India vs Holland | Group B | WC' 11 | Delhi | 09/03/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good commitment this from holland. Their fielding is inspirational.

Superb shots from Kohi, this guy truly brings sense of calm

aand he's gone.

nazar lag gyi meri :p

Last edited:
Earlier Suni Gavaskar was saying: "India want to finish this quickly, go home take a shower and eat some nice dinner"

to Sehwag "Sehwag wants to finish this easy game quickly he has 2 kids to attend to"

Honestly man what the hell is this? This is cricket not some circus going on! I felt like breaking my tv screen when I heard his stupid comments. Retard I hate him so much!.

This particular case of careless batting reminds me a lot of our batting vs canada and new zealand . Losing early wickets and suddenly the middle order comes under pressure.

This group will look so so tough now if India loses, looks possible.

This particular case of careless batting reminds me a lot of our batting vs canada and new zealand . Losing early wickets and suddenly the middle order comes under pressure.

This match is just a case of idiots over-hyping them to an extent where if they make mistakes the are laughing stocks.

India should still win it pretty easily.
Gambhir, Yuvi, Dhoni, Bhaji need to contribute 90 runs--not that big a task based on talent.
India's batting lineup is solid. 5 of their batsmen are all capable of putting up big scores, and it is only if all 5 fail will they get ever themselves in trouble.

This match is just a case of idiots over-hyping them to an extent where if they make mistakes the are laughing stocks.

I was really worried,that for the first time an india match commentary thread would not be filled with comments by you.good you made it in time.

I support my team but honestly, India probably has the best team from subcontinent. SL comes very close since they have good bowlers. Their players are not affected by pressure at all.

The testing of middle order in real pressure situation for the second consecutive time may prove to be blessing in disguise before he big ones

There you go, just what I said. AUS, IND, maybe SA will fight it out to the cup based on talent.
My wish: Pak or SL..got a lot of respect of Sri Lankans. Very decent, open-minded people. Same can be said about Pak and Ind, but some always mess up and cause bad perception.

There you go, just what I said. AUS, IND, maybe SA will fight it out to the cup based on talent.
My wish: Pak or SL..got a lot of respect of Sri Lankans. Very decent, open-minded people. Same can be said about Pak and Ind, but some always mess up and cause bad perception.

Too early to say anything...

India has not performed up to their potential so far.

All it takes is one match for Indian batting to fail and they will lose miserably :shoaib

Its a one-day game. Any team can win on a particular day :kapil

I agree it's the team that plays the best on that day, but based on talent alone:
1. Sehwag
2. Tendulkar
3. Gambhir
4. Kohli
5. Yuvi
6. Dhoni
7. Yusuf Pathan
8. Bhaji

Batted overrated? lol All of these 7 or 8 players can change the game at any time. All 8 of them have to be dropped to make sure you got the game. It's their bowling that loses them their games.

Bowling: Zaheer Khan, Nehra, Bhaji. lol

btw, what happened to Dravid? He was such a class act and one of my few favorite Indian cricketers. Performer and humble at the same time.

I agree it's the team that plays the best on that day, but based on talent alone:
1. Sehwag
2. Tendulkar
3. Gambhir
4. Kohli
5. Yuvi
6. Dhoni
7. Yusuf Pathan
8. Bhaji

Batted overrated? lol All of these 7 or 8 players can change the game at any time. All 8 of them have to be dropped to make sure you got the game. It's their bowling that loses them their games.

btw, what happened to Dravid? He was such a class act and one of my few favorite Indian cricketers. Performer and humble at the same time.

India's batting is anything but overrated.

hahahahah Gambeeru out !!!! and clean bowled tooo !!!!!!!!!

Dua for Dutch vivtory !!!

India will get a very good test against South Africa, but all in all they are a very good team
capable of winning the cup

They're batting like this is an exhibition match. idiots! you're gonna lose us the match!

