Indian government ordered killings in Pakistan, intelligence officials claim

Any person with an ounce of knowledge knows that Indian people bend over backwards to be like white people! I can show you many more videos if you want! You guys celebrate Valentines Day, Christmas and New year just to impress the west as to how modern and forward thinking you have become. Girlfriend and boyfriend culture was never known in India where as now everyone is at it! Your Hindu girls dress all scantily, drinking booze and smoking like a chimney to be like white gals.They wouldn't know anything about their own culture and religion but have full knowledge of whose dating who in the USA!. What's with this dating culture in India when it was never part of your original identity? Please don't humiliate yourself anymore.

The biggest sign of cowardice is when people forget their roots and accept another religion when countered by swords. Even more hilarious when those same people claim to be descendants of those Arab invaders when Arabs themselves don't consider them one of their own. It's well documented how Arabs see and treat Pakistanis, as said by Hasan Nisar numerous times till date.
...since you love Hasan Nisar so much i have to remind you General Bakshi calling Indian people "bakwas darpok qom" and how outsiders ruled you for century after century! We all know what China did to you in 1962 and how they are now sitting in Eastern Ladakh.

Bakshi is also correct when laughing at Mountbatten being independent India's first governor general :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: At least ours was the great Quaid a Muslim himself! Then Indian people say we have no western complex!!

...since you love Hasan Nisar so much i have to remind you General Bakshi calling Indian people "bakwas darpok qom" and how outsiders ruled you for century after century! We all know what China did to you in 1962 and how they are now sitting in Eastern Ladakh.

Does it occur to you that every single square inch of what is now called PK consisted of 100% non-Muslim populations circa 632AD?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing weird about my comments at all! Indian people suffer a massive western inferiority complex like no other community. They hate their own culture considering it to be backward! In Indian schools English is the prime language even though there are about 40 other languages spoken in your country. Hindutva is a political ideology where as Hinduism is a religion. I said Hindu's consider their faith to be an embarrassment to say the least.

It is true that many Pakistanis are Arab wannabe's as well yet in Pak Urdu is the dominant language. We don't fall over each other to be like Arab's like Indian people do to imitate American culture. I don't need to visit India when so many Indian people admit this openly. It is only out of embarrassment and shame that you are refuting my claims.

Indian's mock Pakistanis for having poor English grammar and speaking skills considering it as the benchmark to judge a person's intelligence and qualifications. I tell you millions of people like the Russians and Chinese don't give a damn about how poor their English is. Only white wannabe and skin whitening creams loving India people are experts at all of this.
India doesn't have a national language like Pakistan, a country who adopted an indian language as it's national language despite a very small fraction of your population having it as your national language.

And you are the only country in the world who's national anthem is in a foreign language no speaks in your country

India doesn't have a national language like Pakistan, a country who adopted an indian language as it's national language despite a very small fraction of your population having it as your national language.

And you are the only country in the world who's national anthem is in a foreign language no speaks in your country
National language or not English is a minority language in India yet you people judge a person's ability by it. How did Pak adopt an Indian language when only Punjabi's speak Punjabi in India and Urdu is more or less obsolete. Not sure what you mean with your "small faction...." comment. Do elaborate on it. As for the Pak anthem it is important to remember who formed it.

Does it occur to you that every single square inch of what is now called PK consisted of 100% non-Muslim populations circa 632AD?
Have you ever heard of evolution and change? Do you not understand that the world would have been so very different on the first day of it's creation or during the dinosaur era when there were man made borders?. So what if today's Pak was non Muslim centuries back, what about it?

National language or not English is a minority language in India yet you people judge a person's ability by it. How did Pak adopt an Indian language when only Punjabi's speak Punjabi in India and Urdu is more or less obsolete. Not sure what you mean with your "small faction...." comment. Do elaborate on it. As for the Pak anthem it is important to remember who formed it.
English is the link language of India, how else is a Bengali supposed to communicate with a Tamil.

