Now if it was Akmal in Afridi's situation last ODI we would have gotten pwned, and that may just happen.

well Kamran Akmal is a FAR better batsman than Afridi so I'm not too worried about that.

i loved the look on Butt's face after that FOUR ...

he didn't even attempt to move ... let alone run ...

Good for Him ...

Butt ... bhai i have $1 riding on you ... do something here

Shocking shot selection by Afridi - head in the air bat all over the place - playing down the wrong line.

That was a stroke of a clueless tailender

stevewittry said:
Come on Afridi ... Get another 100 ... I'm backing you.
heh? its been about 5 minutes since Afridi got out...or are you mocking someone?

kashif77 said:
no .. the failure would be from our sh** for brains captain.

afridi was doing just fine down the order and butt was holding up the top quite well.

no need for afridi to open .. no matter what the result here.

:12: :12: :12: :12:

I hope sense prevails now and there is a pertnership..Akmal will have to do an Afridi in the late middle order

smoothcriminal said:
GET IT NOW DOUCHE?

Doesnt change the fact the last time he opened here he made 100. And thats why he opened. Apply the few braincells you have. :10:

Hash said:
Pak will never try to find a proper opening partnership. Always playing part timers.

Younis plays a cracking straight drive! 4

Oxy said:
Should they play to consolidate anothe poor start - or just slog out and look good and give me some 4s/6s to upload (wont last long - but will look good?)
Let me put it this way: I'm glad Younis and Yousuf don't know about PP. Because I don't want them seeing all the impatient, short-sighted, dimwitted fans bitching and moaning about the run rat when they are really consilidating and putting the team in a winning positing.

Meanwhile, Younis with a straight drive for 4. Class.

Oxy said:
Shocking shot selection by Afridi - head in the air bat all over the place - playing down the wrong line.

shocking decision by malik to to open with him !!

overlord said:
i loved the look on Butt's face after that FOUR ...

he didn't even attempt to move ... let alone run ...

Good for Him ...

Butt ... bhai i have $1 riding on you ... do something here
Only a dollar?

Btw, a beauty straight drive from Younis for 4.

36-1

Oxy said:

seriously..ball ko dekh kar to maarta

Butt seems to be doing quite well.......... i hope he can convert this time and hopefully YK doesnt get him runout

kashif77 said:
shocking decision by malik to to open with him !!
Malik had nothing to do with it. I'm sure Afridi demanded to open and Malik didn't have the guts to tell him no.

What are the odds on Crucifier requesting Afridis innings of 12 in HD quality :)

Back