India v Sri Lanka | Compaq Cup Final | Colombo | 14/9/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagle Eyes said:
Did the Indians paid the Sri Lankans? Why Mathews and Kulsekara the best bowlers in the match didn't bowl?

I think sanga might have been doing some lines of coke in his room last night.

Kriketer said:
you sure? I always thought it was other way around.
Yep. He has an average of 99(would be more now after this kncok) when India won finals. So India wins when he scores

Can't say .... It all depends on the Start given by Jaya / Dilshan .. The Target is achievable

dani2k said:
I like this score. If the Lankans can score 307 on a two paced pitch batting first, we can better it. Go India!

Don't think it is possible to restrict Lanka under our score (<169 in the last match) given our famous bowling line up starting with the super fast Delhi express Nehra! I will be happy with just a win.

Spot on.........

SL can win this - remember how flat the track was where Pakistan put up 270 or so and still lost?

And so it looks as if it'll happen again.........a good thrashing from you in the game that doesnt matter......and a good thrashing against you when it does.

Dilshan starting to explode in 2nd over.............. SL 10/0 in 2 overs

There goes Dilmah-chai-wala - consecutive boundaries

Ashishishshi beginning to cave under presure

This Cricinfo commentator suffers from regular bouts of verbal diarrhoea

"Sharma to Dilshan, FOUR, Violent thump! Whaddaplayaaa! He pressed on the front foot and crashed the length delivery on the up and through extra cover "

As expect Dilshan has come out all guns blazing!

Poison said:
This Cricinfo commentator suffers from regular bouts of verbal diarrhoea

"Sharma to Dilshan, FOUR, Violent thump! Whaddaplayaaa! He pressed on the front foot and crashed the length delivery on the up and through extra cover "

Isnt he the guy that made his debut for SL today? :ibutt

WHY THE HELL IS IT THAT WHENEVER I FIRST TUNE IN TO A MATCH, A WICKET ALWAYS FALLS!

blame mohsin........

we need to arrange to keep him away from his tv during the CT!

Omar Malik said:
Hasan, You can arrange that!

lol yeah, basically i'll have to keep him away during pakistans innings, then when we're bowling he can watch as much as he wants :D

Who are these strange men, clad in black who have randomly congregated outside my house loitering?? :42:

Mohsin said:
Who are these strange men, clad in black who have randomly congregated outside my house loitering?? :42:

:)) whoever they were...they couldnt get to you in time...harbhajans got another wicket...

god i hate watching this arrogant pompous little pr!ck, isnt there any other matches on today?

Harbhajan Singh to Jayawardene, OUT

DPMD Jayawardene c & b Harbhajan Singh 1 (5b 0x4 0x6) SR: 20.00

Harbhajan has struck again! What a gem of a spell this is turning out to be. Again scrambled seam, over spin on the doosra on the middle stump line, Mahela is lured into a waft to the on side and gets a leading edge back down the pitch. Harbhajan screams in delight; his team-mates too clear their throats.

Sanath is gone too
Pathan to Jayasuriya, OUT, The big man is gone. The off spinners are doing it for India. In style. Jayasuriya tries to swing the flighted delivery from outside off to the leg side but is beaten in flight and top-edges it to mid-on. It triggers off the celebration routine: Scream in joy

Jaya gone.............. skies one up........ caught by nehra.....bowled by yusuf
Now sangakkara & thusara?! will try and consolidate

If SL hold there wickets then it is possible for them to chase down the total as they aren't doing bad

* Sri Lanka RR 7.64
* Last 5 ovs 40/2 RR 8.00
* Required RR 5.91
* India RR 6.38

im getting mohsin-itis now, i just tuned back in and sharma gets a wicket...right im out of here.

Thilan is gone

Sharma to Thushara, OUT, Ishant, who leaked runs with the newer ball, tastes his first success. It landed back of length on the middle and straightened to go past the attempted across-the-line slog and crash into the middle stump. Four down and wobbling.

T Thushara b Sharma 15 (14b 3x4 0x6) SR: 107.14

Six by Mathews!!!

Sharma to Mathews, SIX, Wow! A stunning straight six. After being bounced at, couple of balls earlier, he moved down the track and thumped through the line of the delivery. Up and over she flew.

I hate to say this but seems like Lankans are trying hard to loose this match. They had it in their grasp when the first wicket fell. I mean playing positvie is one thing but playing wrecklessly is another.

Malinga 10 overs and 1-81

But this has to be exciting to watch with Y Pathan, Yuvi and Raina bowling. Yes the objective is to win and then people complain about ODIs. It has got to be pitches other than 7 match ODI series

Well you can say what ever you want about SL, but they are a better team than India at the moment. India were blown away for 168 the other night, while SL have already posted 177 runs in only 26+ overs and that chasing a big total under the lights.
Had SL played a bit more sensible they could have been in even better position.

Lols the most stragnest ways of getting out!!!
Poor Sanga deserved that!

bat slipped out of his hand and went up in the air onto the wickets? That comes close to beating inzi falling on his stumps against england.

Cricinfo just used 'OMG!' in their text commentary...have they resorted to hiring kids or something now?

IAJ said:
Well you can say what ever you want about SL, but they are a better team than India at the moment. India were blown away for 168 the other night, while SL have already posted 177 runs in only 26+ overs and that chasing a big total under the lights.
Had SL played a bit more sensible they could have been in even better position.

thats a pretty sad post , feel sorry for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back