India vs Australia | 3rd Test | Mohali | 17/3/13 | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia will be ruing why they haven't taken the new a little earlier!

This match is now shaping up to be a potential classic. Please god please god make it so :59:

Sir jadeja missed his triple century only by 292 runs:|

Last edited:
Starc is bowling really well post lunch. Seems to be in a very nice rhythm.

If Australia can get Kohli and the tail, perhaps there is a chance for 'game on' ??

Given Pup's attacking captaining tendencies, I would not be surprised if Warner & co. come out blazing - if Australia bat today ........

This team is collapsing in a heap all too often. They will be exposed big time in SA.

Class written all over that shot of Ashwin

Edit: He too perishes cheaply :facepalm:

Last edited:
I hope Australia gets only <100 lead, That would really make the match interesting.

Good bowling by Aus. I am sure if Ind does not get too big a lead then Aus is going to score quickly. Game will be on.

Kohli needs to play as if he has only till tea to play.should go on all out attack,no point of tuk tuking

Interesting to read different perspectives on the match... Only if Day 1 hadn't been washed out! But result is still possible here. Australia will fancy themselves watching how Siddle and Starc bolwed with the new ball

Yaar kohli hit the f*** out or get out!!please no re-incarnations of misbah!

Yep! Still two more innings need to be played. If he wastes the new ball, it's only going to get difficult when the spinners are on

Yep! Still two more innings need to be played. If he wastes the new ball, it's only going to get difficult when the spinners are on

True I hope he goes on a rampage!ideally we should finish off our innings in the session and on the way collect how many ever runs we can!

What a match this woulda been without the washed out day. A result appears possible even with 4 playing days. India should try to hit out or get out and make the match interesting. If India waste 25 odd overs without scoring the match would be a dull draw. A lead of 100 could be very handy, but India is probably not looking at more than 50.

The chances of Australia winning the match is bleak. They will have to take a big risk if they want to win, like declaring at 250 odd off 60 overs, leaving India to make 200 odd in two sessions. India on the other hand have a better chance if they can bowl out Aus in less than 60 overs. Draw appears the favourite though, at the moment.

Is this the same wicket we played on yesterday. What happened to it.

Yaar kohli hit out or get out!!please no re-incarnations of misbah!

I have no problem with India going for a draw. That will allow them to win the series. They have earned the right to do what they want after winning the first two.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no problem with India going for a draw. That will allow them to win the series. They have earned the right to do what they want after winning the first two.

But I think most indian fans do mind!u guys whitewashed us 3 times in the past!we should return the favour atleast once:p

Dhoni's prolly looking for 100-120 lead with one hour to go to stumps. No point in declaring now.. Aussies will happily play knowing they're safe

13 mins to tea break. Not many runs scored. Its better MSD does a Pup ala declaring the innings (But unfortunately, MSD is no Pup )

Two very bizarre sessions for India today which appears to have virtually killed any possibility of a result :facepalm:

VVS is so fun to listen to with his totally unbiased child like commentary (was bagging Steve smith's bowling and captaincy of Pup to continue bowling him) :))

BTW, VVS did the same to MSD during Chennai test (on Bhajji being not used well)

@Tea Break we are leading OZs by 71 runs

50 from Kohli :14: (would have loved it had he scored it bit quicker though)

31 overs left in the day,we will probably lose 2 overs if we get bowled out or declare today.so in 29 overs bat for 13-14 overs and get the lead upto 150 say and then have a crack at the Aussies.

Shows they aren't confident enough of skittling Aus in the second innings. They would have pressed for a win had they continued to score at 4 RPO in the morning.

Who are 'they'? Disgusting that Dhoni learned nothing from Dravid's captaincy.

Match is slowly getting petered out with this tuk tuk approach by our batters.

Shastri bot is so pathetic to listen to. I can bear VVS's commnetary anyday over this cliche ridden BCCI muppet :facepalm:

Don't think ishant or Ojha will stay long at the crease with the bat

Last edited:
100 run lead we will take that. We need these lazy overpaid overrated underperforming shltkicker batsmen to start showing us what it means to play for Australia though.

As i was expecting, Ojha's stay at the crease was too short.

Siddle gets 5fer :14:

91 runs lead for us

Last edited:
I blame Tendulkar for the collapse.

Looked like a nice little ball by Smith, a little bit of drift, some spin, some bounce. He bowls a lot of rubbish around it but that was one good ball.

Siddle 5fer. Not the most talented bowler but huge heart. Got two of them bowling across the seam which was interesting.

Very Tough chance at slip cordon

Warner Gone

bhuvi has started well :)

Last edited:
Absolutely no respect for the wicket or the bowler or the conditions. Worst shot ever

Cowan is in some sort of form, need to get him out quickly before he scores yet another balls consuming 50.

Looked like a nice little ball by Smith, a little bit of drift, some spin, some bounce. He bowls a lot of rubbish around it but that was one good ball.

Siddle 5fer. Not the most talented bowler but huge heart. Got two of them bowling across the seam which was interesting.

I agree.
But tuk tuking was taken too far by him specially when Vijay was also sedate at the other end. Seen that before.

in the last few games, Ishant bowled better to lefties when he came around the wicket. May be he should try it early.

Maybe Clarke has told them to have a go so he can set a target tomorrow? It's the only (remote) hope to stay in the series.

They seem to be swinging at everything.

That's it Hughesy. Lash yourself back into form son.

Kohli need to control his emotion or else we will be having too many overthrows like the last one.

it looks like Fast bowlers are just canon fodder against Hughes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back