Why are Indians desperate for their bowler to cross the 160 Kph mark?

Most of the fans associate 160kph with Akhtar. Not sure why you are getting hurt here? :inti
Really? I have always seen express pace like 160kph always associated with both Akhtar and Lee. And maybe Shaun Tait...too

Now you are making me curious.., did we have a poll too for that or we now projecting somebody's obsession with "most of the fans" ?

Really only thing that should hurt is my face from all the cringe

the impact it had was there to see when dravid and tendulkar lost to him back to back
But I am talking about the fastest ball he bowl to Nick Knight. Dravid and Tendulkar got out on fantastic yorkers which also reverse a bit.

Really? I have always seen express pace like 160kph always associated with both Akhtar and Lee. And maybe Shaun Tait...too

Now you are making me curious.., did we have a poll too for that or we now projecting somebody's obsession with "most of the fans" ?

Really only thing that should hurt is my face from all the cringe
Pretty simple. Akhtar has bowled the fastest ball (161.3 kmph) ever recorded in International Cricket. Hopefully this will not hurt you more and you will stop twisting it further. :inti

So sad, that's the only good performance he had against india. Averaged a very poor 34 against us
good enough that it led to you guys to start rioting inside the stadium.. oh man the way Indians went crazy

Pretty simple. Akhtar has bowled the fastest ball (161.3 kmph) ever recorded in International Cricket. Hopefully this will not hurt you more and you will stop twisting it further. :inti

Well I am a simple guy but even this doesn't make sense to me.

Sharma has the highest ODI score and most scores above 200 in that format, that shouldn't mean anyone/fans celebrating someone's 200 be told they are comparing him to Sharma. That sounds stupid doesn't it? It's just the landmark of 200 they are celebrating.

And don't worry.. Thankfully your last response wasn't that high on the cringe-o-meter to trouble me at all. Just poor logic but not cringy

Not sure why 160 kph is even associated with Akhtar.

I believe Lee crossed 160 kph more often than Akhtar in international cricket.
Yeah not sure why the fastest bowler ever to play the sport speed reading and peer feedback wise is associated with the 160 kph barrier. Lol. Should be Prasad. Seriously what is this post.

As Indians , we have been constantly mocked and ridiculed by Pakistani crickets and viewers that we can't produce fast bowlers in our country. Indians have always dreamed of 2 kinds of fast bowlers that will help us dish it back and help them win even more consistently at home and abroad.

1. The wasim akram kind who are fast and can do magic with the ball.
2. Express pace just like Shoaib who would scare the living day lights out of batsmen.

We have found 1 in Bumrah, 2 is pending and hence the desperation

Note: The current crop of Pakistani bowlers and batsman are not looked upto as compared to the earlier ones.

Pakistani bowlers have been getting smashed all over the planet for years now while the Indian bowling attack is one of the best in the world and has helped us win multiple tests in SENA and reached the top of the tests rankings.

So insecure people like the OP create these threads as they cant deal with this, fast bowling was the one thing they had.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/794510588779772?fs=e&s=TIeQ9V&mibextid=xCPwDs

Watch this video everyone claiming Akhtar doesn’t have fans in India or is not popular. xD

These Indian fans discussing the GOAT IPL team jersey listing KKR team players from the first season gave special status to Akhtar and reserved the best for the last.

The amount of fame the guy has in India is probably more than even in Pakistan. People loved his gangster style.

Andy Roberts has 202 wickets, that is 24 more than Akhtar and he is still rated way higher than both Lee and Starc.

If Shoaib had 78 wickets I would understand your logic but 178 is a good enough sample size.

As I said Lee avgd 31 despite playing in an ATG team , Akhtar would have been a revelation had he played under a better management.

Starc is not in express category, he bowls in low 140s now and was never consistently above 150.

Also Starc vs Akhtar is close but Id still take Akhtar just like how I would take Roberts ahead of Starc

178 wickets over 14 years of cricket isn't a good sample. By contrast Roberts played on 9 years and he had to share wickets with the other fearsome bowlers.

Starc has bowled over 160.

Let's assume Indian fans want Mayank to bowl 160 plus, why it's only about Akhtar?

Australia has 4 bowlers out of 5 who crossed 160.