Less than 10% of your population have Urdu as their mother tongue

So what if today's Pak was non Muslim centuries back, what about it?

Well for starters it implies that your DNA is most likely the same DNA as mine except that your ancestors chose to abandon their religion/culture due to coercion whereas mine did not. So now you can work out who is the real darpok kaum

Well for starters it implies that your DNA is most likely the same DNA as mine except that your ancestors chose to abandon their religion/culture due to coercion whereas mine did not. So now you can work out who is the real darpok kaum
Look up poojanlal thakkar: converted to islam to stay in the fishing business and he is the father of......

The Europeans also abandoned their religion/culture to adopt Christianity from the middle east. Would you dare call the British Raj a darpok kaum? Because I see very few Indians ever step up and publicly do it. Instead they grovel to them how good they are at integrating compared to Pakistanis.

Wait, India captured Lahore? Do tell us more, then what happened? Why is there no sign of Indian forces in Lahore today? This is some real revisionist history 😂

Disagree! India did not conquer anything! You got owned at the border when you tried to get in! India thinks t won every war even when China kicked your behind hard in 1962! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: You can not reason will Bollywood brainwashed Indian people.
View attachment 143222

Kudos to the photographer who captured the moment of General Niazi surrendered with 90000 soldiers in front of Indian army otherwise Pakistanis couldn’t believed

Kudos to the photographer who captured the moment of General Niazi surrendered with 90000 soldiers in front of Indian army otherwise Pakistanis couldn’t believed
Sorry, General Niazi surrendered Lahore to India? Please help us understand this revisionist history that claims India captured Lahore as that is the topic at hand.

Sorry, General Niazi surrendered Lahore to India? Please help us understand this revisionist history that claims India captured Lahore as that is the topic at hand.
That’s not the topic of the thread but he is right Pakistanis wouldn’t had believed that happened if there wasn’t a photograph.

That’s not the topic of the thread but he is right Pakistanis wouldn’t had believed that happened if there wasn’t a photograph.
Neither is General Niazi but here we are discussing that. On the flip side, do Indians believe they captured Lahore in the absence of photographic evidence? If so, why?

Pls.update ur history knowledge…. 71 war was fought on 2 fronts… Eastern front General Niyazi surrendered to Indian army as India liberated East Pakistan to Bangladesh… India defeated Pakistan at eastern front. Also on western front Indian army captured Pakistan’s territory upto Lahore and defeated Pakistan

Maybe one day India will fight and win a war against an equally matched nation, then they will finally be able to let go of their 1971 history flash cards. One mention of the British Raj and they go running for the 1971 photos again. :ROFLMAO:

Maybe one day India will fight and win a war against an equally matched nation, then they will finally be able to let go of their 1971 history flash cards. One mention of the British Raj and they go running for the 1971 photos again. :ROFLMAO:
Usa's cute little pets are barking again I see, but have you asked permission from your masters to do so?

Pls.update ur history knowledge…. 71 war was fought on 2 fronts… Eastern front General Niyazi surrendered to Indian army as India liberated East Pakistan to Bangladesh… India defeated Pakistan at eastern front. Also on western front Indian army captured Pakistan’s territory upto Lahore and defeated Pakistan
I don’t need to update my history. You are mixing up points. You said “U will never admit but Indian army captured Lahore” which is categorically false.

Neither is General Niazi but here we are discussing that. On the flip side, do Indians believe they captured Lahore in the absence of photographic evidence? If so, why?
I don’t believe that, i think the story is we could had.. not we had..there was an article about it somewhere in Indian papers as well.
But the war was equally bad for both countries.

