Indian Fast Bowlers are much better than Pakistan's!

Bewal Express

ODI Star
Runs
Having seen some of the tripe served by our medium pacers and comparing that to skill levels and pace of the 2 Indians, the Indians are much better.

Yadav performs once in a while Shami is very good easily the best pacer in Asia.

Previous many series have highlighted the same thing too. As it happens more often, people will get used to this fact.

Yadav is the Indian Rahat. Bowls jaffas but mixes it up with garbage balls.

However he has been very impressive this series without much luck. One thing that haa surprised me about Shami and Yadav is that they appear quicker than what they appear on the speed gun for some reason. I don't know the reason though.

Shami (all format bowler)
Umesh (only test)
Ishant (only test)
Bhuvi (all format bowler)
Bumrah (ODI and T20)

We have a good bunch, each is good at atleast 1 or more of the following -
pace, conventional swing, reverse, yorkers and short pitch stuff.

We don't have any good backups though hence people like Dhawal, Vinay, et al. keep coming back :facepalm:

Shami is very impressive.

Bowls well considering the pitches they play on.

Umesh at times bowls some of the best spells for us but yes far from consistent.

Can't remember a single spell by Yadav that has won us a match recently.
Honestly I'll take Ishant over Yadav. Ishant produces more match winning spells.

Whereas the Indians have had the talent for the last decade, I always felt they lacked mental toughness to do anything with the talent but I get the feeling they have toughened up and are expecting to take wickets. These Ind bowlers would have bowled out NZ for less than 150 on all occasions.

Can't remember a single spell by Yadav that has won us a match recently.
Honestly I'll take Ishant over Yadav. Ishant produces more match winning spells.

When I think of Ind bowlers lacking mental toughness, I always think of Ishant, talent but no heart.

Whereas the Indians have had the talent for the last decade, I always felt they lacked mental toughness to do anything with the talent but I get the feeling they have toughened up and are expecting to take wickets. These Ind bowlers would have bowled out NZ for less than 150 on all occasions.

During our overseas tours we were able to take 20 wickets only once and guess what we only won that match at lords....so i dnt think our fast bowlers are anything special....infact i wud be happy if they are even called as average forget about being one of the bests attack .

It has been the case for years now, but our fans are extremely deluded who still see Wasim, Imran and Waqar in the rubbish we have churned out in the last few years.

Now you're just going too far. We would've done well today with the helpful conditions. But when the wicket goes flat, we don't have the bowlers to extract something out of the pitch like a Wahab does.

When I think of Ind bowlers lacking mental toughness, I always think of Ishant, talent but no heart.

There's a lack of focus as well. If they worked as hard as Kohli works on his skills they'd be much better. Eg. Yadav, Ishant can't even bowl on a consistent line and length, regularly overstep and lose control.

There use to be big gulf in fast bowling quality between India and Pakistan. Its pretty marginal now. Presently both country are over reliant on spinners to win matches.

Please.

We let McCullum score a 300 in the land where you've bundled them out for under 300 TOTAL. From a deficit of 200 runs, we let them score a lead of 400+.

Nobody comes close to us.

During our overseas tours we were able to take 20 wickets only once and guess what we only won that match at lords....so i dnt think our fast bowlers are anything special....infact i wud be happy if they are even called as average forget about being one of the bests attack .

All I can say is that at this moment in time they are better than ours.

Please.

We let McCullum score a 300 in the land where you've bundled them out for under 300 TOTAL. From a deficit of 200 runs, we let them score a lead of 400+.

Not to mention clinging onto a lucky draw after setting a 450 run target in South Africa. We take "ineptness" to a whole new level..

Funniest thread I've seen in a long time. Shami is good. Bhuvi used to be good. Ishant is average. Yadav is good but doesn't have anything to offer other than pace. Doesn't swing it, doesn't seam it. And he also loses his line and length every now and then.

The only reason Indian pacers are looking good is primarily because of Ashwin. His pressure causes teams to lose wickets to other bowling trying to release the pressure.

Even though the gap between Indian and Pakistani pacers is not large, it is delusional of anyone to think that Indian pacers are much better.