Lee has most balls over 160.

Yet pakistanis can only see Akhtar here.

If a Pakistani wants Babar Azam to score 10k test runs, does that mean they obsessed with Tendulkar?

Yeah not sure why the fastest bowler ever to play the sport speed reading and peer feedback wise is associated with the 160 kph barrier. Lol. Should be Prasad. Seriously what is this post.
Seriously , what even is your response ? I clearly mentioned Lee has clocked 160 kph more often than anyone . So the 160 kph barrier should be associated with Lee more than anyone else.

What does Prasad have to do with anything ,lol.

No, 160 is barely crossed, the fastest delivery is 161 lol.

Lee has more 155+ kph deliveries then Akhtar yes.

Let's assume Indian fans want Mayank to bowl 160 plus, why it's only about Akhtar?

Australia has 4 bowlers out of 5 who crossed 160.

Lee has most balls over 160.

Yet pakistanis can only see Akhtar here.

If a Pakistani wants Babar Azam to score 10k test runs, does that mean they obsessed with Tendulkar?
Because Akhtar has bowled the fastest ball, he is a Pakistani and Pakistan is India's arch rival. And Indians love to compare themselves with Pakistanis in every sector. From godi media to social media, everyone loves to compare themselves with Pakistan. Look at yourself for example, you hate Pakistanis from the bottom of your heart yet you have spent half of your life here on a Pakistani forum. Do you defend India with the same passion on an Australian/English forum? :inti

Lmao no "we" haven't. :uakmal

I know it feels good to imagine that Indians are/were desperate for a player like a Pakistani one but you could have just said Wasim or even Waqar lol. Shoaib Akhtar seriously? :ROFLMAO:

I mean I'm not surprised here. You were the same one who said "Every Indian wanted to be like Afridi" ahead of Sachin, Sehwag, Dravid, Yuvraj or Dhoni.
Wasim has a huge fan base in India, a lot of Indians are awwstruck by him.

However Waqar ???

LOL don't make me laugh, hardly anyone admires Waqar, only thing that comes to mind in regards to Waqar is the epic phainty which Jadeja put on him during the world cup and his horrible 40 odd avgs vs the Indians in Tests....

However Waqar ???

LOL don't make me laugh, hardly anyone admires Waqar, only thing that comes to mind in regards to Waqar is the epic phainty which Jadeja put on him during the world cup and his horrible 40 odd avgs vs the Indians in Tests....
His average against Australia is his true color.

India is a batting nation. ONly batsmen are worshipped. Do you see fans of Kuldeep fight fans of Bumrah anywhere on twitter space. You hardly see a massive fanbase for any bowler even with amazing success. After Gavaskar iit was Tendulkar,Sehwag then Kohli latest is Gill. Only exception has been Kapil. Bowlers can bowl at 200 mph. They will tweet about him one day and forget. By now everyone should be aware of that. Bumrah despite being a legit match winner is not celebrated like batsmen.

No, 160 is barely crossed, the fastest delivery is 161 lol.

Lee has more 155+ kph deliveries then Akhtar yes.

Lol. No.

Lee has crossed 160 6 times. Fastest 161.1

Akhtar crossed 160 once in 2003 WC.

And apparently crossed 160 once in Pakistan against NZ. But speed wasn't shown. Rameez Raja said during presentation that a second speed gun operated by a local company picked the speed as the broadcasters equipment wasn't working.

So yes Lee has crossed 160 more times in international cricket.

However Waqar ???

Wasim Akram is among the top 3 fast bowlers ever.

Lol mayank ruled oud. The hype of two weeks comes to an end.

Very easy to dis akhtar, but bowling pace requires alot of practice and a proper diet.

Chalo bring your 3rd bowler now

Very easy to dis akhtar, but bowling pace requires alot of practice and a proper diet.

It is not a presentation in front of you, it is a real world system of Indian athletic development which is on the rise. India is producing great bowlers and would continue to produce better bowlers, while you can continue living in the past.

It like Indians still being hung up on gavaskar, Indians moved from Gavaskar to sachin to Kohli.
But you are still hung up on Akhtar.

The reason is because at the time they were both playing it felt like they were dueling to see who could bowl the fastest.

