Is Wahab Riaz a bad bowler?

Before the 2 new ball rule riaz was an effective option. His Yorkers were the closest I have seen to wasim akrams, but without he is nothing

He is pure garbage, all he has is pace and reverse swing (which is redundant due to new ball rules)
no cricket brain, cant swing it

HE is bowling crap but then again we will give him a one off game and then drop for ages

He has shown zero signs of improvement, he came in with both batsman under pressure , but still leaked

Wahab Riaz is a very average bowler. There are people who claim that he can lead the attack, which is quite silly.

But Gul had to be dropped, period. The tour selection is wrong with too many passengers in the side sue to which we replaced one awful bowler for another. But it had to be done. Nothing wrong with dropping gul.

What do Wahab and Gul have in common in this ODI series? Both end up with economy rates of over 7 an over.

Waqar was right ;).

He is pretty much done in ODIs now with the 2 new ball rule.

Bowling absolute garbage now :(

2ljpcfo.png

Im eating humble pie, Wahab is terribad.i had hopes but i concede. i was wrong. he is worse than Sami.

Both wasim and waquar stated that juanid would learn and will become a complete bowler: we are seeing that now despite him being 5 years younger than riaz and not as athletic

At the time I remember many laughing at them

Last edited:
Re: Is Wahab Riaz awful ?

Fans over here have no right to complain. He went to domestic cricket, performed and rightfully got recalled. He was unfairly dropped in 2011 and now has to reestablish himself.

Fans need to be patient with him as well but that is asking for too much.

beggers belief why cheema/sohail tanvir and rahat ali are not in the squad

sohail has done well for highveld lions in t20

and rahat ali was showing a bit of promise in 3rd test

wahab and gul are just as bad as each other when they are awful they are really awful.

Sohail tanvir should never play for pak again, he is worse than riaz

Aiaz cheema is the one who was hard done by
As was anwar Ali

Re: Is Wahab Riaz awful ?

beggers belief why cheema/sohail tanvir and rahat ali are not in the squad

sohail has done well for highveld lions in t20

and rahat ali was showing a bit of promise in 3rd test

wahab and gul are just as bad as each other when they are awful they are really awful.

Not really Rahat Ali was being riddiculed in the test series just like Wahab Riaz is now. Thank goodness we fans arent selectors

No he is not !
He didnt bowl well today but also has been unlucky.. we have to gibe him time.
Gul has been bowling crap for ages and played so many games.

Wahab atleast should play the next 2 games as well.

Is Wahab Riaz awful ?

Where are the Waqar bashers now..

Wahab Riaz should be kicked out of the team for good. A complete an utter wate of time!

Oh get of wahab!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are bad!!!

So frustrating watching this pie bowling!!!!

am I cruel man for finding this funny

Not at all.. the pitch is made for batsmen. Only good bowlers would survive without getting a hiding here. Riaz is a Johnson like bowler, no consistency but can churn up some incredible spells. Perfect Pakistan like character!

if it was sami, people will scream to death but as its wahab, people are saying to persist with him and give him atleast two other matches :)):))

and also

Wahab has a wicket but these are poor figures. Mazher: "93 runs by Wahab Riaz. Most expensive bowling figures by a Pakistan bowler in an ODI. Previous: 92 by Rana Naved, also against South Africa at Centurion 2007

Not at all.. the pitch is made for batsmen. Only good bowlers would survive without getting a hiding here. Riaz is a Johnson like bowler, no consistency but can churn up some incredible spells. Perfect Pakistan like character!

Riaz can do some damage with the old ball, if at all.

I fully back his inclusion in place of Gul, but he is awful. Like I said before the match, at this point Gul needs to be dropped, even if it means playing with 10 men

I honestly think he was way too unlucky today, should have got Amla twice and many other edges...don't forget that this is a "road" like pitch hence spare a thought...also, his follow-through wasn't working in the beginning...but having seen his raw speed I would definitely stick with him for the next ODI

"That’s horror-awful. That’s horrible and awful mixed together.”

- Shaquille o'Neill.

People being overtly harsh.

Playing anyone once a year doesn't help!

Yes he was erratic but clearly the umpire was harsh for odis as regards the danger zone.

He needs to play odis and tests and you will see him take plenty of wickets. Good to see him back. Tough day today but he had some bad luck. Edges and dropped catches.

The improvement will come

He should be discarded and his name should never ... ever be mentioned again. Nor even thought of!

misbah ended wahab's career by letting him bowl full quota of his overs. Great Job Captaan Sahab !!

I believe Riaz would have provided Pakistan with the raw pace they really needed in test series! If conditions favor him, he can be devastating!

This is how Wahab's fans will argue back.

"He took TWO HUGE wickets u know, and that's also of Amla n Plesis. WOW !!!
You can't drop this guy now, can u?
So what if he gave away 93 runs in 10 overs and had a few extras for wides? Every bowler has bad days n it was one for Wahab today. But look at this way, Irfan also took two wickets, so did Riaz so they are equal.
Junaid didn't take a wicket in contrast so Wahab is definitely a better bowler than Junaid."

Is Wahab Riaz awful ?

If wahab had an attitude like junaid then maybe he could improve but IMO he already thinks he's a superstar from wen he made his debut, he really needs to take a break n go back to 1st class cricket n work harder

Back