Why are Indians desperate for their bowler to cross the 160 Kph mark?

The fact that his fans keep referring to those 2 deliveries to Dravid and Sachin whenever a debate about him comes up speaks all about his 'glorious' career where he took a grand total of 178 Test wickets.

Speaking of Test cricket, McGrath dismissed Lara 15 times, McGrath dismissed Atherton 19 times, Ambrose dsmissed Atherton 17 times, Marshall dismissed Gooch 16 times, Ambrose dismissed M. Waugh 15 times, Warne dismissed Stewart 14 times, Botham dismissed Border 12 times.

Those are what you call achievements. Not those 2 back to back wicket taking deliveries of Akhtar, which any random X,Y or Z could have taken.
Don't recall shoaib doing all that well vs india in tests tbh.

The real question is

Why are Pakistanis desperate to portray Indians as being desperate for their bowler to cross the 160 Kph mark?
yeh, its us calling 160 kph the final frontier lol.

Mate we dont need to go gaga over every bowler that bowlers 150 kph+ because we got plenty of such bowlers.

You can still find Indian fans/experts ridiculing our bowlers with extra pace. This thread would have made sense if the op wanted to point out those who ridiculed the extra pace earlier going gaga over Mayank's pace alas he chose to generalise all of us for hypocrites.

Even now whenever Umran leaks runs you'll find those fans/experts ridiculing his extra pace rather than criticising him for not working on his control.
That’s why I said that you can’t stereotype or generalise all fans.

Where did i said its copyright to Pakistanis?

Nz has bowlrrs that bowl in 150, Australia always had such bowlers.

Its funny how something that Indians alwyas looked down upon are now boasting about it soo much just cause they found one guy who got 150kph.

Some of the Indians are now even going on to claim that Akhtars 159 was fake and did not happen lol

Like what Mayank is bowling, that is normal for an express pacer..

Reminds me of the saying in Pakistan...
I really don't get your post..

What is the issue here? Is it Indians getting excited over a bowler than can click 150ks?

I find it odd that over the years we have seen how the paroosi posters have defended having accurate line and length bowlers, and where some have have mocked Pakistani bowlers for trying to bowl at extreme pace where some posters have even said it to be useless.

Yet, the Indian hype for their new incoming bowlers seems to be quite interesting.

It started from Atul Sharma, when the whole Indian media went crazy and posters at that time claimed that he was faster than Akhtar as he had bowled some really quick deliveries in the nets. But than Atul Sharma vanished in to thin air.

Than in recent months we heard about Umran Malik, a few Joshillay cricket fans went crazy and started to even defend that Umran had been bowling 155+ kph in the nets and will be crossing 160 kph soon in international cricket. Yet, the guy was sent back to domestic cricket after getting hit for runs.

Now comes a bowler called Mayank Yadav, and the hype machine is at it again, where every Indian fan is going crazy and are saying he will break the 160kph mark etc.

Whats with the desperation, why not stay happy with a bowler that can atleast bowl you 150KPh consistently?

To me it turns out that all these three bowlers have the hidden desires of our parosis, who always wanted express pacers but never admitted it. Yet when they see one in India, they go crazy like teenage fan girls.
I don’t think it is desperation in the way you claim. People are just excited with raw pace especially when it is like pace like what Mayank is bowling. It has nothing to do with Pakistan. You should not try to make everything about yourself.

Mayank's highest speed is still 4th highest in IPL history. At this point people don't even worry about him being the fastest in the IPL histor let alone breaking 160K. It is a meaningless record as it is just a release speed measurement.

Major saab just put forward that there is a claim without any proof. Now he is trying desperate to prove that :) Yet to prove.
No one has claim to anything.

Now one bowler shows up, all of you turn back to what you preached around here.

Are you ready to admit that argument was wrong by the indians?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also famous for bullying Indian cricketers and silencing the whole crowd the way Cummins did.

He bullied no one. Lol.

Sachin hit him to every part of the ground in Centurion.

Akhtar was left whining about his knee.

Akhtar was the fastest bowler yes, but his test record against the likes of India or Australia is ordinary.

Greatness is reserved for the likes of Imran or Wasim.

