India vs Pakistan at the ICC T20 World Cup: What would be more acceptable to you as an India or a Pakistan fan?

What would be more acceptable to you as an India or a Pakistan fan?

• Total voters

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
What would be more satisfying for you as a fan, a big win against India but no World Cup triumph or a bad loss against India but a T20 World Cup title? Vice versa for Indians.

India Pakistan rivalry is indeed something more than just cricket. With fans becoming so emotional that sometimes they prefer a triumph over their arch rival more than the silverware glory.

So being an Indian or Pakistani, do you hold the same views or an eventual title glory is the real goal for you despite humiliation at the hand of your adversary.

Victory against India, but history suggests that we have never won a trophy without first losing to India in the group stages.

Ofcourse title win is more important any day of the week. It is more so for Indian team.

Pakistan don't have it in them to win the World T20. A win against Indi is more likely

We get this thread every year 😍

Win the worldcup even if we have to lose to India

Is this even a question?? Honestly so silly. The wc win is the eventual aim. Who cares about this arch rival victory nonsense inless its in a KO. For me its useless- you beat your arch rival in group stage but dont win the WC- what difference does it make? Bragging rights? Thats so silly

Pakistan does not have to beat India to win titles - 92/09.

Plus the only game that matters is the final, and both have beaten each other in an ICC tournament final.

I rather go for the title win than a qualifier win.

If option was a test series win against India I would take that over t20 title. But otherwise any world tournament title is better than single game or white ball series against India even.

Is this even a question?? Honestly so silly. The wc win is the eventual aim. Who cares about this arch rival victory nonsense inless its in a KO. For me its useless- you beat your arch rival in group stage but dont win the WC- what difference does it make? Bragging rights? Thats so silly
Lol... You think its Silly while your cricketers Like Raina and Harbhajan goes bonker on it and your people start breaking their TV screens.

Also if you like it so much then i wish another 10 wicket thrashing or CT 2017 fiasco for you although you may later lift the trophy then. 90 % of indians would never accept this trade off.

If we are talking about the context of this world cup than my answer would be neither

Even last year during the 2023 tournament, I knew from the onset that the best possible result would for us to have a poor tournament as that will expose Babar and his gang of 3.

Ultimately I was vindicated. Most people see through Babar and have realised that he is not the quality batsmen that he was hyped to be. Furthermore Rizwan was exposed as being nothing more than a actor who when the going gets tough runs away.

If we have another similar performance to the 2023 world cup than they will continue to be exposed furthermore and hopefully Naqvi can come to his senses and correct his first mistake of bringing Babar back as captain

With Babar and Rizwan opening,

A HUGE loss at the hands of Arch Rival, and then first round exit from the World Cup

Plus the only game that matters is the final, and both have beaten each other in an ICC tournament final.

this.

Thumping the neighbours isn't bigger than the title.

They have been thumped left right and center across bilateral series.

Nothing to gain by beating them unless we win the final.

It literally worked then @Rana

====

'Don't lose to IND, doesn't matter if you win T20 World Cup or not': Rizwan recalls Ramiz Raja's appeal to PAK in 2021​

Shaheen Afridi broke the back of the Indian batting order by taking the wickets of KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma and captain Virat Kohli, restricting the 2007 champions to 151/7. Captain Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan then ensured that Pakistan finished off the chase with more than two overs to spare without losing a single wicket. Babar finished unbeaten on 68 off 52 while Rizwan was 79 not out in 55 balls. Rizwan recalled the circumstances leading up to the match and said that then-Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).

Source: The Hindustan Times

Lol... You think its Silly while your cricketers Like Raina and Harbhajan goes bonker on it and your people start breaking their TV screens.

Also if you like it so much then i wish another 10 wicket thrashing or CT 2017 fiasco for you although you may later lift the trophy then. 90 % of indians would never accept this trade off.
This is the same mentality as Pakistani team (decade behind).

Pakistan isn't arch rival for India now. Pakistan has lowered bar so much that no one cares whether we'll win or lose against Pakistan because even if Pakistan wins, it'll be 1 out of 10.