Defeating a country much smaller is size is not bravery. Being ruled by a minority community for centuries is cowardice in the extreme. Losing much of your country to the same community is even more hilarious!! :love: :love: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: There were no 90,000 soldiers or anything like that! Fake news in India is a common pandemic like rape is:love::love:

Rather your ancestors were ignorant following something due to sheer habit. Mines on the other hand were open to change and recognized truth when they saw it. DNA has nothing to do with when all of humanity is one that can be scientifically proven. We are the ones who still hold on to our culture unlike you western wannabe's. You are not only cowards but sellout's too! Let me tell you that faith and culture are two very different things. There is nothing Indian about your youth anymore just like their is nothing Indian about your films. The Sikhs, Christians and Buddhists of the subcontinent also left Hinduism but you have no problem with that. This is because Hindu need the Sikh's to fight for them.

English is the link language of India, how else is a Bengali supposed to communicate with a Tamil.

Less than 10% of your population have Urdu as their mother tongue
Why is Hindi or some Indian language not your link language?. All Pakistanis can communicate in Urdu even if it is not spoken in their homes. it is a mandatory not optional subject to read and write Urdu in Pak schools. This is the case in all off Pak's provinces. So if i visit a restaurant in Punjab's Lahore I will order in Urdu not Punjabi as it is considered to be more polite and eloquent .

Open minded people welcome change in their lives. They do not follow ignorance by worshiping, monkeys, snakes, rats, elephants or anything else imaginable. They do not drink cow urine either believing it will cure all their health problems or bathe in cow dung. There is only one community in the world that is notorious for such things! Just because my Dad had some mental illness doesn't mean I have to as well.
So if you think that’s what the average Hindu does but have an issue when some people are generalizing Muslims as radicals who don’t respect Women and are child-groomers , don’t respect the country they live in and blow up stuff.

Disclaimer: I obviously don’t think that. Just answering the guy in the language he understands.

So if you think that’s what the average Hindu does but have an issue when some people are generalizing Muslims as radicals who don’t respect Women and are child-groomers , don’t respect the country they live in and blow up stuff.

Disclaimer: I obviously don’t think that. Just answering the guy in the language he understands.
Indian people need to be treated with a bit of aggression at all times otherwise they think of themselves as being superior! Not the average Hindu but all off them worship idols not that i personally have any problem with that unless they attack Islam. During the Covid so many Hindu's were on about the benefits of drinking cow urine. Then there is the weird medicine being propagated by the likes of your Baba Ramdev. As for Muslim extremists deport them if they encourage violence against the country they live in or throw them in prison. You also need to understand that most of them have adopted an extremist attitude after seeing the west constantly bomb Muslim countries. By the way in India sexual abuse of young girls in temples is also very common too.

Why is Hindi or some Indian language not your link language?. All Pakistanis can communicate in Urdu even if it is not spoken in their homes. it is a mandatory not optional subject to read and write Urdu in Pak schools. This is the case in all off Pak's provinces. So if i visit a restaurant in Punjab's Lahore I will order in Urdu not Punjabi as it is considered to be more polite and eloquent .

because of this, hindi is alien to many south indian states.

and pashto or punjabi will have more in common with urdu than tamil with hindi.

On your last point, why do pak punjabis consider urdu to be superior to punjabi, I have heard that punjabi is declining in the punjab province.

both my parents were born in lahore so I am curious

Indian people need to be treated with a bit of aggression at all times otherwise they think of themselves as being superior! Not the average Hindu but all off them worship idols not that i personally have any problem with that unless they attack Islam. During the Covid so many Hindu's were on about the benefits of drinking cow urine. Then there is the weird medicine being propagated by the likes of your Baba Ramdev. As for Muslim extremists deport them if they encourage violence against the country they live in or throw them in prison. You also need to understand that most of them have adopted an extremist attitude after seeing the west constantly bomb Muslim countries. By the way in India sexual abuse of young girls in temples is also very common too.

What is this gibberish? “Indian people need to be treated with aggression” what does that even mean :)) :))

Where will you show this aggression. On a keyboard or a boxing ring?

