[PICTURES] Who will win the ICC T20 World Cup 2024?

Which side will win the ICC T20 World Cup 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know who will win but I hope its West Indies.

Personally, I don't want to see any of the Big 3 teams lift the trophy. They win too much as it is, and in the case of Australia and England, they win all the trophies too.

Windies winning on home soil would be a great story. And I feel like West Indies Cricket is in desperate need of a shot in the arm like this.
If Australia wins it may be boring however to change that other teams gotta step it up.

Afghanistan for sure, they have the most balanced side atm
How? Their a quality side but they don't have more balance then Australia.

Australia 2 PP openers, with every batter that follows after having a 140 SR except for Marsh. And bowling wise they got 3 quality pacers, one quality spinner and 2 quality allrounders in maxwell and stones.

Their clearly the most balanced squad considering they got 6 bowling options and their batters are All single handidely capable of finishing games by themselves, if all of them click then a 200+ score is guaranteed.

Afghanistan has gum openers, Gun spinners and gun pacers but their middle order is pretty ordinary and nabi is kinda done now. Nabi is the weak link in the squad

How? Their a quality side but they don't have more balance then Australia.

Australia 2 PP openers, with every batter that follows after having a 140 SR except for Marsh. And bowling wise they got 3 quality pacers, one quality spinner and 2 quality allrounders in maxwell and stones.

Their clearly the most balanced squad considering they got 6 bowling options and their batters are All single handidely capable of finishing games by themselves, if all of them click then a 200+ score is guaranteed.

Afghanistan has gum openers, Gun spinners and gun pacers but their middle order is pretty ordinary and nabi is kinda done now. Nabi is the weak link in the squad
I am sure they will upset Australia this time

I still feel the Aussies will clinch this one. They are just too good in all 3 formats.
That's the beauty of this format though. You don't have to be the best team to win. It's all about clutch performances and taking advantage of when your opponent makes a mistake. Because sooner or later every team messes up.

If Australia wins it may be boring however to change that other teams gotta step it up.
I know Australia is your favorite team but they are like the ultimate villains of cricket lol. Every cricket wants to see them fail because they have somehow traumatized fans from every country one way or another. That's why its so important for us non-Australian fans that they don't win.

I know Australia is your favorite team but they are like the ultimate villains of cricket lol. Every cricket wants to see them fail because they have somehow traumatized fans from every country one way or another. That's why its so important for us non-Australian fans that they don't win.
Ik, their the ultimate villians because they've caused more heartbreaks then any other team in history.

In 1996 they closed the door for Pakistan, and in 2015 and 2023, imagine beating the 2 teams that went unbeaten throughout the whole cup, Both those matches weren't even close. They were a one sided slaughter, especially 2015 final.

Then in 2021 and in 2010 the mental agony they put Pakistan through lol.

In 2023 them denying the semi final spit to Afghanistan was pure agony.

It also doesn't help that their the only team that's so chill. Every other team is desperate to win because they win like once a decade or not at all. India, Pakistan, Sa, NZ, amd even England now that stokes and morgan are gone are all in the same boat of desperation while Australia just plays each cup as its another random outing.

But that's why I love them so much, Playing against Australia In a final is pure and utter torture. They don't bother giving any respites, the finals are always a slow and painful death.

T20 even Australia cannot be consistent. It is a fickle format. They won a world T20 after 5 T20 series losses. But didn't even make the semi finals at home. They failed in several T20 world cups. We invented an excuse "They didn't take it seriously" lol Only time they won world T20 was when they won 6 tosses in a row.

The match between Canada and India at the ICC T20 World Cup 2024 in Lauderhill has been called off due to a wet outfield. As a result, the situation in all groups is now as follows.

England's fate will be decided soon.

1718466253327.png

1718466277491.png

1718466292683.png

1718466306318.png

If there is no upset, semi-finals should be:

India vs West Indies
South Africa vs Australia

I have a feeling we may see West Indies vs Australia in the final with Australia winning it.

Now time to support opposition teams of india. LOL.
I hope India doesn't win it.

Updated Points Table after Australia vs Scotland game (16-06-2024)

CYPEyyG.png

Now time to support opposition teams of india. LOL.
I hope India doesn't win it.
We are not winning it. We will struggle to reach the semis. That's okay. Unless and until they play full of youngsters i don't care India wins or not.