Akhtar ended up winning that fight and his record still stands to this day so any association with bowling the fastest is naturally going to fall on Akhtar first.

Still got issues with his action. There's a fair bit of lateral flexion there and he needs to straighten it out

It is not a presentation in front of you, it is a real world system of Indian athletic development which is on the rise. India is producing great bowlers and would continue to produce better bowlers, while you can continue living in the past.

It like Indians still being hung up on gavaskar, Indians moved from Gavaskar to sachin to Kohli.
But you are still hung up on Akhtar.
How many icc trophies in the last 10 years?

Maybe it's because Akhtar bowled the fastest ball ever recorded in cricket history. But hey, that's just my guess.

I think you’re mixing up popularity/fame with respect.

Akhtar is extremely popular, but definitely not as well respected as Wasim/Imran.

Shoaib is popular, however, Imran and Wasim are/were the most popular cricketers from Pakistan.
Currently, No one can match the popularity of Wasim in India.
And no one from Pakistan can match the peak popularity Imran had in India during his playing years.

Imran fans are now old or dead so his popularity will diminish with time. Same way 30-40 years from now Wasims popularity will diminish as well when the generation who watched him play dies or is irrelevant.
That’s just how life is.

Have fun while you can , Major. Fully expect you to go into hiding once your fast bowlers get pasted by NZ 'C'.

They should give you lifetime award on PP for your contributions.
Pakistan are a terrible team across formats, that's expected though.

India pounded Pakistan in the Asia cup and the world cup

Last edited by a moderator:
How many wins against india in wcs. This is like west Indian fans trying to troll South African fans
Lol, we can lose to India in a WC for all I care. What matters is who wins the final trophy.

So again, I ask, how many ICC trophies India won in the last 10 years

Why last 10 years why not last 15?
Because 10 years is contemporary data.

Sure, i can go back 50 years, but 50 years ago Kapil was captain, not relevent.

Lol how bad you have to be that you boost about being the top team in the world but start whining plz take 15 years into context because the last trophy we won was 15 years ago.

Lol, we can lose to India in a WC for all I care. What matters is who wins the final trophy.

So again, I ask, how many ICC trophies India won in the last 10 years
When was the last time you won a wc lol, it was in 1992 and you werent even alive to see it.

I have seen my team win a wc, you wont ever.

Thank you Misbah

A foreign coach died under our duty

A foreign team was attacked under our protection.
Didnt know Jamaica was a Pakistani territory that came under the constitution of Pakistan.

When was the last time you won a wc lol, it was in 1992 and you werent even alive to see it.

Thank you Misbah
2009. But dont worry i wont go that far, lets talk contemporary.

In the last 10 years, how many ICC trophies India won?

Forget what Pakistan has done, we are just a minnow team... I am interested to know what the might best team of the world has done in ICC tournaments.

I dont know why is it hard for Indians to just accept that they did not win anything. Whenever we ask you about something, the only thing you guys do is just deflect. Just admit it and move on.

How many wins against india in wcs. This is like west Indian fans trying to troll South African fans
West Indian fans are pretty generous. If they try a little bit they can put South Africans in their place. They have won 2 ODI WCs, 2 T20 WCs and 1 Champions Trophy. :inti

Thank you Misbah
The person that you're arguing isn't a team player or a Pakistan supporter in his own right.

He's quoting 2017 to support his agenda atm yes, but he's gone so far as to demerit it calling it a fluke in the past and not rightfully deserved and critising the players he didnt like such as Amir not even acknowledging his final spell but praised misbah's amazing captaincybfor taking Pakistan to a quaterfinal and then getting butchered after.

Trust me no point. Have this conversation with a true pakistani fan who will actually make you sweat and bring up good solid arguments on why India hasn't won in 11 years and why Pakistan won in 2017.

With agenda drivers you'll just get your run of the mill

Haha you didn't win in 11 years I won in 2017, Hahaha.

Thank you Misbah
It seems you are more interested in replying to the poster(based on their nationality) than the post itself. He asked you about the trophies India won in the last 10 years but you started asking about Pakistan's achievements instead lol. They don't claim to be world beaters and best in business. They don't claim to be rich and powerful too. He clearly mentioned that he doesn't care if Pakistan loses to India in a World Cup but you ignored that part too.