Defeating a country much smaller is size is not bravery. Being ruled by a minority community for centuries is cowardice in the extreme. Losing much of your country to the same community is even more hilarious!! :love: :love: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: There were no 90,000 soldiers or anything like that! Fake news in India is a common pandemic like rape is:love::love:

Then smaller countries should behave properly….how can we say moghuls were in minority when they ruled ? Do u mean to say General Niyazi was fighting war alone or 90000 pak soldiers behind him ran away….. In Pakistan not only fake news, but school syllabus also fake

Rather your ancestors were ignorant following something due to sheer habit. Mines on the other hand were open to change and recognized truth when they saw it.

How has that worked out for your entire neighborhood( AFG, IRN, PK) considering its been about 1200 yrs of walking in the path of "Truth" ? Especially considering the current state of affairs.

Will get to the rest of your post over the weekend

The Europeans also abandoned their religion/culture to adopt Christianity from the middle east. Would you dare call the British Raj a darpok kaum? Because I see very few Indians ever step up and publicly do it. Instead they grovel to them how good they are at integrating compared to Pakistanis.

We call British the Lootera Kaum.

Europeans didn't convert due to any conquest. Did they?

You call them the British Raj, or at least you did when they were ruling as the hindus hoped serving the British would elevate their position above the Muslims who were less welcoming of British rule. Even today there are many Indian restaurants all over England which still reference the British Raj empire in order to suck up to the Brits.

Europeans converted to Christianity for the same reasons Muslims converted to Islam, it was superior to what they were believing at the time. If you consult beyond your hindutva literature you would realise this but it is understandable why there is a need to believe that people left hinduism only because of the sword as this covers weaknesses of their own faith at the time.

You call them the British Raj, or at least you did when they were ruling as the hindus hoped serving the British would elevate their position above the Muslims who were less welcoming of British rule. Even today there are many Indian restaurants all over England which still reference the British Raj empire in order to suck up to the Brits.

Europeans converted to Christianity for the same reasons Muslims converted to Islam, it was superior to what they were believing at the time. If you consult beyond your hindutva literature you would realise this but it is understandable why there is a need to believe that people left hinduism only because of the sword as this covers weaknesses of their own faith at the time.

Raj means rule and that's it. You have no idea about Sanskrit words so don't go fishing there.

Hindus were fighting to remove the British while Muslims led by muslim league were happy to be on the laps of the British.

British were looters and thats how they are seen in India, with contempt.

Its well known in history how muslim invaders spread Islam in India. Except a minority that converted due to Sufi influence, most converted out of fear.

You can keep beating the drum about your religions superiority, most Hindus didn't care then, they don't care now.

Raj means rule and that's it. You have no idea about Sanskrit words so don't go fishing there.

Hindus were fighting to remove the British while Muslims led by muslim league were happy to be on the laps of the British.

British were looters and thats how they are seen in India, with contempt.

Its well known in history how muslim invaders spread Islam in India. Except a minority that converted due to Sufi influence, most converted out of fear.

You can keep beating the drum about your religions superiority, most Hindus didn't care then, they don't care now.

We have been over this before. Raj derives from Rajput, one of the highest castes in hinduism. Raja means king does it not? Why would you acknowledge the British with your own highest honour voluntarily if it wasn't due to deference and subservience?

When was the last time you heard Muslims refer to the British Khalifah? :unsure:

Congratulations to Agent Prakash for taking out them evil terrorists.

We have been over this before. Raj derives from Rajput, one of the highest castes in hinduism. Raja means king does it not? Why would you acknowledge the British with your own highest honour voluntarily if it wasn't due to deference and subservience?

When was the last time you heard Muslims refer to the British Khalifah? :unsure:
Raj is derived from Samraj (which mean kingdom) not from Rajput.

As i said you have zero knowledge of Sanskrit words.

Raj means rule.

Hence rest of your post means nothing.

Let's not get into sexual abuse/pedophilia by modern standards. Neither your religious nor your national icon will stand up to that level of scrutiny

Let's not get into sexual abuse/pedophilia by modern standards. Neither your religious nor your national icon will stand up to that level of scrutiny
Modern standards? You do know what happens in churches, nightclubs and many such places? Your religious scholars and Bollywood stars are much more involved in sex scandals then anyone else. Indeed. that is all your disgusting Bollywood has to offer nowadays.