I don't think so. Pakistan are still slightly ahead because of Sohail Khan imo. But the difference between the pace attacks is rather negligible IMO. It is not even close to the likes of OZ/SA/ENG

Yadav is the Indian Rahat. Bowls jaffas but mixes it up with garbage balls.

However he has been very impressive this series without much luck. One thing that haa surprised me about Shami and Yadav is that they appear quicker than what they appear on the speed gun for some reason. I don't know the reason though.

Nah Rahat is garbage. Yadav has serious potential with his pace and skills

Shami is currently the best international fast bowler of South Asia

Nonsense, though Pak should have bundled NZ cheaper than they did that we can agree.

Technically (skills wise): India bowling > Pakistan bowling
Bowling under pressure and mentality: Pakistan bowlers > Indian bowlers

Amir has a lot of potential and so does Yadav. Shami and Wahab are at their peak. I'm not sure who is better out of bhuneswar kumar and sohail but the former swings the ball at more pace, so I would pick him over the 2.

Actually Rahat is a very skilled bowler we can swing the ball both ways. He just does not have the consistency or the heart to bowl match winning spells .

This is why I want Pakistan to give test debut to Mir Hamza. Mir Hamza can also swing the ball both ways and have the consistency and don't go for too many runs.
Lets hope Inzi Bhai listen to me :inzi

Shami is pretty good. Yadav is inconsistent and idk about the rest of the Indian pacers.

Much better is an overstatement.

They are probably around the same level with Shami being the best Asian pacer right now who can bowl well in both formats.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why many of us are in denial mode.

It's a fact that their bowlers are better, specially in favorable conditions. IND bowling would've gotten out this NZ side within 150.

They have bowlers who can take advantage of green wickets, the likes of Shami, BK -- they are masters at moving the ball.

Our bowlers are great at bowling gun barrel straight. This art has been mastered by Umar Gul, Junaid Khan, Imran Khan, Wahab Riaz.

Most of the times our "swing" bowlers can't move either, like Sohail (inconsistent, no pace), Rahat Ali and, to some extent, Amir as well.

I'm not sure why many of us are in denial mode.

It's a fact that their bowlers are better, specially in favorable conditions. IND bowling would've gotten out this NZ side within 150.

They have bowlers who can take advantage of green wickets, the likes of Shami, BK -- they are masters at moving the ball.

Our bowlers are great at bowling gun barrel straight. This art has been mastered by Umar Gul, Junaid Khan, Imran Khan, Wahab Riaz.

Most of the times our "swing" bowlers can't move either, like Sohail (inconsistent, no pace), Rahat Ali and, to some extent, Amir as well.

Well, on helpful conditions I will back Indians to do better than Pakistan due to ability to swing it and use new ball very well, but all matches are not played on that kind of surfaces. On non-helpful conditions, I think Pakistan will have an edge. Both pace attack is not very good to be honest due to inconsistency.

Indian pacers are good but the real credit goes to the spinners. It's their spinners who put pressure on the batsman who are also under the pump against the pacers to score runs and not lose their wickets.

Indian spin attack in these conditions is very effective.

Please.

The pitches and teams for the Ind-NZ series were very different.

what has he done since 2014. has he been injured i havent seen him play much.

I always see Rahat taking wickets but then I look at his average of 37 and realize I am not watching enough cricket.
He is very highly skilled (prolly best we had in that sense since asif) but total lack of discipline and consistency

2015 on wards for Shami.

11 tests - average of 28 with 30+ wickets. Indians drop many catches on pacers for some reason.

11 ODIs - average 20 with 19 wickets.

He has not played that much due to injury, but he has bowled well.

2015 on wards for Shami.

11 tests - average of 28 with 30+ wickets. Indians drop many catches on pacers for some reason.

11 ODIs - average 20 with 19 wickets.

He has not played that much due to injury, but he has bowled well.

Think he meant Bhuvi

Think he meant Bhuvi

He would have bowled really well in pitches like NZ-Pakistan series, but he has trouble on flatter pitches due to not having any pace. Recently I have seen him bowling at decent speed, but not sure if he can do it regularly.

@ Buffet yeah i meant Bhuvi

He hasn't played much to pass any judgement. One thing he can do is to move the ball both ways in helpful conditions and use the new ball very well.