And what's this 'I have seen my team win a WC, you won't ever' lol? What does that even mean? :inti

It seems you are more interested in replying to the poster(based on their nationality) than the post itself. He asked you about the trophies India won in the last 10 years but you started asking about Pakistan's achievements instead lol. They don't claim to be world beaters and best in business. They don't claim to be rich and powerful too. He clearly mentioned that he doesn't care if Pakistan loses to India in a World Cup but you ignored that part too.

And what's this 'I have seen my team win a WC, you won't ever' lol? What does that even mean? :inti
Pretty self explanatory to anyone who can understand english, I have no idea as to why you are struggling with it.

And you always seem so eager to defend Pakistan and bash india, that's very sus 🤔

The person that you're arguing isn't a team player or a Pakistan supporter in his own right.

He's quoting 2017 to support his agenda atm yes, but he's gone so far as to demerit it calling it a fluke in the past and not rightfully deserved and critising the players he didnt like such as Amir not even acknowledging his final spell but praised misbah's amazing captaincybfor taking Pakistan to a quaterfinal and then getting butchered after.

Trust me no point. Have this conversation with a true pakistani fan who will actually make you sweat and bring up good solid arguments on why India hasn't won in 11 years and why Pakistan won in 2017.

With agenda drivers you'll just get your run of the mill

India hasn't won in the last decade because we are chokers, I accept that

Because 10 years is contemporary data.

Sure, i can go back 50 years, but 50 years ago Kapil was captain, not relevent.

Lol how bad you have to be that you boost about being the top team in the world but start whining plz take 15 years into context because the last trophy we won was 15 years ago.

How is last 10 years contemporary but 11 years isn't?

I think indian team is now producing bowlers who can click above 140 regularly. 150+ is something which is not seen regularly but they do have a bright future ahead in term of Mayank and umran's but are they good enough to represent India for good few year without getting injured every now and then?

Don't blame Pakistan fans. Their cricket team don't give them too many opportunities to celebrate. Last 6 months series of humiliations - Asia Cup, World Cup & Australia tour whitewash

SO no choice but to hang onto such comparisons to feel good !

People who knows their present & future are not great will forever live in the past. Human nature

Don't blame Pakistan fans. Their cricket team don't give them too many opportunities to celebrate. Last 6 months series of humiliations - Asia Cup, World Cup & Australia tour whitewash

People who knows their present & future are not great will forever live in the past. Human nature
and yet in the last 10 years we won an icc trophy, while all you guys have done is become runner ups.

Oh we celebrate alright, as we hold a current ICC trophy, its you lot that do not get anything to celebrate.

and yet in the last 10 years we won an icc trophy, while all you guys have done is become runner ups.

Oh we celebrate alright, as we hold a current ICC trophy, its you lot that do not get anything to celebrate.
You are just proving me correct

Its like ur childhood friend is doing very well in life , went to Ivy League & working in a FAANG company while you are struggling to get a good job, so you keep reminding him that in 5th standard in school you scored more marks than him. Not that it makes any difference to your friend but it makes you happy bcoz it makes u feel you are somehow still better than him

As Ghalib said - dil ko khush karne ke liye yeh khayal bhi sahi hai

Not blaming you. Thats how human nature works.

Shoaib Akhtar missed more matches than he played due to injury

Mayank Yadav is in good company !

You are just proving me correct

Its like ur childhood friend is doing very well in life , went to Ivy League & working in a FAANG company while you are struggling to get a good job, so you keep reminding him that in 5th standard in school you scored more marks than him. Not that it makes any difference to your friend but it makes you happy bcoz it makes u feel you are somehow still better than him

As Ghalib said - dil ko khush karne ke liye yeh khayal bhi sahi hai

Not blaming you. Thats how human nature works.
interesting, so I end up doing well, and the childhood friend with all the riches has nothing to show for.

Thanks for the analogy, if India could had managed to win something in the last 10 years

Shoaib Akhtar missed more matches than he played due to injury

Mayank Yadav is in good company !
But the focus by indians is on him crossing 160 kph.

i dont mind that, but atleast Indians should now come out and admit they were wrong in the past, and they also like Phast bowling

Both Sehwag and Sachin agreed that Shoaib Akhtar was faster than Brett Lee.