Then smaller countries should behave properly….how can we say moghuls were in minority when they ruled ? Do u mean to say General Niyazi was fighting war alone or 90000 pak soldiers behind him ran away….. In Pakistan not only fake news, but school syllabus also fake
Pak is not a small country neither are we defenseless in the face of aggression. You have had your fingers burnt many times by us. Bit of a stupid comment that how can rulers be from the minority. Firstly you people say Moguls were from countries like Afghanistan, Turkey and Kazakhstan then insist they were the majority!! As I say this 90,000 number is totally fake supported by no independent source. What is not fake is Muslim Moguls ruling India for century after century this is why BJP are busy removing them from their history books. The screams are for all to hear when they keep renaming all Indian cities that have Muslim sounding names as if that will change anything. Everything in India is fake from your history, to Bollywood to so called liberal culture. Even your history books as explained above deny the obvious. Everything your people say is full of propaganda and conjecture.

How has that worked out for your entire neighborhood( AFG, IRN, PK) considering its been about 1200 yrs of walking in the path of "Truth" ? Especially considering the current state of affairs.

Will get to the rest of your post over the weekend
No worse then what Hindu India is today with millions on the streets!. There are still many Muslim countries that are good to live in. As for Pak I have to remind you that up until 9/11 it was really good to live there. Even Afghanistan was okay in the 1970's prior to the Russian invasion then all hell broke loose. The whole purpose of 9/11 was to partly destabilize these two countries.

You keep the mail's coming then I will deal with you accordingly.

What is this gibberish? “Indian people need to be treated with aggression” what does that even mean :)) :))

Where will you show this aggression. On a keyboard or a boxing ring?
I will show aggression if, where and when required. My comment you quoted means Indian people need to be told the painful truth!

because of this, hindi is alien to many south indian states.

and pashto or punjabi will have more in common with urdu than tamil with hindi.

On your last point, why do pak punjabis consider urdu to be superior to punjabi, I have heard that punjabi is declining in the punjab province.

both my parents were born in lahore so I am curious
Well com padre if Hindi is alien then what is this sudden love for English you people have? What I am saying is that surely you should have an Indian national language instead of a foreign one. In Pak Punjabi is not declining at all rather it has many dialects depending on where you live. So Indian people are happy to have a foreign language as a national one but have abandoned their own ones!! Too bad your good parents ended up in India after independence. Your "pashto and punjabi" comment went right over my head!

No worse then what Hindu India is today with millions on the streets!. There are still many Muslim countries that are good to live in. As for Pak I have to remind you that up until 9/11 it was really good to live there. Even Afghanistan was okay in the 1970's prior to the Russian invasion then all hell broke loose. The whole purpose of 9/11 was to partly destabilize these two countries.

You keep the mail's coming then I will deal with you accordingly.

Must have been very hard to type all of that while PK is planning to seek IMF assistance for a record 24th time?

I have much "better" descriptions.... but very disappointed that your vocabulary is limited to "Lootera" ... no big deal though considering the realities :) ... but some people over here seem to think that if their ancestors indulged in pillage, rape, violence .... that its a testament to some sort of superiority that Indians need to acknowledge and respect 🤣😃🤦‍♂️

RAW GOES ROGUE, GLOBALLY​

“If any terrorist tries to disturb India, he will be given a fitting reply. If he escapes to Pakistan we will go there to kill him,” Singh said in an interview to an Indian TV channel.

An open secret has been revealed. This perfect oxymoron perfectly sums up what India’s security czar confirmed earlier this month. Rajnath Singh confessed to what many in the global intelligence community already knew: India operates death squads on foreign soil.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi has made it clear this policy is ‘right’ and that “India has the capability to do so,” he added in a smug tone.

This damning confession followed an even more damning report in Britain’s Guardian newspaper, which claimed the Indian government has orchestrated as many as 20 extrajudicial killings in Pakistan since 2020. India’s foreign ministry was quick to dismiss the exposé as “false and malicious propaganda”, but Singh’s confession defies this denial.

