India v Pakistan | 3rd ODI | Kanpur| 11/11/07 [Pak Inngs]

PAK 62/1 in 7 overs

This is such a good start that Pakistan would not have to sweat about RR if they can solidly bat out the 50 overs.

You can hear a pin drop in the stadium now. :)

Maybe it was a sly move to open with Afridi knowing he'll get out in few overs. After getting Freedi - India seem to think the game is over!

iafzal said:
Can we say Afridi is Pathan's bunny now?
Afridi can't be anyone's bunny since he is never dismissed to a good ball. Not only that, you never know when he's gonna get out, if you know what I mean.

Crashing & FLashing drive off the infield - another 4 for Butt!

Take that wow ! SB smashes another 4 - square cut.

zaheer khan hammered for 4 first ball lol..his confidence is low as it is.spinners to do well now ..game is slipping for india

Shot of the day from Butt!

Another for to the legside

we'll have 4 more thank you.

Drifting onto his pads. Pulled away.

Butt is in amazing form, let's just hope and pray that he gets his fifty and go for a big score.

Man is this Indian bowling, pitches or something else...Butt looks a much better batsmen when he tries to play positively!

If Afridi had the numbers Butt has today, we would have beastly threads for days.

Dhoni still looking calm. Excellent stuff. Much better than Dravid, who was almost in tears and biting his nails during the Afridi blitz last time in Kanpur.

Rameez starts with his jinxing

"The way Pakistan has started, they will win easily"

It's time for Salman Butt to actually convert a knock though. Keep going boy!

It scares me that the umpire had to think so long about that apeal. The contact was WAY outside off stump.

rp singh is bowling crap and so is zaheer.its all too easy for pak at the moment.spinners might come on any time now

I would imagine Indian spinners hold the key in this game.

slowing down ... why?

Keep going at the 9 RPO for next 10 overs .... cooooooooooomon

Is it me or is Younus look like he is not getting ont he front foot. Seems like he is kinda stuck and just trying to smash it staright/

Pakistan making full use of powerplays and pacers.

Even if spinners do come on, they just have to be taken away for single. RRR is only 5.36!

OH CRAP! Wicket. YK gone.

But am glad with the way Pak is going. They should win on a platter. I strongly support Pak because am bitterly disappointed with the way Sreesanth and couple of other guys demonstrated unsportsman like behaviour.

Come on Younis Khan .... Give it back !!!

I can imagine all the Indians will be calling that an awesom delivery, but it was a straight ball that Younis simply misread.

And nowleaves it and is bowled. Poor stuff from a batsmen of his calribre.

Khan must realize that his primary role is to bat through...He has already played a couple stupid shot thus far...

Do not throw away your wicket when you are in good form!

Yousuf has to play anchor today. Lots of time, and the RRR isn't 8.

told you so .... younis will waste this start as usual ... especially now that the law of averages will catch up with him after that nearly extint species he gets called 100s

the true passionist said:
Khan must realize that his primary role is to bat through...He has already played a couple stupid shot thus far...

Do not throw away your wicket when you are in good form!

while i was typing that....

Now Butt is REALLY import. He's gotta hit a mjor 100 or Malik has gotta show up to the party today.

Nevertheless, huge wicket for Indians.

Yousuf needs to stay there, i dont care if he plays slow. He has to stay there.

Scoring should be easier of the spinners.

stevewittry said:
But am glad with the way Pak is going. They should win on a platter. I strongly support Pak because am bitterly disappointed with the way Sreesanth and couple of other guys demonstrated unsportsman like behaviour.

Come on Younis Khan .... Give it back !!!

Dude..get over it..there is no need to be bitterly disappointed.

Back