If any team has the so called "copyright" over 160kph bowlers its Australia.

They have 4 bowlers who broke past 160.

They are the land of fast bowlers.

Agree with that. Akhtar isn’t a diplomat like Wasim tho. He doesn’t take passive aggressive comments and hits back. “hoga aapka Khuda mera nahi hai”

He came begging to India to sell his book.

He is a nobody here.

His only khuda is money.

Wasim or Imran are legends. That's why they are popular.

Lol at all these Indians pretending to be tough online. Shoaib Akhtar is treated like a celeb whenever he is in India and we are told here that he isn’t a big deal… yeah ok.

When did you come to India and saw this?

Shoaib Akhtar isn't very popular here. Ofcourse he is a celeb because he is a international cricketer, but he doesn't enjoy much stardom here.

Shoaib Akhtar isn't very popular here. Ofcourse he is a celeb because he is a international cricketer, but he doesn't enjoy much stardom here.

That's true but you have to see things from Pakistani perspective.

They do not think their cricketers are proper stars till they are acknowledged by India and Indian fans. @Suleiman

Forgive me for not taking the opinion of someone who comes here to criticize Pakistan multiple times a day seriously, while thinking india is some untouchable utopian society.

I know Indian irl over the years who are honest and don’t need to misconstrue facts for point scoring. I will trust them instead. As well as numerous vids and clips of when Pakistani cricketers and celebs have actually come to India.

Forgive me for not taking the opinion of someone who comes here to criticize Pakistan multiple times a day seriously, while thinking india is some untouchable utopian society.

I know Indian irl over the years who are honest and don’t need to misconstrue facts for point scoring. I will trust them instead. As well as numerous vids and clips of when Pakistani cricketers and celebs have actually come to India.

That's a lot of words to simply say you have never been to India. Joshila bhai had you sussed out!

But you are correct. Imran only became a star when he got the ad deal in India with gavaskar and Kapil.

Without Indian validation, it's hard for pakistanis to believe their cricketer is a star of any calibre. Shoaib unfortunately never cleared that high bar. Wasim Akram probably came close.

He bullied no one. Lol.

Akhtar was the fastest bowler yes, but his test record against the likes of India or Australia is ordinary.

'Mere se bowling nahi ho rahi hain'.

Akram revealed that story about Akhtar during the 2003 WC match against India. Remember?

'Mere se bowling nahi ho rahi hain'.

Akram revealed that story about Akhtar during the 2003 WC match against India. Remember?

Akhtar was a show pony.

Its sad that he gets bigged up here while a ATG like Wasim Akram is called "diplomatic".

Indians getting excited by the prospect of someone bowling at 160

Sure, just like Pakistanis hype Babar Azam.

You want what you don’t have.

I find it odd that over the years we have seen how the paroosi posters have defended having accurate line and length bowlers, and where some have have mocked Pakistani bowlers for trying to bowl at extreme pace where some posters have even said it to be useless.

Yet, the Indian hype for their new incoming bowlers seems to be quite interesting.

It started from Atul Sharma, when the whole Indian media went crazy and posters at that time claimed that he was faster than Akhtar as he had bowled some really quick deliveries in the nets. But than Atul Sharma vanished in to thin air.

Than in recent months we heard about Umran Malik, a few Joshillay cricket fans went crazy and started to even defend that Umran had been bowling 155+ kph in the nets and will be crossing 160 kph soon in international cricket. Yet, the guy was sent back to domestic cricket after getting hit for runs.

Now comes a bowler called Mayank Yadav, and the hype machine is at it again, where every Indian fan is going crazy and are saying he will break the 160kph mark etc.

Whats with the desperation, why not stay happy with a bowler that can atleast bowl you 150KPh consistently?

To me it turns out that all these three bowlers have the hidden desires of our parosis, who always wanted express pacers but never admitted it. Yet when they see one in India, they go crazy like teenage fan girls.
cannot see any desperation in my 6 months here - yes , everyone is happy when a new pace merchant comes along - you might be an exception !

Indians getting excited by the prospect of someone bowling at 160

Sure, just like Pakistanis hype Babar Azam.