It’s the first time a senior government minister has publicly acknowledged what Delhi has been hiding all along. Singh has confirmed the existence of an officially sanctioned Indian policy of extrajudicial murder of political dissidents and critics on foreign soil.

Singh’s comment was intended for Pakistan. A scathing response was in order. And it followed hard on its heels. “India’s assertion of its preparedness to extrajudicially execute more civilians, arbitrarily pronounced as ‘terrorists,’ inside Pakistan constitutes a clear admission of culpability,” said a Pakistani foreign ministry statement.

Singh’s claims endorsed Islamabad’s “irrefutable evidence” linking Delhi to a campaign of “extrajudicial and transnational assassinations” on Pakistani soil, it stated before cautioning that the “myopic and irresponsible behavior” of Indian officials could jeopardise regional peace.

Interestingly, before Singh’s confession, Modi also bragged about his government’s transnational killing policy in an election speech. “We pursue terrorists in their home and kill them there,” said Modi, who was on the campaign trail for the 2024 elections. Modi didn’t explain his cryptic reference, but he was believed to be referring to Pakistan.

Source: The Express Tribune

Must have been very hard to type all of that while PK is planning to seek IMF assistance for a record 24th time?
So millions are not living on the streets of India? India does not have the most number of prostitutes, slums and probably ill people as well?. Pak seeking loans will not change India as being as the "sick man of Asia" and the "rape capital of the world". It was very easy to write, child play!

Indian spies were kicked out of Australia after being caught trying to steal secrets about sensitive defence projects and airport security, as well as classified information on Australia's trade relationships.

The so-called foreign "nest of spies" disrupted by the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) in 2020 was also accused of closely monitoring Indians living here and developing close relationships with current and former politicians.

ASIO Director-General Mike Burgess first alluded to the spy ring in his annual threat assessment delivered in 2021, but, he did not disclose which country was behind the activity, saying to do so would be an "unnecessary distraction".

"The spies developed targeted relationships with current and former politicians, a foreign embassy and a state police service," Mr Burgess said during his March 2021 speech inside ASIO's Canberra headquarters.

"They monitored their country's diaspora community. They tried to obtain classified information about Australia's trade relationships.

"They asked a public servant to provide information on security protocols at a major airport."

Mr Burgess also detailed how the "nest of spies" had successfully cultivated and recruited an Australian government security clearance holder who had access to "sensitive details of defence technology".

National security and government figures have now confirmed to the ABC that India's foreign intelligence service was responsible for the "nest of spies", and "a number" of Indian officials were later removed from Australia by the Morrison government.

The Washington Post this week also reported that two members of the Indian intelligence agency known as the "Research and Analysis Wing" (RAW) were expelled from Australia in 2020 following an ASIO counter-intelligence operation.

Details of New Delhi's clandestine operations in Australia have emerged as western allies grow increasingly alarmed over the actions of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government, which is accused of an assassination in Canada last September.

Do you know more? Four Corners is investigating Indian foreign interference in Australia and would like to hear from you. Contact us here.

In an interview with the ABC while visiting the United States in November, Mr Burgess declined to say whether the Indian government's foreign operations had caused any concern for ASIO back in Australia.

"I don't comment on any actions of any government, and you shouldn't read anything into that, I can assure you though if we saw acts of foreign interference or plotting for that, we will deal with it," Mr Burgess told the ABC.

Further pressed on whether he had ever been involved in the expulsion of Indian personnel from Australia, the ASIO director-general again declined to comment.

"We don't comment on specific operational matters but of course, from time-to-time ASIO will discover undeclared intelligence officers who are operating in our country and through our own actions or asking government to help, people can and do leave this country as a result of being found out."

Indian High Commissioner to Australia Gopal Baglay at an event inside ASIO headquarters in March 2024. (ABC News)
India is a member of the Quadrilateral Security Dialogue alongside the United States, Japan and Australia, and is considered a crucial defence partner in the Indo-Pacific where concerns over China's military build-up are growing.