Fixtures, dates and venues confirmed for Super Eight stage of T20 World Cup

As the initial group stage of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024 comes to a close, we move to the next chapter in the event, which will see eight remaining teams battle it out for four semi-final spots.

India (Group A), USA (Group A), Australia (Group B), England (Group B), Afghanistan (Group C), West Indies (Group C), South Africa (Group D) and Bangladesh (Group D) are the eight teams who have qualified for the Super Eights.

India, Australia, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh will feature in Group 1 of the next round, whereas West Indies, South Africa, England, and the USA will feature in Group 2.

Teams will be play three matches each during the Super Eight phase, with the top two sides in each group qualifying for the semi-final stage of the event.

Super Eight details

The Super Eight stage commences in Antigua on June 19 with a clash between USA and South Africa in Antigua. The same evening West Indies will take against old rivals, England in St Lucia. The two sides have a prolific cricketing history, with the Men in Maroon ensuring a dominant display at home against England in the recent years.

The following day will see the unbeaten India and Afghanistan face-off in Barbados in what looms as a crucial fixture prior to the knockout stages of the tournament. This will also be the first occasion on this tournament that India will play a contest in the Caribbean.

The rampant Afghans will look to make amends for their close loss to Australia at last year's ICC Men's Cricket World Cup when the two sides meet on June 22 in St Vincent. Back-to-back games against formidable opponents can overwhelm most sides but Rashid Khan’s team have shown an indomitable fighting spirit in the tournament thus far.

More crucial fixtures follow up in coming dates: with co-hosts West Indies taking on South Africa in their final Group 2 clash on June 23 in Antigua. The Proteas have historically dominated the West Indies, but the tables were turned last month when the Men in Maroon clean-sweeped the three-game T20I series between the two sides at home.

Another Men’s Cricket World Cup-centric encounter takes place in St Lucia, where finalists India will clash against the eventual winners Australia on June 24.

Antigua, Barbados, St Lucia, and St Vincent will host all 12 games in this round.

Fixtures (as per local time)

19 June: USA v South Africa, North Sound, Antigua

19 June: England v West Indies, Gros Islet, St Lucia

20 June: Afghanistan v India, Bridgetown, Barbados

20 June: Australia v Bangladesh, North Sound, Antigua

21 June: England v South Africa, Gros Islet, St Lucia

21 June: USA v West Indies, Bridgetown, Barbados

22 June: India v Bangladesh, North Sound, Antigua

22 June: Afghanistan v Australia, Arnos Vale, St Vincent

23 June: USA v England, Bridgetown, Barbados

23 June: West Indies v South Africa, North Sound, Antigua

24 June: Australia v India, Gros Islet, St Lucia

24 June: Afghanistan v Bangladesh, Arnos Vale, St Vincent

What's the point of having a thought now? They are now eliminated.

They didn't select the right players (should've selected Haris and Abrar) and team didn't seem focused.
They can’t handle extreme pressure either, basically entire Asian squad can’t handle pressure nothing specific about Afghans

BD , PcT against India, India against Aus, Eng. Afghans in general in tough situations . Lanka is already trash now.

Aus Eng WI are faves for me. They play the most positive aggressive brand of cricket with intent and deserve to win.
All teams are flawed. WI is even more flawed. They can play like a minnow on a given day. But Ausralia's worst day can still be closer to the best day of others. England bowling miraculously won a world T20 with bowlers like Jordan, Sam Curran. But over here they will find it hard. Australia looks the most balanced side in that regard.

Aus Eng WI are faves for me. They play the most positive aggressive brand of cricket with intent and deserve to win.
England somehow don't feel like the same England in this tournament. Bashing minnows is fine but they were poor against Scotland and Australia.

I think West Indies is the sentimental favorite. And Australia is well, Australia. Its between those two for me.

All teams are flawed. WI is even more flawed. They can play like a minnow on a given day. But Ausralia's worst day can still be closer to the best day of others. England bowling miraculously won a world T20 with bowlers like Jordan, Sam Curran. But over here they will find it hard. Australia looks the most balanced side in that regard.
I would argue that Australia is not that balanced. Like there is no reason teams shouldn't hammer Stoinis and Maxwell who make up their fifth bowler. The batting is clutch but by no means the best in the tournament.

Australia's performance under pressure is what sets them apart. They are just better than every other team in those kinds of situations.

England somehow don't feel like the same England in this tournament. Bashing minnows is fine but they were poor against Scotland and Australia.