OP is overreacting.

Pakistan got 40 wickets in England in 2 tests. Even in NZ, the problem has been batting and not bowling.

Over all, I still don't think so. Indian pacers are bowling with SG balls on barren Indian tracks, hence getting lots of reverse - we never know what the PAK pacers can do with similar surface & balls.

But boy, new ball skill is almost non existent in PAK cricket - swing, seem are secondary - most of them are unable to hit the right length on a helpful wicket with new ball. Apart from first 3 overs of Amir on Dsy 1, rest was absolute rubbish - I can't such wastage of green tops in 1st morning of a Test.

Expected though - in domestics or in their "Test home"; bowlers don't need to use the new ball at all - at home, it's about bowling within stick, length doesn't matter; in UAE, it's about take big the shine off from one side.

Now you're just going too far. We would've done well today with the helpful conditions. But when the wicket goes flat, we don't have the bowlers to extract something out of the pitch like a Wahab does.

Really? Ishant, Shami have bith picked loads of wickets on flat pitches. They just needed a bit of directed. Shami is a all pitch bowler who can extract something out of any pitch, old and new ball

He would have bowled really well in pitches like NZ-Pakistan series, but he has trouble on flatter pitches due to not having any pace. Recently I have seen him bowling at decent speed, but not sure if he can do it regularly.

He has not bowled on flat pitches recently but both in WI and in NZ series at home, he took a 5-fer in the match he bowled. His pace has increased a bit niw

He (Bhuvi) has taken a 5-fer in every match he bowled in last few tests. He played only 3 test tis year but averages 11. His overall average now is 28

Really? Ishant, Shami have bith picked loads of wickets on flat pitches. They just needed a bit of directed. Shami is a all pitch bowler who can extract something out of any pitch, old and new ball

We couldn't square the series in South Africa and New Zealand because our bowlers couldn't pick up 10 wickets on a flat wicket while having 450 runs in the bank, when any side with semi decent bowlers could've finished the match.

I agree though that Shami has made a massive improvement and is probably the best asian bowler across all formats at this point in time.

Pakistani fast bowlers are better in unhelpful conditions/flat tracks.

Indians fast bowlers are better in helpful ones (seam/bounce/reverse).

Shami is the best fast bowler from either team.

Fast bowlers from both teams struggle because of inept slip fielding.

We saw both the pace bowling attacks in England. Pick of the bowlers were Bhuvi and Ishant.

Then we saw both the attacks in Sri Lanka. Pick of the bowlers was Ishant Sharma.

Then we saw them against WI. Again, Indian pacers were way ahead.

So, I don't understand why some Indian posters need to be so apologetic about stating the obvious.

Is Yadav the fastest bowler in the SC now, or is it Wahab or somebody else?

I think Yadav has been getting better, more consistent and accurate.

We saw both the pace bowling attacks in England. Pick of the bowlers were Bhuvi and Ishant.

Then we saw both the attacks in Sri Lanka. Pick of the bowlers was Ishant Sharma.

Then we saw them against WI. Again, Indian pacers were way ahead.

So, I don't understand why some Indian posters need to be so apologetic about stating the obvious.

We bowled in helpful conditions in England while the Pakistan bowlers bowled in pretty flat conditions. Not fair to judge both set of bowlers under different conditions.

India did do better in Sri Lanka and against West Indies.

Umesh is faster than all Pakistani bowlers combined.
Bhuvi swings more than Amir can ever imagine in his dream.
Varon Aaron >>>> 114 runs/10 overs :wahab :133:
Ishant >>>> Rahat
Shami >> Sohail Khan

One thing both have in common currently is slip catching is absolute garbage to seamers especially

Is Yadav the fastest bowler in the SC now, or is it Wahab or somebody else?

I think Yadav has been getting better, more consistent and accurate.
Wahab is the fastest in the world.

Nothing new, it has been like this since 2010 at least..

Starc is faster than Wahab, Wahab's balls goes faster to the boundary when Buttler bats.

Varon Aaron is faster than Wahab. Fastest bowler in subcontinent.