In 2022, when delivering his next Annual Threat Assessment, Mr Burgess described how nations that were considered friendly were still trying to conduct espionage against Australia.

"Multiple countries are seeking to conduct espionage against us — and not just those countries that might be considered our traditional adversaries," he then said.

"In some instances, espionage is conducted by countries we consider friends — friends with sharp elbows and voracious intelligence requirements."

Government sources have told the ABC that friendly nations believed to be particularly active with espionage operations in Australia include Singapore, South Korea, Israel and India.

During the 2024 Annual Threat Assessment, also delivered inside ASIO headquarters, senior diplomats and ambassadors from Singapore, South Korea, Israel and India were all invited guests to hear Mr Burgess speak.

The ABC has approached the Indian High Commission and ASIO for comment, but both declined to respond to specific questions about the "nest of spies" operation.

Source: ABC News

Indian spies were kicked out of Australia after being caught trying to steal secrets about sensitive defence projects and airport security, as well as classified information on Australia's trade relationships.

The so-called foreign "nest of spies" disrupted by the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) in 2020 was also accused of closely monitoring Indians living here and developing close relationships with current and former politicians.

ASIO Director-General Mike Burgess first alluded to the spy ring in his annual threat assessment delivered in 2021, but, he did not disclose which country was behind the activity, saying to do so would be an "unnecessary distraction".

"The spies developed targeted relationships with current and former politicians, a foreign embassy and a state police service," Mr Burgess said during his March 2021 speech inside ASIO's Canberra headquarters.

"They monitored their country's diaspora community. They tried to obtain classified information about Australia's trade relationships.

"They asked a public servant to provide information on security protocols at a major airport."

Mr Burgess also detailed how the "nest of spies" had successfully cultivated and recruited an Australian government security clearance holder who had access to "sensitive details of defence technology".

National security and government figures have now confirmed to the ABC that India's foreign intelligence service was responsible for the "nest of spies", and "a number" of Indian officials were later removed from Australia by the Morrison government.

The Washington Post this week also reported that two members of the Indian intelligence agency known as the "Research and Analysis Wing" (RAW) were expelled from Australia in 2020 following an ASIO counter-intelligence operation.

Details of New Delhi's clandestine operations in Australia have emerged as western allies grow increasingly alarmed over the actions of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government, which is accused of an assassination in Canada last September.

Do you know more? Four Corners is investigating Indian foreign interference in Australia and would like to hear from you. Contact us here.

In an interview with the ABC while visiting the United States in November, Mr Burgess declined to say whether the Indian government's foreign operations had caused any concern for ASIO back in Australia.

"I don't comment on any actions of any government, and you shouldn't read anything into that, I can assure you though if we saw acts of foreign interference or plotting for that, we will deal with it," Mr Burgess told the ABC.

Further pressed on whether he had ever been involved in the expulsion of Indian personnel from Australia, the ASIO director-general again declined to comment.

"We don't comment on specific operational matters but of course, from time-to-time ASIO will discover undeclared intelligence officers who are operating in our country and through our own actions or asking government to help, people can and do leave this country as a result of being found out."

Indian High Commissioner to Australia Gopal Baglay at an event inside ASIO headquarters in March 2024. (ABC News)
India is a member of the Quadrilateral Security Dialogue alongside the United States, Japan and Australia, and is considered a crucial defence partner in the Indo-Pacific where concerns over China's military build-up are growing.

In 2022, when delivering his next Annual Threat Assessment, Mr Burgess described how nations that were considered friendly were still trying to conduct espionage against Australia.

"Multiple countries are seeking to conduct espionage against us — and not just those countries that might be considered our traditional adversaries," he then said.

"In some instances, espionage is conducted by countries we consider friends — friends with sharp elbows and voracious intelligence requirements."