1. Sehwag
2. Tendulkar
3. Gambhir
4. Kohli
5. Yuvi
6. Dhoni
7. Yusuf Pathan
8. Bhaji

Strike rate not good enough for ODI cricket.
As ou have seen, India plays the most attacking brand of cricket in batting, 350 is targeted every match and players are selected keeping that in mind :afridi

it was a mistake sending in yousuf early, should have left him to the end.

its now up to dhoni to play a captains innings

Manjrekar looks like he's swallowed a fly. Smugness wiped off.

Another important aspect of Indian team: they keep their locker room situation clean. We have players that don't want to play under another certain persons. They perform in one game and their ego skyrockets. Learn from this Indian team. SRT is playing under Dhoni. Sehwag is playing under Dhoni. They don't sell out their country (for the most part, exceptions here and there). Our two W's didn't like each other and didn't care if team's performance was affected based on personal interests. Imran Khan and Javed Miandad didn't like each other because they were both too good and wanted to run the show. Now Asif and Aamer. Our captains have to deal with the youngsters and seniors in the team, and the PCB. We put out some potential but it's ruined under politics/dishonesty. So messed up.

Another important aspect of Indian team: they keep their locker room situation clean. We have players that don't want to play under another certain persons. They perform in one game and their ego skyrockets. Learn from this Indian team. SRT is playing under Dhoni. Sehwag is playing under Dhoni. They don't sell out their country (for the most part, exceptions here and there). Our two W's didn't like each other and didn't care if team's performance was affected based on personal interests. Imran Khan and Javed Miandad didn't like each other because they were both too good and wanted to run the show. Now Asif and Aamer. Our captains have to deal with the youngsters and seniors in the team, and the PCB. We put out some potential but it's ruined under politics/dishonesty. So messed up.

Is this a mega Jinxing post?

india will still win, but this is unnaceptable from them. Fair enough you can blast your way in chase of a total of less than 150, but come on holland arent that bad. Overall im sure teamst like windies atnd saffer will be licking their lips.

39 runs with 5 wickets, and Dhoni Yuvi on the crease. 'Nuff said. :)

The point is against such teams you should not give them a chance. Instead of batting like madmen Tendu and Sehwag could have batted sensibly and reached the target without losing more than 1-2 wickets.

Manjrekar has gone nuts, suggesting Yuvraj is deliberately playing slow to "build maturity". Ganguly is a much better commentator.

True, respect every opponent and don't underestimate. But really, can't blame them for wanting to go home early. :p Yusuf Pathan didn't reduce match time. If only Dhoni can speed it up a bit..

Plus they played with confidence and attacking mentality, gave upcoming players an attacking attitude. Made 66 runs combined, not bad at all. Maybe I'm judging from Pakistani perspective..

Lol India's plan to make the runs quickly backfired, now just limping across the line.

maybe they shouldnt tatke any team lightly next time.

Yes, it should be a good wake-up call. It is an outstanding batting lineup, but I think they just thought "accha, theek hai, neeche waley score bana denge" and got overconfident.

Apart from a poor showing against the W.I the dutch have been very competative in their other games.

does net run rate depend on overs left when won or by wickets.

Overs left, but honestly, they should not concern themselves with it. If they want to top the group, then beat SA and WI. Thinking about run-rate nonsense is not the champion mentality.

Try to win all your games and be ready to face whoever you are up against, run-rate be damned.

Lovely stroke by Yuvraj, a few more sensible hits like that should take us home....

4 runs to win, good sensible batting by Yuvraj and Dhoni, applying themselves when the going was a bit rough....

Now that India have qualified after this win, I can truly enjoy the next two games against WI and SA.... the group stage was more exciting than expected, but there should have been two games a day....

Really have to Admire Dhoni the captain here; he really wants Yuvraj to get his 50 so he defends 4 balls in a row.. The players that get Dhoni's backing he gives em his all....

Netherlands still diving around, good spirit shown by them, but their bowling is too weak to be a threat in this competition.....

Bang and there it is India wins and Yuvi gets his 50, should do his confidence a world of good..

Now that India have qualified after this win, I can truly enjoy the next two games against WI and SA.... the group stage was more exciting than expected, but there should have been two games a day....

That would have been a much better idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back