India v Pakistan | 3rd ODI | Kanpur| 11/11/07 [Pak Inngs]

iZeeshan

Senior Test Player
Runs
So, its 295 to win. A lot more then we thought it would be!

Commentators make it out to be hard, but its a batting pitch right? Something interesting to follow!

Will we see Afridi open? Everyone remembers his Kanpur massacre!

looks very hard.....I have no hope that Pak will chase 300 twice in a row.

Will need the openers to fire this inning.

And no, Afridi needs to stay where he was in the second ODI.

I mean what are the chances of another big inning like that? More likely it will be an early wicket that hurts our chances.

It's gonna be tough.

But if it's gonna happen, it'll be because Pakistan kept their cool. Not anything else.

Shahid Afridi should NOT open. Butt and Akmal need to go out there and give us a decent start. Shahid Afridi opening would be a typical example of Pakistan NOT keeping their cool and letting the huge total get to them.

Umair99 said:
looks very hard.....I have no hope that pak will chase 300 twice in a row.

true.......... it happens only 1 out of 10 times for pakistan and chances of it happening back to back are slim to none!!

though...... i do remember the report from the curtor and he said they have made a batting track so i am not sure if the pitch is going to be helpful to us or not!!

Umair99 said:

but we are not chasing 300, we are chasing 295

Umair99 said:
Why do you pak fans goota be so negative before Pak even begins thier batting?

PlanetPakistan said:
About 50 runs too many folks! Very tough task.

agree we let them get 50 runs too many. This is chasable provided we get a good start and have wickets in hand for the last 20 overs.

Ian Gould gave Yuvraj not out early on when the ball was hitting the middle of middle stump. That horrific and horrendous decision has hurt us today.

Zechariah said:
Why do you pak fans goota be so negative before Pak even begins thier batting?
he's right though... two big chases in a row... it doesn't happen often...

ajk88 said:
but if we hit six when the scores are level... that would be 301...

but that would be our score, that isn't how much we are chasing. We only ned 295.

Hash said:
but that would be our score, that isn't how much we are chasing. We only ned 295.
ok Mr. can't go along with what the other guy is saying! :p

Hash said:
but we might as well have chased 300... so there! :D

there are 1 in 20 chances that afridi will score over 40~ (made up stat)

so basically, we are looking for a failure ...

look forward to 10/2 ...

overlord said:
disappointed in Afridi opening
it's mindboggling after the last ODI

just because his last innings here... that's like lightning striking twice!

Sending Afridi to open? BIG MISTAKE. why'd they do that when they chased 320 last time with the old line up

first ball 4 and the misses the ball.. i think he is mad and not playing with his brain

Hash said:
agree we let them get 50 runs too many. This is chasable provided we get a good start and have wickets in hand for the last 20 overs.

Ian Gould gave Yuvraj not out early on when the ball was hitting the middle of middle stump. That horrific and horrendous decision has hurt us today.
And what of the "horrific and horrendous" decision that YK got in favor of him in the second match ?? :) I guess that didn't cost india the match, eh ? ;)

These things happen in cricket and just hope Pakistan batsmen and their leader dont think in the way you are at the moment :) Coz if they do, they most definitely will have a very negative start to the chase ...

inside edge to the keeper .... except it bounced

afridi not looking in a mAture mood ...

failure all the way on cards here for fridi

smoothcriminal said:
Sending Afridi to open? BIG MISTAKE. why'd they do that when they chased 320 last time with the old line up

he just came to take out his anger doesn't mater we lose or win(according to afridi) :(

Problem is Karthik. We dont have left handers and we dont play left arm spinners well.
Our spinners were sent to cleaners and we have to repay the compliment by going after theirs. Kathik will be the key.
Looks pretty hard though.

overlord said:
inside edge to the keeper .... except it bounced

afridi not looking in a mAture mood ...

failure all the way on cards here for fridi

no .. the failure would be from our sh** for brains captain.

afridi was doing just fine down the order and butt was holding up the top quite well.

no need for afridi to open .. no matter what the result here.

afridi going after everything .... we know how that usually turns out

kashif77 said:
no .. the failure would be from our sh** for brains captain.

afridi was doing just fine down the order and butt was holding up the top quite well.

no need for afridi to open .. no matter what the result here.
I am sure u wont say the same if he hits 50 off 25

the logic and thinking of our team and captian is unexplainable!!!!........ where do they get these ideas from!!

OOOooooooooooooooooo boy .... looks as if Butt is all set to go back ...

Play and a Miss

smart to use irfan against afridi ... his change of pace will trouble afridi.

iZeeshan said:
I am sure u wont say the same if he hits 50 off 25
Well, no *****, but what will you being saying if he gets bowled next ball?

a second edge ...

so long as they come ....butt is a walking wicket against outswing anyways ... might as well cash it in.

Yuvraj saves a 4 on the last ball. That would've been real damaging.

Irfan said "bahenchod"! :)))

Shoulda been four but excelletn fielding.

yuvi saved 3 runs.. very very good fielding by yuvi.. keep on attacking pakistan...

Back