There shouldn’t even be a doubt about it.

My point is,

Pakistan, India (in my case I'm also an aussie fan) shpuld support each other in the name of the game rather then fight each other.

In my case I critise the Indian team, and the Pakistani team amd the Australian team for selections but I'm happy when the teams win.

Both Sehwag and Sachin agreed that Shoaib Akhtar was faster than Brett Lee.

There shouldn’t even be a doubt about it.
Dont think anybody disagrees that Akhtar was faster than Brett Lee

Thing i Brett Lee had a much better career overall. Shoaib Akhtar missed more games than he played , had disciplinary issues which ruined his potentially great career

Playing 47 tests in 13 years is not good enuff to be labelled as agreat. He was like Shane Bond or Ian Bishop - a potential great wercked by injury concerns

Now Mayank is just starting off. 10 years from now we will know where he end up. Like Akhtar or like Brett Lee

Few days back someone asked Neeraj Chopra why he is not able to reach the 90 m mark

He answered back that he is reigning world champion, Olympic champion, Asian Games champion. How does it matter whether he reached the 90 m mark !

I doubt Mayank Yadav worries about this 160 kph. And rightly so. He should focus on becoming a world class bowler like Bumrah / Shami. Not chase vanity milestones

Is Mayank fit again? Heard he not only has pace but the line and length to go with it as well

I think indian team is now producing bowlers who can click above 140 regularly. 150+ is something which is not seen regularly but they do have a bright future ahead in term of Mayank and umran's but are they good enough to represent India for good few year without getting injured every now and then?

Umran hasn't had any serious injury until now. But he seriously needs atleast another season or 2 with red ball in domestics.

Mayank has played red ball and has been part of the system since he was 15 or so. He is much more accurate and is taller.

Umran is 24 and Mayank 21. Given time i hope India will have atleast one express bowler in the line up most of the time.

Shami will need replaccing in 2 years. Hope these guys will be ready.

Few days back someone asked Neeraj Chopra why he is not able to reach the 90 m mark

He answered back that he is reigning world champion, Olympic champion, Asian Games champion. How does it matter whether he reached the 90 m mark !

I doubt Mayank Yadav worries about this 160 kph. And rightly so. He should focus on becoming a world class bowler like Bumrah / Shami. Not chase vanity milestones

Blistering pace has its own advantages.

Broke down aftwr a few games. Heard he is out of ipl

Heard? Where?

Unless LSG management called you up and told you something else, their official presa release says Mayank will be back next week.

Blistering pace has its own advantages.
Pace is overrated

Dale Steyn , Pat Cummins, Bumrah, McGrath won more games than Shoaib Akhtar, Mark Wood, Shaun Tait or Lockie Ferguson

Pace looks exhilarating to watch, produces lots of "oohs & aahs" but ultimately its the 140 kph length & line bowlers who win u matches !

Pace is overrated

Dale Steyn , Pat Cummins, Bumrah, McGrath won more games than Shoaib Akhtar, Mark Wood, Shaun Tait or Lockie Ferguson

Pace looks exhilarating to watch, produces lots of "oohs & aahs" but ultimately its the 140 kph length & line bowlers who win u matches !
Just like Mike Tyson & Deontay Wilder looked very menacing & thrilling to watch bcoz of their brute power but ultimately they stood no chance in front of well rounded boxers like Lennox Lewis & Tyson Fury

In cricket the best bowlers were always the one who bowled in about 140 kph with good length & line & ability to swing / seam in all conditions

Like Dennis Lille, Malcolm Marshall, Hadlee, Imran, McGrath, Wasim Akram, Donald, Ambrose, Steyn. Cummins & Bumrah ( possibly Rabada) are in line to join that category

None of these 150+ bowlers can be categorized as all time greats - Thompson, Colin Croft, Shoaib Akhtar, SHaun tait, MArk Wood wud be labelled as greats

Only 1 guy Brett Lee crossed 300 wicket mark - but even he was not express pace all the time

Heard? Where?

Unless LSG management called you up and told you something else, their official presa release says Mayank will be back next week.
hal good for them if he is back next week, i dont follow IPl as its not broadcasted here. Only follow social meia news with regards to it.

Back