Government sources have told the ABC that friendly nations believed to be particularly active with espionage operations in Australia include Singapore, South Korea, Israel and India.

During the 2024 Annual Threat Assessment, also delivered inside ASIO headquarters, senior diplomats and ambassadors from Singapore, South Korea, Israel and India were all invited guests to hear Mr Burgess speak.

The ABC has approached the Indian High Commission and ASIO for comment, but both declined to respond to specific questions about the "nest of spies" operation.

Source: ABC News

Australian MPs urged to use burner phones in India as spying concerns grow on Narendra Modi’s Government​

DFAT has advised prominent Australians, including MPs, to take burner phones with them when they travel to India.

It is the same advice given to MPs and VIPs travelling to China and Ukraine over fears that in those locations their phones could be hacked by the Chinese and Russians.

The revelation shows underlying signs of distrust between Australia and the Hindu nationalist government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, after it was only recently revealed that the nest of spies that intelligence agency ASIO disrupted and kicked out of Australia in 2020 was Indian.

While it is a rule of thumb that travelling VIPs are recommended to leave their regular phones at home unless they are travelling to a Five Eyes intelligence-sharing country, The Nightly understands officials have escalated their advice for India.

One prominent figure who regularly travels to India said the advice for his most recent travel this year was to take a burner phone in case his regular one was compromised. This was not the advice they received around three years ago, he said.

DFAT does not comment on the security advice it gives to officials.

It follows a slight souring of relations between Australia’s Five-Eyes and Quad allies following the killing of a prominent Canadian Sikh and US allegations that India’s security services had authorised assassinations to be carried out on US soil, which authorities ultimately foiled.

Canada has alleged Indian involvement in the killing of Hardeep Singh Nijjar who was shot dead in 2023.

Last week authorities arrested three men in connection with the killing.

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese is a major backer of Mr Modi. During the Indian Prime Minister’s visit to Australia, Mr Albanese told an adoring crowd of Australian Indians that Mr Modi was “the boss”.

The endorsement was subsequently used by Mr Modi’s Hindu Nationalist party in political ads ahead of India’s elections.

Ian Hall, Professor of International Relations at Griffith University and an expert on India, said he hoped the change in the security advice would lead to a more realistic foreign policy on India.

“This revised advice reflects unhappiness about India’s recent actions and New Delhi’s responses to Canadian and US requests for explanations and for accountability,” he said.

“I hope it also moves us away from some of the over-exuberant language we’ve seen in recent years to a more calibrated, interests-driven India policy.”

Herve Lemahieu from the Sydney-based think tank Lowy Institute said that behind the scenes, Australia was approaching the India relationship with greater caution.

“While the relationship is still considered worthwhile strategically, the gloss is coming off all the talk of shared values between the two countries,” he said.

“There is greater recognition of some of the inherent risks in dealing with an emerging power.”

Publicly, the Australian government has all but said nothing about the revelations that it was an Indian nest of spies that ASIO caught trying to steal classified defence and security secrets, as well as intelligence on Australia’s trading relationships.

Australia and India have been negotiating the Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement since 2011 and in 2022 signed a first-stage Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement.

Australia, the US and other Western allies are keen to woo India as an economic and security partner to try and balance against the growing threat of China.

This has meant sidestepping the growing concerns about Mr Modi and his BJP Hindu nationalist party who are accused of trying to silence and harass political, media and activist critics via arrests and tax raids.

When the BBC planned on screening a documentary that examined claims Mr Modi was complicit in sectarian violence during his time as the chief minister of Gujarat, it was blocked and weeks later the British broadcaster’s offices in India were raided.

Mr Modi is also accused of stoking Hindu-Muslim tensions, referring to the Muslim minority population as “infiltrators” during a campaign rally last month.

Last month’s Human Rights report by the US State Department said some of the human rights abuses taking place in India included arbitrary or unlawful killings, extrajudicial killings; enforced disappearances; torture by the government; harsh and life-threatening prison conditions; arbitrary arrest or detention; political prisoners or detainees.

Back