Is Wahab Riaz a bad bowler?

Dr Khan

First Class Player
Runs
Can blow a load of rubbish material all day long, wides, no balls, shot balls asking to be hit. He really is Awful

Wahab Riaz - You are Awful

Yes you read it right, Only a fluke performance against India in Semi Final has given him a place in the team. A guy with little or no cricketing sense would not bowl repeated short balls on to leg side of a batsmen.

In 3 overs, He has given 37 runs. What's so good about him?

More to follow

Atrocious would be complimentary for this 'bowling' so far. Always looks mediocre without reverse swing though.

How hard is it to bowl nice and straight, wicket to wicket. Why are some people so dumb

he's being used incorrectly. He's an attacking bowler bowling in a powerplay.

Pathetic bowling, i dont know why Misbah persisted with him after his first 2 overs.

^^ LOL @ the epic knee-jerkers and their reactions!!!

This is not knee jerk, he has been very ordinary on most ocassions. He did the same inconsistent stuff when he was playing county cricket in England. He is not consisten enough to be playing for Pakistan

this'll probably be his last match for pakistan unless he turns if around big time in his next spell, if there is one

you can't take an inform bowler, make him sit out for 10 games and bring him back in a pressure game and expect him to do well.

Been living off that 5-fer vs India in the World Cup. Too inconsistent. All over the shop today, conceded extras, bowled short, wide and bowled leg-side of the batsmen. Terrible performance.

If he takes a 5er in the next game will he still be awful? Terrible bowling so far but learn to be patient please.

This is not knee jerk, he has been very ordinary on most ocassions. He did the same inconsistent stuff when he was playing county cricket in England. He is not consisten enough to be playing for Pakistan

Thumbs up to that.

I can understand being driven or milked for six runs. But when you can't get off bowling short and at the leg stump, you are awful.

Hes been shocking, short, both sides of the wkt, wides and no balls

Atrocious, cant believe some1 at this level can be so shockingly rubbish

If Hammad Azam had bowled three overs of pure rubbish like that of Wahab Riaz, anyone here disagree that Hammad would get dropped from squad and not heard of again for years.....?

In a computer game I would sell Wahab with a 90% discount.

In a computer game, even if you choose Wahab Riaz I am sure you wont bowl him as badly as he does in real life...

bit harsh. about 15 runs have been conceded off his bowling thanks to schoolboy fielding errors.

bit harsh. about 15 runs have been conceded off his bowling thanks to schoolboy fielding errors.

Some by him like failing to back up bowling by turning his back on the action

If Hammad Azam had bowled three overs of pure rubbish like that of Wahab Riaz, anyone here disagree that Hammad would get dropped from squad and not heard of again for years.....?

Unfair to compare Wahab with Hammad. Wahab has been in and out of the team for significant period now. Everyone has a bad day, but the problem with him is that he has not learnt from his mistakes. He keeps on bowling those no balls and wides. You would think that the amount of time he has spent in net, he would have better control now

no bowler continuously bowls wides and no balls and short pitch

wahab has been doing it while he was on form and did it again

he shows flashes of brilliance but he has always been prone to alot of errors

no bowler continuously bowls wides and no balls and short pitch

wahab has been doing it while he was on form and did it again

he shows flashes of brilliance but he has always been prone to alot of errors

He is no different than Sami

The team management should also be blamed. They don't play him against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka and all of the sudden they bring him in for a preassure game. You need to give him longer run in the team. He is clearly rusty.

But he has made same mistakes ball after ball. Why not use your pace and bowl full at the stumps instead of half-short balls on leg side.

Management needs to get some of the blame. Played him in the game simply because he got 5 wickets against the same opposition one year ago. Yeah, makes sense.

Some People taling here about a pressure game...hmmm

which PRESSURE??????

Pak is already in the final.

At the moment its clear we need to explore other pace bowling options.

:))) :))) let's face it, he bowled the worst but gul, afridi and cheema didn't set the world on fire today

One of the worst bowling performances by a Pakistani bowler I have seen.

Why? When he wasn't bowling wides or no-balls, nearly everyone of his other balls were short.

Most of them on the leg.

Unbelievably bad.

One of the worst bowling performances by a Pakistani bowler I have seen.

Why? When he wasn't bowling wides or no-balls, nearly everyone of his other balls were short.

Most of them on the leg.

Unbelievably bad.
Correct.. When fine leg is doing as much work as the bowler you know you're sending down filth.

Someone tell me on what performance basis he is selected for Pakistan squad. Did he performed in domestic or any other side games? Some players seem to have eternal right to get in pakistani team for non cricketing reasons.