While comparing Pakistan team to one of the big 3 and reminiscence the old times.

My advice, stop living in past. The whole world moved away from these dramas long ago.

Which is why the numerous eliminations Pakistan has suffered at the hands of India make it even more solemn: need to get to the finals first. I say for India this poll is often responded to with ‘I’ll take both’

They are just milking the hype.. get more twitter Facebook views stirring the hornet. They are ex and not current players and want maximum views. In a country of 1.5 billion- few break screens - is it a big deal honestly .

If winning the WC and losing a league game is an option- its a no brainer 100% of the time. No way 90% of ind fans wouldn't take it - that will be ridiculous- maybe like 5% at the most. Personally to me its consequential only to make it to the next stage. If you lose and still make it to the next stage- how does it matter?

I think Pakistan should get out of this mentality that if we beat India, we have won the World Cup. O bhai, win the world cup. Winning against India means nothing if you cannot win the whole thing. After all, India is just another one of your opponents you are going to face.

Expecting a massive defeat against an Indian team which I believe isn't even their best possible XI

The only chance we have is if Saim is allowed to open with Fakhar and Abrar is picked over Shadab

Expecting a massive defeat against an Indian team which I believe isn't even their best possible XI

The only chance we have is if Saim is allowed to open with Fakhar and Abrar is picked over Shadab
But the indians themselves say otherwise man
===
Sreeshant:

"I want Bumrah to bowl the first over and target the wickets of either Babar or Rizwan. You don't have much time to plan against them, you should get their wicket within the first 1 or 2 overs. If you fail to get them out within the first or second over, they'll be settled, becom destructive and thrash the entire bowling line up, then no matter what the target is , even if it is 200+, they'll thrash you all around the ground and have the capability to chase big targets all on their own. Team India knows who they have to target in the first place."

Pak only chance to beat India is to chase.

If they lose the toss, the game is virtually done

I think Pakistan should get out of this mentality that if we beat India, we have won the World Cup. O bhai, win the world cup. Winning against India means nothing if you cannot win the whole thing. After all, India is just another one of your opponents you are going to face.
Applies to Ind as well. Dont want the Ind senior washed up guys to milk this win to eternity (if they win) , get smashed in SFs and play the same tuk tuk way and continue bcose we need "experience"

Sorry but if you want a win against India more than the World Cup then you're really stupid. That's all I can say.
actually same mentality exisits even both sides of the border, ready to leave the title for just one win against each other!

Last edited:
Pakistan isn't arch rival for India now. Pakistan has lowered bar so much that no one cares whether we'll win or lose against Pakistan because even if Pakistan wins, it'll be 1 out of 10.
For Pakistan it matters a lot now as we are on the verge of elimination now so this win could just lend us few more hours in the competition.

Anyway this Pak side is not going to win the title so this wins matters a lot for them. Especially for Babar to launder his captaincy faults

For me, it will be acceptable if Pakistan gets defeated by India, but only if Pakistan fights till the last ball and shows aggression and intent during the game.

For me, it will be acceptable if Pakistan gets defeated by India, but only if Pakistan fights till the last ball and shows aggression and intent during the game.
Unfortunately our standards have gone to this low now.

Unfortunately our standards have gone to this low now.
We are at rock bottom, and this is all we have now. The pool of talent at the grassroots level is at the level of Nepal cricket. If efforts are made, then some change might come, but it will take at least 20 years.

There will a big defeat coming and also the exit from this world cup after group stage is on cards. No way this team is winning anything from ehre.

For Pakistan it matters a lot now as we are on the verge of elimination now so this win could just lend us few more hours in the competition.

Anyway this Pak side is not going to win the title so this wins matters a lot for them. Especially for Babar to launder his captaincy faults
If we win, then hope to God someone hits 10 sixes against Canada or ireland, USA ain't losing to Ireland

Win against India, as we can win one day (fluke or some miracle) but to win consistently and lift the cup is mission impossible for this team.

Back