I think West Indies is the sentimental favorite. And Australia is well, Australia. Its between those two for me.
They weren't really poor against Australia. And Scotland game is harsh to judge considering it got rained off.

The issue is the Australia game exposed them on 2 fronts.

A) Their middle order is comparatively weak compared to their world class opening and top order.

B) Their bowling is average. Not bad but not great either.

Australia had them beat in every department, Only their opening are on par with each other but even then aussie opening is more experienced.

I would argue that Australia is not that balanced. Like there is no reason teams shouldn't hammer Stoinis and Maxwell who make up their fifth bowler. The batting is clutch but by no means the best in the tournament.

Australia's performance under pressure is what sets them apart. They are just better than every other team in those kinds of situations.
I disagree. But fair

They weren't really poor against Australia. And Scotland game is harsh to judge considering it got rained off.

The issue is the Australia game exposed them on 2 fronts.

A) Their middle order is comparatively weak compared to their world class opening and top order.

B) Their bowling is average. Not bad but not great either.

Australia had them beat in every department, Only their opening are on par with each other but even then aussie opening is more experienced.
England's bowling was quite poor. They bowled too full and with too much pace on the ball in both games. And when they came out to bat against Australia, the Australian bowlers put their batters on a leash by varying their pace and bowling in the right areas. Lucky for them they are playing 2 big matches in St. Lucia which is the flattest pitch in this tournament

West Indies topped the table in group C after a thumping win against Afghanistan.

7jYDUzs.png

Australia and West Indies look like the 2 best teams of the tournament. India will have to play out of their skin to win it. With the current lineup India is a semi-final team at the most.

Australia and West Indies look like the 2 best teams of the tournament. India will have to play out of their skin to win it. With the current lineup India is a semi-final team at the most.
I think eng or wi may falter against spin especially kuldeep in chase.They have to play against India in guyana and it's completely lottery of a toss as afg showed against nz.Its the best hope for India in knock outs

Another big question is who will knock out India from the World Cup?

Australia
West Indies
England
South Africa
Anyone else

Another big question is who will knock out India from the World Cup?

Australia
West Indies
England
South Africa
Anyone else

Good old Australia probably.

England also can knock them out. They did that in 2022 World T20.

Wi for me, their batting line up is quite scary - Pooran, Powell, Russell, Rutherford, Shepherd.

India is placed in very easy group. India is definitely going to the semis but I hope they don't make the semis.

As long as India don't win the tournament. It's fine by me.

If India meet any of WI or Aus in Semis/Finals, they will lose. Against England there's 50/50 chance. They may fancy only against SA, Afghanistan or Bangladesh (these three times likely to reach Semis spot). If India are lucky they may reach Finals if they meet any of these 3 teams in Semis... (if its against Afghanistan the match can get bit closer with some heart-beat moments, but eventually India may overhaul them like how Australia/Maxwell did... OR it could be an one-sided affair also with Afghanistan reaching knockouts for the first time and find it harder!)

But I am sure India will falter in Finals (because 1 out of Aus/WI will definitely reach Finals. Rather Finals can also be between Aus & WI, if the match up go accordingly)

This could be the tale of this world cup from Super'8 onwards. Aus, WI, India & SA/Eng/Afg/Ban may reach Semis. If Aus & WI don't meet in Semis, they will meet in Finals for sure. It is a question of Australia's everlasting hunger for trophies/challenges OR WI getting their act together (if they do it, they can achieve anything/beat anybody!)

India will end up again with their hapless average show in World Cups (reaching Semis/Finals) as long as they continue this conservative approach in Selection, Management, Tactics, etc.

To be honest, this is a lottery league. Any of Australia, England, West Indies, South Africa, and India can win this tournament. Australia looks super strong, while the remaining teams have flaws in their team combinations.

Most people here have already predicted that India will at most reach the semifinals and can't win the tournament, but it's too early to say.

England is Leading group 2 at Super 8 stages of the ICC T20 World Cup after beating West Indies.

pWi2Pom.png

Australia is still red hot favorite. The team is just too strong.

Bangladesh will see this first hand tomorrow or today evening depending on where you are.

India is placed in very easy group. India is definitely going to the semis but I hope they don't make the semis.

As long as India don't win the tournament. It's fine by me.
We aren't winning it. You don't have to worry about it.

Australia ticks the every box from performance to mentality, Cummins Starc Hazlewwod Zampa is the best attack by distance, plenty of explosive batsmen

Australia and England seem to have the firepower to beat each other on their days. The rest don't come close.