Someone tell me on what performance basis he is selected for Pakistan squad. Did he performed in domestic or any other side games? Some players seem to have eternal right to get in pakistani team for non cricketing reasons.

Mohali.

Well, Kohli might have very well ended his career. We should give him one or two more chances before completely giving up on him though, but keep him away from the Asia Cup final please.

wht the hell he did .... plzz throw him back to domestic
and give him new brain

Wahab was all over the place- but so were cheema and to an extent afridi. Its good we utilised him before the final. If this would hv happened in the final it would have been more hurting. Now we know our best combo.
Wahab out- Sarfarz or Rehman in,
Cheema/Hammad out - Rehman in.

Somehow i think- we will continue with Cheema. Hammad and Wahab OUT. We need to strenghten our (slow)bowling.

Wahab had some very poor spells and Misbah was foolish in persisting with him. Thanks Misbah and Wahab.

wht the hell he did .... plzz throw him back to domestic
and give him new brain

But don't transplant his new brain from Afridi or Akmal ... oh, actually nothing to worry .. that's impossible since they don't have one anyways :)

But don't transplant his new brain from Afridi or Akmal ... oh, actually nothing to worry .. that's impossible since they don't have one anyways :)

Afridi and Akmal have precious brains its a rare breed of brains waisay bhi 10 sar phoro to 1 main say demagh nikalta hay baki 9 waisay hi khali hotay hain.

I bet we can find at least 100 bowlers better than him in Pakistan. Rubbish bowler should never play for Pakistan again.

Can't believe this is the same bowler who took 5 wickets in WC semi.

Didn't watch the match, bowling figures and reactions from trusted members suggest he really bowled bad today. But that bad? Sledger nd blitzer's comments suggest he bowled 20 full tosses. Lol :wahab

Last edited:
Sarfaraz Nawaz's hard work on Wahab?

Wahab was bad but wasn't that bad before the help he got from Sarfaraz nawaz. Keep him away from sarfaraz nawaz , let him bowl the way he does. He is not that bad, he can bowl yorkers and has a good short ball. Today , he bowled a lot on leg side , short stuff , wides and no-balls. I would not call for his head just yet.

Wahab Riaz is the most wayward bowler I have ever seen in any form.

Never seen anything like it. He simply has no control of the ball. Its as if he has never bowled before and is just started to bowl for the first time.

Sarfaraz claimed that you will see better fast bowlers in asia cup with better control and more pace

Sarfraz was saying correct me if im wrong that he helped add extra pace to the bowlers, they ll bowl faster and something about swing as well, riaz inswining it now :)))

BRO seerioooouslly u trained well the way u criticize thanx he is a worst bowler now :p He played a large part in loosing us the game :p

perhaps its also the dew factor. A player needs a bit of time to develop rythm and confidence after being overlooked for so long..give it another match or two...then you can call for his head.

I know he was the major part of the loss today , but the other quicks weren't goot either going over 7 an over. Take away his 4 overs , India would still be needing only 50 in last 6.1 overs which is a cakewalk. the wicketkeeper decision was a major one , pakistan got under pressure at the start of the innings when there were too many extras on offer.

Absolute fail of selection considering we had Hamad Azam. Didn't see the logic behind his selection besides a nostalgic selection based on the WC semis.

It backfired big time. To concede 50 runs in 5 overs is just not on.

And shame on Misbah giving him the ball for a second spell when he still had Hamad Azam up his sleeve.

Wahab is a much better bowler to left handers than right handers. Because he doesn't have the inswinger, he is usually ineffective against the right handers.

He needs to work urgently on his wrist position, he probably even needs to change his action. All bowlers eventually make adjustments to their bowling actions to add that extra bit of potency. His action is ideal for reverse swing into the left handers but against right handers he will always struggle.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

Seniors should have advised him to try some variations like slower balls, cutters, at least going around the wicket and changing the angle.

Absolute fail of selection considering we had Hamad Azam. Didn't see the logic behind his selection besides a nostalgic selection based on the WC semis.

It backfired big time. To concede 50 runs in 5 overs is just not on.

And shame on Misbah giving him the ball for a second spell when he still had Hamad Azam up his sleeve.

50 runs in 4 overs mate!

Hammad Azam is not much of a bowler anyways. If the Indians took it to Gul, Ajmal, Cheema and Wahab, Azam would not have ruffled any feathers, he is at par with Razzaq if not worse.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

chillax people, the guy was just rusty...it's really misbah's fault for not giving him enough match practice and stuff

Back