Varun Aaron can't get a game for his IPl team, let alone India. xD Plus, he's always injured. Same is the case with Starc. Adam Milne is probably faster than all of them, but he too is always injured. Pattinson and Cummins, the less said, the better. Then there was De Lange, who also is almost always injured and can't play nothing more than t/20's.

So, you see, Wahab is the fastest bowler in the world by a mile because everyone else is always injured or have lost pace. Even starc isn't bowling as fast as he can, or at least as fast as he could. Perhaps he's cut down on pace to avoid injuries or maybe just lost the pace.

Varun Aaron can't get a game for his IPl team, let alone India. xD Plus, he's always injured. Same is the case with Starc. Adam Milne is probably faster than all of them, but he too is always injured. Pattinson and Cummins, the less said, the better. Then there was De Lange, who also is almost always injured and can't play nothing more than t/20's.

So, you see, Wahab is the fastest bowler in the world by a mile because everyone else is always injured or have lost pace. Even starc isn't bowling as fast as he can, or at least as fast as he could. Perhaps he's cut down on pace to avoid injuries or maybe just lost the pace.

But if I had to choose someone, I would choose Starc over Wahab. Wahab is expensive, he doesn't look that fast, if he was so fast, he wouldn't have gone for 114 runs. It's hard to hit the faster bowlers, I think Wahab tempers the speed guns.

Thanks to the BCCi's riches, they can care and nurture their fast bowlers providing them with the best support staff to make sure they are well oiled and ready to go every game.

Stark contrast to Sohail Khan screaming his lungs out bowling 135km/hr, although he has a very nic bowling action.

But if I had to choose someone, I would choose Starc over Wahab. Wahab is expensive, he doesn't look that fast, if he was so fast, he wouldn't have gone for 114 runs. It's hard to hit the faster bowlers, I think Wahab tempers the speed guns.

Wahab won't be able to bowl as fast as he was last year in the world cup.

What kind of logic is this?
You say.... Milne is mostly injured so can't be counted.... Aaron is not selected because of injury by his own t20 team so not in contention.... DeLange is injured.... By that logic even Wahab is perhaps 4th or 5th choice for his own Pakistan team after Rahat Amir Imran Sohail....

Yadav is the fastest of the lot as he is regularly picked by India hand has improved a lot recently. But Shami is the best fast bowler from SC. The guy literally averages 25 or so in all formats in the last 2 years.

Wahab won't be able to bowl as fast as he was last year in the world cup.

Yes he lost pace, that's why he was so easy to hit for so many boundaries. A fast bowler like Akhtar only got hit for sixes by a overrated played like Ross Taylor at the end of his career when he lost pace, During Akhtar's prime I can hardly recall anyone dominating him in ODI's. When people talk about Wahab and his average of 30+, I only think to myself boy these guys haven't seen the competition between Akhtar and Lee. Wahab is a trundler compared to Lee and Akhtar in their prime.

Yes he lost pace, that's why he was so easy to hit for so many boundaries. A fast bowler like Akhtar only got hit for sixes by a overrated played like Ross Taylor at the end of his career when he lost pace, During Akhtar's prime I can hardly recall anyone dominating him in ODI's. When people talk about Wahab and his average of 30+, I only think to myself boy these guys haven't seen the competition between Akhtar and Lee. Wahab is a trundler compared to Lee and Akhtar in their prime.

Exactly...

Also I stumbled across this video:

Even Dirk Nannes and Ryan Harris were bowling 150+kph constantly a few years back, in addition to Tait and Johnson, that was a pretty fast attack.

What kind of logic is this?
You say.... Milne is mostly injured so can't be counted.... Aaron is not selected because of injury by his own t20 team so not in contention.... DeLange is injured.... By that logic even Wahab is perhaps 4th or 5th choice for his own Pakistan team after Rahat Amir Imran Sohail....

Yadav is the fastest of the lot as he is regularly picked by India hand has improved a lot recently. But Shami is the best fast bowler from SC. The guy literally averages 25 or so in all formats in the last 2 years.

Look bro, what I mean to say is, the only competition is between Yadav and Wahab because everyone else who is quick cannot play 5 games on the trot. And, I think it is safe to say Wahab is quicker than Yadav both on terms of average speed and the effort ball.

