Is Hardik Pandya equivalent to Ben Stokes after the ICC T20 World Cup 2024 win?

Major

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
Ben Stokes has been highly regarded in English cricket, but after the way India made a comeback by having Hardik bowl in death overs and got the important wickets, does this make Hardik equivalent to Ben stokes?

It’s an interesting question.

If you see this game, he got Klaasen and Miller, the two main batsmen who were absolutely winning the game for SA. So that was clutch.

However you could say he got lucky because arguably both of wicket taking balls seemed loose - ish deliveries.

I think he has held his end up, performed creditably and is an asset. But he hasn’t absolutely dominated in the same mould as Stokes has done. So the jury’s out on that one.

Lol not for me but to Hardik’s credit he had an excellent tournament.

Axar had a great tournament too except that over which lost us the final today.

One thing is clear: he’s a genuine allrounder who can win with the bat and ball equally - not the fake allrounders like Shadab, Imad, Ifty etc.

India fielded genuine batsmen, genuine spinners, genuine fast bowlers, genuine captain (not makeshift like Babar) and genuine allrounders.

Team selection is half the prize.

Yes he has been as good as Stokes if not more in T20I in this World Cup than Stokes was in 2019 WC. The only reason there is debate is because Stokes is British white guy who is put to pedestal even for sneezing on the field. British media makes their soccer team World Cup contender every time even when the whole world knows their team is bang average.

Need to replicate same in ODI WC to match stokes's 2019 heroics. But overall pandya was always a better T20 cricketer than Ben stokes IMO.

Yes he has been as good as Stokes if not more in T20I in this World Cup than Stokes was in 2019 WC. The only reason there is debate is because Stokes is British white guy who is put to pedestal even for sneezing on the field. British media makes their soccer team World Cup contender every time even when the whole world knows their team is bang average.
Bro - would disagree. Pandya is good but stokes is top drawyer. Not only in odis but t20s and tests as well. Dont see why they need to be compared.

Thread is about pandya and you post this nonsense about bumrah. Would appreciate bumrah the same if he was from another country or from pak. Got to marvel at his skills. What a troll post
pandya >>> bumrah ... complete natural player .. no cheating

No.

Pandya is better than Stokes only in T20Is but in ODIs and Tests, Stokes is much better.

Pandya has always been excellent in T20Is. Great numbers with bat and ball and clutch player as well.

Stokes also won the ODI WC for England, which is still the greatest prize. And played an ATG test innings in the Ashes. Pandya still needs to win the ODI WC to be compared to Stokes in terms of success.

This thread is not about Bumrah so do not derail the thread with such posts. Thanks.

not equal but after ben stokes i rate pandya the best white ball all rounder, he is a genuine match winner!

Is this a joke? A pathetic one at that. And I do like Pandya a lot.

Ben Stokes has been highly regarded in English cricket, but after the way India made a comeback by having Hardik bowl in death overs and got the important wickets, does this make Hardik equivalent to Ben stokes?
No. Test Performances matter the most. But if he wins us 3 more ICC titles I would say 85% of Ben Stokes, which is a very good achievement as well.

Back