India v Pakistan | 3rd ODI | Kanpur| 11/11/07 [Pak Inngs]

iZeeshan said:
Only a dollar?

Btw, a beauty straight drive from Younis for 4.

36-1

well i made the bet with myself here ... I really think that butt can get a hundred here but his facial expressions are off a complecent man.

Like Hayden, except he dosen't have 1/3rd the skill or expirience of the former.

Hopefully, he will come back to senses, play a solid innings and score a 100!

Afridi opening the innings ... The stage is set for another Afridi blitzerg. I am betting on another 100.

Indian fielding already saved more runs than Pakistans misfields cost

Saqib - you are making me jealous with all that technology yuou have at your disposal!!!

kablooee87 said:
Malik had nothing to do with it. I'm sure Afridi demanded to open and Malik didn't have the guts to tell him no.

What makes you so certain...?!!!

ajk88 said:
THE SR WAS 171... AMAZING INNING
Beastly.

Seriously, the thing that makes me mad is that Afridi has gotten out to that same bowler, with that exact ball, playing that exact shot several times. It's not that he can't learn, it's that he refuses to learn. He wants to be the hero once in a while, and if that means costing the team matches the rest of the time, oh well.

Opening with Afridi may have just lost us the game. Now, I am not saying we are going to lose, but if we do, it may come down to that.

How much is Afridi batting on now ? Unfortunately cricinfo is not working for me. How many 6s have been hit ?

Ahmad said:
Because it's obvious. The minutes India had a big score on the cards, you just knew Afridi felt he had the justification to open.

kablooee87 said:
Beastly.

Seriously, the thing that makes me mad is that Afridi has gotten out to that same bowler, with that exact ball, playing that exact shot several times. It's not that he can't learn, it's that he refuses to learn. He wants to be the hero once in a while, and if that means costing the team matches the rest of the time, oh well.
So true. It's dejavu. He'll never change.

Another good one straight down the ground from Younis for 4. Moving along nicely.

stevewittry said:
How much is Afridi batting on now ? Unfortunately cricinfo is not working for me. How many 6s have been hit ?

he's hit 60 from 10 balls .. at this rate game should be over in about 30 minutes.

iZeeshan said:
Opening with Afridi may have just lost us the game. Now, I am not saying we are going to lose, but if we do, it may come down to that.

Here goes... the starting of the wrist slitting.. We're in for another long chase, whether we make it or not, it'll be painful with the slitting.

stevewittry said:
He's on 45 off 9.

I hate the BOOM BOOM. Its the fans that get to his head.

Should be more like:

BOOM BOOM goes KABOOM

Ahmad said:

Malik hasnt shown ANY leadership qualities to date - Afridi has a very strong personality.

He would have gobbled Malik up!

Butt is starting to look more and more comfortable. Younis looked that way to start with.

kablooee87 said:
Beastly.

and why can't our management learn that he is, always has been and always will be a crap opener.

he was batting decently down the order this series ... why the hell did malik have to move him up ?

Ahmad said:
Here goes... the starting of the wrist slitting.. We're in for another long chase, whether we make it or not, it'll be painful with the slitting.
Didn't I explicitly say I don't think we are going to lose ?

Looks like younis has carried his form into this match. He doesnt usually hit alot of boundaries at the start of his innings.

Butt looking very assured. T20 is a dim & distant memory for him.

YK: SR on 100

Oxy said:
Malik hasnt shown ANY leadership qualities to date - Afridi has a very strong personality.

and there lies the root problem.

yea he did ... he took out the second slip even after Younis asked him not to ...

the very next ball went through that area

afridi was the right decision at top of the order because karman akmal is out of form anyway.it now comes down to how well they cope with the spinners.advnatage pakistan so far

Oxy said:

and there lies the root problem.

Oxy said:

Much as I wish Malik would have the guts to say no, I don't really blame him for caving because he knows Afridi is an intergral part of the team and you have to keep him happy.

If he was a real leader would have the guts to say no AND command the respect to keep Afridi from throwing a fit.

Irfan should be taken off now.. his mission accomplished!!! Now to Zaheer..

Some of the worst fielding I have ever seen by an international team - in the last 2 deliveries. Hilarious stuff

Indians making up for all the brilliant work the field

just handed over 8 runs

Exquisite timing from Butt's bat today.

Looking very good

iZeeshan said:
Didn't I explicitly say I don't think we are going to lose ?

Yes, but why start the if-we-lose and blame game? There'll be plenty of time to analyze where we went wrong if that happens. Lets back the team here.

iZeeshan said:
Opening with Afridi may have just lost us the game.

Ever heard of a thing called optimism. Its good you should try it.

We are 54/1

Another 4444 by younis. Kanpur massacre could still be on.....

Oxy said:
Exquisite timing from Butt's bat today.

Looking very good
Let's not jynx it uncle Oxy!

Another superbly timed drive from Khan for 4!

11 Fours so far ...

Younis and Butt finally making use of the conditions ... something pakistanis haven't done for a while

Sparhawk said:
Ever heard of a thing called optimism. Its good you should try it.

We are 54/1

Another 4444 by younis. Kanpur massacre could still be on.....
You just ignored the second half of my post. How is that fair?

4 more to the flashing blade of YK. Back foot drive through point.

Classy shot

4 bucks say Younis has gotten a start ... and now he will spoil it ... or throw it away

Sweet timing from YK - 4 boundaries in that over

62-1 off 7 overs

Wow, boundaries bleeding, in Rameez's word, brilliant shots flowing thru YK's bat!

Back