You want what you don’t have.
You think Pakistani pacers regularly clock 156-160k's :rolleyes:

I genuinely say this. It never crossed anyone's mind. He has not even gone past Umran Malik. Why would they think about 160 kph. Even when Umran touched 157 no one talked about 160. That is why your topic looks bizzarre. Even now i don't really care about it. For me it is about whether he can beat the batsman for pace or not , rather than measured speed.

Pace is not everything. Did you get excited by Sami and plenty if 150+ bowlers you claim you have?
People, including Pakistanis, are excited seeing Mayank because they are seeing a combination of great pace coupled with control over line and length rather than just being erratic and pacy. What is not to be excited about that? You are just being insecure and your insecurity is shining through all of your flawed arguments you are trying to peddle here.

On a different note the only people who talks about this mythical fast bowler named Atul Sharma

That's a lot of words to simply say you have never been to India. Joshila bhai had you sussed out!

But you are correct. Imran only became a star when he got the ad deal in India with gavaskar and Kapil.

Without Indian validation, it's hard for pakistanis to believe their cricketer is a star of any calibre. Shoaib unfortunately never cleared that high bar. Wasim Akram probably came close.
Even Wasim Akram became popular mostly bcoz of his commentary stint with Star Sports where he wud be mouthing platitudes all the time about Sachin, Sehwag , Dravid

Ramiz Raja & Shoaib Akhtar followed suit

I genuinely say this. It never crossed anyone's mind. He has not even gone past Umran Malik. Why would they think about 160 kph. Even when Umran touched 157 no one talked about 160. That is why your topic looks bizzarre. Even now i don't really care about it. For me it is about whether he can beat the batsman for pace or not , rather than measured speed.
bro there were talks about everywhere where Indians were hoping Umran would cross 160 and again the talks have again started for Mayank aswell.

bro there were talks about everywhere where Indians were hoping Umran would cross 160 and again the talks have again started for Mayank aswell.
Iif at all anyone talks about 160 kph it is mostly due to the fact it is equvalent to 100 mph. So that s some sort of land mark. Very few have crossed that barrier. Other than that i don't see any significance. I don't think anyone ever in the world consistently clocked 160 kph ball after ball. Reaching 160 kph for one ball means absolutely nothing.

Umran hit 157kph. And he is 24. He has time.

Akhtar made his debut in 1997 and ot took him 6 years to hit 160.

Lee made his debut in 1999 and he hit 160 after 4 years.

So Umran Malik has time to get stronger, faster and better.

Just like your dreams of India's destruction, you can dream about failure of Indian fast bowlers.

Iif at all anyone talks about 160 kph it is mostly due to the fact it is equvalent to 100 mph. So that s some sort of land mark. Very few have crossed that barrier. Other than that i don't see any significance. I don't think anyone ever in the world consistently clocked 160 kph ball after ball. Reaching 160 kph for one ball means absolutely nothing.

The highest number of 160kph deliveries has been bowled by Lee.

5 deliveries.

Umran hit 157kph. And he is 24. He has time.

Akhtar made his debut in 1997 and ot took him 6 years to hit 160.

Lee made his debut in 1999 and he hit 160 after 4 years.

So Umran Malik has time to get stronger, faster and better.

Just like your dreams of India's destruction, you can dream about failure of Indian fast bowlers.
hmm, so once the Indian bowlers cross 160 kph, they will be deemed sucessful?

That reeks of desperation.

Nobody has deemed the 160 kph barrier as a success. Or even 150 kph.

Why would anyone want 150 kph failures like Haris Rauf and Mohammad Sami in a lineup?

Akhtar himself was only a qualified success , id you make allowances for his tampering and abuse of steroids.

You are simply trying to project your own idea of what bowling success is when none of us have mentioned that success is correlated with a speed gun reading.

Successful in breaching 160kph.

Success as bowler will be determined by wickets.

The only desperation is from you. Trying to run some kind of hate filled propoganda against Indians.

This is my thread on bowlers going past 160kph.

Lee has done it 6 times

Thomson 3 times

Tait Twice

Akhtar Twice*

Starc Once.