Your hoping is unnecessary. You don't have to pray for India to choke. They will anyways do it.
Lol man why would I pray. Hahahha. I don't care whichever team wins.
I won't lose my sleep if india wins. LOL.

I didn't even fully support zimbabar's team. LOL.
Zimabar and his friends deserved the humiliation.Haha

We aren't winning it. You don't have to worry about it.
Lol why would I worry. I don't care whichever team wins. T20WC is not pinnacle of cricket.

I mean Pakistan played the final last time around and semifinal before that.

It happens after every 2 years. It's kind of pointless tournament.

Lol why would I worry. I don't care whichever team wins. T20WC is not pinnacle of cricket.

They should have it every 4 years. Not 2 years.

You yourself posted that you don't want India to win it. I said that we (India) aren't winning it, you don't have to worry.

It’s interesting to see you participate so actively in World Cup threads, especially given your opinion that the tournament is pointless. Your repeated engagement suggests that the World Cup holds some significance, even if it’s just sparking discussions or debates.

The World Cup is much more than just a tournament for many people. It’s a global celebration that brings together diverse cultures, fosters national pride, and creates unforgettable memories. It's a showcase of talent and a source of inspiration for millions. Even if you don’t see its value, your frequent comments contribute to the lively conversation and prove that it’s impactful enough to keep your attention.

So, while you might view it as pointless, the very fact that it prompts you to comment repeatedly highlights its importance in generating dialogue and bringing people together. Maybe that's the real point.

You yourself posted that you don't want India to win it. I said that we (India) aren't winning it, you don't have to worry.
Obviously I don't want india to win but it doesn't mean if india wins I will be worried.

At the end of day whichever team plays well throughout the tournament will win.

It’s interesting to see you participate so actively in World Cup threads, especially given your opinion that the tournament is pointless. Your repeated engagement suggests that the World Cup holds some significance, even if it’s just sparking discussions or debates.

The World Cup is much more than just a tournament for many people. It’s a global celebration that brings together diverse cultures, fosters national pride, and creates unforgettable memories. It's a showcase of talent and a source of inspiration for millions. Even if you don’t see its value, your frequent comments contribute to the lively conversation and prove that it’s impactful enough to keep your attention.

So, while you might view it as pointless, the very fact that it prompts you to comment repeatedly highlights its importance in generating dialogue and bringing people together. Maybe that's the real point.
I get what you are saying. I don't mean pointless in that regard.

What I meant that this tournament is not that significant like 50 overs world cup. It happens after every 2 years sometimes it doesn't even feel like a big tournament. Even though I enjoy watching every icc event.

I love watching cricket whether it's franchise cricket or international cricket.I watch most of the leagues I have even watched canada T20 league.LOL.

Any icc event is obviously better than bilateral series and way better than those leagues.

I hold icc events in highest regard.

I get what you are saying. I don't mean pointless in that regard.

What I meant that this tournament is not that significant like 50 overs world cup. It happens after every 2 years sometimes it doesn't even feel like a big tournament. Even though I enjoy watching every icc event.

I love watching cricket whether it's franchise cricket or international cricket.I watch most of the leagues I have even watched canada T20 league.LOL.

Any icc event is obviously better than bilateral series and way better than those leagues.

I hold icc events in highest regard.
Good reply :afridi

South Africa going into the semi’s will be a walk over for India if they play each other.

Only England and West Indies can stop India from reaching the final.
Too much care for india.
Dont worry we are not going to win the trophy due to pathetic team selection. So dont take much stress :kp

South Africa has a rare opportunity to lift an ICC cup. If they can’t do it this year, they will never be able to do so.

Disagree, holding it every 2 years has been a great way to expand the game into new territories.

And t20 is only format with the hope of being globalized

Exactly it's just a short tournament anyway gets over quickly in 30 days so what's the big fuss. It seems these people only want to play against a few big teams. It's this WT 20 which has provided teams like Nepal, Scotland, USA, Uganda, Namibia to display their skills and gain experience at the World Level which otherwise they wouldn't.

Now we will back to usual Elite Level Cricket for 2 years and minnows can get lost into obscurity again. They would even make the WT20 not only a 4 year event but also an event of Top 10 teams only, thankfully it won't happen.

I guess so. If WI win they are through because of their NRR. the real fight will be between England and SA then. I think SA will go through.
The real fight is between westindies and South Africa.

England ia anyway going through by beating USA with a decent margin .

Back