Ireland Men's squads announced for T20 World Cup, Pakistan and Tri-Series

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Cricket Ireland has today named three men’s T20 International squads for the upcoming three-match series against Pakistan in Dublin, the Tri-Series with Netherlands and Scotland in Voorburg and the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup starting next month.

The three squads feature the same 14 players, however, Josh Little (currently playing in the IPL) will be added as the 15th squad member at the T20 World Cup.

Ireland Men are currently ranked 11th in the world in T20Is.

THE SQUADS
Pakistan T20I Series

Paul Stirling (Capt), Mark Adair, Ross Adair, Andrew Balbirnie, Curtis Campher, Gareth Delany, George Dockrell, Graham Hume, Barry McCarthy, Neil Rock, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker, Ben White, Craig Young.

Tri-Series in Netherlands

Paul Stirling (Capt), Mark Adair, Ross Adair, Andrew Balbirnie, Curtis Campher, Gareth Delany, George Dockrell, Graham Hume, Barry McCarthy, Neil Rock, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker, Ben White, Craig Young.

T20 World Cup in US/Caribbean

Paul Stirling (Capt), Mark Adair, Ross Adair, Andrew Balbirnie, Curtis Campher, Gareth Delany, George Dockrell, Graham Hume, Josh Little, Barry McCarthy, Neil Rock, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker, Ben White, Craig Young.

Source: Cricket Ireland

No Josh Little vs Pakistan?

Get Dockrell to bowl to Babar, expect 30-40 in the PP.

Barry Mcarthy will rip through our batting line up, we’ll be 70-5 after 13 overs.

Rizwan will cramp up even in the Irish heat😂

No Josh Little vs Pakistan?

Get Dockrell to bowl to Babar, expect 30-40 in the PP.

Barry Mcarthy will rip through our batting line up, we’ll be 70-5 after 13 overs.

Rizwan will cramp up even in the Irish heat😂
Rizwan will cramp up even while watching Netflix on the sofa.

Wow with fans like these.
As long as Babar is captain with rizwan as deputy, Vice captain, Saya director or whatever, I cannot be called a fan.

Once a genuine wholehearted bro like Sarfi appears to captain, you will see me live and breathe the green and white flag. Inshallah a future 20 year old with the personality of sarfi is in the making. And inshallah he'll captain and inshallah he will end babar's career and give him the same treatment that misbah gave to Sarfi.

As long as Babar is captain with rizwan as deputy, Vice captain, Saya director or whatever, I cannot be called a fan.

Once a genuine wholehearted bro like Sarfi appears to captain, you will see me live and breathe the green and white flag. Inshallah a future 20 year old with the personality of sarfi is in the making. And inshallah he'll captain and inshallah he will end babar's career and give him the same treatment that misbah gave to Sarfi.
If Pakistan is producing cricketers like sarfraz in 20 years time. Then there won't be Pakistan cricket anymore.

They are not Pakistani fans. Clearly evident by now.
How am I not a pakistani fan? Not supporting babar regime and this dosti yaari selfish captain who promotes himself opening means I'm anti pakistani?

First ask Babar to play for his country and do what's right, then ask babar to win a goddamn thing in his now 5+ years of his captaincy.

If the captain himself isn't a pakiatani fan, you expect me to support the captain?

I will not, I will support once babar is shoved into the abyss. He can play at no 3 in t20z test and odi, no issue, infact I will become a babar supporter if he does that and removes himself as a captain.

Happy me, happy life.

If Pakistan is producing cricketers like sarfraz in 20 years time. Then there won't be Pakistan cricket anymore.
Sarfraz mindset, not sarfraz type players. Heck you can say the name of Imran Khan if you wish.

I won't say the name of YK, because I don't endorse the idea of threatening fans and being rude and obnoxious to your teammates.

Says the guy who openly abuses players he doesn’t like himself
I'm happy to support Pakistan even if they are a minnow once I feel they start playing for their nation. Its why I actually like the afghani team more and root for them, You can tell Afghanistan boys are passionate and play for their country. The fact that they don't back down even if their facing a much tougher team is testament to that.

They ironically look Pakistan dead in eye while playing.

But this I want opening, I want no 4, Tu hai mera match winner, Hum bhoot bari atei hain, Behold the Bradman of t20 cricket drama. This all needs to end.

Josh Little failed to make a big impact in IPL but can he turn the tide for his international side in the upcoming series and the T20 WC 2024

How am I not a pakistani fan? Not supporting babar regime and this dosti yaari selfish captain who promotes himself opening means I'm anti pakistani?

First ask Babar to play for his country and do what's right, then ask babar to win a goddamn thing in his now 5+ years of his captaincy.

If the captain himself isn't a pakiatani fan, you expect me to support the captain?

I will not, I will support once babar is shoved into the abyss. He can play at no 3 in t20z test and odi, no issue, infact I will become a babar supporter if he does that and removes himself as a captain.

Happy me, happy life.
You said you don't support Pakistan and supports Australia. Pakistan doesn't need your support.

Sarfraz mindset, not sarfraz type players. Heck you can say the name of Imran Khan if you wish.

I won't say the name of YK, because I don't endorse the idea of threatening fans and being rude and obnoxious to your teammates.
Mindset of losing to Sri Lanka at home. Got it.

Says the guy who openly abuses players he doesn’t like himself
I call them out for being rubbish. I don't say I don't support them like you do. Huge difference. It will probably go over your head.

Pakistan would be stupid to play Shaheen against Ireland whilst even Ireland are resting their number 1 seamer against Pakistan

Pakistan would be stupid to play Shaheen against Ireland whilst even Ireland are resting their number 1 seamer against Pakistan
So now Ireland doesn't even take us seriously 😂

Josh little is playing for Gujarat Titans right. In his first appearance he did a good job. So i guess he will play again against CSK.

Rizwan is some what still suitable for opening position but not Babar Azam. He is just eating out Fakhar Zaman's career
No he is not, Abdullah and saud should replace babar and rizwan effective immediately.

Abdullah has better footwork and better strokes then babar, his weakness is that he gets caught napping alot and hence gets LBW, but dude has better 6 potential + he desperately wants ti improve. He unlike babar is also willing to bat anywhere from 1-4, and he desperately is trying to improve his SR amd play for his country.

T20 cricket will help him improve his SR considering he's been superior as an Odi and test bat to babar for a while.

Saud is free flowing and just had a better psl then these 2.

Both can provide stability that's needed. The rest of the team cam have saim, usman khan, Fakhar, Haris, Tayyab tahir and various other strikers.

I'm fine with anchorers in the squad, you can't have 7 strikers given how saim and usman are playing currently, but babar and rozwan are beyond stubborn and inflexible, while Abdullah and saud aren't, and their higher sr and ability to hit sixes as shown in test, odi and warm up games makes them more lucrative options.

Babar and rizwan should be frontline in test, and in odi, babar should be no 3, Rizwan I don't like in odi but atm we don't have an ODI keeper to replace him since haris and Usman and azam won't function in odi.

Back