Nobody is saying that only 160kph bowlers are successful. Akram, Younis, Bumrah, Cummins are successful even without crossing that barrier because ultimately the average & wickets tally counts.

160 is just a psychological thing, we would anyday prefer a bowler like Bumrah over a 160 plus bowler who cannot maintain his line and length. What little I have seen of this guy Mayank is that he can do both which is exciting. But we have to see if he can maintain it or whiles it away like Umran Malik.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting the fastest bowlers, the best batsman etc. PCT would secretly love another genuine fast bowler at the very least. Its about having pride in your team and country. Nothing wrong with it at all.

He bullied no one. Lol.

Opinions bro. There are videos of former Indian cricketers that talk about his aura, his fear and his aggression. There is literally a video of Sehwag admitting ky us sy dar lagta tha. Then there’s a video of another Indian cricketer, Wasim Jaffer maybe, who’s actually talking negatively about Akhtar but even he admits kay uska aura tha.

other than that, there are numerous videos from back in the day where people are admitting how much they feared him and how he bullied people on the field and how Sachins legs trembled when being bowled at by Akhtar.

As for getting hit around the park, after all, it’s a batsman’s game. Even Bumrah or Starc have been hit around the park but that doesn’t diminish their aura.

Dehshat thi aglay ki and he didn’t bow down to anyone. Numerous videos of him putting Indian journalists in their place even after retiring. I can share these links with you if you want

Surprised at some of the comments . India is a cricket crazy country and so of course they showed Bobby some love when they saw him for the first time.

But this is all relative. Williamson and Rachin got more cheers than Bobby when PAK played NZ here. The Aussies also got more support.

There are plenty of teams and players more popular than even active cricketers like Bobby let alone retired cricketers like Shobby.

They are probably disproportionately popular with Indian Muslims though.
The love was all for the media, every tom, danesh and hardik knows that

👏

I don't think it gets highlighted enough on here. Misbah couldn't even finish a game off against a policeman.
Tbf to Misbah he isn't a bad batsmen, dude had solid defence, strong striking power and could okay unorthodox shots such as the reverse leg sweep very well, he even had great footwork. Misbah was technically sound, and deserved to play test.

His issue was SR, and he deliberately put failures at the top order so he could pkay the way he would, mainly cause he would otherwise get exposed batting at no 5 to no 4 with 80 ball 50's and would damage the team.

But 160kph bowling would kill misbah lol 😂😂, misbah was trash at playing fast bowling, decent at medium and spin though.

They are desperate because all Indian cricket is missing a tearaway speedster who offers some longevity unlike the Yadavs and Dindas. The hype machine in India gets to a different level and pundits like Manjrekar feel that modern Indian cricket has got the AI version of vintage legends

Ravindra Jadeja the AI Sobers

Hardik Pandya the AI Imran Khan

SKY the AI ABD

Personally I have always found fast bowling as the most beautiful skill to watch in a game of cricket.
Either it’s the impeccable seam or the swing or just express pace, it’s the best thing to watch in cricket.

If you love the game of cricket, nationality shouldn’t come in your way of appreciating the art of fast bowling.

I hope this new kid gets atleast 6-7 years in international scene without any injuries. Would be amazing to watch.

No most of us are "desperate" for a pool of fast bowlers who can bowl consistently above 140 with tight line and lengths and extract movement so that we can regularly win big finals and Test series' in foreign conditions.

Opinions bro. There are videos of former Indian cricketers that talk about his aura, his fear and his aggression. There is literally a video of Sehwag admitting ky us sy dar lagta tha. Then there’s a video of another Indian cricketer, Wasim Jaffer maybe, who’s actually talking negatively about Akhtar but even he admits kay uska aura tha.

other than that, there are numerous videos from back in the day where people are admitting how much they feared him and how he bullied people on the field and how Sachins legs trembled when being bowled at by Akhtar.

As for getting hit around the park, after all, it’s a batsman’s game. Even Bumrah or Starc have been hit around the park but that doesn’t diminish their aura.

Dehshat thi aglay ki and he didn’t bow down to anyone. Numerous videos of him putting Indian journalists in their place even after retiring. I can share these links with you if you want

Sehwag makes fun of Akhtar most of the times. He has a triple and a big double century against him.