Yadav, although quick, operates between 137 KPH to 145 KPH with the effort ball going up to 147 KPH max.
Wahab, however, ranks it up to 150 in the death overs consistently and is effort ball goes up to 153-155. So, I'm sure, its obvious who the quicker bowler is, not better but quicker.

Yeah, I would agree, Shami is very good because he can swing it good and reverse it too when conditions favour, at pace. But, I wouldn't say he's been the BEST fast bowler from SC.

[MENTION=4361]volcyz[/MENTION] - We all know Brendon Mcculum was probably the biggest hack after afridi, he blindly slogs everything, firstly speed guns in NZ shows 5kph faster, also he didn't bash Tait, he simply used the pace of the ball and hit sixes using Macca Scoop or hack scoop, let's compare it to how Butler and Morgan manhandled Wahab and took his innocence in front of the world :133:

Only time I have seen Brett Lee being dominated was by Chris Gayle, we all know Gayle is a beast and he can dominate anyone. But Lee never went for 100+ runs, I think.

Akhtar was dominated by Ross Taylor, but it doesn't count as Akhtar was 10 kph slower at that time. Even then Akhtar didn't go for 100+ runs.

Wahab was bashed by even Soummo Sarkar, Harbajhan Singh, etc. He shouldn't be considered a fast bowler, if he was really that fast then no one could have hit him for sixes so easily, also his faster deliveries are actually the ones he over steps so it shouldn't count. Buttler and Morgan bashed him not once but throughout his career, that's why he averages 99.99 vs England :don also his spell against Watson is nothing special, look at his economy rate also at the end Aussies won.

Look bro, what I mean to say is, the only competition is between Yadav and Wahab because everyone else who is quick cannot play 5 games on the trot. And, I think it is safe to say Wahab is quicker than Yadav both on terms of average speed and the effort ball.

Yadav, although quick, operates between 137 KPH to 145 KPH with the effort ball going up to 147 KPH max.
Wahab, however, ranks it up to 150 in the death overs consistently and is effort ball goes up to 153-155. So, I'm sure, its obvious who the quicker bowler is, not better but quicker.

Yeah, I would agree, Shami is very good because he can swing it good and reverse it too when conditions favour, at pace. But, I wouldn't say he's been the BEST fast bowler from SC.

Brother I only said Wahab is faster..... Perhaps fastest in the world. But what you said in that post is that others are discounted because either they are not picked or are injured. In that case, even Wahab is not picked these days. And yes, Yadav is a spray gun too, but He along with Shami and Bhuvi are our top picks.

As of today, following are the best SC fast bowlers..

1) Shami- Easily the best bowler from Asia atm. Has sub-25 average in the past two years or so. Can bowl at 142-144 but averages around 138-140.

2) Yadav- On current form, he is the second best but overall Amir/BK are better than him. He is currently getting reverse swing as well as conventional swing and bowling at 142-145kph consistently. In helpful pitches like NZ/SA, he could be a handful.

3)Amir- A lot was expected of him after his comeback. Has disappointed a bit. But still early days for his career. If he can't win pakistan matches in Eng/NZ/Aus, then there will be question marks on his form.

4)Sohail- is bowling well in NZ. But again, the pitches are tailor made for fast bowling. Need to perform in Australia as well.

5)Bhuvaneshwar Kumar- Can easily be the best bowler if he swings it/ pitch is swinging. Otherwise he is one dimensional if the pitch is flat. Needs to bowl atleast 5kpph faster (currently around 130k). As he is injured, he is down the list. After his comeback, hope he performs well. Easily better than Yadav on his day.

6) Ishant/Wahab- Both are sprayguns. Both are expensive. Both are injury prone.

Brother I only said Wahab is faster..... Perhaps fastest in the world. But what you said in that post is that others are discounted because either they are not picked or are injured. In that case, even Wahab is not picked these days. And yes, Yadav is a spray gun too, but He along with Shami and Bhuvi are our top picks.

Please don't feed his delusions.

I think.... We hold the same standards as before.

But since pak bowling is a bit weaker than the past, so we look something stronger now.

Indian bowling has certainly progressed.India has bowlers who can bowl at 90MPH and reverse the ball.Dont know if they are overall better than Pakistani bowlers,but they certainly are better with the new ball.

Back