Sachin's leg trembled? You mean the statement of Afridi. :)) Cmon.

Sachin is widely held as the greatest batsman since Bradman. He didn't tremble.

What dehshat? His performance was ordinary against the two strongest batting line-ups of his time.

Akhtar literally came to India to release his book to get a market. That's who he is.

Being rude to some sports journalist means nothing.

As i said, Greatness is for the likes of Wasim and Imran.

Akhtar was a show pony. Performance wise Lee outgunned him in terms of wickets.

They are desperate because all Indian cricket is missing a tearaway speedster who offers some longevity unlike the Yadavs and Dindas. The hype machine in India gets to a different level and pundits like Manjrekar feel that modern Indian cricket has got the AI version of vintage legends

Ravindra Jadeja the AI Sobers

Hardik Pandya the AI Imran Khan

SKY the AI ABD

Bumrah and Shami are better than any Pakistani fast bowler since Waqar Younis.

Your Raufs and Afridis were hit around the park in the WC. One of them ran away from playing a test series in Australia.

And Indians can't wait to get rid of Manju.

Jadeja's record as a test cricketer is world class. Again you will have to go back 50 years to find a AR of that quality in Pakistan.

No most of us are "desperate" for a pool of fast bowlers who can bowl consistently above 140 with tight line and lengths and extract movement so that we can regularly win big finals and Test series' in foreign conditions.

You are telling this to posters whose fast bowlers who lost series at home.

This is what I desperately want. Hopefully , a couple of them are also high release bowlers and a left armer as well

As long as we have a sufficiently large pool of such bowlers , I'm a happy clam.

Tbf to Misbah he isn't a bad batsmen, dude had solid defence, strong striking power and could okay unorthodox shots such as the reverse leg sweep very well, he even had great footwork. Misbah was technically sound, and deserved to play test.

I watched Misbah during the 2000s. He struggled to cement his place in the side when Pakistan had Inzi and MoYo. The guy averaged less than 30 in Pakistan.

He was fortunate to bat in the UAE (that too at no.5) because the quality of opposition spinners that Pakistan faced during the 2010s were not of the same calibre. Batting at 5 allowed him to hide from the first and second new ball as well. He was carried hard by the top order, particularly from Younis Khan.

If you look at his record outside the UAE, he was largely a minnow basher.

He never made the team on merit. Haris Sohail and Fawad Alam were better players. I appreciate the latter was an eyesore but he was at his peak during Misbah’s playing days. Unlike Misbah, he could score big hundreds.

Also Misbah got found out as captai in 2013, when his side lost a test to a very poor Zimbabwe side.

Misbah led the side with nobility and played his part to regain the side’s reputation and trust following the spot-fixing scandal, however his Pakistan career should’ve ended in 2013 due to the whitewash against South Africa, drawn series against Zimbabwe and also because of the showing in the outcome of the 2013 CT, where Pakistan lost all their games for the first ever in an ICC tournament.

I don't think it is desperation. What is the use of pace and pace when a bowler cannot bowl 6 deliveries on the same line and length ( necessary for the test) and he is not consistent as well? His pace is only good to use in a few games and then his inconsistent performance will keep him out of the team and injury problems will also be his enemy.

So I think Pace is overrated in today's era. The batting-friendly era it is, and bowlers need to be clever rather than fast.

Every country wants a bowler who is consistent and can bowl well in every condition.

Akhtar is more popular than Akram in India especially because of working a lot in India and also his youtube channel and pakki punjabi language which we find quite amusing .

Common man in India doesn’t think that deep.

All these stats and averages and SRs have their place and he’s by no means a great, but all this sort of statistical talk is relegated to guys like you and me who frequent online discussions.

Everyday people on the street in India will swarm someone like Afridi and Akhtar for a selfie. Star power or whatever you want to call it.
The general public doesn’t care too much about it.

Akhtar, Afridi and Imran are the three most popular Pakistani cricketer in India (Khan for his political career).

Akhtar is also very active on social media and has a youtube channel where he panders to Indian audience and gives some real meme moments.

The general public doesn’t care too much about it.

Akhtar, Afridi and Imran are the three most popular Pakistani cricketer in India (Khan for his political career).

Akhtar is also very active on social media and has a youtube channel where he panders to Indian audience and gives some real meme moments.

They are not.

Imran and Wasim are the most popular pakistani cricketers in India.

Khan was already popular in India before his political career. Infact his popularity has gone down after his political statements against India.

I don't know may be in Punjab Akhtar is popular, rest i haven't seen fans talking about Akhtar.

Also Akhtar was not just a speed merchant , he is the best bowler amongst all who come in the express category.
He certainly was not.

Since the advent of the speed gun, 4 bowlers have crossed 160k.

Lee has more wickets than Akhtar and so does Starc.

Akhtar was good for showmanship.His performances on field were far and few between.

High pace is exciting provided the bowler has some control. 160 kph is like 9.8 seconds for 100 m sprint, the benchmark.

But I would prefer more clones of Bumrah, Cummins, Shami, Rabada who operate at 135-145 with great skillset, but can maintain that intensity whole day in a test match.

He certainly was not.

Akhtar was good for showmanship.His performances on field were far and few between.
Lee was an absolutely medicore test bowler considering the fact that he played for the atg aussies, akhtar was better than him

They are not.

Khan was already popular in India before his political career. Infact his popularity has gone down after his political statements against India.

I don't know may be in Punjab Akhtar is popular, rest i haven't seen fans talking about Akhtar.
Akhtar is the most popular pakistani player after imran and wasim, I have seen it everywhere. Maybe it's not the case in bengal

He certainly was not.

More wickets doesn’t equate to better bowlers, Akhtar had an injury riddled career otherwise he was better than Lee and Starc by some margin in the purest format.

There’s a significant difference in bowling average of Lee, Starc and Akhtar.

Akhtar averages 25.7 in test cricket, Lee averages 31, there shouldn’t be any debate around who was better, both from stats and actual performances (also skills) Akhtar was ahead of lee.

They are not.

Imran and Wasim were very popular in their time, now Akhtar is a household name in India more so than Akram.

As for Imran, his fans are now 50+ (barring a few) and most of them are already dead.

Sehwag makes fun of Akhtar most of the times. He has a triple and a big double century against him.

Sachin's leg trembled? You mean the statement of Afridi. :)) Cmon.

Sachin is widely held as the greatest batsman since Bradman. He didn't tremble.

What dehshat? His performance was ordinary against the two strongest batting line-ups of his time.

Akhtar literally came to India to release his book to get a market. That's who he is.

Being rude to some sports journalist means nothing.

As i said, Greatness is for the likes of Wasim and Imran.

Akhtar was a show pony. Performance wise Lee outgunned him in terms of wickets.
As I said, I can post links to the videos about Indian cricketers like Sehwag who say that we used to fear him.

Sachin didn’t tremble because Joshila said so. LOL - gonna need some more proof mate.

As for selling books in India, nothing wrong with that. Many people do book tours and release them in different countries. In fact, it is a bit of a shame for India that he bullied Indian cricketers, swore at them when playing and then made millions through India via IPL, commentary and other stuff.

As I said, I can post links to the videos about Indian cricketers like Sehwag who say that we used to fear him.

Sachin didn’t tremble because Joshila said so. LOL - gonna need some more proof mate.

As for selling books in India, nothing wrong with that. Many people do book tours and release them in different countries. In fact, it is a bit of a shame for India that he bullied Indian cricketers, swore at them when playing and then made millions through India via IPL, commentary and other stuff.
Sachin trembled because Akhtar and afridi said so, and how can anyone disagree with those intellectual titans.

Akhtar averaged 34 against india and got treated like a club level bowler by sachin in centurion and sehwag in multan.
I hope every pakistani player continues to bully us like that.

And it must be sad for pakistani fans and one of thier biggest heroes mocks them on his yt channel just so that he can scrape some money of the indian market.

He only played for a year in the IPL and those indian media gigs have dried up so I can understand the desperation

Bumrah and Shami are better than any Pakistani fast bowler since Waqar Younis.

Your Raufs and Afridis were hit around the park in the WC. One of them ran away from playing a test series in Australia.

And Indians can't wait to get rid of Manju.

Jadeja's record as a test cricketer is world class. Again you will have to go back 50 years to find a AR of that quality in Pakistan.
Post was not to degrade any Indian player but some pundits in India just hype these players to infinity

Bro, you guys compare Babar Azam to Kohli who even today has 13,000+ runs over him and 51 centuries more in international cricket and you think hoping for only 3 kmph more from a young bowler is a crime? At least we are only hoping, not comparing him with who has already breached that mark.

Why ?

Because Indians have a massive inferiority complex when it comes to fast bowling. The pain of seeing 140k dobblers being hit to all parts of the park has been baked into the indian fan experience for about 3+ decades now. Hope Mayank is the messiah we've been waiting for.

More wickets doesn’t equate to better bowlers, Akhtar had an injury riddled career otherwise he was better than Lee and Starc by some margin in the purest format.

There’s a significant difference in bowling average of Lee, Starc and Akhtar.

Akhtar averages 25.7 in test cricket, Lee averages 31, there shouldn’t be any debate around who was better, both from stats and actual performances (also skills) Akhtar was ahead of lee.
Akhtar has less than 200 wickets. Lee and Starc have over 300. Its not even a comparison.

And its funny how you choose to leave out ODIs where Akhtar has most wickets, because Lee and Starc outstrip him there by some distance?

Imran and Wasim were very popular in their time, now Akhtar is a household name in India more so than Akram.

As for Imran, his fans are now 50+ (barring a few) and most of them are already dead.

Most well known cricketers are household name in India. What's your point?

Wasim Akram's fandom is at a different level to others.

Lol. Sehwag also said a lot of things about pakistanis. Should we start posting videos?

What is the proof that Sachin trembled? @Hitman

Swore at Indians then came here to earn monies. That's called hypocrisy.

Akhtar's performance against India is average. He didn't bully anyo here.

He came here took money and then did what he was told to do like any employee.

Post was not to degrade any Indian player but some pundits in India just hype these players to infinity

You can't argue with Jadeja's numbers, they are world class. Not quiet a Imran or Kapil or Botham, but world class none the less.

Lol. Sehwag also said a lot of things about pakistanis. Should we start posting videos?

What is the proof that Sachin trembled? @Hitman

Swore at Indians then came here to earn monies. That's called hypocrisy.

Akhtar's performance against India is average. He didn't bully anyo here.

He came here took money and then did what he was told to do like any employee.
I am just saying that one of your biggest legends and match winners acknowledged how Akhtar made the team feel - why is it so hard to digest?

And this is just Sehwag, as I said, there are many others who have said similar things about Akhtar.

The thread is getting derailed with irrelevant chat here. Please stay on topic. Thanks

Akhtar has less than 200 wickets. Lee and Starc have over 300. Its not even a comparison.

And its funny how you choose to leave out ODIs where Akhtar has most wickets, because Lee and Starc outstrip him there by some distance?
Why are you equating more wickets to being a better bowler?

Starc isn’t as good as Akhtar was in test, just because he played more doesn’t make him better.

By that logic you will also argue that Ishant Sharma was better than Akhtar.

As for Lee, he was a scattergun in test cricket who averaged 31 and that too when he had the best support a pacer can ever imagine.

Put Akhtar in the same team and he will wreak havoc as an enforcer.

I don’t know why these days people are taking longevity over actual quality.

Reactions: IAJ

I give more preference to test cricket, in odis Starc and Lee are ahead.

Akhtar still averages 25 in odis with 250 wkts, that’s better than any Indian bowler, so even there he was brilliant

Most well known cricketers are household name in India. What's your point?

Wasim Akram's fandom is at a different level to others.
No its not, that’s the point.

Akhtar is more famous because he played more recently and our fab 4 batting lineup has a lot more memories associated with Akhtar which is the reason why he gets mentioned a lot in shows and during commentary.

Our 90s cricketers hardly have any visibility as most of them were mediocre

Please stay on topic What is the point of discussing shoaib and sehwag conflict here?

Back